La Venta Inn Reviews

La Venta Inn 5
La Venta Inn 6
La Venta Inn 7

Blair · Married on 06/24/2015

What a great venue to have a wedding at great all around service and facility for a wedding.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Christina · Married on 06/13/2014

Beautiful location, great staff! very professional and friendly!

Sent on 09/12/2014

Anne Marie · Married on 05/15/2014

The moment my son and his future bride saw the La Venta Inn they were sold on the location. As mother of the groom and a former catering sales manager for the Marriott, I found the La Venta Inn to be a wonderful place to have your ceremony and reception. The location is amazing! The views, sunset and panoramic night views of the city were perfect for great photos. Lesile, who oversaw the entire event was terrific. We could not have asked for a better person to attend to every detail of the wedding. She always maintained her composure and I know that can be challenging with there are alot of details to attend to. The quality of the food and professionalism were 5 stars across the board. I would so recommend the La Venta Inn for anyone having an event and I mean any event. We stayed in Redondo Beach which was a very short drive to the Inn. All in all it was a perfect wedding. Thank you Leslie! and thank you La Venta Inn!!

Sent on 05/20/2014

I love this place. My husband and I knew right from the moment we first saw this place that this is the one. The view is perfect. My guests love the place. In fact everyone even went outside to have pictures taken during sunset. The food is great. Everyone can't stop talking about the view and the food. It was an amazing experience for us. Really made our wedding perfect.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Katherine · Married on 06/22/2013

La Venta Inn, in my opinion, is the most beautiful place in OC to get married. I got engaged less than a week before I was leaving for Singapore to start a job, and hoped to find a place before then. One thing I knew was that I wanted a venue with an ocean view, as my fiance loves the ocean. La Venta Inn was the second place we visited, and on the same day I was going to fly out! The moment we saw it, we knew that it was the right place for us. It's just such a breathtaking venue, with a charming and rustic feel, gorgeous gardens, award-winning food, and outstanding service. We liked it so much that we committed to a contact right then and there, and chose our wedding date based on their availability!

Nyleen was assigned as our wedding coordinator, and from the beginning through the end, she was amazing to work with. You can imagine how much more difficult it is to plan a wedding with the bride and groom situated abroad. However, she demonstrated endless patience with us as we decided on the menu items, ceremony and reception logistics, and more. My dad who was able to attend the taste testing commented on how professional and competent Nyleen was. She was very responsive with her emails, which helped to ease the stress related to planning, and esp. given the distance. We were able to rest assured that everything would be wonderful in her hands. Eventually when we came back to Los Angeles the week of the wedding, we met in person and finalized all the details and she helped us have a great wedding rehearsal.

On the day of, Nyleen made the wedding run smoothly. She also ensured that we had time to eat, and was thoughtful enough to pack a bag for us of the hors d'oeuvres and entrees for a midnight meal. And speaking of the food, it was absolutely delicious and gourmet - seriously, the best food I've ever had at a wedding! All in all, Nyleen made our wedding day be magical and memorable. We highly recommend her and La Venta Inn!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Adriene · Married on 05/17/2013

We had the best experience at La Venta Inn. Every staff member was so helpful and kind. The beautiful views, the wonderful staff, the management and the whole ambiance was absolutely perfect. From the time we first visited La Venta Inn, until we were packing up and leaving on our wedding night, we had a great experience with everything that was carried out leading up to our big day.

They were so organized and had everything together, I had no doubts or worries on the day of our wedding that it would go smoothly. Each staff member was on top of everything that was going on during our wedding day, which eased my stress.

It was also very clean, and very well kept up. And they had great communication with us if things changed, and as we finished up the last little details.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Wendy · Married on 05/05/2012

Having my wedding at La Venta Inn was the most important and the best decision I made! I wouldn’t have it anywhere else!
    1)The view is breathtaking and irreplaceable.
    2)The atmosphere is intimate and romantic.
    3)Saying the place is beautiful is an understatement.
    4)The food and service are great.
    5)Kelly, my onsite planner is always prompt, polite, efficient, warm, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, professional, and prepared.
    6)Guests commented that the place was gorgeous and it was the best wedding they had ever been too.
    7)At the end of the night, they packed us two complete meals with drinks and cakes to take home. That was so thoughtful!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Jamie · Married on 03/12/2011

