LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Reviews

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 5
LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 6
LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 7

Esther · Married on 04/26/2014

Exceptional!!!! I had the best experience with Laplaya...We were very pleased with EVERYTHING!!! Julie our coordinator was exceptional. I couldnt have made it through the planning and all the extra stress without her. She treated us as though we were her friends/family. She took care of all our needs and went above and beyond to do things that were not even part of her job duties. She truly helped make our experience with Laplaya a memoriable one. We had a beautiful ceremony and recpetion soley due to Julie. I will forever be grateful to Julie for all she did for us. Laplay is a great place to get married the location and ambiance is spectaculer but working with someone like Julie just adds a special touch to it. Its a bit costly but well worth the money. All our guest are still talking about what a beautiful wedding we had. We are very please and already have plans to renew our weding vows there...some day :-)
    Thank You Julie Germer.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Sheila · Married on 03/22/2014

I wish I could give La Playa 10 stars, the service, location, venue, food and drink were a perfect 10. Melanie Delaney was my main point of contact from my very first visit and was with me every step of the way all the way until I walked down the aisle. Planning a large wedding (175 people) from Chicago can be very stressful but Melanie and her staff made it a breeze. No request was too big or too small and she was extremely responsive responding to my emails within minutes in most cases!

We had a big welcome BBQ on the north lawn Friday night and the setting was picture perfect with the sun setting in the background but the food, drinks and service made it outstanding. Despite a large group the staff at La Playa were flawless and made sure all of my guests were taken care.

Saturday our Ceremony/cocktail hour was a dream and the Vanderbilt ballroom was the perfect setting to dance the night away.

All weekend my guests kept talking about the venue and the service they received. Everyone was treated like royalty and La Playa took care of everything that I never had to worry.

You will not regret choosing La Playa for your venue. I wish I could do it all over it again.... It was that perfect!!!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Karen · Married on 01/31/2014

La Playa was an elegant and amazing setting for our daughter's wedding. It is stunning and the staff all helped to make it very special in many ways. I would highly recommend La Playa as a setting for a destination wedding.

Sent on 02/21/2014

Katie · Married on 01/30/2014

La Playa Beach and Golf Resort is a boutique resort that is costly and professional.
    You pay for exceptional service, food, hospitality, and beauty.
    Our wedding coordinator, Karen, was exceptional. She was flexible, creative, and calm. She could be a good mental health therapist. Weddings can be stressful, she is the perfect anecdote.
    Get out your checkbook. We had a wonderful experience with wonderful memories.
    Katie

Sent on 02/16/2014
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/15/2013

We visited all the major wedding spots in the area, both beach and golf Ritz, the Waldorf, and a few others, and immediately knew La Playa was the only place we wanted to get married. Everything was incredibly beautiful, more amazing than I could have imagined. The bridal suite overlooked the wedding so we were able to watch the guests come in and be seated. The lawn was absolutely beautiful with rose petals, by the beach and setting sun. The reception was across the street in a ballroom that opens to a veranda that overlooks Naples Bay. The entire thing was breathtaking. Karen was amazing to work with. The food was incredible. The service was outstanding. Our guests still rave about how beautiful our wedding was. I wouldn't change anything!

Sent on 11/27/2013

Susan · Married on 11/15/2013

We interviewed four properties and our daughter chose LaPlaya for the venue of her wedding. We were very happy with her choice! Our guests were impressed with the property in every respect. The high level of service and friendliness of the staff were outstanding. The rooms, food, and intimate luxurious vibe of the property set LaPlaya apart from the Ritz and the Waldorf. We worked with Karen Marchand at LaPlaya and found Karen to be very professional and easy to work with. She worked hard to assist us in planning and made a number of valuable suggestions when we needed her input based on her extensive experience. We would highly recommend LaPlaya.

Sent on 11/30/2013

Diane · Married on 10/05/2013

What a beautiful place to get married. From the planning of the date to the tasting to the actual day, everything was flawless with Melanie. She was a pleasure to work with and made the day stress and hassle free. Everything was just done without blinking an eye. The guests raved about the food at the reception and the accommodations were discounted for out of town guests. They had every need covered no matter what it was. No matter what the price was, I would pick La Playa over and over again for a wonderful experience for having a wedding even above and beyond the Ritz. Soooo glad that we didn't choose that venue. Kudos to Melanie at La Playa for a wonderful wedding day. Couldnt have done it without her.

