Lansdowne Resort and Spa Reviews

Lansdowne Resort and Spa 5
Lansdowne Resort and Spa 6
Lansdowne Resort and Spa 7

Meghan · Married on 10/10/2015

This facility is AMAZING. I cannot say enough great things about this venue. Also, Leslie was amazing to work with. She made the wedding planning process easy and stress free. The entire weekend was easy and stress free. We did our rehearsal dinner there along with our reception. The food was amazing and the service was even better. I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else. I loved every second of wedding planning and the wedding itself with this venue. I would HIGHLY recommend it.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Beth · Married on 09/25/2015

I selected Lansdowne Resort because I am local to the area and have visited the resort many times. What put the cherry on top to this perfect venue, was having Christina Gibson as my wedding coordinator over the course of my 15 month engagement. She was reliable, hardworking, dedicated to making my wedding day perfect, professional and so much fun to work with. I've gained a lifelong friend in the process for sure. As far as the presentation goes; My guests were WOW'ed when they entered the Clubhouse Ballroom. Lansdowne provided the uplighting for our reception (my favorite room at the resort) and our beautiful cake which was designed to look exactly like the picture I sent. We served filet and crab cake and everything was cooked to perfection and served hot and fresh. We had two signature drinks with our open bar package which Christina helped select..everyone loved them. The guests couldn't stop raving about the food and drinks and how stunning the total set up looked. It was a little chiller than we had planned for our outdoor cocktail hour, but Christina was able to arrange everything beautifully in the clubhouse foyer and everything looked as I had imagined it. I would highly recommend using Lansdowne Resort as your venue and urge you to request Christina as your coordinator. My wedding day was a dream come true.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Meghan · Married on 09/05/2015

Christina Gibson helped us plan our September wedding reception at Lansdowne. I’m not exaggerating when I say we could not have pulled it off without her. She was easily available every step of the way to answer questions big and small, presenting us with options and ideas that we would not have thought of otherwise. She is creative, calm, friendly, professional and patient (SO patient!). She made sure that the rest of the resort staff assisting with the reception were on the same page – the day went so smoothly and was totally worry-free. We really can’t thank her enough for all of the hard work!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Lansdowne was simply fantastic! We worked with Christina Gibbons who was incredibly professional and very friendly to work with. We have a very 'hands-on' family who wanted to be involved in every detail and Christina worked with my wife and I and our very excited family members! She handled all the details and last minute requests and really helped make the wedding a tremendous success and incredible party!

Lansdowne is an incredible venue, they took care of setting up a golf tournament for my friends and I the day before, gave us a giant, beautiful suite the night of the wedding for free (and we get a free night in the same suite on our anniversary). Every single person we worked with, from the baggage, to golf, to the pool, to the managers were so polite, friendly, and willing to help. This place gets 6 stars if possible. It was a beautiful event and the staff and venue were just perfect!

Sent on 09/03/2015

I had the pleasure of working with Leslie Eyster at Lansdowne for our wedding reception in the Clubhouse. She was always on top of things and made sure she touched base with me before I had to reach out to her. She was patient and answered all our questions and worked with us every step of the way. On the day of, everything was executed flawlessly and looked even more beautiful than we could have ever imagined! All of our guests also commented on how beautiful the reception was and not to mention how much everyone enjoyed the dinner that was served. We cannot thank Leslie and her team enough for making our wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Regina · Married on 05/09/2015

The staff at Lansdowne Resort is incredible! Christina Gibson was our wedding coordinator and made everything so easy and stress free, she gave great recommendations on everything; vendors, food, music, linens. It was so helpful having her opinion and when we made a final decision she made it happen with NO hassle. Millie is amazing at what she does and made everything go so smoothly during the whole ceremony and celebration. Hugo was a fantastic bartender and also waited on us during our tasting, such a sweetheart! Laura made the most beautiful, jaw-dropping, delicious cake I have ever seen, I was honestly speechless when I saw it and tasted it! We honestly feel like these people are a part of our family now, they made us feel so special. This venue is a MUST, it's beautiful inside and out and we will be reminiscing forever about it, it was absolutely our dream come true wedding.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Chris · Married on 01/17/2015

The Lansdowne Staff did amazing things in preparing and hosting our wedding ceremony and reception. Christina Gibson, Catering Manager, was a dream to work with from day one. She always had suggestions available and always had a back-up plan for when things were not quite how we wanted it to be. She was very responsive in emails and was available to meet in person anytime we requested. She went above and beyond to make our event a very special one. Amanda Vassar, Director of Spa, was also fantastic in organizing the saloon and spa pre-ceremony events. Since we were having the ceremony and reception at Lansdowne, we also wanted to have the Bridal Party get prepared there. Amanda was able to accommodate all our needs in a very short time frame and worked with our group to make sure they could all get up-dos, make-up, nail services, and massages coordinated for the big day. Thanks to all the staff at Lansdowne for your superb effort!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Phoebe · Married on 11/01/2014

Great value, awesome service! Christina and Hugo were amazing! This is the place to have your wedding.

