Lanier Islands Reviews

Lanier Islands 4
Lanier Islands 5

C Harris · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Rehearsal dinner

Had to move our dinner indoors due to weather and we were very pleased with how everything worked out. Good food, great view of lake and excellent service.

Sent on 10/29/2019

LLI did a fantastic job with my wedding. I could not be happier with the outcome. I was worried in the beginning bc I was being shuffled between wedding planners because of people leaving and no one would call to let me know that my wedding planer has left the island; but they got it figured out and my wedding was perfect!!

Sent on 11/29/2014
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/28/2014

3.5

Lake Lanier Islands were great! Elizabeth was a gem to work with. She had our best interest throughout the whole planning process and really knew when to kick in the customer service. While not everything went to plan, I could tell that Elizabeth knew how to handle the pressure and calm a situation when it arose. Our catering manager was very professional. Even after our wedding crashers re-entered our event, she promptly removed them without and fuss from me or my husband. They weren't always quick to respond especially when busy season kicked up, but that was kinda to be expected. We certainly had a great time, and with all of the estimates coming way under near the big day, Lake Lanier made a lot of adjustments for us like giving us money back when we weren't suppose to or upgrading our honeymoon suite to a villa from a regular hotel room even though the number of guests staying at the resort was way under. Ultimately, everyone who was at the wedding had a great time, and none of my vendors had a hard time working with the staff at Lake Lanier.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Casey · Married on 05/02/2014

3.0

I was married at PineIsle Pointe at the resort. My wedding was a dream come true!! The venue location was absolutely breathtaking, the food was excellent, the event staff was very helpful, the accommodations were awesome etc, etc! I am so happy that I choose Lake Lanier Islands Resort, the staff truly did everything they could to make my wedding the day I dreamed of!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Ursula · Married on 09/07/2013

The Pine Isle Pointe Pavillion was the perfect venue for our wedding. It fit our personalities perfectly. We were initially apprehensive about our menu. Their quarterly tasting production left a bit to be desired. However, a private tasting was arranged and we were able to design/ personalize our reception menu. The food was fabulous and my guests raved!! It was like no other wedding they've attended in the past. Merilynn, our venue coordinator, was a God send and my wedding would not have been complete without her. If you are truly a creative person, want a wedding that mirrors your personalities and does not feel like every other wedding you've attended, this is your venue! They will accommodate your every desire and fulfill your every need.

Sent on 10/01/2013

John · Married on 05/30/2015

3.5

Something Blue at Lake Laniers provided a great service to prepare for my wedding reception on Venetian Pier. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for outdoor venue.

Sent on 06/08/2015

I would not change a single thing about my wedding. It was absolutely perfect. The services provided, including the amazing food, all met my expectations. However, I will say that I would not recommend this venue for a bride and groom who do not have a great deal of time to dedicate to wedding planning. Of course, you will put effort and time into your special day. However, I found it difficult at times to get in touch with/get responses from my Something Blue coordinator. There are so many details to attend to (as with any wedding), but they weren't necessarily presented all of the time- I often had to seek them out. With that being said, I absolutely loved my wedding day. It was a beautiful site, with wonderful staff. My husband and I will definitely be returning to the resort for vacation in the future!

Sent on 07/01/2014

I would recommend Lake Lanier Islands Resort. The place is setup for weddings and everything there is so beautiful. They are a bit pricey but hey, you only get married once, right? Food and service was great too.

Sent on 12/29/2012

Marissa · Married on 03/24/2012

The most beautiful venue in north of Atlanta.

Sent on 04/17/2012
  • Alvin

Alvin Shelton · Married on 10/28/2018

October Wedding

The Ventian point venue was everything we could have wanted. The staff was excellent. We had many comments from our guest on the venue and food.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Alexandra · Married on 04/27/2013

4.2

Lake Lanier is an absolutely breathtaking venue. The chef is absolutely amazing, the food was delicious, it came out hot and they had a great selection. The people at something blue are also nice. My experience is a bit different then most. The coordinator that I originally used left and I was not assigned a new coordinator for a couple of months. Once i was assigned another coordinator we did not really see eye to eye and I was placed with another coordinator who was really wonderful. She was very prompt in helping me and answering my questions. Overall I would say Lake Lanier is a wonderful venue, but they are understaffed for the number of events they hold. I was told I wouldn't need a coordinator, but my day would not have gone off as well or been stress-free without one. I would totally recommend this venue to anyone getting married it really was the perfect backdrop to my dream wedding!

