La Rouge Artistry - On Location Hair & Makeup Reviews

La Rouge Artistry - On Location Hair & Makeup 5
La Rouge Artistry - On Location Hair & Makeup 6
La Rouge Artistry - On Location Hair & Makeup 7

Shana · Married on 04/12/2014

Rachel, the owner of La Rouge Artistry, was able to provide hair and makeup at my wedding. After several frustrating weeks of calling overpriced Santa Barbara hair/makeup companies that had a six-service minimum, or would not travel on site, I was about to throw my hands up in the air when I found Rachel. Thank goodness!

From the first phone call Rachel was warm, completely organized, had no service minimum, and had perfectly reasonable rates. We had a great trial at her home. My fine, straight hair stayed wavy and thick for days after the trial! She was totally open to suggestions with my makeup and understood that I did not want a thick makeup appearance.

On the wedding day she arrived early and kept me calm. I got complements on my hair all night.. she was really able to capture the soft romantic look I was wanting.

I hope I have another occasion in my life to get glammed up, cause I would hire Rachel again in a second!

Sent on 04/26/2014

I had the best experience on my wedding day. The girls Lexi, Crystal, and Rachel were on time which made me less nervous . The team was friendly and professional . It felt like our closest girlfriends were doing our hair and makeup , that's how easy going everyone was. I will definitely use this team again for my future hair/makeup needs. Everyone looked beautiful ... Including me !! :)

Sent on 12/24/2013

I highly recommend La Rouge Artistry. The team is incredibly talented and helpful. The company I originally booked to do hair & makeup never showed up. My bridesmaids called local salons in Santa Barbara the morning of my wedding and we fortunately found La Rouge Artistry. Like most salons, La Rouge was already booked but they were so compassionate and went out of their way to help. Farrah was able to do my makeup before another wedding that she was already booked for. There was another stylist (I wish I could remember her name) who was also able to do my hair and as many as of my bridesmaids’ hair before we had to leave for pictures. They both did such an incredible job and I can’t thank them and La Rouge enough!

Sent on 02/10/2014

Erica · Married on 06/22/2013

I had Cheyenne as my wedding day artist. She was absolutely fantastic. I requested the most natural look possible and she really delivered. She made me and my gals look amazing and she was so delightful to work with. HIIIIIIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Heidi · Married on 04/27/2013

I booked Rachel to do my hair and makeup for my destination wedding in Oxnard, CA in April 2013. I was somewhat nervous about the situation because I wasn't able to do a trial until a few days before the wedding, because I live in NYC. Well, all of my nerves were gone when I met Rachel for the trial. I feel so lucky that I got Rachel! She made me feel very comfortable, was relaxed and totally nailed my ideal hair look (which was a complicated braided updo). Also, I never never wear make up but Rachel made it look very natural which was exactly what I was going for! My pictures turned out beautifully! Seriously, my hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted! In addition, Rachel is a lovely and calming person whom I was very happy to spend time with in the hours leading up to my wedding. I cannot recommend her enough! If you are a destination bride or even a local bride, you will not regret booking here!

Sent on 07/18/2013
  • User3202015 · 2+ years ago

3 words: I love Rachel. She was/is amazing. I must have emailed her every few weeks for 4 or 5 months leading up to my wedding. I kept adding and changing things, and she was super flexible. I ended up having 9 bridesmaids and both the mother of the groom and mother of the bride get hair and make-up done. All my girls looked so beautiful!

A few days before the wedding I had a hair and make-up trial with Rachel. She started with lighter/more natural make-up and slowly built me up to the smoky shadow that I was going for - by not going super smoky super fast, I was able to let her know when I thought she had gotten it just right. My mom came with me to the appointment too - she's really skeptical about other people doing her make-up, but she was so impressed by the way Rachel handled me, that by the end of the appointment my mom was all signed up for lashes and airbrush!

I actually didn't cry at my wedding but I did sweat my butt off on the dance floor. From first to last, my face looks put together in all of my pictures. My bridesmaids had to touch up one or two bobby pins and re-spray my hair once (I had some aggressive huggers at my wedding who knocked the pins loose) but other than that, as soon as she pronounced me camera ready at 3:15, I stayed ready until I crawled into bed 9 hours later.

I would recommend her to anyone who asked! One of my bridesmaids is getting married in New Jersey in June, and she even asked Rachel how far she would travel. Says a lot!

Sent on 04/16/2013
  • Jenniffer & Zack

Jenniffer & Zack · Married on 06/30/2012

Rachel was amazing to work with! She took care of my wedding hair and makeup and I was very pleased with the look. She also took care of my mom and three other girls...modesty aside, we all looked and felt really beautiful. We all got amazing comments on our looks. Two of us had a trial before the wedding, and then changed our ideas a bit, and Rachel completely molded to our new desired looks. Rachel is a pleasure to work with, very punctual, friendly, fun, efficient, and focused on the ideal look that each of us wanted. Highly recommended stylist!!!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Angie · event on 06/30/2012

After several attempts to locate a make-up artist (at the last minute) in the Santa Barbara area, I finally was connected to Rachel J. Perryman. I am so grateful that she was available to do my make-up for my 30th wedding anniversary event. Rachel's professionalism, warmth, and friendliness, made it very easy to trust her with my final look. I felt and looked very glamorous; everything that I envisioned it to be. I am very pleased and happy to refer Rachel to others!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2012

I can not begin to tell you how satisfied and impressed I am by Rachel and her stylists. She was absolutely wonderful to work with. The quality of their work was amazing. My hair and makeup was flawless. I got so many compliments and was so happy with how it all turned out. The entire experience was awesome. I will definitely work with Rachel in the future.

