La Venta Inn Reviews

La Venta Inn 6
La Venta Inn 7
  • Pia

Pia · Married on 06/30/2011

Great Locatoin. I loved to be there.

Sent on 08/01/2011
  • F

Francesca · Married on 05/23/2011

Great Locatoin. I loved to be there.

Sent on 08/01/2011

Resha · Married on 01/01/2011

I coordinated a destination wedding for a Texas client this past January at La Venta Inn. In doing so, I had the extreme pleasure of working with Tim Kennedy and the La Venta crew. I have coordinated weddings for MANY years, and Tim is one of the best on-site coordinators I have ever worked with. Caring, carismatic, classy, cooperative, and cool-under-pressure. Tim made my job 100 times easier. And the entire La Venta staff, was spot-on. The food was exceptional and the service impeccable. I would work with Tim and the crew again in a HEARTBEAT. I hope our paths cross again one day, Tim!

Sent on 01/25/2011

Resha · Married on 01/01/2011

I coordinated a destination wedding for a Texas client this past January at La Venta Inn. In doing so, I had the extreme pleasure of working with Tim Kennedy and the La Venta crew. I have coordinated weddings for MANY years, and Tim is one of the best on-site coordinators I have ever worked with. Caring, carismatic, classy, cooperative, and cool-under-pressure. Tim made my job 100 times easier. And the entire La Venta staff, was spot-on. The food was exceptional and the service impeccable. The bride & groom couldn't have been happier! I would work with Tim and the crew again in a HEARTBEAT. I hope our paths cross again one day, Tim!

Sent on 01/25/2011

Ambie · Married on 10/17/2010

I cannot say emough great things about La Venta. This is the first time I am writing a review for any business establishment, because I've never really been inspired to do so before. My husband and I got married at La Venta on October 17, 2010, and it far exceeded our expectations -- it was just magical. The venue is so unique and just stunning, which is immediately apparent when you visit. The food is great. But I think what made the night so spectacular was the incredible staff - they assign you with a wedding coordinator and ours (Tim) was just awesome! Absolutely on top of everything, and also just a very calm and pleasant person to guide us through this process (which by the way, we got a late start, just 4 months in advance of the wedding). The staff working the wedding is also amazing -- so professional, competent, organized, and very friendly. The night went without a hitch, everyone had a blast, and we could not have asked for a more amazing wedding. We are still talking about how choosing La Venta was the best decision ever.

Sent on 12/12/2010
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 09/20/2010

I love you, La Venta! This is the venue of my dreams, and Tim and MacKenzie helped me realize the wedding of my dreams. Thank you! The food is delicious (and I know food), the venue is stunning and cozy, and the staff is friendly, professional, and just wonderful. I'm so happy I had my wedding at La Venta, it was perfect!

Sent on 09/24/2010

Caroline · Married on 09/18/2010

La Venta was the perfect combination of wonderful things we wanted for our small wedding ceremony and reception. We were on the road to eloping when we came across La Venta. On an impulse, we made an appointment to tour the venue, and we booked a date less than three months out for a 30 guest intimate event. The team at La Venta and NYFC were very helpful in coordinating every aspect of our event from the food/bar to working with all of our vendors (which were all on the vendor list - very useful!), and we didn't experience any of the wedding planning drama we so badly wanted to avoid! Tim K. was our coordinator, who helped "fill in the blanks" when we didn't think of (or want to deal with) wedding details, and he helped maintain our low stress level throughout the very short planning period. With the help of Tim K. and the vendor list, we managed to plan the entire wedding in 10 days without scimping on details or quality. The food is also incredible - we had the five course white glove service, and all of our guests raved about the cocktail hour, dinner, and even the cake. La Venta gave us the perfect combination of relaxed outdoor/beach and sophisticated ballroom wedding atmospheres. We will definitely use La Venta and/or NYFC to cater future events.

Sent on 10/17/2010

Allison · Married on 08/29/2010

My wedding was a dream come true for me and I am so grateful for the staff at La Venta Inn for assisting me with it all. The venue was beautiful and the staff was very gracious as well as accomodating. If I had it to do all over again I would not change a thing. We would like to thanko Mike Halish and Mckenzie Adams for making our fairytale come true. They were the best.