I just had my wedding at La Venta Inn 1.5 weeks ago (3/12/11) and it was beautiful. As soon as we saw the view at this venue and experienced the amazing customer service, all of the others were out - we decided on La Venta Inn for our wedding ceremony and reception site. We had Tim Kennedy as our on-site coordinator and he was exceptional. Tim met with us often and he and I e-mailed each other daily to go over details and he answered all of my many questions - he was always quick to reply and pleasant; he has a great sense of humor! He handled every detail for us making me less stressed. Our ceremony was gorgeous outside and our reception was also beautiful. Tim and the staff looked out for us throughout the night - they made sure we ate and asked us how we wanted certain things to happen - before the ceremony they had cheese and crackers and champaign for us and after our ceremony they had appetizers and champaign waiting for us in the cottage - they even sent us home with a beautiful basket including two dinners, all appetizers, our menu we made, and flowers in it. People loved the food and the intimate feel to the place. A few people told me that it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to and they wanted their wedding to be there. The service that night was perfect as well. We have no complaints - well one, we were bummed it was over! The grounds are gorgeous too - the bridal cottage is so adorable. I didn't want my wedding reception at a "same old" banquet room and this was so far from "same old". I can't wait to get our pictures! We used vendors from their recommended vendor list and absolutely loved all of them. NYFC/LA Venta was also flexible with us in some pricing and other details. Our awesome vendors were: Dwight Kennedy Band (so great), George Carranza (photographer), Taka from Be Buds florist, On Tape Video Production, One World Limousine, and make-up by Minh (so sweet and beautiful job on my make-up). Greg from Saints Studio Santa Monica is my hair stylist of 7 years and did our hair (great job), and Sarah at Haute Tan (mobile air brush tanning) did a fabulous job on our tanning. Rabbi Brian Meyer and Father Norm Supancheck did an excellent job for our interfaith ceremony - people kept talking about how great the Rabbi was. ALL of our vendors and LA Venta Inn (and Tim) were incredible. I hope this helps!

Sent on 03/24/2011
  • Peter

Peter · Married on 12/30/2010

La Venta Inn was an absolutely fantastic venue for our wedding on December 30th 2010. It was the second place we went to see for possible venue locations and once we saw the view and the beautiful grounds we made our decision.
    I read many reviews where couples were saying that their guests had said their wedding at La Venta was the best they'd ever been to! Well, now my guests are saying that too.
    The quality of service is excellent. Our co-ordinator changed mid-way through the planning so we did have to make any extra trip up there to go over a few things but it was not problem. The quality of food was absolutely spectacular. My guests were raving on the day to the point where i abandoned circulating and headed for the pasta bar - i then had one of the best pastas ive ever had in my life flambe'd by the chef right there in front of me. It was absolutely fantastic! we recommend the stations! our guests loved it. We had about 90 people and it was just the perfect size. You can squeeze in some more but not too many. I don't think i'd recommend for more than 130 people.

I guess what we loved best about La Venta is that it takes the sting out of much of the planning as they have the linens, chairs, catering and ceremony equipment on site - so it greatly limits the need for additional vendors.

They were also flexible with their pricing and included a few optional extras without charge.

These guys know what they're doing so give them a try! They aren't the cheapest but it's worth it!

Sent on 01/25/2011

Somina · Married on 10/16/2009

The venue was exactly what we were looking for. The staff was wonderful, especially our coordinator Mackenzie. The views are amazing, the food was good, a great place for a fairy-tale wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2009

Ak · Married on 10/01/2009

This is the most beautiful venue ever. The location is private and intimate and open all at the same time. The staff are great to work with and think of every last detail. The day of the wedding they took care of so many things without any instruciton from us. I'm so thankful that we chose such a professional company to work with. The food was delicious...everyone raved at how perfect the food, view, staff were. The only hard thing is the cost. In retrospect though, it was worth every penny and then some. As far as flexibility, the staff is great and work with you 100%, but I gave it 4.5 b/c if YOU don't plan far enough in advance, YOU will decrease the flexibility they are able to give you on dates b/c they book up approx 1 year in advance. When we came to look at dates 10 months in advance, almost EVERY Saturday for the coming year had already been reserved. PLAN IN ADVANCE and just book the date, it's worth it!

Sent on 10/13/2009

Chandra · Married on 08/29/2009

Every person at my wedding at La Venta said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. The venue is a little pricey, but so worth it because the view, food, and service are amazing. Roxy was my coordinator, and I don't even have words to describe how wonderful she is. She helped with so many things that weren't part of her job in the planning and kept the night rolling and on schedule. My stepfather was in an accident a week before the wedding and couldn't travel to be there, so the people at La Venta set up skype so he could see the ceremony (thanks to Roxy, Mike, and Giorgio!). The only negative thing to say is that they are so popular, so they book other events and we had to work our rehearsal the day before around an event, and we couldn't get into La Venta to set up until an hour and a half before the wedding because of an event that morning. But it worked out for us.

