Larry Lynch and the Mob Reviews

51 | El Cerrito, CA

51 Reviews for Larry Lynch and the Mob

Thomas · Married on 10/01/2016

Worked with Larry on our wedding back in October 2016 at the Trappe Ranch in Sebastopol. First met Larry at a friends wedding in 2014 and we had a blast dancing all night long to the band. Larry was responsive to our initial inquiry and we were quickly booked. Made the whole playlist with songs from his website, and they band played them all. #1 compliant I hear from other wedding couples is their band gave them no input on the playlist. Larry was great to work with throughout the process, he even last minute introduced the wedding party. They knew our father/daughter, mother/son songs even though we gave them only a few days notice. Band was on time, set up and ready for the day of. Music during dinner was at a welcoming level. Later in the night they played some great renditions of newer dance songs we love like katy perry, carly rae, and then put on an epic 10 minute rendition of Shout. A month later we are still getting compliments about how great our wedding was, and we can't thank Larry enough.

Sean · Married on 08/15/2015

Larry Lynch and the Mob performed at our wedding in Healdsburg in August. We really struggled picking a band as my fiance and I lived in New York and London. But as soon as we found Larry Lynch, we knew we had found the winner and it turned out to be one of our best decisions we made. They absolutely made the evening. The band has an enormous amount of talent, both on the instruments and vocally. They have an incredibly broad repotoire spanning many decades from classics to modern hits. And they aren't cheesy. I've attended many weddings with good bands but who seemed to be confused as to whether they were there to play music or be stand up comedians with a little music sprinkled in between. Larry Lynch and the Mob weren't like that - they focused on playing great music. Everyone danced (people I never even thought I would see near a dancefloor) and to this day we are getting compliments from our guests regarding how awesome our band was.

Larry Lynch was also super easy and pleasant to work with during the planning stages. He is a very personable, easy going guy who clearly loves to play and is just focused on making sure his band is prepared to give you the performance you want. We can't say enough good things about Larry Lynch and the Mob. They made our wedding receiption the perfect evening we had hoped it would be and recommend anyone in the area considering a band for their wedding to pick Larry Lynch and the Mob!

Philip · Married on 08/02/2015

We hired Larry and his group for a celebration 37 years in the making. We knew the minute we heard them that this was the band for us! Though Larry is the lead for this group, each member is personable and professional. We recommend Larry Lynch and the Mob to anyone wanting a dance band with style and superb talent! Thanks for a wonderful evening Larry!

nick · Married on 06/13/2015

Did a great job for our wedding on June 13th, 2015. They exceeded expectations and kept people dancing the entire time. Larry was a pleasure to work with and I whole-heartedly recommend them. Larry even agreed to play the role of the wedding mc and was great.

In sum, nothing but positive things to say and you won't go wrong with them as your band.

Larry Lynch and the Mob are fantastic, nothing less than the perfect wedding band. We hired them for our June 6, 2015 wedding at Solage. As a bride planning her Napa wedding from Chicago, finding vendors was challenging. Larry was timely and professional in all of his communication, even calling me back within 24 hours of my initial message from a beach in Hawaii (he was on vacation). As for talent, this band is second to none. My father went to see a minimum of five different bands for me and Larry Lynch and the Mob were the best. Don't take my word for it, ask for references. I did, and spoke to two references -- one was the bride and groom, another was the father of a bride. Both said the same thing: Look no further, this band is the best. So true. Further, they are reasonable in their pricing and expectations. Our venue required a specific contract to be signed by the band and special insurance, and Larry had no problem arranging these things so that everything went seamless (we paid the fee for the insurance). On the night of the wedding, nearly every guest commented on how fabulous the group played throughout the evening. Their range from oldies and wedding classics to today's hits is incredible and difficult to find. They strike the balance of talent, professionalism, and fun impeccably well, and they can read the audience, which is invaluable. We had guests on the dance floor all night, thanks to this wonderful band. My family liked them so much that we want to use them again for an upcoming anniversary party that is in the early planning stages! Seriously, hire these guys. You will not regret it.

Harrison · Married on 05/16/2015

Larry Lynch and the Mob were one of the best parts of our wedding! The dance floor was never empty. Larry was extremely responsive, and gave us a lot of his time while we were planning. He was very flexible and professional. Super fun, great sound and talent. They could do A LOT with five people. Looking forward to our anniversary so that we can have an excuse to use them again ;).

