Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel Reviews

Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel 6
  • Sheila

Sheila Howard · Married on 06/05/2019

Would Not Change a Thing Amazing

This was an amazing wedding and the Tahoe Resort Hotel. Kelsey was excellent at working with us for the tasting and the reception and also helping us with other vendors needed. The Hotel was comfortable and the staff was all very helpful, kind and professional. Chef Sal was amazing, all the food was delicious and the Short Ribs were my favorite. My Sister who is from Washington State known for the seafood says it was the best salmon she has ever had, I agree she gave me a bite and it was cooked to perfection and seasoned perfectly. We were very happy and if I had it to do all over again I would not have changed a thing. The big thing I recommend also besides having your event here is to do a middle of the week wedding. The crowds were small the weather was perfect and we enjoyed every minute of it. The vendors we used: Manzanita Glow for decorations (Emily), Hall Creations Photography (Angie), Flour Girl Cakes, and Blake's Floral Design (Sharron), they were all amazing. We had the wedding at the Lakeside Beach venue and it was phenomenal. Thank you so much everyone of the staff at the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel that made this event the best it could have been!!!!!

Sent on 06/08/2019
    Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel 7
    Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel 8
    Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel 9
    Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel 10
    Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel 11
    Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel 12

Kathy · Married on 08/18/2018

We planned our wedding pretty quickly and kind of last minute! We decided on a whim to get married on a particular date and that date happened to be only 3 months out! It was a small and intimate wedding, and when looking at places to hold our reception, we looked into several different options. The Lake Tahoe Resort was the best option for us because of their packages and pricing, availability, location, and just how nice the hotel overall is. Their event manager, Kelsey, was extremely quick to respond and get a quote put together in just a day, which is part of the reason we decided to book there. If we were getting such great service up front, I was confident we'd be able to get that same level throughout and I was not wrong! Kelsey kept in touch over the next 3 months and was so diligent in following up and helpful with questions! Destination weddings are not easy, but she was extremely accommodating and helpful!

Due to the destination, we weren't able to try to food or view the space before making the bookings, but we weren't disappointed. The photos on the website and description provided were spot on. The food was delicious as well! We chose to do a buffet, so there were many options for our guests (I do highly recommend the short ribs-they were AMAZING!) The hotel staff was able to set up our items perfectly to my instructions. The room was minimally decorated, but it just felt perfect for us!

Service during our reception was amazing. The two attendees for our wedding were so kind and helpful in making sure myself and the groom were always taken care of. We never had an empty glass or empty dishes in front of us for long! They made what was the best day ever, even better for us! Thank you so much to the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel for making our wedding memorable!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2018

The staff during our reception showed us the best time with such class and patience. I was very happy with how it all turned out and I highly recommend the lake Tahoe resort for future weddings!!
    Thank you so much everyone!

Sent on 08/06/2018
  • F

fmarie · Married on 07/21/2018

we had our cocktail hour and reception here! kelsey was amazing! the food was great! everything was set up ! i couldnt asked for a better reception! highly recommend

Sent on 07/31/2018

Jeena · Married on 06/09/2018

Our wedding day was PERFECT!! The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was so much fun. The Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel team did a great job!!

Kelsey was amazing to work with! She was so communicative and organized throughout the whole planning process; always available for questions and very helpful with suggestions. Kelsey was so nice and made the process very easy! The day was seamless in large part to her expertise.

Chef Sal was great! He worked with us to customize our menu, and the food was as good on the wedding day as it was during the tasting; which is impressive when serving almost 200 people. He plated our sweetheart table meals special, and it was a nice touch!

Denise and the catering team were fantastic in ensuring our guests were fed and happy, and that our leftover cake was kept chilled for us to enjoy later.

We could not have asked for a better day, and are so happy to have chosen LTRH for our ceremony and reception.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Cortney · Married on 05/12/2018

A fairytale wedding! Kelsey was fantastic about working with us to make sure every little detail turned out perfectly. I was told that I needed to make a decision by noon if I wanted to move my ceremony inside due to inclement weather, but when I returned back from first look to attempt to dry and thaw out, my mother in law assured me that there was still time if I wanted to make a change (even a half an hour before my wedding). The chef did a great job with out food, the linens and set up were fantastic, and we loved the service we received. Absolutely recommend this venue!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Cecilia · Married on 05/20/2017

So awesome!!! Everything was taken care of and my guests loved the venue set up and the food, especially the food!! ?? super responsive AND constantly checked on us to make sure were satisfied. Shout out to Denise for being so nice and generous during our event.

Sent on 05/16/2017

The staff and hotel are excellent. A shout out to Kelsey the event planner for the hotel, she did such a fantastic job during our wedding. She was well organized, maintained timely communication via email and/or phone, and overall our wedding went without any problems. Another shout out to the Banquet Event team, Denise and all others did such a great job with food and service during our reception. The food tastes amazing and the dessert even better. They made sure the bride and groom were served first and even plated our meals and seated us before all of our guests. I would recommend this location for any wedding. The hotel coordinates with Roger at Weddings at Lake Side Beach right at state line. We had our ceremony on the beach and indoor reception at the hotel. It was a great day.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Taylor · Married on 08/20/2016

My husband and I were just married here this past Saturday and we are over the moon happy with our experience with the South Lake Tahoe Resort! Kelsey, Denise and chef Sal were exceptionally phenomenal, going above and beyond to ensure that our special day was everything we could've imagined and more! We will look forward to coming back year after year to celebrate our anniversaries!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Cyndi · Married on 08/20/2016