Sent on 06/20/2013

Carly · Married on 05/05/2012

3.0

Lake Lanier Islands was a perfect place to have my wedding when most of my guests were from out of town. My guests really enjoyed the resort as there was so much to do there. We were married at the summer house and the courtyard and the ceremony and the reception went very smooth and looked beautiful. Monica was our coordinator and she was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better person to have facilitate our day! She was professional, organized, friendly and responsive. I give her and Celita 5 stars as far as their help with our wedding.

The only reason that I gave the resort 3 stars for quality of service was because the front desk person was very rude to me when I had asked if my room was ready. She did not care at all that I was getting married that afternoon, and had no problem telling me that. I was really unimpressed. Luckily Monica was able help me out and take care of it, she really was a superstar!

Sent on 06/06/2012

3.5

Lake lanier was experiencing a change of management at first and it felt chaotic. However now they've settled in and I have to say our rehearsal, wedding ceremony, and reception were truly perfect. From the friendly staff to the excellent food I couldn't be happier. Ljerka was a very kind coordinator who I'd recommend!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Kim · Married on 11/02/2013

3.0

We hosted my daughter's wedding at Lake Lanier Islands Resort and it was a wonderful experience. Merilynn was very accommodating and the service provided at LLI is top-notch. Food is delicious and we especially like the flexibility of customizing our menu. Trolley service and other transportation provided around the islands was great. Most of our guests were from out of state and stayed at Legacy Lodge....made for a very fun weekend for all.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Crystal · Married on 08/15/2015

3.8
      3.5

For the most part, I loved my wedding at Lake Lanier Islands. The setting was beautiful and the food was delicious. The only problems I had were some communication issues with my LLI coordinator. She was not great at remembering information from previous conversations and forgot to bring the table numbers I requested until we were about to start the ceremony. She also called me 30 minutes before the ceremony, practically yelling about an issue with my processional that I thought we had ironed out. I ended up not doing the grand entrance I was planning because she stressed me out so much about it.
    Overall though my guests and I had so much fun during the weekend we stayed at LLI. We loved the lakeside cabins and Venetian Pier, where we had both the ceremony and reception. The catering staff was very polite and professional, especially the banquet manager who helped make sure my event was running on time.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Kristy · Married on 05/19/2012

3.6
      3.0

Lake Lanier Islands was a great place to get married, that is without question. It is a beautiful place and as an out of town bride, they did a great job overall. There are a few things that people should be aware of when choosing Lake Lanier as their venue. First of all, there will be multiple weddings going on (this was fine for me, but it could bother some people). Because of this, make sure you tell your guests to reserve rooms early. We felt the hotel was not completely honest with us regarding how many events they had going on the weekend we got married and we ended up have people with no rooms.

Get everything in writing, they deal with so many weddings and events that they will miss some things, so make sure you have anything you were promised in writing. Lastly, if they put tip jars on the bar at your event, tell the event coordinators. This is not acceptable given you already pay a mandatory percentage into tip and after complaining, we heard that they were not supposed to put tip jars out. Unfortunately, we found this out after the fact and our guests had already lost their money.

These are common and standard issues with many venues, so again – I would recommend Lake Lanier, I just wish someone had told me the few things to watch out for.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Julie · Married on 04/20/2013

