LANE GORDON FILM Co. Reviews

67 | Battle Creek, MI

67 Reviews for LANE GORDON FILM Co.

Lane and Mindy were FANTASTIC! We were referred to them by our photographer, and so happy we were! I worked mostly with Lane prior to and after the wedding, and he was wonderful from day one. Very responsive, fun, and willing to travel up to Mackinac Island for our wedding. What I really appreciated about Lane was his willingness to give me all of his expertise, but still allow me to make some creative decisions (like music). He was always quick to respond to my countless emails and took the time to call me to discuss the process and my ideas. The return product was not only awesome, but it was quick too! We only waited about a week for our trailer and the final video and ceremony/speeches were to us within a month of the wedding. Needless to say, I would definitely recommend working with Lane and Mindy. My family and friends loved them, and they were a delight to have with us on our wedding day. They were so fun during the process of filming and made us all feel comfortable, but at the moments you don't want to feel like your being recorded - you wouldn't even know they were there! They were also major troupers - following us around on bikes for photos up endless hills (you guys are welcome for the calorie blast!). We are happy with their services and final products, and you will be too!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Britney · Married on 06/19/2015

Holy WOW! My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding video! Lane and Mindy are truly a dream team! Their talent is priceless! Our video captures all the magical moments from our day! I HIGHLY recommend purchasing the "trailer" when you book with Lane and Mindy. It is such a fun way to share with your guests and family the highlights from your day. Especially for those who weren't able to join you! Thank you .Vintage Storybooks for such a GIFT! We look forward to watching our video for years to come and sharing our video with our family!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Stacy · Married on 06/06/2015

Lane and Mindy were phenomenal to have for videographers. Easy to contact and always quick to reply and kept in touch as the days got closer. Reasonable prices and would recommend all brides to have them be part of your day because it will truly be a day you don't want to forget.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/05/2015

Lane & Mindy were seriously amazing!! They captured the perfect moments of our wedding and made it feel like us. Everything felt natural and flowed well while they were shooting- we all had a BLAST with them. They were super effecient; by the time we were coming back from our honeymoon the trailer of our wedding was already posted on Facebook. My husband and I would both recommend Vintage Storybooks to ANYONE!!

-Zach & Ashley Dillon

Sent on 07/08/2015
  • User4191860 · 2+ years ago

Lane and Mindy are a joy to work with and their work speaks for itself. If you are reading these reviews to decide whether or not you want them to be a part of your big day, you are wasting your time. Contact them immediately because they book quickly. When we were deciding if we wanted a videographer for our wedding, I was hesitant because of the expense. Looking back, I have absolutely no regrets, and I say with absolute certainty that this service is priceless!! Get the "complete" trailer AND longer video package.

Sent on 06/20/2015

Christine · Married on 05/15/2015

Lane and Mindy did a awesome job at our wedding! From the time I found the website I knew we had to have them as our videographers. Then after speaking to Lane on the phone I kept telling my husband they're the ones. He made me feel so comfortable talking to him, as I'm very shy. They were so on top of everything I never had one worry the whole day! When we seen our video we were blown away, it was absolutely amazing. Just perfect! We watched it and I felt like a movie star. They captured all the perfect moments. I highly recommend them and know you wont be disappointed!!!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Allison · Married on 11/10/2014

Lane and Mindy were AMAZING to work with while planning our big day. Come to find out, once working with them on wedding day, they were even MORE amazing than we could have imagined. What a pleasure it was to work with them! Things got even better when we got our video back. It is honestly perfect and we have gotten tons of compliments on it! I am so glad I used Vintage Storybooks to capture our day and allow us to relive it whenever we wish!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Absolutely LOVED our video by Vintage Storybooks. The only regret I have is that we didn't go with the bigger package with a longer video because we loved our trailer so much. They were so fun and easy to work with , and they were never in the way throughout our wedding day. Definitely worth every penny!

Sent on 01/20/2015
  • Candice

Candice · Married on 09/20/2014

I seriously can't say enough about Lane and Mindy from Vintage Storybooks! From the first phone call that I had with Lane...I just knew that they were the right fit for us. They are so sweet, professional and easy to work with! We actually got our beautiful 3 minute "cinematic trailer" only one week after the wedding! It's so amazing that we can't stop watching it! They completely captured our goofy/loving relationship so well and we've gotten a ton of compliments on how creative and professional the trailer is! If you're looking for a videographer (and you should definitely get one), look no further and HIRE THEM!!! :)

Sent on 10/05/2014

Tina · Married on 09/06/2014

My husband & I were overwhelmed when we began preparing for our wedding. We went for a simple outdoor ceremony/reception & thought finding the right people to be involved in our day would be a challenge, as we didn't really have a strict plan. Having the day recorded is something I felt was necessary, knowing it would be such a memorable gift for years to come. After searching several videographers & reading over the services sections everything just felt so commercial. Descriptions of what they offered seemed confusing & many did not have prices listed. Extra stress was the last thing I needed. Then I found Vintage Storybooks. As soon as I saw the web page, I had a feeling my search had come to an end. The first thing I did was read their "about us" section. The Gordon family looked like such happy, genuine & easy-going people. They live in a farm-house, enjoy traveling & capturing life. Perfect! Next, I clicked on the gallery. I watched each of the trailers & could see who all of these couples were; their personalities & their love for each other in under 5 minutes. The way Lane & Mindy grabbed those moments & stitched them together was beautiful. The videos felt true, non-rehearsed, the music was great; everything I was looking for! The pricing & description was to-the-point & very reasonable. I contacted Lane a couple days later & he was quick to respond. Considering I was inquiring about wedding services, it was refreshing to talk with someone down-to-earth, not pushy. I booked right away! Sept 6th, Lane & Mindy arrived at the perfect time. They made everything fun & easy, let us do our thing & we all laughed a lot. Everything went so quick I was sad the next day realizing all the planning, hard work & excitement leading up to it was finally over. But within a couple of weeks Lane & Mindy gave us our day back. I'm so happy I chose Vintage Storybooks! From start to finish the experience was amazing & the video is beautiful. Thank you so much guys!! Tommy & Tina

Sent on 11/02/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/16/2014

I had never met Lane and Mindy in person before my wedding day and after spending one day with them (the craziest, busiest day of my life), I can tell you that they are the kind of people that just make your heart happy when you are around them. They are great parents, loving husband and wife, teachers, love what they do, the list goes on. You want to have a good feeling about the people you work with for your wedding day and these guys give you that.
    As for their work, I think it speaks for itself. Spend some time on their Vimeo page and I promise you will be impressed. They are talented! I cried through 20 of their videos before I picked up the phone and practically begged them to shoot my wedding. Our wedding video has been viewed over 1,000 times. In the days after it was posted, our phones were flooded with texts, emails, phone calls of "oh my gosh I'm crying watching your video... It's amazing!" One of my bridesmaids contacted them after our wedding to shoot her wedding in June of 2015 and they are already booked so contact them soon!
    My husband and I will cherish our videos from Lane and Mindy for the rest of our lives. We could never thank them enough for giving us such a breathtaking way to relive our wedding day over and over.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Luda · Married on 08/09/2014

Lane and Mindy are just plain awesome, to sum it up! Vintage Storybooks was a referral to us by a photographer who had worked with them, and as soon as I saw their trailers online, I was in love. They were very quick to respond and answered all our questions. On the day of the wedding, they stayed almost the entire day with us. They were very flexible and really fit in well with our wedding party. I would highly highly recommend!! The trailer and the final video were sent to us so quickly, we definitely didn't expect that...and the quality was beyond amazing. I love love love the cinematography, very unique! They captured everything perfectly! I can't imagine looking back on our wedding any other way! Thank you Mindy and Lane!!!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Laura · Married on 06/28/2014

We (and everyone in our family and bridal party) loved working with Lane and Mindy! We had so much fun during the photo and video shots during the day and Lane and Mindy helped keep things upbeat and fun rather than "work". They worked so well with our other vendors and made everyone feel so comfortable in front of the camera and it really showed in the final product. The footage and videos were absolutely amazing and way more than we could of every hoped for. The shots captured all the details and the overall vibe of the wedding, while documenting all of the love and emotion we experienced. My mother-in-law starts every morning by watching the trailer because it helps start her day by putting a smile on her face :) Cannot recommend them enough to anyone looking for a videographer to capture their day perfectly!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Danielle · Married on 06/14/2014

Before I was engaged to my husband I was introduced to Vintage Storybooks thru a friend of mine. I instantly knew that I would want something like that of my own wedding - a precious keepsake to cherish for years to come. When I got engaged and talked with Lane over the phone, I knew I was making the right choice. My wedding day finally came and Lane and Mindy followed us around all day enjoying our day with us. My husband had thought it might be a little hard having someone video his every emotion, but they were such pleasant people to work with he often forgot they were even there. Our wedding came and went so quickly. When we received our storybook it brought back every happy emotion from that day and we could not be happier or more pleased with Vintage Storybooks. Every wedding is unique and special with a personal story behind it and Lane and Mindy definitely know how to capture that story and run wild with it! I would highly recommend anyone who is getting married to book with this amazing business! You will not regret it and you will have your very own storybook to look back on and cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Heidi · Married on 05/31/2014

We cannot say enough about how wonderful Lane & Mindy' work on our wedding day! They were so professional and easy going. Some people feel awkward being captured on video and yet they were so good that you didn't even know they were there. It was fun to see how they captured so much that we didn't even realize they had captured until we watched the final product and kept saying...."I didn't even know that they were standing there!!!"

They made us all....even our guests feel comfortable and at ease. Also they are very easy to talk to and when you come to them with a comment or suggestion they are very approachable.

From our experience it is best to let them exercise their creativity and artistic skills. We trusted them and their style and we were not disappointed at all!!!

We were shocked at how quickly they did their work after the wedding day by getting the Trailer and our Storybook to us so quickly!

We definitely recommend you buy the package that includes the Trailer because it keeps excited as you wait for the video and is such a treat for those who were there and for those who were unable to attend.

It also gives you a picture of how your wedding was because the bride and groom miss so much of their wedding day.

We cannot recommend Vintage Storybooks enough!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Sandy · Married on 05/24/2014

My husband and I are absolutely thrilled with the service and product we received from Lane and Mindy. They helped make our wedding day flow seamlessly and did a phenomenal job catching the most precious moments of the day. Our DVDs turned out fantastic and they will be cherished! We would highly recommend Vintage Storybooks!

Sent on 07/09/2014

The team of .vintage storybooks was amazing! They were very professional, responded to my emails/questions promptly, and best of all were able to edit and send us our highlight reel very quickly! Everything we've seen so far has definitely exceeded my expectations. The pricing of their services is very reasonable compared to other companies in the area, and you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Megan · Married on 05/10/2014

Vintage Storybooks was the absolute best choice for our videography at our wedding. Lane and Mindy were professional and fun to work with for such an important time in our lives. The turn around time for our finished product was more than reasonable and we were so excited with our finished product. They captured the important moments and made great editing and music choices for us while also requesting our input prior to the event. I highly recommend using Vintage Storybooks to capture your special event!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Megan · Married on 05/10/2014

Lane and Mindy from Vintage Storybooks captured our wedding day beautifully. Having known them as a family prior to 'hiring' them, we knew they would do great work but couldn't have anticipated how amazing it really would be. They were on time, responsive leading up to the day, flexible with our schedule throughout the day and fun to be around. Honestly, half the time I didn't even know they were there because they were in their element doing their work and capturing everything. Our compilation video is fantastic and I love that we have our entire ceremony and all of our speeches from the reception in full - we will always have those memories to look back on. I would highly recommend this awesome couple to anyone interested in capturing their special day on video. It was probably the best money we spent on the entire day.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Lane and Mindy were both so nice they captured our day beautifully. I'm so glad I trusted them with such an important part of the day. The videos that we have are amazing and something my family will treasure forever. Thank you both so much.

Sent on 01/16/2014

Heather · Married on 09/14/2013

Lane and Mindy are absolutely incredible, and one of the best investments we made for our wedding day. After doing a TON of research and checking out various local videographers, I stumbled upon Vintage Storybooks. Before booking, Lane and I chatted by phone for about 30 minutes. He answered all my questions in great detail, and even shared some sample videos so that I could be confident his shooting style matched mine. On the day of the wedding, Lane and Mindy were prompt, friendly and EVERYWHERE! We were amazed by the number of "behind the scenes" shots they were able to capture. They worked great with our photographers, dj and other vendors. We even had our "sneak peek" video less than 1 week after the wedding. The fact that we got to watch it on our honeymoon was incredible. I can't recommend Vintage Storybooks enough. Hiring a videographer was one of the best ideas we had and well worth every single penny!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Deb · Married on 08/30/2013

Perfect from start to finish! This very talented husband and wife duo were great to work with. The best decision we made in our budget was including a wedding video from vintage storybooks! Everyone that sees it falls in love! I would highly recommend their services!!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Dario and Brittany · Married on 08/10/2013

If you're skeptical about hiring a videographer with all the other costs of a wedding, you will not regret hiring .vintage storybooks. My groom was very unsure about the decision for our wedding, but once our big day was over, our video was all he could think about. And he was not disappointed. Not only did we fully enjoy having Lane and his wife with us all day, making us laugh and going with the flow, the product they delivered was incredible and very personal. The couple does a wonderful job capturing the important moments, as well as the moments you didn't know you wanted captured. And on top of that, Lane stepped up to be a stand in photographer when ours wasn't able to shoot just 20 minutes before our ceremony. He took video, photos and was kind enough to edit all of them to help us in a bind. He went over the top for us, and we wouldn't have been happier hiring anyone else. You can not go wrong with .vintage storybooks! We can't thank them enough.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Maegan · Married on 07/14/2013

Love Love Love the video that was made. I cried and so did so many other family and friends. Lane and his wife were amazing throughout the entire process. They were chill and so easy to work with. I never stressed about the video because I knew it would be beautiful and amazing. And being a bride, you want to work with people who make things as stress free as possible. I would use them again, again, and again.

Sent on 08/17/2013

Katelyn · Married on 06/22/2013

Hiring .vintage storybooks to capture our day was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding! We cannot even begin to express how happy with are with our wedding video and trailer. We almost did not hire a videographer, but after watching a trailer they made...we knew we HAD to have them capture our day. We are IN LOVE with our wedding video. Every time we watch the trailer or the storybook, we feel like we are right back in our wedding day. They captured our love and our day better than we could have ever imagined, and we are beyond thankful we will have this keepsake for a lifetime. The turn around time was extremely fast, the work and artistry is amazing, and the emotion is captured perfectly. Lane and Mindy are absolutely fantastic. They are a wonderful couple to work with, make you feel so comfortable, and are just fun, caring, and nice people to be around! Thank you so much for capturing every detail, smile and tear! We are so thankful to have worked with you :) -K & D

Sent on 08/06/2013