LA Wedding Woman Reviews

80 | Valley Village, CA

80 Reviews for LA Wedding Woman

Regina · Married on 09/28/2013

Maria Felipe was our officiant for our wedding. She is not only beautiful but has an amazing personality. We wanted to meet our officiant in person before signing a contract. Maria was very flexible and agreed to meet at a coffee shop. I immediately loved her personality and how warm and easy going she is. At the meeting, we went over a run through of the ceremony and we signed that day. We did the custom wedding package which includes one meeting. So since we decided to meet our officiant first before signing that counted as our one meeting which was ok with us because we now knew how passionate Maria is and we were confident she would do an excellent job at our wedding.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Tiffany · Married on 09/22/2013

Arielle was the officiant to our super small wedding ceremony. She did a fantastic job the day of! Also did a great job of being reassuring in the days and months leading up to the special day. Every time I had questions or was freaking out Arielle would respond in a timely manner. Just talking for a sec would calm me down. At the ceremony she was very friendly with the very few guests in attendance. One important thing I didn't think of until I watched the video was her voice. Loud enough and not... irritating at all :). Seems silly but half of the talking through the ceremony will be the officiant... pick Arielle!

Oh and Emily was great too! We only spoke a couple of times however she was always able to help! Thank you ladies so much.

Sent on 09/25/2013
  • V&J

V&J · Married on 08/31/2013

LA Wedding Woman is such a wonderful service. The day California let stand the defeat of Prop 8 and marriage equality continued, LA Wedding Woman was the first organization to stand up for our community and in honor of that, on July 1st, the first full day of same sex marriage, a member of LA Wedding Woman was on hand at each one of the Los Angeles court houses to officiate for our weddings. We were fortunate enough to choose Van Nuys and there was Tracy. We knew the moment we met her she was special and would make our day perfect. The glow, attention and all around feeling of compassion and honor for our marriage, that we decided on the spot we wanted to have a full custom wedding and YES we did choose Tracy again! THE BEST! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Tracy and LA Wedding Woman, they are a blessing and will help your day too be SPECIAL! Thank you Tracy

Sent on 09/07/2013

Katie · Married on 08/30/2013

Elysia was such an amazing officiant and we adored her. She is very accomodating when it comes to meetings, in person or otherwise, and is very good about getting back to you, which we found SUPER important as we neared our wedding date. She returned emails and phone calls promptly and always answered our questions. She walked us through the details of marriage licenses and even ended up taking the hassle out by applying for ours for a small charge.

My husband and I were sure we'd get super nervous, so she helped us prepare for that ahead of time, even sharing personal stories and tips. We wrote our own vows, which she read multiple times and assisted in editing. She also had examples and other vows that we could look at and gather inspiration from. On the day of, we ended up not being nervous at all, in large part thanks to Elysia. She was so calm and reassuring and made it all about what made us comfortable. At the last minute I realized I didnt ask anyone to film the ceremony, and she calmly said "no problem, I can just ask the guests to do so on their phones before we start." Simple as that and we had homemade videos!

Elysia is a wonderful woman and great at her job. Loved her and highly recommend for anyone in love and looking to help that shine through in their ceremony.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Michael · Married on 07/29/2013

My partner and I had decided to get married at the courthouse. Upon finding out that they only performed ceremonies on Thursday and Friday, I searched the net to find a Justice of the Peace. I stumbled across LAWeddingWoman and am so glad I did. Arielle married us this past Monday. Though I had only communicated with her via phone and email, I immediately felt at ease when I met her in person. Her vibrancy and joy were immediately apparent. We did the Quick I Do. I knew there would be no pomp and circumstance but still invited 6 friends to witness. Upon seeing my guests, Arielle asked if we would mind if she said a couple words to make it meaningful for the guests. Afterwards my guests thought Arielle had known James and I for a while. She was a joy and made the day all the more special!

Sent on 08/04/2013

Kryss · Married on 07/13/2013

Elysia was fabulous. She was organized from the first meeting and had great suggestions. I loved how her ceremony was so unique and warm. She was super responsive and worked with what we wanted to do. She was great on my wedding day getting me prepared and calm. She was perfect for our mixed denominational wedding!

Sent on 08/06/2013
  • Y

Yelena · Married on 07/07/2013

Elysia married us this past Sunday and the ceremony was beautiful, sweet and short! Just how we pictured it! From the first contact in the mail till the last good-bye everything was wonderful! She answered my e-mails, calls and was so sweet! Most importantly, she had this calm and relaxing and beautiful way of talking to us few minutes before the ceremony. Since we didn't get the package to have a pre-wedding meeting, I thought it might be awkward but it was beautiful! She is WONDERFUL!!!! It was beautiful, Thank you Elysia!!!

Brides-don't even hesitate to have her officiant your wedding!!!You will love her!!!