Sent on 11/04/2013
  • Effie

Effie · Married on 06/30/2013

I just recently had my wedding at La Playa Beach and Golf Resort. Since it was a destination wedding we booked La Playa before we even got a chance to visit. La Playa did not disappoint. Everything was amazing. Julie Germer was our coordinator from La Playa and I can't say enough wonderful things about her. She was amazing to work with throughout the process. Julie made planning a destination wedding so much easier then I could have imagined. She is organized, professional, and always made me feel at ease. I had no doubt that the wedding would run smoothly and it did!

Thank you to all of the wonderful staff at La Playa that made our wedding so memorable. The service is top notch and worth every penny we spent. The food is amazing and our guests raved about their meal. Our friends and family who traveled from all over had a great time at the wedding and a wonderful stay at the resort.

Thanks again La Playa for giving us a day we truly will never forget. We had the wedding of our dreams and La Playa exceeded my very high expectations. We can't wait to go back for our anniversary!

Effie and Greg

Sent on 07/10/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/21/2013

So happy I found this beautiful venue. We had our ceremony on the south lawn near the beach and reception in the Bay view ballroom. Everything was amazing and much more then I had already expected. Julie Germer was our coordinator, she was wonderful to work with and worked very well with our wedding planner and vendors. I would absolutely recommend going to La Playa for your wedding you will not go wrong:)

Sent on 09/12/2013

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort's reply:

Hi Nicole! Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and your special day was everything you had hoped for.
    We look forward to having you back for many years to come.
    Congratulations!
    LaPlaya Team

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2013

My husband and I chose a destination wedding to get away, have a stress and hands free wedding and reception, and to create a strong lasting memory. LaPlaya provided this to us and beyond! Our wedding and reception was magical and pure perfection. The staff, location, cleanliness, food, etc could not have been more professional and enjoyable. They have such high standards for perfection and detail. There are only a few life events that truly make a memorable mark. LaPlaya will make your wedding event one that you and your family and friends will never forget. My husband and I honestly cannot put into words how happy and thankful we are with LaPlaya. We will be going back for our one year!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Hi Jessica,
    Thank you for your review! We are excited to hear your experience at LaPlaya was everything you had hoped for.
    Looking forward to seeing you back on your one year anniversary!
    Regards,
    LaPlaya

rachel · Married on 05/03/2013

I recently was married at La playa beach abs and gulf resort...I literally had my dream wedding!! The catering manager Julie was SO amazing!!!! She made me feel like my wedding was always first priority!! She was so unbelievably easy to work with and I had no stress when planning my destination wedding!! The staff at la playa is as good as it gets!! They are so friendly and Extremely accommodating. There was not one thing I would change at my wedding and it was so good I would have paid double!!!

Sent on 05/05/2013

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort's reply:

Great to hear you had an amazing wedding at LaPlaya! Thank you for your business and we look forward to having you back on your one year anniversary.
    Warm regards,
    LaPlaya

Paul · Married on 04/20/2013

We booked La Playa 6 months out and worked with Julie in the months leading up to our wedding. She was tremendously helpful, and her attention to detail was greatly appreciated. As the date approached we learned that Juile wouldn't be available during our ceremony, however she introduced us to Robert a few weeks in advance of our wedding, and he too was very professional. Both Julie and Robert put us at ease each time we talked because they were very organized, consistently prepared, and genuinely interested in making our event wonderful. They were flexible every step of the way, and they allowed us make changes all the way up to the day of the wedding. In addition, we found the various other staff at La Playa very courteous and helpful throughout the day. They also coordinated efforts with our vendors, which made life easier.

The ceremony took place on the beach, and La Playa had everything set up two hours ahead of time. They also greeted our guests, helped with all issues that arose, and guided the wedding party accordingly to ensure everything went smoothly. That was followed by our lunch reception on the lawn, and that too went off without a hitch. The food was spectacular, and the service was top notch. Finally our package included a night at the resort and the room provided was absolutely breathtaking.

Leading up to the wedding we had heard great reviews firsthand from a few other people who had weddings at La Playa, and we have to say that the resort didn't disappoint. Compared to other local, quality resorts the overall price was competitive, particularly given the intimate, beachside venue. It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't overly expensive either and the resort was negotiable. Overall it was well worth the money.