Sent on 06/23/2012

Kari · Married on 06/09/2012

Rachel is a true professional.

The afternoon of my event she showed up on time and equipped with the best of everything needed to do my hair and make-up. She was calm, peaceful, and beyond pleasant which put me in a calm, peaceful, and pleasant mood.

Rachel knew the exact "up-do" to do on me in an effort to compliment my features. She also knew the exact make-up to put on me. I did not even have a consultation with Rachel before my event, I simply communicated to her what I needed/wanted and she understood.

Rachel made me feel beautiful! In what seemed like no time at all, she transformed me into an entirely different woman! I still looked like me, but she knew how to bring out the best in me in an effort to give me a new and classy look! My family and friends were full of compliments and curiosity as to who had done my hair and make-up. I have NEVER had so many people tell me how pretty I looked! And to Rachel, making me look that way was just what she does...it seemed like a piece of cake to her.

Rachel is top-notch! Her talent is HUGE and her sweet personality just adds to the fun of getting yourself dolled up for a special event. I would HIGHLY recommend Rachel!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Margaret · Married on 06/09/2012

First & foremost I want to thank Rachel for being a part of one of the most significant events in our lives. You were an absolute joy to work with & you turned me into a beautiful Bride. Rachel maintained opened communication with me. She would periodically check in to see how my wedding plans were going & whether I had new ideas, changes or concerns (we even discussed our precious children). She was readily available to answer my questions & always eased my nerves (she went beyond her call of duty). The day of my wedding she was on time, arrived to the venue before I did, & was prepared to go. Not once did I have to remind her of the Updo & makeup style I had chosen; she did it by memory & it was exactly what I had requested & envisioned (including the special little tweaks I had made). Rachel also styled my Mother's hair & she looked ravishing. You can see it in her stride that she felt beautiful & confident. Her professionalism, talent & amazing disposition makes this woman my absolute favorite Hair & Makeup Artist! I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Carrie · Married on 06/03/2012

I was getting ready to attend the MTV Movie Awards and needed last minute hair and make-up. Not only was Rachel extremely flexible, but she provided really wonderful, quality work. She listened to my needs, and went above and beyond my expectations!

I wholeheartedly recommend Rachel for ANY occasion--bridal, photo shoot or special event.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Ashley · Married on 05/27/2012

I am so happy that I found Rachel Perryman to do bridal and bridesmaids hair for my wedding! She displayed the highest level of professionalism - communicated clearly, was responsive, showed up early - and did a fantastic job on everyone's hair. One of the bridesmaids chose to have her make-up done in addition to her hair and looked absolutely stunning!

Rachel listened well and made sure my hair was exactly how I wanted it. I loved my bridal up do! It stayed in place all night while looking and feeling natural and comfortable. It looked great in pictures too!

Not only is Rachel an extremely talented and highly professional artist, but she is also a delightful person to be around! So is her assistant, Ashley! They really helped set the stage for a relaxing and wonderful wedding day. I highly recommend Rachel Perryman!

Sent on 06/23/2012
  • LeahLynn

Leah · Married on 05/26/2012

Rachel is a fantastic artist! She was punctual, easy going and fast! I would recommend her to any Bride looking for quality on her wedding day!

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2012

Rachel is the best! She did my hair and makeup for my wedding day and made a "bride-to-be" very happy! Rachel is very professional and very personable; she's just an all around delightful person to work with. I highly recommend Rachel and Vintage Lux and look forward to using her again in the future!

Jacklyn · Married on 04/21/2012

If I had to describe Rachel in one word, it would be...STYLE. She took on the big job of hairstyling me and my army of bridesmaids for my wedding. From my four younger sisters ranging from ages 10-18, to my older bridesmaids, Rachel did a fantastic job. She was able to create a style for each one of us that made us feel comfortable and gorgeous, while also taking into mind what we had envisioned. She made sure that even months before the big day, she had an idea of what each person wanted and on the day of, her creativity and style shined. I appreciate all the time and energy Rachel focused on each bridesmaid and I could not be happier with the way everyones hair turned out. The pictures are priceless and I would recommend Rachel to do hair for any occassion and any style.

Natalie · Married on 03/10/2012

Rachel is phenomenal. She was not only extremely talented but also very professional. She was hired to do my hair and makeup for my wedding. We did a trial before hand and I was so impressed by her creativity and talent that I hired her to do hair and makeup for my entire wedding party... Which was a party of 8. Rachel was set up before the girls and I arrived and although completely booked, was personable with each one of us. She took the time to make each of us very comfortable and make sure we felt beautiful. I recommend Rachel for any event. You will look stunning and feel amazing after she is done with you. Thank you Rachel for making me look so beautiful on my special day!