3.4
      3.0

My wedding was beautiful at Legacy Pointe which is right behind the lodge. Everyone had a great time, but there were some definite issues that you should be aware of.
    1. Transportation – Major problem when the shuttle that was supposed to pick up me and the bridal party from the Villa to take us to Legacy Point didn’t show up. I ended up having to get a ride with the florist. It put us 45 minutes behind. Also, my grandmother was in a wheelchair and needed transportation to/from the hotel down to the venue. It was late picking her up before the ceremony and then after the reception and had to wait nearly an hour in the cold to be taken back up to the hotel.
    2. F&B – I thought the staff was friendly however there were a few problems reported to me by guests. One table had a hard time getting any of the passed Hors d'oeuvres. The same table had their bread basket taken up before they’d even had any. When they asked to have more bread, they were told no.
    3. Cake – Many of the wedding party did not get cake (including the groom). The cake was thrown away when other guests also asked for more and my mother had asked for it to be boxed up is extremely upsetting. We nearly lost the top tier as well, if my maid of honor had not been able to find a cupcake box that the baker had left us with sample cupcakes.
    Like I said, it was a beautiful wedding, food was delicious, and most guests did enjoy themselves, but when you go through all of the planning and shell out a lot of money you expect to at least get an apology when these things happen and you bring it to their attention.
    *UPDATE* 5/3/13- My Lake Lanier coordinator has contacted me again and said that she went to the Operations Mgr about each issue after my email to her and each department has been made aware that these were unacceptable occurances. She did seem genuinely apologetic that they occurred at all. They are working with us on a resolution.

Sent on 05/01/2013

2.4
      1.5
      3.5

Our dream was to have a Beautiful Wedding by the lake. The ceremony was amazing, but it went down hill once the reception started. Our experience prior to the wedding was great, all of the coordinators are very helpful and friendly, but the actual reception was lacking in service and chaotic. We have addressed this with Lake Lanier and after several meetings have come to a compromise. I will always remember my wedding as a beautiful day, but I would not recommend Lake Lanier for a bride at this time.

Sent on 07/02/2012

1.0

I loved the location and items included in the Legacy Weddings at Lake Lanier. However, I did not like the service that was provided to me. My wedding planner (assigned by Lake Lanier) was rude, the day before and off things began going wrong and she was not worried about fixing it. The items I asked for were not provided leaving my new husband and I with no transportation back to our hotel room and we did not have a seat at our own reception.
    I very disappointed :(

Sent on 09/24/2012

1.6
      1.5
      2.5

Don't get married here!! Planning our wedding at Lake Lanier Islands was a complete nightmare. We were shuffled around from intern to intern and did not even find out who was in charge until 2 weeks before the wedding. For the amount of money we spent we were treated very poorly. Every time we visited the venue, all of our questions were answered the exact same way: "I don't know." Everything we were promised was not provided. All reservations for our guests were made for the wrong day. Our big day was planned over a year and a half in advance, but two days before the event we were even told to tell our guests not to park at the hotel because of a VERY IMPORTANT WEDDING. Our day was clearly not a priority. I was continually called the other bride's name by hotel staff. And yes, they did double-book our venue, which we were promised would not be done, so at the last minute they changed our rehearsal time to accomodate the other party. There is not enough room to list everything that went wrong. The 2 stars are strictly for the catering staff and the spa. Yes it is a nice venue but it is absolutely not worth the hassle!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Katja · Married on 11/23/2014

0.4
      2.0

The only disappointment in our entire wedding weekend, and sadly one of the biggest elements. The only reason I am giving two stars is because of our CSM, Elizabeth. She was the only one that seemed to actually care or pay attention to our requests and what we had specified for our very special day. The venue location was beautiful, we had our wedding and ceremony in the PineIsle center. The location was beautiful even in the rain. Where the whole event feel short was with the F&B. We had a private tasting, and requested several specialty items. Every item we requested was an epic fail with the event. We requested Table Service, only to have our own guests, including the bridal party go and get their own wine. The servers spilled wine, and poured the incorrect wine. We had white-bean and walnut meatballs with a roasted tomato sauce, but they left of the tomato sauce, and it looked like two day old camel dung sitting in the chafer. The Flank steak carving station looked a little like roadkill, the meat was very brown with no charring or any grill marks at all. The chef at the Fruit de Mar station, didn't have any idea what was in the two different pates, all he could tell us was: "it has meat and spices in it". The Portabella mushrooms we had added to that station, as a hearty vegetarian option, were diced to oblivion, instead of nice solid sized mushrooms. The venue couldn't get the temperature fixed, so we have wedding photos with our guests wearing coats throughout the entire wedding night. Once the event was over, and we expressed our concerns, via three conference calls. The venue team has not followed through on any of what they said during those calls. All in all it was an epic fail on their part, and value for money was non-existent.

Sent on 01/31/2015