Lansdowne Resort and Spa Reviews

Lansdowne Resort and Spa 5
Lansdowne Resort and Spa 6
Lansdowne Resort and Spa 7

Nicole · Married on 03/29/2014

Lansdowne was a great venue for the wedding ceremony and reception. After going through two event coordinators from Lansdowne, my final coordinator was Christina Gibson and she was wonderful--very patient to answer questions, calm, and efficient when managing the events leading up to and on the big day itself.

Sent on 04/07/2014

My experience at Lansdowne was FANTASTIC! Lindsay and the whole staff are so wonderful and accommodating. They had so many helpful tips along the way and really made the whole planning process great.

I enjoyed partnering with them, seeing the finished result the evening of the wedding reception was priceless. Lindsay helped coordinate with the vendors (their recommended vendors list is superb!) and the result was a flawless event - we are still getting comments from family & friends about how great the event was! Thank you Lindsay and the entire team at Lansdowne!!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Allie · Married on 10/26/2013

Amazing!

I couldn't have asked for a better venue for my special day. Lindsay was fast to reply to all my silly questions (and there were a lot of those) and very thorough in helping me ensure my day was the best it could be. The food, decor, staff, EVERYTHING was better than I could have ever imagined.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Lansdowne was amazing and especially our wedding coordinator, Lindsay Forseth! My wedding day went so smoothly (despite the rain) and even when we had to move the ceremony from outside to inside, Lindsay made sure everything was taken care of. Lindsay was there the whole entire time and she made sure everything was placed where I wanted it, I did not have to worry the entire night. I was pleased with with my "plan B" ceremony location and that is where we ended up! The reception was amazing, the servers all were excellent (at the rehearsal dinner too); also the bartenders were great. We also did a brunch the next morning and it was great! The whole weekend was amazing and I would highly recommend Lansdowne to any future bride! It is a great place to have a wedding where everything can happen all at one place and everyone can stay at the venue. It was the best weekend of my life! There are also lots of places close by for food options, nails, hair, and anything else you might want to do!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Jan · Married on 10/05/2013

Both our ceremony and reception took place here, at the on-the-potomac terrace and pavilion, respectively. The whole event went very smoothly, and Renee was fantastic! I loved how on the morning of the event she called me to let me know she was there for me the whole day and if I needed anything, she would make it happen. The food was delicious, and the ceremony and reception set ups were beautiful.

Sent on 10/09/2013
  • ksalango

Kristy · Married on 09/07/2013

Our wedding cake was provided by the team at Lansdowne Resort and it was absolutely beautiful and delicious!!!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Eugine · Married on 08/24/2013

We just got married this past weekend at Lansdowne Resort and the service, facilities, and staff were amazing. Renee, our catering manager, was amazing throughout the entire process. My fiance' and I knew after our very first meeting with Renee, that we were in good hands. Renee was very accommodating to our needs and requests and followed through on everything we asked for promptly. Everyone that came to the wedding commented on how great the food tasted and how beautiful the Lansdowne was. We got married at the waterfall terrace area and had our reception in the golf club house.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Loren · Married on 08/10/2013

The first time Dan and I visited Lansdowne Resort, we knew it would be perfect for our wedding venue right from the beginning! How could you not fall in love with it? The landscape views provide a beautiful setting for a wedding and the Hearth restaurant we saw had floor to ceiling windows that brings lots of sun inside the space. As a designer, this is definitely a plus! Despite loving the place, we weren't sure we could afford it due to our set budget. We realized this was not going to be a problem because Lindsay Forseth, the venue catering manager, helped us work through our menu and stay within budget. She was not only absolutely helpful but also very nice and welcoming. We truly loved working with her because of her professionalism and easy going personality. Also, she worked well with our Wedding Day Coordinator, Jennifer Smith from Elegantly Chic's Events. Additionally, she went beyond her duties at times to ensure our day went smoothly and stress free for us! Everything turned out beyond our expectations.

Lansdowne Resort was absolutely a great choice we made and we definitely recommend it for future brides and grooms!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Krissy · Married on 06/22/2013

We just had our wedding at Lansdowne Resort and we could not be happier with our day. From the very beginning of the process, Renee Russell was so wonderful and easy to work with. The venue is so beautiful and the staff was friendly, efficient, and accommodating. I would not change a thing and would highly recommend Lansdowne Resort for the wedding of your dreams!

