Lake of Isles Reviews

79 | North Stonington, CT

79 Reviews for Lake of Isles

Robin · Married on 09/23/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sheila and Bethany at Lake of Isles! When looking for a venue, it was very important to my husband and I that we could feel at ease with the wedding planners and coordinators. After looking at nearly 10 venues, we finally found that in Sheila. Sheila is absolutely wonderful to work with. She responds very quickly to all emails and phone calls and really made me feel at ease during the planning process. She is very organized and was great in accommodating all of our special requests. Bethany, the day of coordinator was phenomenal. She kept the day running smoothly and on time, and helped to keep me calm when I was having issues with my dress. She even jumped in and helped to fix my dress when it kept coming undone. The only complaint we heard from guests was that one of the bartenders was rude and they left a tip jar on the counter when it should not have been. But the venue is gorgeous, it combines majestic views of a golf course and a lakefront atmosphere which makes for a great background for photos. The food was amazing, especially the filet mignon. Sheila, Bethany, and the other wait staff truly made the day stress free. We would definitely recommend Lake of Isles. Our guests continue to compliment us weeks later that it was one of the nicest weddings that they had ever been to, and we thank the staff at Lake of Isles for that.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Corey · Married on 09/10/2016

Lake of Isles created our dream wedding. Right from the very first meeting, my wife and I knew there was something special about Lake of Isles and the coordinator Sheila. She was extremely friendly and professional and it felt like we had known her for years. She was more than happy to build us a custom package for our reception. Throughout the entire planning process, Sheila was always quick to respond to questions and available whenever we needed her. The venue itself is beautiful. We had our ceremony on the dock overlooking the lake, the cocktail hour in Matches Tavern, and the reception in the large ballroom. Everything turned out even better than how we envisioned. Bethany is the day of coordinator and she is just as amazing as Sheila. She gave us direction during the rehearsal/day of the wedding and was able to keep us calm. During cocktail hour she attended to our family as we were taking pictures along with the server dedicated to the bride and groom. Our theme was nautical and Bethany went above and beyond with little details at the bar and our guest book table. The food was spectacular. All of our guests were so pleased with the selections at our stations (Asian display, pasta bar, carving station and Venetian table). Everything ran smoothly and it was all thanks to Bethany and Sheila. They are the best of the best and it was such a pleasure getting to work with them to create the wedding of our dreams at Lake of Isles. If you want a fantastic wedding that your guests will be talking about for years to come, look no further than Lake of Isles.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/09/2016

Sheila was absolutely amazing from the first meeting, to answering questions leading up to the big day, to mapping out the final details the day before. She would remember something I mentioned in passing months before and bring it up again. Additionally, Bethany and our personal server, Melissa, went above and beyond our expectations. They anticipated what we needed before we even needed it! We received rave reviews about the food and service even many months after. We worried about absolutely nothing the day of the wedding and all of our special requests were honored. I highly recommend this venue to all couples looking.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2016

Our wedding reception at Lake of Isles was beyond perfect. I can't say enough about how extraordinary our experience was. We began planning a little over a year in advance and found that of all the venues we considered, Lake of Isles had the best price for a guest list of 200. We had a wonderful tour and later attended an event to sample cakes, appetizers, and meet other vendors. All throughout the planning process, Sheila (Director of Catering) was fabulous. I would send an email with a question on a Sunday night and get a response within hours. She was always courteous and professional. No question was too insignificant for her to address.
    The day before our wedding Sheila, Bethany, and other friendly staff members helped us set up our centerpieces (made out of books for a literary theme wedding). We brought multiple items, including family photos, and nothing was lost in the shuffle.
    Our wedding was August 19, 2016. While the bridal party was taking pictures, the guests enjoyed a cocktail hour on the beautiful deck. The food was delicious and Lake of Isles accommodated my Polish family by adding kielbasa to the appetizer list for us. They also found a specific mixer that my mother had requested and a waiter scurried down from the reception hall to the deck with a bottle so my mother could have her preferred drink.
    Guests raved about the food. We selected the prime rib, free range chicken breast with artichokes, and a stuffed mushroom vegetarian option. Lake of Isles was very accommodating to guests who had special dietary needs, like vegetarians, vegans, and people with gluten and nut allergies. They provided alternative salad dressings and desserts to guests who could not enjoy the Caesar salad or cake. One guest in particular raved about the coffee! My husband and I had a waitress especially for us. She made our experience stress-free. All staff members were courteous, helpful, and professional. Our day was truly amazing!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

