La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events Reviews

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 5
La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 6
La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 7

Shalini · event on 02/23/2013

We received great service and care. Made our event very special. Thank you.

Sent on 03/05/2013

Leona · Married on 05/12/2012

OMG! Our wedding was awesome! I must admit I was a bit skeptical, didn't much care for their website, but after speaking with Rita decided to go take a look. It is amazing and so is Rita, she made it all so easy and stressfree. Everytime I began to worry, I would text her and she would calm me down, and text her I did almost daily near the end, her patience was unbelievable. I worried that once she left (she cant stay throughout the night) that I would fall apart, but she assured me that Eric would take over and be there for me and he was. My husband family and friends all can't say enough, only thing is you cant bring in your own alcohol - oh well not that big of deal I guess

Sent on 06/03/2012

Kristin · Married on 03/12/2011

Rita was professional and accommodating. The grounds and view are beautiful. As a child I played soccer across the way and saw many weddings. I always dreamed of getting married here so when it came time to pick a place it was a no brainer.

Sent on 04/06/2011
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 03/29/2019

Perfect spot!

We could not have imagined a more wonderful venue than La Mariposa! The moment I walked in I knew it was something special, but I never could have imagined how beautiful it would be that night. Our wedding was completely outdoors and couldn't have gone better or been more beautiful. The staff is amazing; Cynthia, Steve and John went out of their way time and time again to ensure everything went smoothly. Love love love!

Sent on 04/07/2019

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Hi Jamie,

Again, thank you for the wonderful comments. You and your family are special too! And so is Samson!! We are all still talking about how beautiful your wedding was. It was such a pleasure working with you. I wish you the best. You have such a wonderful future ahead of you. Thank you again, Cynthia
  • F

Brittany · Married on 02/25/2017

We didn't end up getting married here but they were very kind when we went in!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Tina · Married on 02/26/2016

Steve and 'Cheska' made magic come alive at La Mariposa for my daughter's wedding ! The location, the setting, ambience, landscape, trees, pond, grass, mountains in the background, firelight, candlelight, moonlight and the food was SPECTACULAR ! Kudos to the their famous chef and the superb hospitality. Simply elegant and FUN ! Priced very reasonably and every need was attended to.

Sent on 05/05/2016
  • KristyDawn

Kristy · Married on 10/05/2013

Beautiful venue - amazing food (best wedding food I've ever had) - Rita was a pleasure to work with and dealt with all the onsite details. I could just relax and enjoy the day and didn't have to boss anyone around. Many many many thanks!!! I would have been a mess without her.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/11/2013

Our wedding day turned out to be a beautiful day and everyone did a fantastic job! Our reviews from our friends and family were nothing but wonderful. Thank you Rita for all of your patience with us throughout the year! We couldn't have done it without you. My only suggestion would be to carefully consider choosing the steak as your meal option, since my steak (along with others) was a little on the dry side. Other then that we had no complaints whatsoever!

Sent on 06/13/2013
  • User2719714 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding was Perfect. Thank you La Mariposa for making it truly my dream wedding! Our Guests and Us had a blast! The food was amazing and our cake turned out beautiful!!!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Annette · Married on 06/28/2008

Ann was a great wedding planner and helped plan and execute every step of my ideas to make my wedding reception memorable. All of our guests enjoyed the atmosphere and location. I would highly recommend. The food was fantastic as well as the cake.

Sent on 07/02/2008
  • User6440322 · 1+ year ago

3.5

The only thing I did not like is that I could not have my wedding on Friday or Saturday because I only has 50 people as guests.

Sent on 09/20/2016

3.5

La Mariposa was fantastic. I received many compliments on how beautiful our venue was and even had someone recommend it to a friend looking for a location. Our wedding was on a Thursday and they cut us several deals because it was such an off day. The DJ - John - was incredible. The food was amazing and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/10/2006

We LOVED our ceremony and reception location. Our wedding was in June so it was nice enough to have the ceremony outside. La Mariposa had a beautiful lawn and gazebo. The inside where the reception took place was beautiful. The room was so nice, it didn't need that much decoration. The location had a changing room with and attached bathroom for the bride and her party to get ready. Very nice. Great grounds for beautiful pictures!!!