Sent on 09/22/2010

Lindsey · Married on 07/04/2010

We had the most incredible experience having our wedding at La Venta Inn! My fiancé and I had a few things in mind that we wanted when we began looking for our wedding venue. We wanted a place that was unique, personal, and had food that our guests would actually like:) So when my fiance first showed me the website for La Venta Inn, I immediately fell in love with it! It had all the things we were looking for: it had personality and it was quite unique( an old historic Spanish Villa on top of beautiful Palos Verdes), with a view of the Queen's Necklace Coastline. It was also owned by the New York Food Company, so we knew they specialized in food as well. It sounded perfect!
    When we went to look at La Venta, a gentleman named Tim gave us a tour of the site. It had a beautiful garden with a gazebo that overlooked the coast. It was breathtaking! The reception area had the feel of being in someone's house. It was cozy, yet elegant, with large windows facing the view of the water and the city. There was a sweet bridal cottage on one side of the venue, with a cool "guys" groom's room located on the other side. The ballroom had a rustic feel, with high beamed ceilings, and a mantle fireplace. In the entrance was a courtyard, with a cute garden and fountain. It was such a charming and special place; I knew we found the place for us. The gentleman Tim, who was helping us that day, was very personable, knowledgeable, and I remember him really taking the time to talk to us and answer our questions. We really liked him and he left a great impression on us. One of the highlights Tim mentioned was that every couple would be assigned a coordinator for the day of, who would be working with the couple on the planning and logistics in the months prior. Another plus!!! It didn't take us long to decide and book our date, July 4th, 2010! We really got lucky the date was still open since it was a big holiday weekend( we booked over a year in advance) . While filling out the application, my fiancé and I had the same hope, that we would be blessed with having Tim as our coordinator. Luckily to our surprise, he was later assigned to our wedding!!!
    We attended a food tasting probably about 9 months prior to the wedding. It was such a cool experience. The venue was decorated with different colored lights and beautiful table settings that gave us a feel for what it would be like possibly for our own wedding. The menu had a lot of variation and we got to sample a number of appetizers, entrees, and cake. We tried so many delicious foods (be sure to check off what you like) and it reassured us that we chose the right venue! If food is a big thing for you, like it was for us, La Venta is the place! All of the La Venta staff that evening was professional, friendly, and very accommodating.
    We communicated and worked with Tim about 6-8 months prior. He was very resourceful and always quick to respond through email. He helped us with all sorts of ideas for the venue (tables, linens, lights, cake etc.), the layout of the day, details of the ceremony and reception, and coordinating with our vendors. We couldn't have done it without him! One thing I remember Tim telling us that was reassuring, was that his main role above all was to take care of us for the day, and that he'd be taking on the full responsibility of making sure everything was running accordingly as we planned. We definitely felt comforted and he did fulfill his promise!
    Our wedding day was more than amazing and everything we wanted! The food was so delicious, we had the double entree of Flat Iron Steak and Chicken Toscano with a mixed green salad with mandarins/raspberries and edible flowers. My mother is allergic to raspberries and Tim even made sure that her raspberries were taken out beforehand. Our guests loved the food, the venue, the view, and not to mention, we also got a ton of fireworks!!! We had about 170 guests, which included having some guests on the outside patio. We were initially a little worried about having any guests outside, but it actually worked out fine. The weather was comfortable (heat lamps if needed) and our guests outside had front row seats overlooking the view; with the doors open, speakers, and glass windows, they were still very much included with the rest of the dining area. Tim kept us on track and informed throughout the course of the day. My husband and I were well taken care of and didn't have to worry about anything. Our guests even mentioned how well of a job our coordinator did and how he was very accommodating and cool. We couldn't of asked for anything more!! Thank you so much Tim K. and La Venta for making our wedding forever memorable and special to us! Our family and friends often comment on how our wedding was one of the funnest weddings they've ever experienced! We will be forever grateful.