Sent on 11/08/2014

Ben · Married on 10/25/2014

We cannot say enough great things. Our coordinator Leslie Eyster was FANTASTIC and the whole process was awesome. They were always available to answer our questions, and we had plenty. The food was delicious!! The staff was VERY friendly! We give them a 6 out of 5 and can't say enough nice things. Again, Leslie was a HUGE help and asset to our whole event!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Andrea · Married on 10/25/2014

I got married at Lansdowne Resort in October and couldn't have picked a better venue. Everything from the food to the ceremony space was amazing. I really enjoyed working with Whitney - She was very responsive and ensured that every detail was perfectly executed!

Sent on 11/16/2014
  • User3200644 · 2+ years ago

This was our wedding reception venue for our October 12, 2014 wedding. Our wedding was held on a Sunday as there was a pretty hefty price difference between Saturday/Sunday weddings, however the price for Lansdowne is totally worth it. After planning the reception, I was concerned about the smaller details: How would the gifts get picked up after the reception? Do I need to bring buckets of water for the sparklers? What about all of my decorations? Everything was taken care of by the Lansdowne staff. My mom was thrilled that she really didn't lift a finger after the reception. In fact, after the sparkler exit, everything was nearly packed up. It was like magic. Now the food: OMG. We selected the BBQ bar and I don't think I have ever tasted better pulled pork. Our biggest concern was not having enough food. We worked with our coordinator Christina and were ensured there would be plenty and there was. I was the bride and I was stuffed with amazing food! The view off of the clubhouse balcony is to die for and they even set up heaters for when it became chilly out (also free of charge). The whole experience was wonderful!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Roberto · Married on 09/27/2014

Christina Gibson, Catering Manager, was absolutely great. She worked on every single detail to assure the success of our wedding. From day one, Christina showed a great level of professionalism and experience. She was very patient with us and provided us with solutions to our needs without hesitation. In addition, Nicole Anderson, worked with us on our overnight accommodations without flaws. She was very very responsive to our needs. Christina and Nicole are two great assets for Lansdowne Resort.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Anna · Married on 09/21/2014

Christina Gibson was very helpful and flexible. She made sure my husband and I met our expectations. I asked her last minute changes and se didn't let me down, which is very important to a bride.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/20/2014

So I will start with this- we planned our wedding in 4.5 months. We got engaged in late April and decided to try and make a fall wedding happen. We went to tour Lansdowne and immediately know that this was our venue- their outdoor ceremony space overlooking the mountains was exactly what we wanted! Fortunately, Lansdowne had an opening September 20, so we took it! I know there is no way we could have pulled this off without Lansdowne, and catering manager Christina Gibson.

Christina is AMAZING! She was 100% on top of everything, answered all our questions, was very responsive through the entire process, and was a rockstar the day of the wedding. She answered all my crazy, freaked-out bride questions with a smile. Lansdowne took care of so many things for our wedding, and anything they didn't cover was taken care of by one of the amazing vendors recommended by Christina.

We owe our amazing wedding, and our sanity, to Christina!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Allie · Married on 08/16/2014

We had an absolutely amazing wedding weekend at Lansdowne Resort. From the moment we pulled up to the moment we left, everything was perfect. I would like to recognize Leslie and Nicole for their outstanding service during the planning process - they were responsive and extremely helpful! It was also wonderful to have Leslie by our side at every event throughout the weekend. The bellmen, front desk agents, event staff (MILLIE), etc all over-delivered and allowed us to relax and enjoy the weekend. Millie was exceptional all weekend and made sure my husband and I were taken care of and happy. I would highly recommend Lansdowne to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxing, destination wedding! Thank you to the entire staff for making our wedding weekend a memorable one! Our family and friends all raved about the resort as well!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Courtney · Married on 07/19/2014

Fun to work with, honest and straight forward, good communication back and forth.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Monica · Married on 07/13/2014

Landsdowne was absolutely a beautiful venue for a wedding and reception. Our ceremony was on the Potomac terrace with a gorgeous backdrop of the golf course, Potomac River and mountains. The Clubhouse ballroom was great because it was separate from the main hotel. It was a perfect size for a 110 people reception and having the terrace in the back provided guest with options to be outside also. The food was fantastic (the tasting was one of the best parts about planning our wedding here)

We loved working with Christina Gibson, catering manager, who helped us with our menu and customized our reception to fit our budget. Christina’s quick responses to emails, timeliness, professionalism and easy going personality made the planning stages and end results for our wedding day perfect. Christina worked well with our wedding coordinator and was present at our ceremony and reception.

