Lakewood Estate Reviews

11 Reviews for Lakewood Estate

• Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/07/2019

Magical Hudson Valley Wedding Venue

Lakewood Estate was the perfect magical venue for our wedding weekend. We loved the gorgeous expansive property, mansion to lodge our bridal party, and cozy honeymoon cottage to house us. Every inch of the property was a great photo opportunity. We were able to use the property the whole weekend for our Friday welcome BBQ, Saturday ceremony/reception, after-party in the mansion and cottage, and Sunday brunch. Greta was indispensable to our wedding planning- she connected us to quality vendors and advised us at every step for an ENTIRE year. On the weekend of, she worked so hard to make sure all guests were comfortable and happy. So many details we hadn't thought of, she addressed. Thank you Greta and thank you for sharing LWE to make our dream wedding come true!! HIGHLY recommend

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Alina

Alina Lopez · Married on 08/15/2019

The best day of our lives!

From my first conversation with Greta, I knew we were in great hands. We had our intimate ceremony and dinner for 24 guests at Lakewood Estate, and during our first chat, I could truly tell that she cared about the details of this special day. She went above and beyond and anticipated details that we didn't think of to insure our day was flawless. We even went up to Lakewood Estate 2 months prior to our wedding and planted herbs and spinach to be served at dinner! The grounds are straight out of a fairytale and the bed and breakfast was so charming (Greta cooks a delicious breakfast by the way). We got married under these beautiful big trees on a hill overlooking the lake and had dinner under the stars. Every single person that attended said it was the most intimate and perfect wedding they had ever been to. Seriously the best day of our lives, and we couldn't have done it without Greta. We are even planning our honeymoon/family reunion next year :) Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lakewood Estates!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Kristine

Kristine · Married on 08/10/2019

The perfect wedding at Lakewood... all thanks to Greta

Where do we begin... our wedding was absolutely perfect and it was all thanks to Greta. Greta is the property owner of Lakewood Estate. The property is not only for weddings, but for BnBs and little weekend getaways (because honestly, once you go through the property gate, it truly feels like you're in a different world)! Another benefit to booking Lakewood is that you will get the ENTIRE weekend of the property to yourself and the family, not just one day. The estate is absolutely breathtaking with a lot of history.
    Prior to becoming a venue for guests and weddings, Lakewood Estate used to be the home to Greta and her family, as well as past generations!
    Greta was an integral part of our wedding planning and day. We were initally looking at the estate to find a venue for our wedding, but we inadvertantly gained a planner, and we were so grateful for her! During the nine months of planning, she was constantly in communication with us to make sure that we were on track with our timeline. My husband did most of the wedding day planning with her because she was there to piece the whole thing together and provide her expertise. Greta is also familiar with the quality and professionalism of many of the vendors that have either worked on weddings with her or just from having lived there, so that was a benefit to our planning. Overall, every aspect of our wedding went perfectly because of the help we received from Greta. No task was too difficult for her. We know that we asked her for A LOT, but somehow, she was able to accomodate and get it done. Not to mention that she is the sweetest, kindhearted person.. if you were starting your day in a bad mood, you weren't going to end your day the same way after a visit with her. If you choose to have your wedding at the estate, you'll understand. Greta, we cannot thank you enough.. you have done more than we could have asked for. If you are in between choosing this property or another, we HIGHLY recommend to pick Lakewood. You will absolutely love it.

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Jasmine

Jasmine · Married on 06/15/2019

Westchester escape

I can't speak highly enough for Greta! She was so great to work with and plan with. I am extremely happy to have had my wedding here at Lakewood. The days before the wedding Greta takes the time to talk with you IN PERSON and really puts in a lot of effort for the actual venue. The weeks before the wedding she assures you that everything will be perfect because it will! The weekend of the wedding she is the perfect hostess to our wedding party who stay the whole weekend on site! It is amazing!!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Chantelle · Married on 09/15/2018

This venue is magical. Greta went above and beyond to help us every step of the way, both when planning and on the day of the wedding. My husband and I were extremely time strapped at this point in our lives and Greta helped make planning much easier and less stressful. Our guests raved about how special the venue was and how much they enjoyed the day. Thank you Greta for being such an amazingly kind and patient host. Chantelle & Dave

Sent on 09/29/2018

Dan · Married on 10/14/2017

We found Lakewood House online when we were looking for a location for our wedding. We liked the pictures but it wasn't until we contacted Greta and drove up to see the place that we fell in love with the house, the property, and especially Greta. She gave us a tour of the expansive property and showed us where we might consider doing certain parts of the day. She was very responsive during the planning phase as well. The house is very comfortable and spacious and our guests were so happy to stay in such a historic place. After the wedding, we were looking for her to thank her for such a wonderful time, but it was Greta who thanked US for choosing her for our wedding. As it turns out, we were her first gay wedding. I can guarantee we won't be her last.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/16/2017

