72 Reviews for Laketown Golf & Conference Center

Signature Drink (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
72 Laketown Golf & Conference Center Reviews

Laketown was AMAZING to work with! Ginger is beyond helpful with any questions or concerns you might have! She was very flexible with meeting times to work with our busy schedule! Our reception was beautiful and it wouldn’t have been possible without Ginger and the staff! The food and beverage service was awesome as well! Would totally recommend for a reception venue!

Profile Picture Ellery, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The space and the staff at Laketown are wonderful! We were very pleased with how our wedding reception turned out, and recommend anyone to check-out Laketown for your next event.

Profile Picture Abby, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We did not use this venue for a wedding, but rather a corporate event. From first contact until the end of the meeting, we could not have had a better experience. The staff was prompt in getting back with us, extremely accommodating, and always went the extra mile to meet the groups requests. The food was fabulous and the service was even better. The location was clean, beautiful, and very professional. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Julie, 3/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Laketown Golf and Conference Center was the perfect place for our wedding reception. The grounds are beautiful, and the windows provide great light and beautiful views. We were easily able to facilitate our guests, with ample room for food and dancing. Our wedding was in September, and it was still warm enough to enjoy the outside areas. The facility has a beautiful centerpiece that can be raised or lowered based on your décor themes. We hung paper lanterns and lights from this, and it was a sight to behold. You have a lot of options here to make the space work for you. Ginger and her staff were wonderful and accommodating, and even put up with a bunch of Michigan fans invading her MSU space. I would highly recommend this venue to future couples, and I can’t think of anything bad or negative to say about our experience. It was a great night and Laketown Gold and Conference Center was a huge part of that for us.

Photos
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kate, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Server(s), Stations, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

Ginger was amazing. She was so helpful throughout the whole planning process. Everything went so smooth because of all of Ginger's knowledge and help. The venue itself is beautiful. Our guests absolutely loved it.

Profile Picture Elyse, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I am truly amazed how beautiful Laketown Conference Center is both inside and the outside grounds are amazing as well. My daughter was married there this past August 27th and I feel we couldn't have chosen a better venue. Ginger and her staff are awesome. The response time with Ginger was always less than a day turn around time. Michigan Caterer is the Caterer that Laketown uses and I was so impressed that the food was delicious. Please check this place out for any occasion. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Kim, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

In early August we got married here and had our reception here. It's absolutely beautiful! There are multiple locations outside to choose from as well as an inside option of where to get married. For the reception you have a choice of the rotunda, or the tent. We chose the wooded site and the rotunda for our special day. Ginger is a wonderful lady to work with and is very responsive and professional to all the questions that I had. She helped guide and narrow down all my ideas I found from Pinterest to help create what I really wanted. The staff she works with is very kind and friendly. The food venue that they work with is great- a free tasting is included. There are two areas in the building for the bridal party to get ready- both areas are large, clean, and comfortable to get ready in.

Profile Picture User7314194, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Laketown made our wedding so special and memorable. They were always so helpful and more than willing to help make your dream wedding become a reality. Ginger was the main person who helped me, and I couldn't say enough great things about her. You cannot go wrong by booking Laketown. They offer so many great options for ceremony sites, as well as plenty of options to customize your own reception inside the rotunda. It was so beautiful- my guests couldn't stop talking about how pretty and unique everything was. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chair Covers, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer

Laketown is a beautiful setting for a wedding! The grounds and setting are gorgeous. The facility has a great design and layout. It is so beautiful that very little outside decoration is needed. It was so relaxing to have the wedding and reception at the same site! The service was exceptional and Ginger the GM was so organized and helped to coordinate everything! Without her the day would have been very stressful. As it turned out everything was PERFECT and ran smoothly! Our daughter had the fairy tale wedding she wanted! Ginger was a wealth of knowledge -not only about Laketown but about weddings in general. She was also very FLEXIBLE. We talked to other wedding venue representatives and they seemed to be very inflexible. When you are planning a wedding things change -sometimes from day to day. We would highly recommend Laketown as a wedding venue!

Profile Picture Richelle, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Chair Covers, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

My husband and I fell in love with Laketown on our first visit. First, it's absolutely beautiful! The building is stunning inside and out! And Ginger is an amazing woman to work with! She works so hard to make sure everything goes smoothly on your big day and to make things as simple as possible!

We had our reception in the Rotunda, which our guests kept telling us was such a beautiful space. It has a large seating area, and a great space for dancing!

Laketown also has multiple ceremony spaces available. We went with a wooded outdoor ceremony space, which was amazing! And just in case it rained, there was in indoor backup plan.

The only downside to Laketown is that you can't choose your own food vendor. You must choose West Michigan Catering, but on the plus side, the food was great! But a little expensive.

Overall, Laketown Golf and Conference Center is a must!!