Absolutely incredible! Our day went perfectly thanks to Sheila and Bethany! I could not have asked for a better group to plan my wedding with. Sheila was prompt with emails, never made me feel like a burden, and made me feel truly special. I cannot say it enough, Lake of Isles was the absolute perfect place! We did not get to enjoy our food at the reception, but the staff wrapped it up for us to take home. Even a day later and heated up in the microwave; perfection! I can't wait to enjoy another wedding there as a guest! Thank you to Sheila and Bethany for everything - you made this the best day of our lives!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Melissa · Married on 05/28/2016

Amazing, amazing, amazing! I honestly do not have any negative things to say about having my cocktail hour and reception at Lake of Isles. Sheila was incredible in helping plan out how everything was going to go. She was so knowledgeable, patient, and accommodating. She always got back to me so quickly and never seemed to be getting annoyed when I would ask her question after question. She was on top of everything. And Bethany was absolutely incredible day of. I met her at a final meeting, and she was reviewing all the details and how everything would go and seemed very on top of her game. At the wedding she was very visible, always available if we had a question, and very flexible. She never seem flustered and just made sure whatever we wanted/needed happened. The venue was also beautiful, the food was great, and they were very accommodating for special meal needs (gluten free, dairy free meals). They also had golf carts available to drive guests down to cocktail hour, and there was a shuttle that brought us back to the Foxwoods at the end of the night. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. It is pricier than other venues, but in my mind it was worth every penny. I had no worries about anything going wrong there. And I had a perfect day!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Lake of Isles was a perfect wedding venue. My husband and I could not have been happier with the staff, location, and overall experience. Sheila, the coordinator, was so amazing and helpful. Anytime I had even a small question, Sheila always got back to me within 24 hours. She went above and beyond anything I could have imagined and she eased all of my stress about the big day. During the rehearsal and on the day of, Bethany was so nice, calming, and organized. The rest of the staff was amazing as well, so kind and helpful to anything that myself, the bridal party, or any guest needed. They were able to anticipate what everyone needed before we even had to ask.
    We had our ceremony on the lakefront deck and it was beautiful. All of the food during the cocktail hour and reception was delicious and we are still hearing ravings about the food from our guests. The staff also made sure that my husband and I were actually able to eat during the busy day. Our reception in the ballroom was beautiful and Bethany and the staff were there to make sure the evening went off without a glitch.
    Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and we could not have imagined a better day. I am so glad that we chose Lake of Isles for our venue and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.

Sent on 07/09/2016

Megan · Married on 04/30/2016

Sheila and her team were amazing and very attentive! Our wedding was better then I ever could of imagined! Our guests have been raving about the place & the food!

Sent on 05/13/2016

Katy · Married on 11/21/2015

Sheila Graham and her staff at Lake of Isles in North Stonington CT were the best. Every time that we had a question, Sheila would email us back within hours with the answers.
    From the very beginning with our first tour of Lake of Isles, to the day of the reception, everyone was courteous, professional, and organized. Sheila takes you through every step of the wedding reception process and never made it feel like a chore. We got engaged in March, and married in November, so we had a shortened time line, but we never felt rushed or disorganized because Sheila was always there to remind us of the next step.
    We met with Sheila and Bethany, the catering manager who was present during the reception, the day before the wedding, and they had everything done for us! It was a completely stress free meeting where we sat and chatted about the day's events.
    The day of the wedding, we had no complaints. Everything from the setup of the band to the last dance ran smoothly.
    The food at Lake of Isles was amazing. We ordered the Filet Mignon and the chicken, and many people said that it was the best steak that they had ever eaten.
    The bartenders (we had an open bar) were quick with the drinks and easy to talk to.
    We had an amazing wedding, and Sheila Graham and her staff made it even better!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Thomas · Married on 11/07/2015

We had an amazing time at Lake of Isles. The facility was gorgeous, and looked exactly as it did in the pictures online and in brochures, unlike several other venues we were considering. Sheila is an amazing coordinator--always on top of deadlines and very patient. The food was delicious--several guests commented that they could tell the chefs put effort into selecting high quality ingredients and cooking times for the steak, in particular. The staff was very helpful the day of the wedding. Lake of Isles also has an association with Foxwoods, across the street, which provided extra entertainment for our guests. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Kara · Married on 10/11/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Lake of Isles and their staff. Sheila was wonderful throughout my whole planning process. Bethany was present for my rehearsal and throughout my wedding, and I couldn't ask for better company and direction. I am truly grateful for my experience and planning a wedding was not my idea of fun. I have a full time job and not a ton of time and honestly no idea how to plan a wedding. Thankfully Sheila helped me throughout the whole process and my wedding couldn't have been more perfect. The venue is gorgeous and it will be a day I will never forget, especially cause it was perfect!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Julie · Married on 09/20/2015