Greta, the owner of the house, was the kindest, most sincere, and loving woman possible. Not only did we fall in love with the property instantly, but knowing Greta was by our side through the entire planning process, made us not stress about anything. After meeting just once, she saw exactly what we wanted - our vision - and delivered more than I could have ever asked for. She recommended all vendors she thought would be the right fit for what we wanted, from rentals, to catering, to Karen, our AMAZING event planner (they are the dream team) to suggesting a signature local cocktail. I couldn't have asked for a better team of people to help me plan my wedding. I believed in them so much so that i let them practically take the reigns on all design aspects. Greta and Karen handled all the communications with the rentals, flower vendors, our amazing local cake vendor, Baked By Susan (highly recommend her!) and she completely respected our budget and cut costs where we needed to. They even went so far as to scavenge for flowers and greens for all our centerpieces so we didn't need to buy at the florist.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET MARRIED AT LAKEWOOD HOUSE.

You will have the most magical day of your life, I guarantee it!! And not to mention the actual property is STUNNING!!!
    She gave us the entire 23 bedroom house for the whole weekend, we had the rehearsal dinner the night before where Greta spent hours making homemade pizzas with organic ingredients in her high-tech industrial kitchen (she even has a pizza oven specifically). The house is rustic, big and beautiful and the foliage made our photos come out utterly spectacular. I recommend renting the property for a september or october wedding when all the leaves turn red - YOU WILL BE IN AWE!!

I wish I could keep writing about how amazing my wedding turned out because of Greta's and Karen's incredible work. Suffice it to say - I wouldn't have changed a single thing!

GO GET MARRIED HERE, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Sree · Married on 08/12/2017

Greta was the most amazing host. We were not the most well planned couple and Greta was great throughout the process where she gently guided us through all the key questions and issues to think about as well as proposing ideas. In addition she was also very patient and listened to our ideas and very thoughtfully proposed how to make them happen.

The Lakewood house is beautiful and was perfect for our needs. Our families stayed there for a week and loved it.... and so did all our guests. Greta did everything g yo make our stay memorable.

The execution of the wedding itself was flawless. From finding us folks to roast a goat and pig, to building a nice tent in case it rained, to having very experienced staff to manage the overall wedding - Greta and team were just first class!

We strongly recommend the Lakewood house and Greta for any event. We might not get married again (hopefully) it would certainly love to go back there for any family friends gathering we might have!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Lily · Married on 06/17/2017

We had such a lovely experience with Greta and her team. Lakewood Estate was the perfect venue to accommodate our "fairy tale" vision for our wedding. From having our bridal party stay with us at the lovely historic main house to hosting the rehearsal paella dinner (by Chef Michael Bick of "Somethings Fishy"- also Amazing!), to saying "I Do" under a beautiful old tree with a view of the pond...it could not have been better. Greta and Karen helped us with every last detail and were exceptional in their providing of design ideas and coming up with creative solutions to fit our budget and make our dream come true. We felt right at home and, most importantly, so did our guests. This review is late in arriving because we're just coming down from cloud nine now after the amazing experience we had this past summer, but cannot say enough about the folks at Lakewood Estate and the property itself. Thank you!

Sent on 12/04/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding of our Dreams!

I’m so happy that we picked Lakewood Estate as our wedding venue, it truly gave us the wedding of our dreams! We had family and friends traveling from out of the country to be with us so to be able to stay all together in the house and to make a whole weekend event out of our wedding was exactly what we were looking for. From the time you enter the estate, the scenery is breathtaking and so romantic. We got SO many compliments from our guests about the location we chose, how beautiful it is and some guests even described it as “like a dream”! You can be sure that the backdrop for your photos will be amazing. The venue owner Greta was so committed to every detail about our weekend and truly made us feel as if we were the only couple getting married there, which made the experience so personal and special. We also had Greta host our rehearsal dinner outside under the trees and bistro lights with delicious homemade pizzas and salads. Greta is an AMAZING cook! I wish we could relive the whole weekend over again, I wouldn’t have changed a thing!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 06/22/2019

Greta at Lakewood Estate made my every wedding dream come true!

Greta at Lakewood Estate was BEYOND amazing!! Since the day we contacted her cross country, and had a phone conversation I knew I was beyond happy with her. We met in person during the busy holiday season but Greta made sure to make time for us while we were in town, and created a welcoming environment. For the next year, Greta worked closely with us on every last detail, was never pushy or overbearing, and made sure everything was set and ready (thinking of things that had never even crossed my mind!) The day of the wedding weekend, Greta was amazing. The house was ready with fresh baked cookies, when we had to set up EVERYTHING for the wedding, Greta helped in every way she could, as well as helped break everything down the next day. I couldn't imagine a better wedding, thank you Greta. You made my dream wedding come true while being a saint throughout it all!! You are amazing, thank you for sharing your property with us. It was beyond perfect!

Sent on 07/20/2019