Sent on 07/09/2013
  • Y

Yung · Married on 06/09/2013

We could not have hired a better officiant for our wedding! Elysia was professional, polite, and very personable. Elysia definitely helped make our wedding day go smoothly and stress-free. She went the extra mile by coming in early, staying late, and picking up the marriage licenses for us. Her delivery of the ceremony was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. We highly recommend LA Wedding Woman to anyone who is looking for an officiant!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Jesse · Married on 06/01/2013

Elysia,
    I just wanted to send you a huge thank you & I cant tell you how much I appreciate everything that you did for me & my wife. You truly did make it an amazing wedding. You really are gifted at what you do. You also went above and beyond anymore than what was in your services. So again thank you so very much. I truly do appreciate it.

Jesse & Brittania Miller

Sent on 06/19/2013

Michelle · Married on 05/19/2013

My husband and I were so happy to have Elysia officiate our wedding. She was incredible to work with from the first time we met for coffee, up to the moment we were standing in front of all of our friends and family saying our vows.

We knew what we wanted our ceremony to be like and Elysia helped us make it happen. We worked with her to customize the format of our ceremony, and she helped us through the process of writing our own vows. She also gave us really helpful tips for our marriage license paperwork so our trip to the city offices went smoothly.

We ended up with a really beautiful, personal ceremony. Thank you, Elysia!

Sent on 06/15/2013

Katerina · Married on 05/08/2013

We are a couple travelling around the world and we decided to get married in LA on our way... We decided for Elysia because of all the great reviews and she really is the best! Since the beginning she was super responsive and helpful, and she did so much more than she'd had to, really committed to that our wedding'd go great. We wanted something very simple and short and decided to get married at the beach she suggested and it was the most romantic place ever!
    The ceremony itself wasn't long, exactly as we wanted, but it was very sweet and touching. Elysia calmed us both as we were quite nervous, she is such a lovely person, you just get to like her instantly.

Thanks to her our special day was really special! Thank you again, Elysia!

Katerina and Dani

Sent on 05/12/2013

Janet · Married on 01/26/2013

Elysia was truly wonderful, sensitive and gentle. We had a very intimate wedding at Point Dume. I also want to credit Elysia for her flexibility (weather was questionable and for that reason the rental group thought we changed the venue.) Nonetheless, this will be one event that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
    Thank you Elysia, you were very much part of this memorable union of Julia and Nathan.

Sent on 01/30/2013
  • Jenelle

Jenelle · Married on 10/19/2012

So happy we found Elysia Skye!

First of all, Elysia was wonderful to work with from our very first emails, to our meetings, to our wedding day. She is kind, caring, and competent, and she walked us through all the legal things we needed to take care of.
    She has a very calming presence, which is exactly what you want in the planning stages, and exactly what you want during one of the biggest moments of your life!

Secondly, Elysia helped us so much in planning a ceremony that reflected us completely. Before talking with her I was stressed about what our ceremony would include, since my husband and I were coming from two different cultures and didn't want to really include any specific religious traditions in our ceremony. We also didn't want to go over 20 minutes. Elysia came up with a loving, touching, and personal ceremony that was all about the two of us and let us express our promises and vows to each other. The ceremony was perfect for us, and all our guests couldn't stop talking about how touching it was!

100% recommended for your wedding ~ thanks Elysia!!!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Julia · Married on 08/04/2012

Elysia was a delight to work with! She was very responsive from initial contact onwards, and also very flexible with her schedule. She was able to accommodate us on relatively short notice without much ado and was very helpful throughout the whole process, right through to obtaining copies of our wedding certificate.

Sent on 01/19/2013

Natalie · Married on 04/29/2012

If you are in the midst of stressing over wedding details (like we were!), want a reliable, professional, creative officiant and a stress free experience, you will call LA Wedding Woman immediately!

We got married recently and had the pleasure of working with Arielle Haze. My husband and I looked at MANY officiants and none quite fit our expectations until we found Arielle. She is amazing, smart, fun, and very nice to work with. She was easy to reach, always returned calls and emails promptly. She was very knowledgable about the marriage license/certificate process (which we found incredibly confusing) and really helped us organize that. Most importantly though, she was very thoughtful about getting to know us so that she could help us personalize our ceremony, which was very important to us. She is so creative and wrote a beautiful ceremony that we will cherish forever. She arrived early to our wedding and performed a wonderful ceremony that we all enjoyed very much. Our guests were so impressed, many asked where we found her. We strongly, strongly, strongly recommend Arielle and LA Wedding Woman!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Karen · Married on 04/27/2012

Hire LA Wedding Woman! My now husband and I made a quick decision to do a small wedding on the beach. Elysia was able to fit us into her busy schedule and navigate all the tricky legal stuff as well as to design a meaningful, unique ceremony with very little notice. It's really rare to find someone who is competent, professional, creative, and has that intangible quality of positive, loving energy to make your special day that much more special. I did not have the opportunity to use Arielle's services but I've heard from others that she is an excellent officiant and photographer. Can't say enough good things!

