20 Reviews for La Prima Catering

Asian (1)
Organic (1)
Limited Bar (1)
Champagne Toast (1)

La Prima was a beautiful touch to our wedding reception. The guests were soo excited to have special coffee, especially since our families were all huge coffee lovers. The coffee is obviously great so that was a fantastic small add on that was well worth it.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/5/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

La Prima Catering would be an outstanding asset to any event. The food is amazing, the staff is amazing and the service is always professional. I work for Act Academy Charter School located on The Lutheran Seminary of Philadelphia's campus and I met Karen 3 years ago & I have been working with her ever since. Karen and her staff continues to be a big hit with my staff and students. 3 Proms and almost 3 Graduations later, the food continues to be delicious. I also use them monthly for our monthly Board meetings and they always work with me no matter what my budget is.
I recommend Karen and La Prima for any event, you will not be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Joanne, 5/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with Gabrielle and La Prima Catering was AMAZING! I cannot say enough positive things about Gabrielle, she was so awesome, accommodating, smart, and made the whole process not just easy but really really enjoyable. I trusted Gabrielle and La Prima so much every step of the way, and on the big day, they executed everything perfectly. We were so happy with the menu we picked out - from cocktail hour to our three different dinner stations - as well as the linens and dishes, the service, setup, and everything else. Having really good and exciting food was important to us, and La Prima just killed it with a super special and delicious menu. Also want to note that I have food allergies, and they were so helpful in creating options that worked, which is so appreciated.

Profile Picture Risa, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

We hired Karen and LaPrima for our wedding in September at the Highlands in Fort Washington.

Karen was a dream to work with. She was so calm and attentive and never made us feel rushed or pressured.
You would have thought that we were her only clients. She was quick to answer any questions we had.
She worked with us to choose a meal that was in our budget. I was very important to us that the food be exceptional.
We basically got to create our own menu. Our guests commented on how good the food was.
One even stated that out all the many weddings he had attended, our food was the best.
The staff was very kind and friednly and very good at their job. Everything went very smoothly.

We would recommend Karen and LaPrima to anyone that wants top quality and service but at a resonable price.

Profile Picture User7448651, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Karen Gollard of La Prima Catering is fabulous! She was very responsive over the 11 months of planning and so easy to work with. She was exceptionally quick thinking when all of the electricity was out in our venue on a 100+ degree night. The food was abundant and delicious - make sure you get the lamb lollipops. Karen welcomed my ideas and she was calm and comforting throughout - nothing seemed to phase or upset her. Their prices were very reasonable and presentation was excellent! I can't say enough about it.

Profile Picture Carol, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Limited Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables, American

My husband and I had our catering and equipment coordination handled by Gabrielle at La Prima. Our wedding was unique in that we didn't have a traditional amount of time to plan everything out. We had to follow a timeline set by immigration rules, so we had to meet via Skype and email most of the time.

We loved La Prima right from the first tasting! Gabrielle was flexible and accommodating, right from the beginning. Every detail was carefully run by us. Gabrielle was so understanding, so kind and extremely patient with my wife and I as we flip-flopped a few times in menu and equipment.

The prices were very reasonable. Our total bill included everything from food to forks to tent. The total came in just under $20k and that included extending the reception an hour and adding more wine during the reception.

We had salmon, Napa chicken, papperdelle salad, rice pilaf, assorted bread, chocolate mousse shots, sandwich cookies, cake (bredenbecks bakery), wine from O'Donnell's winery in Berwick, Pa and beer from Samsaric. Our apps were steak skewers, a mezze station, corn-avocado salsa and I think one other item that I can't remember.

We highly recommend La Prima and highly commend Gabrielle. They made our wedding so special and quite memorable.

Profile Picture Anika, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Mediterranean, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Tables

Karen and her team at La Prima have been an absolute dream to work with. From my initial freak-outs in the beginning to guiding us through all of the decisions, I can't imagine doing this with another caterer. Not to mention, the food is incredible! I'm so glad I don't have to worry about anything on our wedding day because I know La Prima has it covered.

Profile Picture User4915337, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, Organic, Vegetarian, American, Mexican, Bartender(s)

La Prima, was EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!
La prima was like one stop shop for "ALL" of our wedding day needs. We worked directly with Karen and Andrea during the planning process, both blew us away with their creative ideas and readiness to assist. They where both "hands on" the day of our wedding, making sure that every little detail was executed perfectly. The entire staff and team at La Prima was very professional, accommodating and friendly. There was one server who catered to us thru out the evening, ms.Turham was the ABSOULTE best.... Guest where blown away at how attentive the catering team was.... but not only was the service excellent, but the food was even better!!! Our guest raved over the quality, taste and beautiful presentation of our selected dinner menu.

I would definitely use La prima again for any if not all of our catering needs.....

Profile Picture James, 8/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Flowers, Wedding Planning

We hired La Prima to cater our June garden wedding in Philadelphia for 125 people, and they were amazing. Karen was so great to work with, and helped us plan the entire event. She was quick to respond to us anytime we had questions and truly worked with us to give us our dream wedding. It was a complete DIY affair and I had no idea what I was doing. Karen guided us through choosing a menu, finding a beer/liquor distributor, figuring out quantities of everything needed, figuring out a floorpan, guiding guests and the event along during the night, and I could go on-and-on.