Lake of Isles was the last venue we looked at – and at the time we are almost set on another option. However, all of our other options weren’t quite right. Then we went to Lake of Isles, and we knew that was where we would get married. I’ve lived in Westerly, RI my entire life and never knew this place existed. It is GORGEOUS! You will fall in love as you drive up, and everything just keeps getting better and better.
    The location is stunning, You will get married on a large deck overlooking a lake – or if you choose to get married elsewhere this is where you will have cocktail hour. Then you will have your reception in a large ballroom overlooking the water. The entire place is perfect.
    However, the real gem of Lake of Isles lies in Sheila and Bethany. Sheila is the Director of Catering and your go to woman throughout the entire planning process. She never takes more than 24 hours to answer an email (typically responding within the hour) and never makes you feel like you are asking a stupid question. Sheila is also really helpful when you need advice. Bethany is your on site coordinator the day of your wedding. In addition to being really nice, she is super organized! At the final meeting the week of the wedding you’ll sit down with both Sheila and Bethany and they will walk you through the day. We left feeling like nothing could go wrong. (And it didn’t!)
    We are so happy with Lake of Isles, Sheila and Bethany. We wouldn’t change anything!
    Fun story – one of our guests split the zipper on her dress at the wedding. Bethany offered our friend her own dress right off her back! She’s that amazing. (Luckily we had a sewing kit so a dress swap in the bathroom wasn’t necessary)

Sent on 09/28/2015

Lindsay · Married on 06/06/2015

Lake of Isles was the most perfect venue for our wedding. We fell in love with the decor of the ballroom, the setting of the lake front deck and the overall atmosphere. From our very first meeting, we felt like we were part of the family. Sheila, Bethany and their staff provided the most exceptional service and we cannot thank them enough for making our day so special!! Plus, with Foxwoods being across the street, it makes it such an enjoyable little getaway for you and your guests!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Nicole · Married on 05/30/2015

Sheila and Bethany are the dream team. Everything about our wedding, every little detail, they treated as #1 importance. They honestly made you feel like they had no other wedding to concern themselves with except for yours. Everything was taken care of and we never had to worry about a thing! I could relax on our wedding day knowing they had it all under control. They were even so kind as to wrap up the rest of my meal and cake that I didn't get to finish so I could pick up the leftovers the next day! The venue is amazing, the staff are all so attentive, and all of my guests couldn't stop telling me how great the food was. Plus, even with nearly 200 people, there was hardly ever a line at the bar which made everyone very happy. We are so happy that we chose Lake of Isles for our reception!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Flawless! Sheila and Bethany had everything covered. They were fun, energetic, accommodating and very creative. The room looked spectacular and the food/drink was top shelf. If they saw a line at the bar, another bartender came to help out! They put our mind at ease for transporting guests back/forth to the various hotels. They were so organized and thoughtful in displaying our "themed props" around the room and then carefully packing them all up for us to easily pick up the next day. I truly appreciate all the time and effort they put in to making this such a special day for our family and friends. A class act from beginning to end!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Matthew · Married on 05/23/2015

On May 23, 2015 we tied the knot at Lake of Isles. It was a wonderful experience at such a beautiful venue. We had our ceremony on the dock and it accommodated all of our guests comfortably. The lake and golf course provided a picturesque backdrop. The reception went off without a hitch and all of our guests had a great time. One of the keys to our successful wedding was the planning, dedication, and attention to detail that Sheila and Bethany put into our big day. Sheila was very well organized and inspired confidence throughout the whole wedding planning process. She was a major factor in us deciding to book this venue because we knew she was a true professional from the start. On the day before the wedding and during, Bethany ensured our day was on schedule and all the details were attended to. She epitomized competence and knowledge throughout the whole process and it allowed our wedding to run smoothly.

After having just about a month now to reflect on the event and hearing feedback from many of our guests, one of the major comments was on how fantastic the food was. We have to agree. The passed o'dourves were numerous and timely. Additionally, the main courses our guests ordered (filet mignon and free-range chicken) were to their satisfaction and very well received. The cake was wonderful, elegant and delicious as well as our additional chocolate fountain.

We would highly recommend this venue to any couple considering it. The close convenience to Foxwoods enabled us to turn our wedding day into a wedding weekend. Many of our guests stayed at the casino or the Hilton and all had an easy time arriving and departing from Lake of Isles. We’re so grateful to have had this top-notch experience. Lake of Isles was the perfect place for our perfect day and we will cherish it for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Lia · Married on 04/18/2015

Our wedding reception here was for us, perfect. Sheila was responsive, professional and knowledgable in the planning phase of the wedding. She also truly cares about her clients and made us feel as though we were the only bride and groom she was working with. During the wedding, the staff were a delight. They were experts in what they did as well but also made us feel personally welcome and special. The food is delicious and we had so many people come up to us with compliments. The steak was so tender that they serve it with a butter knife. The acoustics in the room were also great and we had a wedding DJ/drummer (343 Productions -- VERY highly recommend them too!) who sounded great.