Sent on 05/04/2012
  • Q

Quinnie · Married on 04/15/2012

We are extremely happy with our officiant, Elysia! Our guests were impressed with her, too! I was slightly nervous before the ceremony, and she was so sweet and helped me to relax! She is truly amazing! I love her beautiful energy! I would recommend her to all future brides! She is a gem! :)

Sent on 05/04/2012

Linda · Married on 03/17/2012

I was so not enamoured with the whole wedding planning process, including the task of finding an officiant. I Googled "officiants", particularly liking the idea of having a woman marry us, came across LA Wedding Woman, and never looked back! Elysia was so responsive to all of our questions and had a lovely ceremony that we could build around. She was easy to work with and very non-judgmental as far as anything we wanted to add......or anything we never got around to adding! We were so lucky to also find our photographer at the same time (Arielle, Elysia's sister). Elysia was always easy to contact and quick to respond via email or phone. On the day of our wedding, she arrived early and made sure we were both doing OK. She printed out copies of the readings for our 2 family members who took part in the ceremony, and helped us and them to relax. We had not wanted any religious aspect to our ceremony, and the ceremony was still meaningful and included our family and friends. She made the official part of the officiating very simple, all our legal documents were signed and notarised by Elysia at our ceremony site and we received our marriage certificate by mail less than 3 weeks later. So easy! I would highly recommend Elysia and Arielle at LA Wedding Woman.

Sent on 06/13/2012

Jeremy · Married on 02/29/2012

Elysia officiated our wedding. We had a secret ceremony and eloped last week and we couldn't have been happier with her. She made it special but kept it simple and she seemed to be as genuinely delighted by the event as we were.

We could not imagine a better person with whom to share our secret, special day.

Sent on 03/06/2012

Amira · Married on 01/11/2012

We decided on a Monday to get married on Wednesday which didn't leave much time for organizing. First on the list was to find someone special to marry us. It was 9pm at night and I wrote an email to her- a random name on a website- thinking we would hear back the next day. Much to my surprise we got a return phone call right away! We spoke to her and she gave us the quick and easy run down of wedding options. She made it feel simple and put us at ease right away. And now that we had someone to marry us we had to figure out where to do it! I knew I wanted to get married on the beach in the sand at sunset but couldn't figure out a nice private place to do it! I asked Elysia and she gave a suggestion and it was the perfect fit and was exactly my vision!

When it came time to perform the ceremony she took time with each of us helping us to get centered. She offered some grounded guidance that set the tone of beauty, love and comfort for the entire wedding.

We were so blessed to have found LA Wedding woman Elysia! She did so much more then just performing a ceremony- and everyday I remember how she made us feel!
    I highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/06/2012

Valerie · Married on 12/03/2011

I have to give Elysia a 5 out of 5 rating on everything because she was the best officiant we could ask for, going above and beyond and guiding us through everything we needed to know about the marriage process. She was always available to answer our questions and work with us to customize our ceremony. We felt like we were in good hands and had nothing to worry about and our special day went flawlessly. Thanks, Elysia!

Sent on 04/11/2012

Will · Married on 12/02/2011

We loved working with Elysia on our last-minute wedding. She knew how to give us just enough guidance while helping to create a ceremony that was uniquely us -- and a special event that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. She and her husband (who came along as a witness) also did double-duty as photographers and videographers.

We were a little at a loss when finding an officiant over the Internet and figuring out everything we needed to do for a proper hitching, but Elysia made it easy. She also has a great spirit of fun that will enliven any ceremony -- large or small. We're very happy to have found her, and we're grateful for the role she played in our ceremony.

Sent on 04/22/2012

Tracy · Married on 09/24/2011

We had the fabulous Elysia Skye from LA Wedding Woman officiate our wedding day....both our private ceremony AND our larger ceremony with family and friends. She was easy to work with and really did a great job personalizing our ceremony. We received a lot of compliments about her delivery in our ceremony and would recommend her to anyone getting married. Thank you Elysia for making our wedding day extremely memorable and special.

Sent on 11/14/2011

Gavin · Married on 08/15/2010

We were so fortunate to have Elysia officiate our wedding. Her guidance, professionalism and patience made our wedding day even more exceptional and enjoyable. We appreciated the time she took with us to thoroughly explain the entire process as well as the clear and reliable communication she provided along the way. In the midst of the natural challenges that come along with planning a wedding, we felt truly taken care of with Elysia. We highly recommend her for any wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2011

Anne · Married on 03/09/2018

Elysia did a great job helping us to customize and plan our wedding ceremony. For an extra fee she helped to run our rehearsal the evening before, which I am really glad for because it helped ease our and our parents' minds for the big day. She was very warm and kind and helped to calm our nerves beforehand. She was particularly graceful in the way she helped smooth over some unexpected (externally related) bumps during the ceremony and helped keep things moving along. I'm very glad we went with Elysia because her guidance helped to solidify our vision of our wedding and made us feel well-taken care of.

Sent on 03/22/2018