Sent on 09/01/2009

Jill · Married on 07/10/2008

La Venta is the most beautiful venue. As soon as we drove up the winding roads to the location, and saw the views overlooking the South Bay, we were sold. The old Spanish architecture, the beautiful grounds with flowers everywhere, the lovely Bride's Cottage, were all exactly what we were looking for. It was the perfect location for us. We had both the ceremony and reception there. The size was perfect for us, or for anyone with guests of 100 or less. We were treated with profesionalism and experience from beginning to end. Tim Kennedy was there for us every step of the way, including always being nearby on the day. They handled our many details just the way we wanted. We had heard the food was excellent and were not disappointed there either. The only downside was that you cannot personally meet with their "reclusive" baker and that would have been helpful in avoiding snags, and designing the cake. But it was delicious. The best place to get married in this area. Hands down.

Sent on 08/30/2009

Robyn · Married on 08/17/2007

La Venta and Lauren really worked with the vision my husband and I were looking for to celebrate our wedding day. They understood our need for the little touches and really helped to incorporate them everywhere. We had a blast planning our wedding with Lauren, who allowed us to be as creative as we wanted to be. Sweet Endings made a cake for us that we had chosen from a different pastry chef and it turned out amazing, it truly was the most beautiful and whimsical cake I had ever seen.
    The whole night was magical and I truly appreciate all the hard work that Lauren and La Venta put in to make our wedding day spectacular. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 02/14/2008

amy · Married on 09/23/2006

La Venta was a great wedding location if you want both the ceremony and the reception in one location.

Sent on 10/13/2008

Very nice view!!! Mike is very helpful and friendly. The style is vintage. Not very big, but if you like intimate wedding, this is a good choice!

Sent on 02/25/2017

This is a late review. My husband and I were married in 10/2011. The La Venta was a beautiful backdrop. It was actually my 2nd choice and I'm so glad that the other location fell through. The La Venta was perfect for my intimate ceremony and laid back reception. The food cake was delicious.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2012

3.5

La Venta Inn was perfect from start to finish- my friends and family are still raving about it calling it a "fairytale". There is not a more beautiful panorama view in Los Angeles & the building is vintage So Cal, a little Spanish style a little old Hollywood. The food is fantastic, something for everyone & all customizable. The grounds are perfectly manicured with flowers everywhere (it even smells good), that view starts as soon as you arrive at the ample parking lot. We went into wedding planning with a very laid back, beach party plan & hit road blocks at every turn, finally agreeing to look at a few venues. La Venta was the first place we went & once Lauren showed us around we were bowled over- nothing else could compare. I was afraid of feeling like I was in a wedding factory by going to a traditional route, but they really make it feel private and intimate (with the perks of their "factory" skills- they truly are an efficient, well oiled machine). We were assigned to the coordinator Kelly who was absolutely amazing! She was sweet, enthusiastic & totally on the ball. I loved how she was incredibly organized & yet understood how important all the little details are to a bride. I felt like nothing could go wrong in her hands & I was right, even my anxious mom trusted her! Brides should beware that La Venta isn't perfect for every wedding: it is expensive, fairly small & there are a lot of rules! They have extremely strict sound guidelines due to the neighborhood, so if you have your heart set on a rock band look elsewhere. All that said we have no regrets, it turned out perfectly & we have memories to last a lifetime. When we had questions or issues during the planning process management was quick to respond & handled everything appropriately. I'm so proud to tell people about it and share our photos, & recently met a couple who got married there over a decade ago who got tears in their eyes talking about their special day in this very special place!

Sent on 12/02/2012

marsha · Married on 11/14/2009

My daughter's wedding reception was at La Venta Inn November 2009. I did most of the planning and interacting with the staff, especially with our event coordinator, Tim Kennedy. The entire experience was a delight. Tim was absolutely amazing through the whole process. He had such a gracious, low key manner but always got the job done. When we were getting down to the wire, we were exchanging emails almost daily, working out each detail. There was another wedding at the site that afternoon before our event, so there was very little time for La Venta to break down everything from that wedding and set up our many hanging candles, flowers, linens, etc. Everything was stunning when we arrived. NYFC's cuisine was delish. The wedding cake they prepared was exquisite and done exactly as we had requested. We are so grateful for all the beautiful memories made possible by La Venta.