All in all the people at La Playa treated us like family, and we couldn't have asked for more. It was literally a dream come true, and we would highly recommend it.

Linda and Paul

Sent on 04/29/2013

Hi Linda and Paul!
    Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your wedding was amazing. We place a great value on exceeding the expectations of our wedding clients and guests.
    Looking forward to seeing you back at LaPlaya.
    Warm regards,
    LaPlaya Team

Carolyn · Married on 11/16/2012

We really wanted to let you all know how truly wonderful our entire experience was and how absolutely impressed and amazed we were by all of their wonderful staff! Words cannot express how perfect, kind and awesome everyone was! They made the entire stay and wedding better than perfect for us, and our family and friends! We could not have asked for a better wedding experience! LaPlaya was absolutely outstanding! All of our friends and family agreed that it was the best wedding they've ever been to!

From start to finish, everything about LaPlaya was top notch! Starting with Julie Germer (my coordinator from LapPlaya! She always made me feel like I was her only bride and always her top priority! She is the most amazing women to work with!! She was always so helpful and so sweet! I could not have ever done this wedding without her! Her attention to every last detail and her ability it make it happen was just incredible! I cannot say enough wonderful things about how great she and her fabulous staff made our wedding!

The entire staff from the bell boys and valet, to the tiki bar and beach staff were incredible! There was nothing that any of them wouldn't have done to make our time there as perfect as possible! Just amazing people! Everyone one of them! I wish I had more room to write this letter cause I could go on and on about each person and all the extra things they did to make the entire experience more than we ever hoped for!

When we left the resort and said goodbye to the staff we truly felt like we were saying goodbye to friends. Words can never really explain the magical time we all got to share at the resort! The entire trip was just amazing and everyone had such a great time! All of our family and friends want to come back every year to celebrate our anniversary with us at LaPlaya. We can never thank them all enough for the wonderful experience! LaPlaya gave us a wedding we, and our family and friends will never forget!!

Sent on 12/04/2012

Bridget · Married on 11/11/2012

Planning a wedding is a big job. Planning a destination wedding and doing everything sight unseen adds another layer of complexity and anxiety. Planning my wedding from MD was made so much easier with the help of Melanie at La Playa. She was friendly, prompt, funny, and incredible with recommendations. I trusted her implicitly and relied on her so much throughout our wedding planning. The resort was gorgeous and we were so amazed by how easily everything went. The food turned out so delicious and our guests still rave about the food and comment how lucky we were that it was so good, not having done a taste test before. All of the staff at La Playa was friendly and welcoming from the valet staff to the spa staff. We got married on the North Beach and had our reception (72 people) at the North Pool. it was incredible--again, our guests are still raving about it. I would highly recommend getting married at La Playa!!

Sent on 12/04/2012

Kristen · Married on 10/12/2012

I am writing to offer my recommendation for the exceptional services that Melanie Delaney provided as our Wedding Coordinator/Social Catering Manager before and during our wedding day at La Playa Resort in Naples, Florida.

Melanie was an absolute joy to work with; we loved her engaging spirit and high level of energy. After our first meeting, I was completely at ease. I knew that no matter what, Melanie would go above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. Throughout the preparation for the wedding, Melanie was always available to us. We exchanged e-mails regularly, and she was always so professional, caring, informative, and accommodating. There was absolutely nothing left for us to worry about. Melanie made our dream day perfect and we could not have asked for better service than what she provided. She was not only proficient, but amazingly personable. One of the greatest pleasures was getting to know her.

We had such a wonderful time and wish we could do it all over again! Thank you again Melanie, we couldn't have done it without you – you really did make our wedding dreams come true!

We cannot even begin to show the appreciation that we have for Melanie’s services, and we would be more than willing to speak to anyone on Melanie’s behalf as a recommendation for one of the most cherished days of both of our lives.