Sent on 07/22/2011

Julianne · Married on 06/26/2010

When we first visited La Venta Inn, the first thing we noticed was how absolutely breathtaking the view was. After we picked our jaws up from the floor, we were greeted by Charla, who gave us a nice tour of the property even though we did not set up an appointment in advance. She was very friendly and patient and she really took the time to answer all our questions without making us feel neglected or pressured. Just from this first impression, we could already tell how excellent their customer service was. We kept in touch with Charla by email afterwards and she continued to promptly answer any further questions we had. She even went as far as offering us some serious discounts for picking a wedding date that was only about 6 months away. Once we signed the contract with La Venta, we were assigned to Tim Kennedy as our day-of coordinator. He did a fantastic job from day one in planning our wedding day. He always promptly responded to our emails and phone calls and was very flexible for our needs. We felt very taken care of throughout the whole process. When our wedding day came, we were able to enjoy the day without any stress or problems because Tim was working hard in the background keeping everything running smoothly. The entire day went without a hitch! What more can we ask for than that? Even our guests commented how smoothly the day went and how organized everything was. Some even said that our wedding was probably the best wedding they've ever been to! Thank you La Venta for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 08/08/2010

Tammy · Married on 05/08/2010

Absolutely breathtaking. The view from La Venta is worth a million bucks. Sadly you pay almost that much, but hey... you only get married once. Just kidding, it's not that bad and they don't have any hidden fees or extras, so up front you know what you need to pay. So my then fiance and I picked this venue because of the spectacular scenery, but after paying the first installment, I started to have second thoughts. Then I met with my coordinator Tim Kennedy. Good god was he a miracle worker! From my midnight e-mails to my control freakish behavior leading up to the big day Tim was an angel! He helped me through all the alcohol planning, and details of what to have in the courtyard and was always so supportive! He's so phenomenally organized and coming from a freak of a type A person, that's a HUGE compliment. I really wanted to do the whole wedding myself, but having someone to bounce ideas off of, other than my fiance and gal pals (someone who has done probably thousands of weddings) was really indispensable. And I probably would have had a breakdown the day of, but Tim took care of all the little things that came up, probably did such a good job I didn't realize anything was up till after the wedding and I asked some of the bridal party! So by the time the final payment was due I was so happy to have Tim I had no issues with the check. Book La Venta, then book Tim as your coordinator you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/01/2010
  • Y

Y · Married on 03/10/2010

I had the pleasure of working with Tim Kennedy at La Venta back in June of 2010. Being a wedding planner myself, having someone like Tim who is very on top of his game and flexible helped me with my clients who were planning from San Francisco. He always returned mails and phone calls promptly. New York Food Company provided a delicious menu for that wedding day and with the help of Tim, made everything seamless. I recommend La Venta Inn and New York Food Company over and over for it's excellence in food, service, quality, and location.

Sent on 02/01/2011

Camille · Married on 12/12/2009

We recently had our wedding at La Venta. It was spectacular and more than we could have hoped for. They provide you with a personal coordinator who works with you throughout the planning and is there on the day of the wedding (included in the price.) The venue itself is gorgeous and intimate. The view is killer and the price is reasonable (which are both tough to find in LA.) LA Venta is catered by the New York Food Co which has such fresh and delicious food. The presentation of the food was beautiful and the guests raved about it.
    On our wedding day, it rained (it felt more like a hurricane in LA!!!) but no worries, our coordinator moved everything to Plan B without batting an eye. And it all turned out perfectly! Every staff, from the servers to the bartenders, were super professional and very helpful.
    If you are looking for a more intimate, unique wedding venue with wonderful food and a breathtaking view, La Venta is the place for you!

Sent on 12/29/2009
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/14/2009

The best place ever! I have always wanted to get married here and my wedding was everything I imagined it would be. Mackenzie my planner was awesome and the food is delish! Thank You La Venta!