Sent on 07/04/2013

Alli · Married on 06/08/2013

Lansdowne was amazing in everyway possible! Elegant and Classy! Everyone was so sincere and work so hard to make our day perfect. They really tried to make it easy for us. I would recommend them to everyone! We held our rehearsal dinner, reception, and breakfast there and all of our guests loved it! We are still getting rave reviews!

Sent on 06/25/2013
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 05/19/2013

Lansdowne Resort is THE best place to have your wedding in Northern Virginia. The location is absolutely stunning, the staff is incredible and friendly and the catering is fabulous.

Renee Russell worked with us from the very beginning to the day of to make our day unforgettable. Through emails, phone calls and in person meetings, she helped us organize our day and took care of our vendors. She was always around to answer all my questions and to give suggestions. We didn't hire a planner, Renee took care of all the day of planning splendidly. She made everything go off without a hitch, even when the weather changed our plans. Thanks Renee!

Lansdowne practically takes care of your every need and will work with you from the very beginning with their vendor lists and recommendations. They were our venue for ceremony and reception, took care of our catering; even our dessert, and Renee was our organizer throughout and for the day of; keeping everything on track and taking care of all our rental needs.

The day of, their staff was fantastic, Renee and Millie took care of us and were so delightful. You can tell they do this all the time and know exactly what they're doing. I don't think anything could surprise them or throw them off! The white glove service is a nice touch, too. Lansdowne includes several perks to their wedding package like a food tasting before the wedding (that was a treat), a round of free golf and a spa gift certificate to mention a few.

We couldn't be happier with the whole team at Lansdowne and the year leading up to the wedding. Thank you all for making our day so special!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Stacey · Married on 05/18/2013

We recently had our ceremony and reception at Lansdowne Resort and were extremely pleased with everything. Everything was excellent especially the service and the food, both of which we received many compliments on. Our wedding coordinator was Renee Russell and she was fabulous. Throughout the planning process we felt very comfortable knowing that Renee would handle everything and that everything would be exactly how we wanted it.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Amy · Married on 05/11/2013

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here this past weekend, May 11th 2013! We could not be happier with the level of professionalism by everyone who was involved with our event! Lindsay Forseth was absolutely amazing! She was very attentive and guided us through the entire process, she was great at helping with everything to the last detail! We had nothing but compliments from all our guests about the food, location and the service everyone received! This is hands down the best place to have a wedding! We couldn't be happier with our wedding and wish the day wouldn't have ended! Everyone went above and beyond what was asked of them an we truly felt like royalty during our event! Thank you to lansdowne resort and everyone who helped make our most important day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Ben & Oyuna · Married on 05/11/2013

Lansdowne Resort was a great choice for our wedding ceremony and reception. The catering manager, Lindsay, was excellent! She supported us through all phases of the wedding planning. She was very accessible and flexible with her time and provided many options that made our day perfect. The outdoor ceremony venue was beautiful & elegant while the Club House for the reception spacious and classy! The food was excellent and served very timely as well as all the catering staff were very friendly and catered to all our needs! We would definitely use them again!

Sent on 07/20/2013

Renee Russell did a fabulous job helping me coordinate my wedding at Lansdowne Resort. She was professional, friendly, and reliable. My wedding turned out more beautiful than I even imagined. Everything went perfectly!

Sent on 05/06/2013
  • User3219983 · 2+ years ago

Everything about Lansdowne was perfect. the venue was gorgeous, the service fantastic and the food amazing. I have been to quite a few weddings where the food was beautifully displayed but only tasted mediocre. Lansdowne's food was fantastic. Everything was taken care of and went smoothly. Steve even got the sun to come out and the temperature for an outdoor wedding to be perfect.

Sent on 04/25/2013

Erika · Married on 12/31/2012

I worked with Lindsay from day one to plan our wedding reception at Lansdowne Resort. Lindsay was so helpful, she answered every email within one day and was readily available to meet with me and to answer my questions. She worked through every detail with me up until the event and I cannot express how amazing it was to have a team and staff that organized such a beautiful event. Hosting our reception at Lansdowne was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend it to any other bride looking for a flawless experience!!!