This is the place for your wedding/reception venue! Denise, Chef Sal and Kelsey did an amazing job from beginning to end for my son and his fiancé (now wife's) wedding reception. Everything was top notch. Kelsey was responsive, professional and had a great "Can Do" attitude with everything we asked. Chef Sal prepared the most amazing gluten-free and vegan dishes that far surpassed our expectations. He also prepared the chicken and prime rib to perfection. Denise's attention to detail and friendliness was extraordinary.
    For those in the planning stages for your wedding or special occasion...this is the place for all of your needs!
    Thank you Kelsey, Denise, Chef Sal and the staff of the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel. You made the special day even more special!!
    Cyndi D.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Julie · Married on 05/21/2016

We had my daughters wedding here and everything was great.. last minute weather issues caused an indoor ceremony but they pulled it together beautifully. Reception was exactly as envisioned and we all had an amazing time.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Cheryll · Married on 09/12/2015

Our stay for all of our out of town guests thought the hotel was the nicest hotel in South Lake Tahoe. Nicely decorated in the lobby, staff was so courteous and willing to help, and the rooms were very clean. They let us check in early as some of our guests came earlier. We had a balcony suite that had a tremendous view and lots of privacy. Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel was the venue for our wedding reception too. What an amazing time and the staff was unbelievable! I would definitely recommend this place for any stay in South Lake Tahoe! Truly a pleasure!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Tina · Married on 12/13/2014

OMG! Frankie is seriously a life saver! Our original wedding was canceled by the venue for unforeseen construction two months before our wedding! I called around in a panic and found Frankie! I could not have asked for a more professional, understanding, on top of it, amazing, attentive and supportive wedding coordinator! She went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect! She helped me find vendors that she highly recommended and provided me support when I was having minor panic attacks. Up to the moment I walked down the aisle, she was there for me. Just amazing. The wedding itself was way more than we could have imagined! The venue was spectacular. The FOOD was to die for good! Everyone wanted to take some home! Which is a rarity at weddings, having excellent food! Buffet at that! Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is a place we WILL be staying at every single time we come to Tahoe! The whole staff there was simply the best! Thank you Thank you Thank you! You truly made our day special!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Melissa · Married on 09/21/2014

This venue was perfect. My wedding was a huge success thanks to Frankie at this resort

Sent on 09/30/2014

We worked with Francesca Stone at Embassy Suites to create the most wonderful rehearsal brunch. We had looked at this location as a possible venue for our wedding, but decided we wanted to be closer to the lake. However, we liked the venue and Frankie so much, that we decided to have our post wedding rehearsal meal there. Our rehearsal was in the morning, so we hosted a rehearsal brunch instead of the traditional dinner. Everything turned out spectacularly! The food was delicious, the service excellent, the venue beautiful, clean, and elegant. Frankie worked with our requests and our budget. She is very responsive, organized, helpful, knowledgeable, flexible, and professional. I recommend her and her staff 100%!

Sent on 11/10/2012

Kathy · Married on 01/01/2009

They were amazing to work with for my reception, not only was the food amazing the service was second to none! I truely had the reception of my dreams!

Sent on 03/14/2009

Meagan · Married on 08/20/2011

3.5

The venue was in a very good location a short walk from the ceremony site, the wedding coordinator was extremely helpful however she sometimes tried to push her ideas on me a little too much. For example, I let her influence me on how we wanted to do the bar, she kept insisting that based on her experience she KNEW we wouldn't reach our bar limit and convinced me to add a signature drink. I listened to her experience even though I was hesitant and sure enough we reached our bar limit only 2 hours into the reception so that was a bit of a bummer.

But they don't have a site fee (only a food & drink minimum) and the food was very good! Overall, I was very happy with using Embassy as my venue. I don't think I could have found a better venue w/in our budget.

Sent on 09/11/2011

Cassi · Married on 08/10/2018

1.2
      2.0
      1.0

I stayed here with my bridesmaids the night before the wedding. They were horrible. They didn't care that we stayed for the wedding and had no interest in helping us or in making things work. We asked for a check-out one hour later than posted, which would still give them hours to have the room cleaned. They said absolutely not, even though the hotel had a significant amount of vacant rooms. The manager Mike could have cared less. What a mistake making this hotel part of the wedding weekend. They wouldn't even leave a luggage cart waiting for us so we wouldn't be late to the ceremony. They should be ashamed of how poorly they treated us, don't recommend this hotel.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Michaela · Married on 09/16/2018

1.0

Began planning in January and fell in love with the venue, price was fair, and it was ideal for the simple wedding my husband and I wanted. As the months went on I exchanged multiple emails with Kelsey for clarification on quite a few things, since I’ve never planned a wedding before and did not have much knowledge. As the wedding date got closer Kelsey became more and more difficult to get ahold of, disregarded decisions we made on items such as linen colors, liquor, etc and sent emails saying “Since no one made a decision we decided for you.” Everytime I would send another email asking a question, I felt she was intentionally ignoring me requiring me to send the email multiple times to get a response. I had to turn communication over to my mother in law, as I was stressed to my breaking point. My mother in law began to experience the same issues I was having. We arrived in Tahoe on Thursday with the wedding on Sunday and did not hear a peep from Kelsey until the reception started, and she did not say a single word to us. We were supposed to have high and low top tables, an audio system for music, tables and chairs for 45 people, and high end liquor. Things that were discussed and AGREED upon by both parties....none of which occurred. I have worked with event coordinators before and in my opinion she is far from that. I’m curious why everyone else seems to have such a fantastic experience with her and we saw the complete opposite. The only good thing about this whole experience was the Director of Sales Steven. I expressed some issues I had with him the morning after the wedding and he was very apologetic and said he would look into everything....I highly doubt I will ever do business with this venue again.

Sent on 09/21/2018