Sent on 11/29/2009

lily · Married on 10/04/2009

We got married earlier this month at La Venta and had a blast there. The venue is gorgeous and worth every penny!!! During the wedding planning process, we made a few visits to La Venta to go over details, rehearsals, etc. and each time we saw the view there we knew that we were making the right choice. It was just as beautiful on the actual day, even better once the flowers were up and everything was set up. The venue is so beautiful that you do not need much else- we did some flowers and candles and that's pretty much all you need. The food was awesome there- there are so many varieties to select from, and you can bring your own liquor. The venue also comes witha wedding coordinator. Ours was Roxy who is very knowledgeable, easy going, and nice. Our guests loved the venue and food, and can't stop raving about our wedding. We are so pleased to have had our wedding there and can't wait to see the pics!

Sent on 10/31/2009

Betty · Married on 09/12/2009

Understated elegance. La Venta, its staff, and New York Food Company all have a way of wowing you, without being in your face about it. The pictures speak for themselves with regard to how heavenly La Venta looks sitting on top of a hill overlooking the ocean. However, it truly was our easy, painless, fun experience with the staff & New York Food Company that would make me recommend La Venta to any engaged couple without hesitation. From the moment we toured the property to the very last good byes at the wedding, our coorindator, Tim Kennedy, was there, answering emails, organized, and ready to go. I never had to worry because Tim was always one step ahead. His sweet and patient demeanor can calm any anxious bride.

There are many beautiful places where you can get married, but there aren't very many places where you are ensured peace of mind on your wedding day.

Sent on 11/04/2009

Jenni · Married on 03/28/2009

From the moment I walked onto the property I fell in love with this site. Our experience was exactly what we expected: our family and friends together at a beautiful place. Yet we got so much more: our photos had stunning views of either the ocean, the sunset or the city lights. (That�s probably another reason why our photos and video came out so good.) Friends are constantly telling us that it was the best wedding that they�ve ever been to. Now that�s a good feeling.

What made La Venta special is their unsurpassed team that made our wedding run perfect. That�s one thing that makes them stand out above other sites. Every staff member that I came into contact with was kind and helpful. Sara was our coordinator (she also works at the Verandas) and did a fantastic job. She directed everything from the valet parking, to the serving of the cake and even packed us a picnic basket since we were too busy talking to have time to eat. By the way, the food was fantastic. We got to attend a tasting several months before our wedding to sample all the options� I�d love to go to that again!

Sent on 08/14/2009

Nathalia · Married on 02/28/2009

Tim Kennedy was our coordinator and he was awesome. Everything was perfect and he was very accomodating. The catering staff were also very accomodating when we asked to have some appetizers that were not on their list. The view is gorgeous, everyone said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to! Definitely worth the $$$. You also save $ by bringing your own alcohol.

Sent on 03/24/2009

Michelle · Married on 12/13/2008

It's not uncommon for someone in the LA area to recognize La Venta Inn - either because they got married there themselves (two of my bosses!) or they've been a guest at a wedding there. Either way, they will tell you its great - from the best views to really good food (in terms of wedding food, that is). I didn't need those reassurances to pick the place, although it definitely didn't hurt to hear them!
    You are paying for three things - an absolutely fabulous view that would be hard to find anywhere else, really good food that knocks out most the competition (definitely beats all hotel food), and a day-of wedding coordinator who helps you along the way, not to mention really helpful staff.
    No matter what the day is - rainy, cloudy, sunny, or breezy - the view still manages to have its own beauty. Our wedding day was ridiculously breezy but because it wasn't raining, we went ahead with the outdoor ceremony and it was worth shivering in the cold! Pictures are priceless. The ocean, coastline, sunset, very well maintained garden/landscaping... what more could you ask for?
    The NYFC caters the event and there's just so much to choose from and while it may seem expensive at first, it's really just as competitive as other venues because all overhead and extra costs are built into the price of the food. We did the stations and got raving reviews for the food. It didn't feel like a buffet, it didn't smell, and the lines moved quickly. Granted, we didn't really see it up close and personal since they have a waiter attending to your every needs, but that's what our guests said.
    And lastly, a really wonderful staff. Our coordinator was so helpful, very patient, and just a pleasure to work with. The whole staff at La Venta is very nice and courteous as well. My mother was most impressed and that's not an easy task!
    Oh and you can bring your own alcohol, which is something we personally enjoyed (to an extent..).