Warmest regards,
    James and Kristen

Sent on 02/06/2013

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort's reply:

Thank you for your review, Kristen!
    We are so pleased to hear you had an amazing wedding at LaPlaya and you enjoyed working with Melanie. We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful team that trully care about our clients
    We look forward to seeing you on your one year anniversary.
    Warm Regards,
    Karen Marchand

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2012

La Playa is gorgeous and the perfect setting for a wedding. When I was searching for venues I had a whole day of places lined up with La Playa being the first and after going there I had my mind made up! La Playa was it, no need to look anywhere else! La Playa has is small hotel feel while still having the 5 star vibe. I had my wedding on the lawn which is a great alternative because its right next to the beach so you have the views and the setting without sinking in the sand. We were suppose to have my cocktail hour on the beach to watch sunset but due to rain it was moved to the balcony of the ballroom which is covered from the rain but still has amazing views of a marina. The food at my wedding was BY FAR the BEST food I have had at a wedding EVER! People are still talking about how amazing all the food was. I served Filet and Grouper(the grouper I changed to a mango chutney because I did not like the butter sauce they served with it at the tasting and it was AMAZING! ) It was great that the chef was willing to work with me and change things to my liking. My wedding planner at La Playa (Karen) was also top notch and everything ran smoothly which is quite an accomplishment being that we had to move my wedding up 1.5 hours due to expected rain and change the location of the ceremony and cocktail hour. My only warning is that they hold A LOT of weddings. I lucked out that my wedding was the only wedding there that night but it is possible that you could have another wedding right next door to yours. My recommendation is to not book in their busy season. Overall, I was completely overwhelmed and impressed by the service, the ambiance, the food, and everything La Playa has to offer and I am looking forward to returning on vacation.

Sent on 04/02/2013

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort's reply:

Thank you for your review, Jennifer! We are so happy you had a wonderful wedding at LaPlaya. We look forward to having you back soon.
    Regards,
    Karen

Katie · Married on 09/29/2012

LaPlaya is the most amazing resort to have your wedding. I truly don't have one complaint. It is magical. The resort is pristine, the rooms are gorgeous, the view is breathtaking, and the service is impeccable. They got us great room rates so we were able to have 120 guests attend the wedding and most came down for the weekend and had the best time. I am still getting emails from guess saying they had the best time!
    Not only is the resort amazing, but I was lucky enough to have Melanie Delaney as my Social Catering Manager and I can't say enough about her. We spoke on the phone weekly, sometimes daily, throughout the whole year leading up to my wedding. She is the most amazing planner. She was so helpful, especially since it was a destination wedding. She took care of everything! I only had to fly down once to pick out photographer, florist, hair and makeup, and DJ. Melanie took care of everything else. She even referred the other vendors to me and all of them were amazing. I can't say enough about her. She went above and beyond to make sure I had the perfect wedding. If I were to do it over there isn't one thing I change. Thank you LaPlaya and Melanie for giving me the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Mrs. & Mr. · Married on 09/16/2012

We had a destination wedding of 90 guests at LaPlaya and it was WONDERFUL! We thought our wedding was just perfect. LaPlaya was great at accommodating all of my guests who flew to Naples from all over the world. The staff was extremely friendly. The ballroom was beautiful, the rooms with the beach view was just what we wanted. The best part was Melanie, the social catering manager that was in charge of our wedding. She is LOVELY and super helpful. She made it so easy and she always said YES to everything. She went above and beyond and exceeded all of our expectations!

Sent on 10/04/2012

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort's reply:

Congratulations! We are so happy you had a wonderful wedding and that your friends and family enjoyed their stay at LaPlaya. We wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you again.

Tim · Married on 07/23/2012

La Playa Resort was Phenominal in all aspects for our wedding. From the food, service, set up, rooms, and pools were just Outstanding. Our families loved it, and raved about it. Julie (sales mgr) from La Playa is Professional, and will do whatever it takes to make every wish come true. We plan on going back for our 1 year anniversary...
    Tim - Groom

Sent on 08/02/2012

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort's reply:

Thank you, Tim, for your review! We are so happy you and Renee enjoyed your special day. We hope to see you on your one year anniversary. Once again, congratulations!

Shree · Married on 03/10/2012

An exquisite beachfront venue with old world Florida elegance, LaPlaya is a truly superlative resort.

It's also a wonderful location for a destination wedding, because your out-of-town guests can do as ours did: arrive a few days early and enjoy a mini vacation, complete with poolside cabanas, relaxing on the beach, enjoying drinks at the tiki bar, having a spa retreat, or golfing. I held my bridesmaids' luncheon at Baleen (how often do you find a wedding venue with a five-star restaurant?!), which just added to the feeling of a decadent wedding weekend.