JEN · Married on 03/03/2012

I LOVE RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR STYLE, CLASS, CUSTOMER SERVICE, PATIENCE, RACHEL IS THE ONE FOR YOU. I BOOKED RACHEL MONTHS BEFORE MY WEDDING FOR MYSELF AND MY BRIDAL PARTY, SHE DID TRIALS ON EACH AND EVERYONE OF US BEFORE THE WEDDING TO MAKE SURE WE WERE COMFORTABLE WITH HER. SHE SPENT TIME ON EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY GIRLS AND THAT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME, CONSIDERING I WAS VERY PRECISE WITH THE TYPE OF STYLE I WANTED MY WEDDING PARTY TO LOOK LIKE. 2 OF MY BRIDESMAIDS ARE NOW ENGAGED AND HAVE BOOKED HER AS WELL! I WOULD RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE, AND EVERYONE. HER WORK DESERVES YOUR BUSINESS. THE WEDDING WAS A HUGE SUCCESS, MY GIRLS LOOKED AMAZING, AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVED MY HAIR. IF I COULD HIRE RACHEL AS MY PERSONAL HAIR STYLIST I WOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genny · Married on 05/27/2017

La Rouge is the absolute best! From my first interaction with Rachel, I had a wonderful feeling about working together. She was extremely encouraging and professional, and always responded within a few days. Her pricing is also very fair for the services you receive. The day of the wedding, Rachel arrived early, and spent the next four and a half hours working nonstop. She did an incredible job with everyone's hair and makeup. Two other artists from her team came, and they were all on par with Rachel. I had never had my makeup professionally done before my wedding day, and I am so grateful that my first time was with the best of them! The day of, we each gave our stylists whatever ideas we had and they did an incredible job of bringing our ideas to life. Overall, La Rouge totally exceeded our expectations. Every one of us (me, my mom, mother-in-law, and my bridesmaids) was overjoyed with how hair and makeup turned out. Thank you Rachel and your amazing team!! We are so grateful!

Sent on 06/13/2017
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/16/2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about La Rouge. Rachel's team came very highly recommended by both a friend who got married last year as well as my wedding planner so I set up a hair and makeup trial for my engagement pictures. Rachel did such a wonderful job and my very-straight hair stayed curly throughout the entire day even while jumping on the beach!For the actual wedding day, I had a very large bridal party with 9 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, the Mother of the Groom and the Mother of the Bride and myself all needing hair and make up to be completed by 1pm that day. Needless to say, we were on a very strict schedule. The La Rouge team-Taylor, Farrah, Sierra and Lea arrived early, set up and had all of my bridal party looking fabulous AHEAD of schedule. They were fun, professional, and were great about incorporating everyone's ideas and Pinterest images into the final look that made each girl look and feel fabulous. We took pictures at the hotel pre-ceremony and last minute, I was nervous that my hair wouldn't survive the outdoor elements so the fabulous artists met me at the venue (15 minutes drive from the hotel) and touched up my hair and makeup as well as the rest of the bridal party's 15 minutes before the ceremony. My bridal party looked amazing and the hair and makeup on all of the bridesmaids stayed in place throughout the entire evening. The packages including airbrush, lashes, hair and full makeup but I loved the fact that there were scalable options (ie one of my bridesmaids wanted "eyes only" The team communicates via email and is very responsive which is great so you can plan and make changes very easily. I had the best weekend of my entire life and looking back, I am SO thrilled by how amazing everyone looked in the pictures-thank you to La Rouge for making one of the most stressful parts of the wedding day EXTREMELY easy. I have already been recommending you to all of my friends and family and am so excited that you will be doing my hair

Sent on 11/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2012

Working with Rachel and her team was such a great experience. From the time I inquired about her rates and availability to the actual wedding day, she was so attentive and so involved. We had a large bridal party and she was so accommodating. Her work and the work of her team was amazing. The makeup and hair were so beautiful and more than I had expected. I highly recommend Rachel for your wedding or any special event!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Beth · Married on 08/22/2015

Hired them to do makeup and hair for my wedding and large wedding party (8 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and bride!) Rachel is AMAZING, she did THE BEST job, I looked really good and natural. She is the main person here, fabulous and couldnt have done any better! Some artists are better than others, but everyone was REALLY professional, sweet, and high quality for the price. Compared to other estimates, they came in at a better price and the same if not better quality than other SB companies! Highly recommend, just make sure you book Rachel for yourself! Shes the best.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Valerie · Married on 10/10/2015

3.2
      2.0
      0.5

I found La Rouge to be professional and prompt in my interactions with them. Rachel was very sweet and a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately, her makeup/hair application was not great. The makeup was not properly set so it melted after a couple of hours. She didn't do any highlighting or contouring (which is necessary for photos) and the lashes she picked were too heavy. With respect to hair, it similarly didn't hold, nor did it have that soft romantic look.

Sent on 10/30/2015