Christina thanks for the extra special touches that you provided at the ceremony and the reception. Thanks to all staff that assisted in making our day memorable.

Sent on 10/19/2014
  • F

frances · Married on 06/29/2014

the resort and christina were the best. she worked very had to make our special day the best.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Kristie · Married on 06/28/2014

Fantastic venue and the employees made my night better than I ever expected!! They made a stressful event and planning go off without a hitch.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Danielle · Married on 06/22/2014

Lansdowne Resort and their wedding coordinator Christina Gibson were absolutely amazing! I couldn’t have imagined my wedding day any other way. It was beautiful and well run. The food was also amazing! Thank you so much for making my day so perfect 

Sent on 07/31/2014

The Lansdowne Resort is beautiful and amazing on its own, but my coordinator Leslie Eyster was really the one who made my dream a reality. I had to plan my wedding from Texas, so we communicated via e-mail and phone and she was incredibly helpful and super detail oriented which is incredibly important to me. Even though we had to hold the ceremony indoors due to rain, the entire day and night were beautiful and flawless. I would have gone crazy with stress if it wasn't for Leslie's guidance and support and she took care of every last detial so that I was able to relax and finally enjoy all of the time and planning that went into my wedding. Everybody had an amazing time, and the dance floor was packed the entire night. The guests raved about the food, service, resort and especially how lovely and fun the event was. She even packed up the zillion items I brought for the ceremony and reception and had it all in my room organized and ready to go. She even helped coordinate my dress change for the reception and my ceremony line-up which was a great help to me. I could easily list a hundred different things she was able to help me with and I would highly recommend requesting her to be your event coordinator. She was amazing for my wedding (which was mostly planned though email and over the phone) so I'm sure she would be equally flawless for those living nearby. I am still on cloud nine after having the best day of my life at the Lansdowne Resort. I can't wait to come back for our anniversary stay, and I only wish we could have stayed in town longer. Our wedding was awesome and I wouldn't have changed a thing! :)

Sent on 05/16/2014

Chris and Kellie · Married on 05/10/2014

We selected Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg as the primary hotel for our wedding guests. Our ceremony and reception venues were nearby, and Lansdowne provided and good central location for our guests. We worked with Miranda to plan our wedding room block, and she was very helpful in terms of advising how many rooms we should reserve. Note that in the contract with Lansdowne, you are committing to a minimum number of rooms based on the size of your room block. Miranda was helpful in making sure we did not over-commit. Lansdowne provided weekly e-mails with updates on reservations against the room block which helped us ensure that our wedding party and out of town guests got rooms before the hotel filled up. We put together gift bags for our guests, and Lansdowne handled them very professionally (this is important given there were at least three other wedding groups at Lansdowne that weekend). The guest rooms were very nice, and we also used the Presidential Suite for bridal party preparations the morning of the wedding. The room was perfect, and despite the size of the bridal party (seven bridesmaids, two juniors, and three flower girls), everyone was comfortable. After the reception, we kept the party going at the hotel bar, which gave us a nice opportunity to continue mingling with our guests.

Sent on 08/11/2014

dan · Married on 05/09/2014

Christina Gibson went above and beyond!!!! she made the whole expirence stress free. The whole day went perfect!!!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Leah · Married on 05/09/2014

Lansdowne was an amazing venue. After a very relaxed year of planning (relaxed because Lansdowne's wonderful staff - specifically our wedding planner Christina Gibson - made it seem easy and smooth) we had the most fantastic day. From the moment of our walk through to the moment we said "I do" the staff were top notch, friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Christina was wonderful to work with and not only kept me (the bride) calm, but worked secretly with my family to plan a few fun surprises. The day of the wedding she walked us through each step of the day so we didn't have to think. Additionally she and her staff did a wonderful job executing my vision for the wedding. I provided Christina with an overwhelming pile of homemade decorations to accompany Lansdowne fantastic decor and she put them in place without pause.

Our guests ranted and raved about the comfort the hotel, the beautiful facilities and grounds, and the amazing personal ad open feel of the wedding. We couldn't have asked for a better day! A special thinks to Christina and her attentive staff. I would highly recommend having your wedding here!!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Beth Ann · Married on 04/26/2014

We worked with Christina Gibson and she was absolutely AMAZING! She helped me with every little issue I had and always with a smile. For example: our 4 yr old has multiple allergies. She allowed me to bring his meal then had them plate it and serve him so he felt like every other guest. When it came to cake time she saw him crying because he couldn't eat it and had the chef make him something he could eat. We did our rehearsal dinner there also and it too was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day, it was truly a day of "making dreams come true". My only regret was that I couldn't do it again the next day. Thanks a million Christina!!

Sent on 05/21/2014