Our ceremony and cocktail hour were scheduled to be held on the North Beach, followed by a reception in the Vanderbilt Ballroom. Despite the rain that was in the forecast, LaPlaya obligingly set up our ceremony on the sand. When the rain did come shortly after the end of the ceremony, the resort didn't miss a beat in swiftly and efficiently moving the cocktail hour to the covered terrace outside the ballroom. Here are a few examples of how far LaPlaya's staff went out of their way for us: they tailored their cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres to my Indian heritage and my husband's Cuban heritage; when my earring fell out just before our grand entrance to the reception, Karen, the Director of Catering, sent someone to find me a new earring back; the banquet captain at the reception tended to our every need, including cold towels after we'd been dancing; and when we returned to our bridal suite at the end of the night, LaPlaya had scattered our bed with rose petals and sent up a bottle of champagne along with a card wishing us well in our new life.

Bottom line? If you are looking for an upscale beach resort wedding, get married at LaPlaya.

Sent on 03/21/2012
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/10/2011

We are so happy that we chose LaPlaya to be our venue for our Reception site! Everyone at LaPlaya were so easy to work with! With mostly worked with Karen, the Dir. Of Catering....she took us from point A to Z throughout whole entire planning process. She is extremely professional and so very nice!

On our first day there, we already knew what we wanted our wedding menu to be!
    Karen set up a meeting with the Chef and he prepared our special menu perfectly! The food was made exactly how we wanted it! We couldn't of been happier!

Our guest stayed at LaPlaya and absolutely loved it! Even guest that lived in town booked a room and said it was just a great place to have a weekend vacation!

The cocktail hour was held on the Gulf Lawn until the sun set, and then guest were escorted over to the Bay side into the Vanderbilt Ballroom. The ballroom is GORGEOUS and all of our guest loved it!!

For an amazing venue, staff, and DELICIOUS food, look no further: LaPlaya is it!

Sent on 09/14/2011
  • Abboud

Claire · Married on 06/10/2011

We got married at the La Playa Beach & Golf Resort. We are from New York and visited the Resort before the wedding and it was everything we expected. The pictures on-line were no disappointment to what the resort looked like in person. Betsy worked with us until after the ceremony and she was so wonderful. She was professional, friendly and always had our best interest in mind from start to finish. The food at Balleen was mouth water, the beach beautiful, and the staff extremely friendly. The ballroom where we had our reception was classy and our guests raved about the dinner. The food was the best many had ever had at a wedding. We would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone thinking of getting married in Florida. There were absolutely no disappointments! Our family and friends are already set to head back to Naples to re-new our vows. Thank you to everyone at the La Playa for giving us the wedding of your dreams. You were are wonderful!

Sent on 09/15/2011

Brandi · Married on 05/27/2011

My husband and I were married at La Play this past May. We were thrilled with the outcome of our event. The grounds were immaculate and the service was first class. It truly could not have been smoother or enhanced in any way. Our day was just as perfect as we'd dreamed it'd be!

Sent on 09/23/2011

ELLEN · Married on 11/27/2010

We had never been to La Playa before arriving in Naples for our destination wedding at the resort. La Playa surpassed our every expectations. Betsy and Karen were wonderful to work with in planning our day -- down to the details. Also, Joanna was fabulous in making our welcome party at the resort's poolside grill a night to remember. The staff at LaPlaya helped make our wedding absolutely perfect. Thank you for the wonderful memories!

Sent on 12/26/2010

Tracy · Married on 04/09/2010

To all brides that want a high in style, classy, beautiful settings, scenic areas for photos, amazing service from every person you speak with, and amazing food all in one wedding package(and of course a view of the Gulf of Mexico). Then La Playa hotel and beach resort is the place for you! I can not explain in enough words how perfect everything was working with them. I did not have a wedding planner and I did everything myself, but with the help of my amazing cooridinators at LaPlaya and staff I didn't need one anyway. They will work with your budget and it doesn't hurt to ask any and all questions, bc they have and will find the answers for you. We also stayed there the night after in the amazing bridal suite, on the 13th floor and all I could see from the doorway is the big blue ocean! We had our reception in the ballrooms across the street that has a grand terrace looking at the bay water. Everyone said it was the best food and how beautiful it was too. I give this place 5 Diamonds! Thank you La Playa! And of course Betsy!! For all of your help and efforts 24/7.

Sent on 04/28/2010