Lauren · Married on 05/02/2015

I first heard Larry Lynch & The Mob play at my friends wedding years ago - we danced the entire night. After I got engaged, Larry was the first vendor I contacted, before I even knew anything else about my wedding! Larry was very responsive and SO accommodating. The band learned Bust A Move so that my husband could perform it with them at the reception, it was a blast. They have an extensive library of music to choose from, and do a great job of keeping themselves current with today's hits as well. Everyone at my wedding talked about how great the band was, we're very pleased we booked them.

Nicholas · Married on 10/04/2014

Larry Lynch and the Mob were awesome- they played great songs, engaged the crowd, and played to the mood! People were on the dance floor before dinner was over. It was incredible! We had an evening wedding and had a full dance floor all night including the last song at 12:30am!
    We had a ton of compliments on the band and they were priced right! Larry was extremely responsive with communication and we always had a response in 12 hours or less. WE LOVE LARRY! AND THE MOB!!

Patrick · Married on 09/20/2014

If you are looking for a band for your event, check out Larry Lynch and the Mob. They are very professional and will bring a great amount of energy to your party. Larry returns your calls promptly, they show up on time (actually early) and they will work with you to make sure that you get exactly what you want. Their play list is broad and extensive enough to entertain all ages. They "read the room" and play the correct music to keep the party rolling. The Larry Lynch and the Mob website provides samples of their music and has a direct link for communication. My family was very pleased with their performance and we have received many compliments for our choice of entertainment.

Christina · Married on 09/13/2014

Larry Lynch and the Mob was amazing both to work with and as performers! They were really helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process which allowed our stress to be on other items. They were flexible and even learned some songs that we requested. I had so much fun with them on the wedding day and they kept everyone on the dance floor!

Tabitha · Married on 08/31/2014

I can't tell you how happy my husband and I are about hiring Larry Lynch and the Mob to play at our wedding! We wanted the band to keep our guests dancing all night with 70s/80s music and that's exactly what they did. All our guests were raving about the music and didn't want them to stop playing at the end of the night.

Couple other things I loved:
    - Musical talent - these guys are REALLY good - great musicans and sounds fantastic
    - Larry and the team was extremely easy to work with and accommodative throughout the entire process. He was very responsive via phone and e-mail, which, for a stressed out bride, is a HUGE positive.
    - Wide song list - Larry and the Mob were able to play slow songs during dinner to fast paced 80s music really well...the flexibility is phenomenal
    - Larry did a great job MCing our reception
    - Love the playful music during the garter/bouquet toss
    - The band played our first dance/parent's song...which added a beautiful effect vs. having a pre-recorded song play

Having a band at your wedding vs. a DJ makes a huge difference in your guest's experience so we felt hiring Larry Lynch and Mob is worth every penny.

terri · Married on 08/16/2014

Larry Lynch & The Mob was the perfect band for my daughter's wedding. They were very accommodating, knew how to read the crowd in order to get everyone out on the floor, and their sound was amazing. They played something for everyone -- they even learned a new song Tu Vuoi Fare L'Americana (all Italian lyrics) for my daughter! I would highly recommend this band for any wedding.

Ali · Married on 07/11/2014

Larry Lynch and the Mob were absolutely amazing! We cannot recommend them highly enough!!!
    ​T​hey were so accommodating to all our needs, learning ​new ​songs for our big day (at no extra cost, like some bands)​ and they were so easy to work with. ​

When it was time for the music start we knew we had made a great choice​;​ the band was incredible! Larry and the ​b​and got everyone off their feet and dancing​. They had such fantastic energy all night and chose a fantastic mix of old classic and new tunes to keep everyone entertained. All of our guests have been raving about the amazing band we had at our wedding ​. We had an amazing evening, what more could you want​?​!

Melissa · Married on 06/28/2014

Larry Lynch and the Mob played for our June 28, 2014 wedding in San Francisco. Larry was always responsive, professional, and extremely accommodating. I have heard countless times from our guests how great the band was and how much fun everyone had dancing. Larry and the band were phenomenal and I would highly recommend them for your next event! Thanks Larry Lynch and the Mob for helping make our wedding the best day ever! Melissa and Kelly Norman

Christie · Married on 12/28/2013

Larry Lynch and the Mob were absolutely unbelievable. They were easy to work with, really friendly, could play a wide variety of songs that cater to every guest, personable, organized, professional, and fun! They were by far one of the best choices I made for my wedding. The dance room was packed all night and they really brought the house down! Best of all, they really listened to the type of experience that I wanted my guests to have and put together a song list that really blew everyone's mind. They even learned new songs for us for our first dances. I really can't imagine having any other group at my wedding. Thank you so much Larry Lynch and the Mob for making my wedding unforgettable!

Cindy · Married on 10/05/2013

We first became acquainted with the band in June 2006. We were searching for a band to play at our daughter's wedding reception and a friend recommended the band and we were given a CD with a compilation of music. We listened and were blown away by the range of music played by the band and its quality. We took a bit of a risk by signing a contract without hearing the band play live. We were not disappointed. Friends and guest remarked for years after the event – “the band was the best part of the reception.” We agree.

Fast forward to December 2012. Our second daughter was engaged to be married. The wedding planning discussion turns to music. We asked her if she likes a particular band. She asked, “what about Larry Lynch and the Mob?” We said Larry Lynch would be our first choice, but it’s your wedding. We went to Larry’s house to listen to band practice one rainy night in December, 2012. The band was as good that night as they were in June 2006. We signed a contract with Larry right away. He provided a small combo to play during the cocktail hour and for four hours (8 PM to midnight) Larry Lynch and Mob had nearly everyone on the dance floor. They played a great selection of music from the 70’s and 80’s, plus contemporary tunes selected by the bride and groom. Weeks and months following the event, friends and guests continue to rave about the band. We say: “ Larry Lynch and Mob – you are the best!” Wish we had another event to have them play!

Gene · Married on 09/07/2013

This review is long overdue. Larry Lynch and the Mob played at our wedding two years ago (!!!) and we still talk about how great they were and how much they added to our day.

My wife and I knew we wanted a band for the reception, and spent a lot of time looking for the perfect fit. In the end, we couldn't have selected any better. Larry and the band had us into their studio to listen to songs we selected during a mini-audition, learned a couple of songs for the wedding that were important to us (a random Garth Brooks song and a current top 40 pop song - in addition to their deep and diverse playlist), and emceed the entire night. They were so good at mixing it up and playing new and old stuff to keep everyone entertained and dancing, they really were the best part of the reception (other than the bride of course!) !!

Additionally, in meeting with various bands my wife and I continually walked away feeling like we were just getting ripped off due to the wedding premium. Larry and the Mob priced their services extremely fair, and made us feel like they really enjoyed playing music and being there was fun for them as well -not just there to clean out our pockets because we needed them! They had already played at our venue and were giving us ideas on how everything would work best, which is fantastic, one additional stress of us. Little things like that you don't necessarily notice at the time, but after the fact it really goes a long way.

Also- it's pretty cool to run into the band that played your wedding at The Moraga Commons jamming away!

Michael · Married on 08/24/2013

Larry Lynch and the mob really went out of their way for us. Learning multiple new songs, including our first dance song, reception music and 'get lucky' by daft punk (only days before our event). They were key to pulling the entire wedding together. They even perfectly executed a 'dance-off' contest that required them to play 8 different songs but shorten versions that made sense and they did it flawless. Everyone was talking about how fun our wedding was and how great the band was. If I HAD to give any constructive criticism, it would be that occasionally Robbie the guitarist was a bit quicker than Larry to respond and would more thoroughly answer all our questions when multiple questions existed in one email. BUT this was very minor and in the end, everything was perfect. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. They're PRO and really can feel the audience members out. You can go watch them play at their jam location before booking too. Book them! You won't regret it. :)

Amy · Married on 08/10/2013

Larry Lynch and the Mob performed at our wedding in August. They completely exceeded my expectations! They sounded great, played all the songs that I requested and kept the dance floor full all night! Everyone had such a great time dancing. Multiple guests came up to me and asked me where I found the band. I would highly recommend Larry Lynch and the Mob for your wedding. Amazing.

Lydia · Married on 07/27/2013

We booked Larry for our wedding in July, and they were fantastic. Like most people we had no idea what to look for in a wedding band, other than the fact that good wedding bands were a lot of fun and we wanted a good one.

We checked out several different bands, listened to a lot of tracks, and went out to check out a few in person. Larry was kind enough to let us come out to one of their practice/jam sessions, and basically put on a little private show for us. My (then) fiancee and I loved it and had a blast. We compared them to another band that was twice the price (more people, fancier equipment), and decided that Larry and the Mob were not only a better deal but just plain more fun.

Probably the most important thing you want in a wedding band is the ability to read the crowd and really play to the crowd's energy, and Larry did a great job of that. Everyone was up and dancing and having fun and we culminated in a giant circle around my wife and I with everyone linking shoulders and belting out Journey. It was amazing.

We spent tons of time on the catering and decorations and everything else but the one thing that we got compliments from EVERYONE on was the band, especially "that crazy energetic drummer", which of course is Larry.

Seriously, book these guys, you will not be disappointed.

Hana · Married on 07/20/2013

Larry Lynch and the Mob is the best wedding band anyone could ever ask for. They were not only the best we reviewed (we saw several play - including some of the most "popular" in the bay area), but they were also the most musically talented. They had the best wedding-appropriate volume, style and energy. Our dance floor was packed the entire night! Thanks Larry!

Jade · Married on 07/05/2013

My husband and I booked Larry Lynch and the Mob sight unseen for our wedding. We had wanted to see them in person but we're worried that by the time we made it to a practice session they would be booked on our date. Since, we loved the samples on their website and they had great reviews everywhere we looked we went ahead and booked them anyway. Larry was great throughout the entire process from booking to wedding day. He was prompt, professional, and straightforward -- by far the best and easiest vendor to work with for our wedding.

And of course, just as we were sure they would be, the band was great on the day of! We had a couple of the members play during cocktail hour as well and they were a great warm up for the guests before the actual dancing portion of the night. Larry was a great MC throughout, reading the crowd and firing up great songs that everyone loved. They played songs from all genres and decades that got everyone at least singing if not also dancing! Their energy was amazing! So many of our guests told us that day and still tell us how great the band was.

Thanks to them being so awesome they helped our day be as wonderful as it was.

Kate · Married on 06/22/2013

Larry Lynch & the Mob were fantastic! From start to finish! We went to hear them play before booking them and they played some songs we requested, which were awesome. Once we brought them on to play at our wedding, they were extremely professional. I emailed multiple times with Larry. He and his band learned two songs for us and they were both great renditions of what we requested.

Robbie played during our ceremony and cocktail hour as well. He was unbelievably helpful when we were picking out songs. He made suggestions and once we'd finalized our songs, we asked him to play similar music during the gathering portion, which he did beautifully.

The band required very little direction. (Robbie adjusted musical interludes during the recession and ceremony according to the moment. Larry and the band set up without needing help from anyone.) They took everything into their hands while understanding the feel of our wedding. This was a relief as I did not need to worry about them at all. They were the easiest vendor we worked with during our wedding. (Just for understanding, we hosted the wedding on our family property and did not have a wedding planner.)

The music they played was great! Everyone was on the dance floor! I had never seen my mom dancing like this before. Our goal was to have a wedding that focused on dancing and Larry Lynch and the Mob was the perfect band for that! They understood the vibe of our wedding and played music accordingly. At the end of the evening, Larry did a great job by gathering the crowd to form two lines and toss bird seed. When he saw that people needed some herding, he called them together and took control which was perfect! Couldn't have asked for anything more. Do yourself a favor and book them! They will be fantastic and make your life so easy!

George · Married on 05/04/2013

Larry Lynch and his crew were OUTSTANDING. True professionals from start to finish. They were very accommodating of all our requests, even learned a couple songs just for us. On the day-of, they had a great vibe and kept the crowd on the dance floor though the finish. Everyone thought they were perfect. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• User5542050 · 2+ years ago

We had a wonderful wedding for my Daughter and son in law at a beautiful historic hotel venue in downtown San Francisco. The wedding, venue, and dinner were all exceptional, but the best part of the wedding was the performance by "Larry Lynch & the Mob". Larry was very easy to deal with and the band very professional. We had 250 invited guests and the band had everyone on their feet for three hours!! Our entire family and many friends had a GREAT time, and many are still telling us it was without a doubt, the best wedding they had ever attended. Even though the venue was spectacular, Larry Lynch's band made the wedding even more special! I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a great band to create great lifelong memories for not only the bride and groom but anyone lucky enough to attend the wedding.