Sent on 12/18/2010

Stephanie · Married on 11/30/2018

Amazing location/view, professional experience

We got married at La Venta Inn on 11/30/18. From the first tour of this beautiful property, we knew it was where we had to get married. We had such a perfect night, everything exceeded our expectations. We would definitely recommend La Venta to other couples.

Location: I mean, we fell in love with and basically paid for the location/view. Pictures don't do it justice. We were fortunate that it rained the day before our wedding so it cleared LA and got to see all the way across the city. Even at night, the view is stunning with all the city lights down the coast. The reception was inside and is a perfect intimate setting for the 85 guests we had. The rest of the property boasts a lot of various scenery for gorgeous photos. Just be warned that it is quite a drive up through winding PV, so we hired a bus to help transport our imbibing guests ;)

Food/Drink: New York Food Company knows what they are doing for sure. There are quarterly tasting events where you can enjoy sampling the food (I'd recommend sharing w/significant other). I will say that the food the night of was way better than the tasting and everyone came away RAVING about it. The cake gets outsourced to Torrance Bakery, but they were very easy to work with and the cake was delicious as well.

Venue Coordinator: Leslie was excellent and ensured that all of our details were executed and provided a completely stress-free night for me. This isn't La Venta's first rodeo: they provide all their couples with a tray of appetizers and champagne to the cottage post-ceremony, as well as a to-go bag of more appetizers, full entrees (even though we ate a good amount of ours), and the top layer of the cake wrapped up nicely for the freezer.

Sent on 01/13/2019

Marlo · Married on 04/25/2015

The moment we visited the property of La Venta, we knew this was the place for us. Its elegant and yet simple, with amazing views of the ocean, beautiful architecture and landscaped grounds. Perfect for a wedding up to 150. NY Food Company is their food vendor which although we were not too impressed during our tasting, the day of the wedding we (and our guests) have never tasted better wedding food or been served so much! Torrance Bakery is their cake vendor who is equally as amazing. But besides the gorgeous venue, another wonderful thing of having your wedding at La Venta is the amazing staff. Leslie was our coordinator and worked with me every step on the way, every question was answered and on the day of, despite the gusts of wind and the threat of rain in the beginning, everything went perfectly. She was amazing! I love this venue and if I could do it all over again, I would, right here! It may be a bit pricey however the venue speaks for itself and I would HIGHLY recommend. It was my dream wedding.

Sent on 05/27/2015
  • Y

Liz · Married on 02/06/2012

They are awesome! They did a great job withe verything.

Sent on 03/15/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/16/2011

3.0

I could not have asked for a more beautiful setting for my wedding. La Venta's beauty speaks for itself but the staff make it undeniably a premier wedding venue in Southern California.

Kelly was our coordinator and was professional, responsive and on top of every detail the entire 14 months we worked with her.

The food was incredible. I was worried b/c the tasting that they hold for clients is a group event for all couples and served buffet style. I didn't love the setting but a private tasting was $300. However, we had friends who had been to weddings before at La Venta and raved about the food. They were spot on. Everything from the hors d' ouvres to the dessrts (we had a buffet) was delicious!

The only drawback is the spacing, which for us at 125 guests wasn't an issue, but anything beyond 130/140 max would be pushing it. Also, we were disappointed to only be allowed to have our band play until 10pm. It is nothing La Venta can control, residential issue, but nonetheless still a drawback.

I would not change a thing about my wedding day and La Venta and its incredible staff was the primary reason.

Sent on 08/04/2011

Chelsea · Married on 05/12/2017

Our experience at La Venta Inn was phenomenal. We loved the staff and the venue. Our guests were raving about our food for weeks after the wedding (so rare at a wedding!). You can't beat the gorgeous views and the feel at the venue. My only complaint was that toward the end of the process some of the communication from our day of coordinator was not 100% on, however, when I did get a hold of someone they were extremely accommodating. This was the best place we could've picked to start our lives together!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/04/2015

We had our wedding here a few weeks ago and cannot say enough good things. Mike and the team were fantastic from the start. From the second we walked in we knew this was the place - the garden and view were the selling points for sure. We were looking for something Californian and intimate and La Venta Inn fits the bill. The customer service was a bonus.

Pearl was our coordinator and was responsive, helpful and pleasant throughout. The New York Food Company catering and cake from Torrance Bakery were delicious. The staff created the perfect atmosphere and the night was so special as a result.

So glad we picked La Venta for our wedding.

Sent on 11/06/2015