The food was so delicious and the service was thoughtful. It was beyond anything we were expecting, and we honestly couldn’t have asked for a better experience! I would 100% recommend La Prima.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We hired La Prima recently to cater our wedding and were thrilled with the results. Karen and her staff were not only organized and on the ball but also seemed sincerely happy to be there and genuinely happy for us. They treated us with respect and kindness and worked hard to make things go as smoothly as possible including going above and beyond to ensure we were happy and picking up the slack caused by unforeseen weather problems (outdoor ceremony) and issues with other vendors. Our families and friends continue to tell us how wonderful the food was and how kind, efficient and professional the staff was. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have had La Prima as our caterer.

Profile Picture Krista, 9/6/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Karen and La Prima did a fantastic job catering our wedding at the Mountain Lakes House in Princeton, NJ. Karen was very responsive during the planning process and did everything we asked. On the day of the wedding she and the staff were very friendly and professional and went beyond expectations to make sure that we were taken care of, both before and during the wedding and reception. For example, they brought the bridal party lunch before the wedding started, and even put together plates of hors d'oeuvres for us during the cocktail hour because we were too busy to remember to eat! Karen also coordinated our flowers and arranged our centerpieces, saving us from having to have to hire a florist for it or do it ourselves. Even our officiant commented that La Prima was the most professional catering staff she had ever seen.

The food was amazing. We had requested a vegetarian, farm-to-table meal, and Chef Kyle and Groundworks Farm (which produced most of the food for the wedding) did not disappoint. Everyone, even non-vegetarians, commented on how great the food was. The portobello sliders and kale/white bean/squash ragout were especially popular. One guest said he didn't even notice that everything was vegetarian until halfway through dinner! That's not to say that there was anything masquerading as meat on the menu - it's just that the food was so well done that nobody missed it. Overall, the wedding and reception were as great as we had hoped. I would highly recommend La Prima for anyone planning a wedding in the Philadelphia/NJ area!

Profile Picture User4353318, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used La Prima to cater our wedding and we couldn’t have been happier. Karen and her staff are the absolute best. They made sure that we were accommodated at every turn. The food was delicious and the staff was friendly and fun to be around. We got several compliments from our guest about the food. I would not hesitate to recommend or book La Prima again.

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/16/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

It is hard to believe that a year has past since our wedding. Karen at LaPrima was incredible. We chose to have a beach wedding and reception at our home in New Jersey. Karen went out of her way to guide us through the process. She traveled multiple times to the beach, Skyped and conducted phone meetings to help us plan. No detail was forgotten.

Her staff transformed our home into an elegant affair. Karen coordinated not only the food,but the decorators, florist, DJ, bar staff and more. The food was beyond outstanding. Her attention to every detail allowed us to enjoy our special day. Our family and friends still comment that our end of summer wedding was, hands down, the best wedding they have ever been to.

Profile Picture Geri, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Lighting & Decor

Karen & Andrea were lovely to work with! They are the best at what they do.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

No one goes to a wedding expecting the food to be good, but it was very important to us and my parents that the food be REALLY good and there be a lot of it. We had a couple different tastings with other caterers before we decided on La Prima. During the first tasting, we knew almost right away that we would go with them. They were able to accommodate our request for family style, which our guests LOVED. Everyone raved to us about how much they loved the food to the point that some people said it was not just the best wedding food they've had, but it was on par with restaurant meals. The dishes were creative and they were flexible on changing different aspects of some dishes to suit our tastes. They also worked to stay in our budget, which was a huge help. I would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Jane, 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, Mediterranean, Mexican, Family Style, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I used this vendor for my wedding and would use them again for any event. The food is delicious and local! They are very willing to work with your constraints and everyone at my wedding loved the food. There were some minor issues from a customer service end which is why I ranked 4 out of 5 but even so, I love the product so much that I would recommend them to anyone looking for great food at their event.

Profile Picture User4816421, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
3.7

The food at La Prima Catering was absolutely AMAZING. The staff was friendly and professional. Gabrielle, however, did not do a good job with the communication. She took weeks to respond to e-mails, and the communication between the venue, bakery, and the catering company was very poor. Also, the food was served luke warm to our guests! There needs to be another person to communicate with besides Gabrielle, or else this would of been a 5 star rating!

Profile Picture Whitney, 6/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, Vegan, American
2.1

It has been nearly a year since my wedding in September of 2017. You will see many reviews mentioning Karen Golland. I had the pleasure of working with her as well, & like everyone else, really formed a bond. She just "got" what we were looking for & helped us immensely with our food choices, ideas for arranging tables, & even choosing specialty drinks to go with our 20's theme. So you can imagine my disappointment when I found out in a rather abrupt & odd way that she was no longer with the company. At this point it may have been ~2 months out from the wedding. Nonetheless, I assumed that what was discussed & decided with Karen would carry on with whoever took over. That was not quite the case & there was a drastic change in price per person that I found out 3 days prior to my wedding. I'm talking about $66/person to over $90/person! Also suddenly, a new player came in - his name is Rob Thompson. I'm not sure if he was new management or what but I can say that he was incredibly rude & debasing to not only my husband & I but to his own staff. He could be heard through the phone yelling that their job was on the line! I'll leave out the gory details as I am currently still dealing with this monster legally but I will say that he had every intention of ruining the day if he didn't get what he wanted. It did not matter to him that the fault lay with his company. It did not matter to him that we did not have an extra few thousand sitting around to account for this massive change in price. The Brossman center is a beautiful venue, but BEWARE. Unless things have changed, La Prima is their contracted caterer. While individuals in the past have had great experiences, I would venture to say that is no longer a guarantee. For one, Karen is no longer with them & I think that speaks volumes, particularly with how I found out. While the food was good, the overall experience was horrible.

Profile Picture Anita, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews