Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum Reviews

Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum 7
  • Sarah

Sarah Parker · Getting married on 11/23/2019

Naturally Beautiful Venue

Landis Valleys yellow barn is a naturally stunning venue! My sister got married there and other then adding centerpieces we didn't need any more decorations! They were also very flexible with changing the set up once we found out it was going to rain. They rearranged the barn so we could have the ceremony and the reception in the same location instead of having the ceremony outside in the courtyard. Everything was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for more! Definitely recommend for couples looking for a laid back historic barn type venue.

Sent on 03/12/2019

Sarah · Married on 04/10/2016

Married date: 04/10/16. This venue was PERFECT! We couldn't have chosen a more amazing venue. The atmosphere was awesome and the staff were all incredibly friendly. Even with last minute changes with snow in April (our luck!) the staff were flexible and calmed my stress immensely! Could not have been happier with our day at this venue. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 06/11/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/01/2015

Couldn't have chosen a more magical venue for our favorite day ever! The staff was amazingly supportive throughout the planning phase and the night went off without a hitch. Truly couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful/perfect for our wedding. Thank you, Landis! We will definitely be recommending this venue to others.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2015

We got married here in October 2015, despite the hurricane that hit that weekend, our day was perfect!! I was super bummed of having the ceremony inside the barn instead of the courtyard but honestly, it was perfect. The barn is beautiful and you really don't have to do any decorating. The staff at LVM was great! Very accommodating and responsive. The guest commented on how pretty the barn was. I would recommend this venue to anyone! I didn't mention on how reasonable they are with the price of the venue.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Lori · Married on 09/25/2015

Words can not explain how wonderful Landis Valley was for our daughter's wedding. Responsive, flexible, extremely helpful. The whole package. As the mother of the bride I had no idea how much fun and stress free it could be, especially since we live in North Carolina. Jennifer took care of everything and everyone. I wish we could do it all again!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Julia · Married on 06/27/2015

My husband and I married two years ago and we had our reception in the Yellow Barn at Landis Valley. Everyone we spoke to at Landis Valley was not only professional, they were generous and personable. For our reception there were a few things up in the air (Who was going to DJ, what alcohol we were going to have), and they were more than happy to work with us on all of it. I loved my experience so much, I've recommended it for other brides!

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum 16
    Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum 17
    Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum 18

Shelby · Married on 06/21/2015

Jen, the site coordinator was extremely helpful. She was always positive and cheerful and answered all of our questions promptly. Our ceremony in the firehouse and yellow barn reception were perfect. We wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Erin · Married on 10/19/2014

We could not have been happier about our choice to have our wedding at Landis Valley! We are a pretty easy-going couple as is, and Landis Valley was so welcoming and really made us feel like we were the only wedding they had all year (LOL)... I dealt mostly with Jen - seriously, she was so responsive & easy to talk to -- if i ever felt overwhelmed, she assured me it was OK. Our guests loved the venue & are still talking about it!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Our wedding was perfect, everything went smoothly and they are the best to work with!!!

Sent on 05/03/2014

Ashley · Married on 03/29/2014

I couldn't be happier in my choice with Landis Valley. We received SO many compliments on the yellow barn. It is beautiful and gorgeous without having to do much decorating at all, honestly, even though we added a few of our own touches. The white lights and interior alone make it a wonderful place to party. If I had to do it all over again I would choose the yellow barn at LVM a thousand times over. It's exactly what we wanted. :)

Sent on 04/03/2014

Challise · Married on 09/29/2013

We couldn't have been happier with our wedding reception that we held at the Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum in the Yellow Barn. It was certainly a lot of work, but it gave us the perfect blank canvas to create exactly the kind of event we were looking for. Unlike other venues, we had the flexibility to choose any caterer, florist, rental company, etc. that we liked. Linda helped us through the planning process and was personable and extremely helpful on the day of the event. I got countless reviews from our guests that raved about the venue and what a perfect spot it was for our reception!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Cristina · Married on 08/30/2013

Linda Ammon was such a great woman to work with and the attendant, Dave C. was absolutely amazing and so nice to work with. He was polite to the guests and helped us clean up! This wedding venue was unique and just so sdifferent from doing it at a hotel. We barely needed any decorations! Simply beautiful and reasonably priced. If it rained, which it didn't, it was easy to move our ceremony indoors to the barn which made me feel so much more less stressed. Can't recommend enough!

Sent on 08/31/2013

Liz · Married on 06/23/2012

I had my wedding and ceremony at the Yellow Barn located here. The barn is spacious and rustic with cement floors, wood interior and already decorated with strands of twigs and twinkle lights. On its own it's beautiful inside, but the main reason my husband and I chose this location was that we were allowed to bring in outside decorations (my mom and I had LOTS of DIY decos) and the huge outback courtyard where our ceremony was held.
    We had 150 guests and there was space for everyone to spread out and mingle and we encouraged everyone to explore the grounds surrounding the barn. Its perfect for a rustic outdoor wedding.
    There is space for the caterer outside. We actually had a DIY bar and a buffet out in the courtyard and guests carried their food to the cocktail tables outside or the rows of tables that were set up inside. Our dance floor actually ended up being on the lawn out back which we did not expect! It was so fun!
    I've seen some people were upset about the bathrooms. You do have to keep in mind this a public venue during business hours (not during your event.) I wasn't too concerned about the bathroom (its a BATHROOM) but I did know what I was in for so I brought in potpourri in mason jars which looked and smelled great and added to the rustic theme.
    As for the staff at LVM, they were very helpful, easy to reach via phone and email, easy to set up appointments they were even there to chat on the days we just randomly dropped by the venue to visit. Most importantly we were allowed to set up how we wanted and no one bothered the bride on the day of!

Overall, I was completely satisfied with my wedding experience!
    Pics here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/abeandliz/

Sent on 09/18/2012

Sheri · Married on 05/19/2012

Landis Valley provided a beautiful and laid back atmosphere for both our wedding ceremony and our reception. The staff was excellent in helping with whatever we needed. The grounds of Landis Valley also provided some beautiful scenery for our wedding photography.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Kristine · Married on 10/14/2017

Such a beautiful venue. It is a DIY venue but they are willing to work with you. It may be best to have a wedding coordinator to help you.

Sent on 10/15/2017

katie · Married on 07/08/2017

My wedding at Landis Valley was perfect! This beautiful, historic and rust barn wedding venue was just what I was looking for! The inside of the barn with the stringed lights made made our reception magical. The wedding coordinator Jenny was great! This is best priced venue is a lifesaver for brides with small budgets. They book up fast, so book now. Be prepared to do most of the work yourself, but that's what makes it such an affordable price. Thank You, Landis Valley!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Landis Valley is an absolutely picture perfect place for a wedding. The courtyard was a great ceremony spot and the barn is breathtaking. There are specific rules in terms of what you can and cannot do since it's historic and a museum during the day, which makes them less flexible, however it is still worth it. Also, since they have so many events, there isn't much personalized service (ex wedding coordinator, packages) so you need to do the work yourself or hire someone. I had a beautiful wedding and heard rave reviews about this venue. Thank you for a picture perfect wedding!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Allison · Married on 07/13/2012

This venue provided such a unique and beautiful backdrop to our rustic wedding. Since we wed on a Friday, my group and I were able to come in at 3pm that Thursday to set up the majority of the decorations, tables, ect. Communication with Joyce (the coordinator) was smooth and professional. I think other brides run into problems if they don't follow the policies and procedures of the grounds (it is a museum that requires preservation), but we found it very easy to work within the parameters that the museum laid out for us. Our day-of coordinator was excellent at communicating with my family and meeting any needs that they had.

We held our ceremony in the courtyard behind the yellow barn under a rental tent and it was absolutely beautiful. We were able to use Landis Valley's wooden folding chairs for both the ceremony & reception (they're a steal for only $1 each!). We were given free reign to decorate the barn as we saw fit and it turned out to be stunning. The rustic charm from the barn & the already hanging twinkle lights made for some awesome pictures.

Overall, our guests loved the unique venue. The museum is beautiful in itself and the yellow barn provided the perfect space to celebrate our wedding. Joyce was accommodating, the grounds are well maintained and the night went off without a hitch. I would definitely recommend the space to any bride looking for a rustic barn at an affordable price.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Rachel · Married on 09/09/2016

We recently got married at Landis Valley and couldn't be happier with our decision! If you're looking for a rustic wedding venue, you will not find a more affordable or beautiful place than the Yellow Barn. We had a great experience there and would recommend it to anyone.

One of the great things about Landis Valley is that they allow you to bring in your own caterer and vendors, so you have a lot of freedom to build the DIY/Pinterest wedding of your dreams (not that you need it...the barn is gorgeous on its own) according to your own budget. Jen, who handles all the wedding coordination for Landis Valley was wonderful to work with through the entire planning process, and we ended up using several of the vendors that she recommended. She is truly a gem. Thanks Jen!

Sent on 10/04/2016

3.5

We had our ceremony and reception at Landis Valley in the Yellow Barn and it was lovely. All of our guests commented on how lovely and charming the vendor was. It is worth the value and the lower rental costs allowed us to put more into the decorations, which made it personal.

Sent on 07/21/2014

SarA · Married on 10/05/2013

2.5

I would highly recommend the Yellow Barn as a beautiful/comfortable location for a wedding. It was amazing! My only complaint would be the cost. The building rental is accurate however they tack on a lot of money by requiring you to rent their tables/chairs/etc.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Linda, from Landis Valley, was very helpful and willing to work with me. The venue is beautiful and was the primary reason for choosing this site. The Yellow Barn was beautiful and all my guests have commented on how beautiful it was. I would highly recommend to any bride who is willing to "do it yourself" as you must perform all set-up/clean-up the day of the wedding. This was not enough to stop me from having my wedding here!!!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/02/2016

This venue is so very charming and of good value for an area that is becoming a hotspot for barn weddings. Jen, LVM's wedding coordinator is easy to work with, knows the space, and covers all the bases. We received so many compliments on the interior of the barn (existing twinkle lights on the posts and rafters exude an elegant romance) and the Village provides fantastic opportunities for photographs. You have many options to choose great vendors, which was a must for us. All of our vendors came recommended by our venue and were above and beyond our expectations. The only negative was a socially awkward and overbearing site attendant who had the morning/early afternoon shift. Our other attendants were awesome. Definitely consider LVM for your event!

Sent on 10/09/2016
  • alabarre

April · Married on 06/06/2010

3.0

We had our ceremony at LV. Beautiful site. They were cooperative with changing the allowed time for a wedding ceremony as ours started earlier than generally allowed. They are pretty strict however when it comes to the times for which items may be delivered and or picked up (ie florist, decorations, tent set up, etc). It was not a problem though as I understand it is a museum. : ) They allowed us to reserve two areas (indoor and outdoor) weather permitting!! We were very lucky to have found such a great site in Lancaster that worked with us!

Sent on 06/10/2010