Sent on 12/30/2008

Stephanie · Married on 07/06/2008

We used La Venta Inn only for the reception (you can be married there as well) but it was an exquisitely beautiful venue with an incredible staff.

I had the luck to work with Tim Kennedy as my wedding coordinator and he was fantastic. Nothing was too difficult or too demanding for Tim. He went out of his way to help me with my planning, and made my job very easy as I did not use a wedding planner but did everything myself.

He had great ideas, was extremely flexible in terms of working with me as to how I wanted the event to run, never made me feel like I was asking too much, and guided me in certain areas where I was unsure of what I wanted.

We worked together over a 5 month period and he was always responsive to my needs. I felt he went above and beyond what most venue coordinators would do. He made me feel like mine was the only wedding he was working on.

The venue itself was fantastic. The staff all the way around (the catering department, the office staff, the servers & bartenders) was exceptionally professional and made the evening run perfectly and smoothly. I never felt rushed and although the word is that your night goes by too quickly, that was an understatement - the night could have gone on forever.

In terms of the menu, we had the luck of meeting with the chef who worked with us on choosing a menu that combined choices from a few different options. The food and our wedding cake were delicious and the presentation was excellent.

The wait staff was incredibly attentive, my wine glass was never empty and they took great care of me and my groom making sure we were served first among the guests.

I got more compliments from my guests about how beautiful and professional and fabulously fun my wedding was and I owe a great deal of that to Tim Kennedy and the staff of La Venta Inn.

I HIGHLY recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/08/2008

Kelly · Married on 06/28/2008

I am SOOO GLAD I chose La Venta. It was the first venue I saw and we put our deposit down on the spot! Tim was my coordinator and he was professional, very helpful, and was on top of everything every second! The venue includes onsite catering and they provide all chairs, linens, silverware and glassware. The venue is absolutely breathtaking and worth every penny!

Sent on 08/05/2008

Janice · Married on 03/15/2008

We searched for what feels like hundreds of ceremony and reception locations and as soon as we saw La Venta, we knew it was perfect. Not only is the view just spectacular, the food was fantastic - weeks later, our guests are still talking about it! Our event coordinator, Tim Kennedy, was very responsive and easy to work with. He was ALWAYS around during the wedding and made sure that we had everything we needed.

The staff at La Venta was always available to answer any questions. Tim even did some research on photobooth vendors for us - even though we knew he didn't have to! It really is a fantastic location, especially if you have a guest count of about 100 people. The dining room is nice and intimate, the ceremony gazebo overlooks the beautiful coast line, and I can't say enough about the food! In short, I highly recommend La Venta and upon seeing the place, it became our only choice.

Sent on 12/18/2008

Erica · Married on 08/18/2007

La Venta Inn's venue was a dream and their food (New York Food Company) was excellent! It was the perfect place and we had great ocean views during the wedding day. My event coordinator, Tim, was awesome. He ran through the wedding with us and made sure things went smoothly the night of. Please note that for La Venta Inn, you must go with their caterer. Their food prices were reasonable (especially for a summer weekend wedding) and since you were paying for the food, it made the venue rental for the ceremony only, a steal. I could not recommend them enough and I've had guests wanting to have their weddings at La Venta after attending mine. They have made my wedding memorable and I'm hoping that I'll be able to attend friends' weddings at La Venta in the future.

Sent on 03/07/2008
  • W

Erin · Married on 08/07/2004

All I can say is WOW. WOW, WOW, WOW. La Venta Inn was the most gorgeous place for our wedding and, Emma, our planner was so amazing. Our wedding day went so smoothly (how many brides can say that?!?) because of Emma and the wonderful staff at La Venta. So many of our friends that attended the wedding loved the place so much that they went back for their own weddings too! :)

Sent on 08/19/2009
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 11/29/2001

this location was fantastic. We requested to have an outdoor ceremony, however, it rained earlier in the day and got married indoors instead,which was lovely. The views from the terraces and windows are breath taking.

Sent on 04/11/2009