Profile Picture Molly, 8/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Chairs, Tables, Linens, Parking

We happened to start planning our wedding just about two years in advance and that gave us a lot of time to go over details. Ginger is a very busy lady and she knows her stuff!!! Every detail was gone over, as well as she brought up some things that we would have never thought of! That helped make the big day go smoothly!!! Not only are we very pleased with how everything went, but a lot of our guests gave us quite a bit of positive feedback and told us how much they enjoyed the venue!! There will always be stress I believe with getting married and planning a wedding, but I would do it again at Laketown with Ginger! We appreciate everything she did and all the help that was provided.

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This is a gorgeous venue that needs minimal decoration! Ginger is very personable and things went smoothly!

Profile Picture User5527605, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Laketown. I could go on and on, but I'll keep it short and sweet. Beautiful location, easily accessible, gorgeous building with a great design aspect, professional staff (shoutout to Ginger! You made everything so easy) and partnered with other great vendors. 10/10, would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where oh where do I even begin with our feedback to Laketown? Thanks to their incredible service and eye to detail, we had the BEST night ever. We held our wedding reception in their facilities and were pleased with every service along the way. Ginger (their G.M.) was phenomenal as both an employee and event "host". She helped us think through every detail along the way (and as the event drew closer, she responded to all of my annoying last minute emails, and every time, she encouraged me to continue ask any additional questions). On the night of the wedding, I didn't have to think about a thing....Laketown had the room set to our plan and helped the evening's events stay on track. I would HIGHLY recommend their facilities and services to anyone looking for a memorable event! I will treasure those memories for the rest of my life!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!! Not only is the rotunda a spectacular breathtaking venue for the reception, the facility also features a lovely outdoor patio setting where guests can mingle during the cocktail hour. We chose the pond site and gazebo for the wedding and it could have not been more beautiful. And to top it all off, there is Ginger, the general manager, who with her enthusiastic personality, also doubles as a wedding planner and counselor for any stress issues that might come up during the planning process:) She offers tried and true recommendations and suggestions to make your special day run smoothly and efficiently with fun. Definitely a 5 star!!

Profile Picture Jane, 5/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ginger is amazing to work with and the venue is beautiful. We could not have been happier with our daughter's wedding reception!

Profile Picture User4259701, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an absolutely beautiful wedding reception at Laketown on April 12th! Ginger does an incredible job at organizing and coordinating all of the vendors (photographer, caterer, DJ, florist, etc). She even provides her personal recommendation based on our style and how we envision the night. We used and loved the DJ and florist she suggested. I have nothing bad to say about the level of service. I completely trusted Ginger to make sure the night went smoothly. Everything was perfect - and if it wasn't, I didn't know :)
Also, I should add that I was planning our wedding from Chicago, my fiance lived in Denver, and my mom lived in Flint, MI. We had 5 months. Ginger was extremely flexible to meet with us if I was coming through town and extremely responsive through email when I had questions.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the consistently prompt and congenial attention to the fabulous and lovely surroundings and facility, we were DELIGHTED with every aspect of our experience with Laketown!!! We will cherish our memories of this stellar celebration even more because of everything you provided and assisted with!

Profile Picture Shelli, 9/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The moment my husband and I walked into the Laketown Rotunda we knew we wanted to have our reception there. Not only were the views and the revenue beautiful, but the layout was perfect to ensure that all of our guests would be in the heart of the festivities. Ginger is amazing and I was never worried about the details because she always knew how to fill in any gaps I might not have thought of! She was willing to meet with us at all times of day and really made it convenient for my family. I recommend this place to all my friends.

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Laketown Golf Center was an amazing wedding venue! Ginger was so helpful, too. Unlike some other venue managers, she is a manager who actually cares about making the event great and convenient for you. She replies to emails and phone calls very fast, and she gives amazing advices on the event that we wanted more advice from her. She is experienced and knows the best!

Profile Picture Emi, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughters wedding day was perfect with the help of Ginger and the team at Laketown Conference Center. Every staff person was cordial helpful and professional. We could not have a found a more beautiful or well managed venue in Michigan. The Beef Medallions, Mahi Mahi and Vegan dinner was delicious and well received by our guests. We had 179 guests in the Rotunda and the band we hired was amazed at the size of the stage and easy access for managing their equipment. Whether you have a DJ or a band the Rotunda can handle a big sound without being overwhelming. A large dance floor accommodated a large crowd with ease. We highly recommend this venue for an outdoor wedding outdoor ceremony and reception!

Profile Picture Dave and Therese, 8/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ginger and here staff provided an acceptional expeirience for our daughters wedding!Very accomidatiing and efficient. The food from WMcatering was outstanding! we had so man compliments on the evening. We would not hessitate to use this venue and have recommened it to several of our friends that will be having weddings in the future.

Profile Picture Mary, 8/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Was absolutely pleased with everything!!! Our wedding PERFECT! I couldn't ask for anything more!!! Thank you sooo much ginger! I guess horizon is the new royal blue!! :)

Profile Picture Katie, 8/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

Ginger was a fabulous to work with. She was excellent at giving confidence to decisions and gave wonderful guidance to questions. We will miss working with her. I highly recommend her venue and expertise. The venue was a perfect match for the wedding outside and reception indoors. Wedding pictures were great with the surrounding grounds.

Profile Picture Kay, 7/22/13, 3 Reviews