Sent on 01/11/2013

Bill · Married on 12/02/2012

Renée did an awesome job every step of the way to make our special day as good as it could be! Planning, suggestions, accomodating special requests, and working hard on the ground during the event to ensure everything went smoothly. I couldn't be more pleased with her work. The location was beautiful, the food was great. What more can I say?!
    BR

Sent on 12/11/2012

Lindsay · Married on 10/27/2012

Our wedding was recently at Lansdowne on 10/27/12 could not have been more perfect. We wish we could do it all again. Lindsay Forseth was our coordinator/Senior Sales Manager and was a huge help. She was always very calm, yet responsive and accomodating no matter what the situation was. She was knowledgable and professional throughout the entire process. We were very pleased with Lansdowne's package and the ability to switch out options in order to cater to our needs and budget as well. The food was a hit and we could not have been more in love with our wedding cake. It was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I had pictured. We had many guests say it was one of the most well put together (and beautiful) weddings they had been too and that the venue was outstanding. I highly recommend Lansdowne, Lindsay Forseth and everything it has to offer for the perfect wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Erin · Married on 10/25/2012

We stayed at Landsdowne Resort on our Wedding Night. The service was amazing. The Concierge comped our Valet parking and the suite was exquisite. We were able to sit out near the fire pit and drink wine under the moon light. What an incredible venue that definitely inspired some memories.

Sent on 11/24/2012

Great venue for ceremony and reception. Steve was awesome to work with and everything turned out perfect.

Sent on 01/30/2013

Lindsay Forseth at Lansdowne was on top of everything and extremely helpful.
    The chef at Lansdowne........ awesome!!! Food prepared and served had everyone pleased.

Sent on 10/20/2012

I got married at Lansdowne on September 2, 2012. Working with Renee Russell was wonderful- she always responded promptly, professionally, and with helpful answers to my family's million questions throughout the planning process! The weather for our wedding weekend was iffy, so at the rehearsal we didn't know if we would be outside or inside. Renee had a stomach bug, and still made sure to come to the rehearsal and explain all the details so that, rain or shine, we would be ready to go!

We got married in the Waterfall Terrace, and it was BEAUTIFUL! Our reception at the Clubhouse Ballroom was lovely; the food was amazing and all the waitstaff was pleasant and helpful.

The only issue we ran into was with reservations and check-in. When guests made their reservations, they were told they could not check in until 4- our ceremony started at 4! Fortunately, Lansdowne was flexible & the guests were able to check in early. Also, several guests were not counted in our block of rooms, and we had to follow up with Lansdowne to correct that.

Overall, our wedding was perfect :) Thank you to Renee for helping with the endless details!!!

Sent on 09/15/2012

Our daughter's wedding at Lansdowne could not have been more perfect. Lindsay Forseth was an exceptionally knowledgable and professional wedding planner. She was always calm and collected. She was extremely responsive to our every need and the final results were fabulous. Lansdowne's preferred vendors are top notch and we were very satisfied with their service. We had many overnight guests who could not stop talking about the resort and its outstanding service. One of the biggest hits was the signature drink created by the resort at our daughter's request. It was both fun and delicious. I had hoped for the "WOW" factor when our guests arrived and we got even more than I could have hoped for. Accolades to the resort and all its staff.

Sent on 08/16/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2012

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at Lasdowne Resort. We had our reception in the clubhouse and the ceremony on the terrace. Lansdowne was the absolute perfect place for us. We loved having our friends and family stay at the resort. From the beginning Lansdowne was very helpful and responsive to all our questions and concerns. Every person we encountered at Lansdowne was beyond helpful and kind. Lindsay Forseth was wonderful to work with and is such a professional. She is knowledge and very helpful. Lansdowne worked with our special requests and executed our wedding day absolutely PERFECTLY!! All our guests has wonderful things to say about the resort as well as the people they interacted with at the resort. Lansdowne was by far the perfect place for our dream wedding!

Sent on 07/26/2012