Sent on 05/17/2015

alane · Married on 02/21/2015

Couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Everything was just perfect. Sheila and Bethany were wonderful to work with. Very helpful and professional. We received so many compliments on the venue as well as the food.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/18/2014

Picture your perfect wedding day - everything exactly as you wanted it, running on time, guests happy and smiling, and friendly faces there to help you throughout the evening - and that is what you will get with Lake of Isles. The magic of this place rests with Sheila Graham and her amazing team who will stop at nothing to make sure that your wedding day is everything you imagined it and more. As someone who works in events professionally, I can honestly say she is the BEST I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Every single vendor we contracted with knew and loved Sheila and seemed as excited to work with her again as we were. From our first meeting, Sheila impressed me with her kindness, graciousness and earnest desire to make sure my wedding day was exactly what I had imagined. Her meticulous attention to detail, responsiveness, and calm demeanor made planning the wedding what it's supposed to be - fun and exciting - instead of stressful. Every time I had a question, she had an answer; every time I had a concern, she had already thought of it and come up with a solution; and every time I was about to email her to ask what was next she had an email waiting for me with my next steps. Like I said - the BEST I have ever worked with. Bethany was our on-site coordinator for the day of the wedding and equally outstanding. Not only did she make sure everything was set up exactly as we had specified during the walk-through, but she kept things moving throughout the night, checked in repeatedly to make sure we had everything we needed and assisted guests with any of their needs. Like Sheila - she is completely calm and gracious under pressure. Perfect example - when a torrential downpour hit unexpectedly during our cocktail hour Bethany got everyone inside, had hairdryers circulating and people laughing within about 10 minutes. What could have been a disaster turned into a hilarious memory for all of our guests. Trust me - you want to work with this team!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Allison · Married on 09/20/2014

Lake of Isles is a gorgeous location with a top notch staff. Sheila was extremely organized and helpful throughout the entire planning process. The day of, Bethany was friendly and flexible and pulled everything (including a photo slideshow and video) without a hitch. I knew that we would get the best service from hearing other reviews, but I also didn't realize how extremely personable the staff was. They made us feel like we were the only wedding they had booked the entire year :) If you're looking for an amazing staff, clean and beautiful location and some of the best wedding food you will EVER have - then Lake of Isles is your spot!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Alicia · Married on 09/19/2014

I could not have been happier with our choice of the lake of isles! Everything was perfect from the ceremony to the cake to the reception. Everyone that I had the pleasure of working with was so professional and made sure our night ran smoothly!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Kari · Married on 09/12/2014

From the first day we visited Lake of Isles, my husband and I loved everything about the venue, from the beautiful lakefront deck where we later held our ceremony, to the bright and open reception room, to the pristine golf course where we took many of our pictures. Sheila was extremely professional from our first meeting and throughout the planning process. She always responded to my emails quickly and in great detail, no matter how many random questions I had for her. On the day of the event, Bethany took charge and made sure that everything went smoothly. We didn't have to worry about a thing, which was exactly what we wanted. The food and cake were a priority for us, and they were both excellent. We decided to get a couple of extras, including ice cream truffles to accompany our cake and late night pizza/burgers--both were big hits. Many of our guests have told us that ours was the best wedding they had ever been to. From the food to the staff to the atmosphere, we would highly recommend Lake of Isles for a beautiful wedding day!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Our wedding day was perfect. everyone at lake of isles made sure we had everything we needed to make our day very special!

Sent on 02/04/2015

Bobbie Jo · Married on 08/31/2014

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Lake of Isles in North Stonington, CT on Sunday August 31, 2014 at 5:30pm. We had our ceremony on the outdoor deck near the lake and our cocktail hour and reception in the gorgeous banquet hall. All I can say is that the evening was as perfect as it could possibly be. The weather held out for us and the pictures we got on the deck and then on the golf course are breathtaking. Our guests raved about the food (we offered the filet mignon and stuffed shrimp) and full open bar. Sheila was a great sales woman and answered all of our questions promptly. Bethany the event coordinator was amazing and really made the event spectacular. She kept everything on time, lead a wonderful rehearsal and made sure that the bridal party was taken care of at all times. Please take a look at the Lake of Isles if you are planning a wedding. You will love it!

Sent on 09/20/2014

Heidi · Married on 08/15/2014

I would reccomend the Lake of Isles to anyone planning a wedding. I had my fairytale wedding. The staff were professional, proficient, and very organized. The lake ceremony was perfect and the reception was beautiful. Sheila Graham made the planning process so easy as was organized and always available for questions. The cake and food were delicoius. I got so many compliments of how smooth the wedding was. :)

Sent on 08/18/2014