Lake Wilderness Lodge Reviews

Lake Wilderness Lodge 5

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2007

3.6
      3.0

The Lodge was beautiful by itself. We wanted to be able to put flowers all over and bring in an Arbor, which they allowed, but nothing is allowed on the walls, no tacks, nails, tape, etc. only pipe cleaners can be used to tie things up. There is a very large sprial staircase that has a totem pole (kinda random) in the middle, I walked from the top Mezzanine to the middle/main floor down these stairs, where I met my dad and continued on to meet my husband to be. The basement was great for guests to go after the ceremony for drinks and hors duvres, we mingled with our guests while the reception was being re-set upstairs, without them even knowing. it was perfect! there is also an elevator for all floors which was great for getting to the top without people seeing me or for guests who might find stairs challenging. The outside deck was deemed unsafe about 2 months before the wedding, and was still closed off at the wedding, yellow caution tape and all, which I wasnt too happy about, but I wanted our guests to be safe. The Bridal suite was huge! it was perfect for my girls to get ready, we had hair and makeup there as well, and we even had a bbq buffet brought in for the bridal party and family there for early pictures, a great idea for afternoon weddings. the lodge is set on Lake Wilderness in Maple Valley, WA with beautiful views of Mt. Rainier on a clear day. we had the wonderful northwest rain on our big day, but it was the perfect setting for us.

Sent on 07/16/2008
  • Dpickle87

Abby · Married on 07/31/2010

2.4
      2.5
      3.5
      0.0
      3.0

The venue is beautiful, but if you are going to use this location make sure you get everything written on paper. There was a huge miscommunication between lodge staff. We were told we could get in early to the lodge to do pictures, but after getting everyone there at the time we were told we weren't allowed to go inside. After going back and forth with the lodge manager several times we were finally allowed to get in, but had to pay an additional amount of money. The 6 hours given for your contract does not give you enough time to set up, do pictures have a ceremony, and a reception. My final review of the lodge would be to make sure you get some kind of written confirmation for your rehearsal night time because they lack communication at the lodge and I almost had to have my rehearsal at 8pm instead of 6pm like I had scheduled until I convinced her to let us do it at 4pm. Great location just be careful of the run around you could get.

Sent on 08/07/2010