Sent on 03/30/2008

3.0

Where to begin; well let me say that we had a beautiful wedding at a gorgeous location so for that I am so very thankful. I am also thankful that I was able to work with Rita Taylor, who did a wonderful job of keeping me on tract and as least stressed as she could. I mean this woman is amazing and knowledgeable and I can’t say enough good things about her. Wish I could say the same for everyone at La Mariposa, but atlas, I can’t. I do recommend the place as long as you can avoid the arrogant a—that is the owner, Steve Brennan. He needs to pull his head out and learn not to put down people and their professions, in fact if he was who I had to work with throughout the last year I would of gone elsewhere. I met him early on and took an instant dislike to him, but I took solace in knowing that I would be working with Rita. I was a little worried when she told me that she would be with me throughout preparations but would leave after I walked down the aisle, but again Rita calmed my fears assuring me that Eric would take good care of me and make sure that my reception would go as we had planned. She was right, and I must say they are a great team. Eric is the food and beverage director and it is obvious that the two of them have a great deal of respect for each other, Eric and Rita that is. So, I guess would recommend La Mariposa with the recommendation that you avoid the jerk that is Steve as much as possible, less you want to lose your cookies over his syrupy phoniness

Sent on 11/27/2012

Sarah · Married on 03/16/2012

This is a great and beautiful venue - a bit of a sanctuary from the desert with it's gorgeous grass lawns, huge trees, pond and gazebo. The starlight room is a great place to host a reception - it's perfect for a smaller, intimate wedding (ours was 75 guests) and has a great dance floor and LARGE skylight. The staff at La Mariposa are very friendly and will help make your event run smoothly. We didn't have to worry about much the day of. Our day couldn't have gone any better!

Sent on 04/02/2012

Karen · Married on 10/15/2016

This was a WONDERFUL outdoor venue option! We held both the wedding and reception outside, with minimal decorating, and everyone still commented on the beauty everything was. Everyone involved is very knowledgeable which helps everyone involved get through the day with little to no incident. Lastly, they really tried to make sure everything was perfect for the happy couple. :)

Sent on 12/08/2016

tara · Married on 11/05/2005

3.5

I thought this was an amazing spot for a wedding. We got married in the fall, and the grass was beautiful and green, the trees were green, the weather was amazing. I loved the lake and gazebo. It was wonderful, and Anne was great.

Sent on 06/14/2008

Candace · Married on 07/09/2005

My husband and I married here in 2005. I was just on their site because we are wanting to go there with a photographer and get some pictures done. Looking at their photo gallery reminded me how beautiful our wedding was. The location is amazing and perfect. The staff was very helpful and the food was delicious. It was a perfect place to have our wedding and in Tucson I would not recommend anywhere else.

Sent on 05/06/2014
  • shannon

shannon · Married on 03/18/2012

4.2

I would recommend La Mariposa for your wedding. Rita, is wonderfull there. She goes out of her way to make the bride happy on her day. She even took pictures of me getting ready, and put the 100 pictures on a flash drive for me. The food was awesome, my guest really loved the mexican food. The only thing is maybe they put up the food too early. They wedding almost happend inside because of the rain and cold. But I really wanted it at the gazebo. 1 hr before the wedding it stopped raining, and the satff rushed and made my gazebo wedding happen. It was beautiful!! There was only one thing I did not like, and it was George the decorator. He was on the rude side. And I had a sweetheart table, and the way we discussed was not the way he did it. But Rita went out of her way to fix it. And it ended up beautiful. And the cake was wonderfull. Some people said it was the best cake they ever had. :) One more thing the staff was very awesome! It was a wonderfull day.

Sent on 04/05/2012

3.5

Rita was amazing and did everything I needed.... She should run the place. The only complaints were the price of things, and the steak dinner. I am now a firm believer that no place should serve steaks not in a made to order type of place. It never comes out good. Also, the alcohol was expensive. Everything else was beautiful! The only other thing was the generL manager caused more stress than I needed that day... I will recommend anyone to go there and work with Rita she was a angel!!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Lisa · Married on 05/16/2009

4.2

Anne at La Mariposa was very helpful leading up to our big day. While sometimes it was hard to get a hold of her, her and her team, responded well to our requests. The venue was lovely and really added something to our big day! La Mariposa is a great place that combines the outside of the southwest with the romantic feeling a wedding should have.

Sent on 06/02/2009
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/12/2012

3.5

At the very beginning of our planning process, things felt a little bit rocky... but as the big day grew closer we got everything worked out and it ended up being awesome! The venue is just beautiful. The horse and carriage are an awesome option that we chose to use, and it was so wonderful. The cake lady (Judy) made a custom cake to a design that I brought to her and it too was beautiful and delicious! On the day of our wedding everyone was very helpful and attentive. It turned out to be incredibly fun, and some of our friends and family have told us that it was their favorite wedding they have ever been to.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Lynne · Married on 05/15/2010

La Mariposa proved to be a great location for our perfect wedding in May 2010. We had a large event (140) with about 20 kids and everyone had a great time. I loved the outdoor lighted gazebo with plenty of grass area for kids to run around and not be a nuisance. It also accommodated everyone really nicely for cocktail hour. The food was great and I hear the appetizers were good too (so when do the bride and groom get to taste any?) I would have preferred to have someone assigned to us all day to attend to needs, but the wedding planner was only present for the ceremony and then gone. Otherwise, things went off without incident. I would highly recommend this beautiful venue.

Sent on 07/25/2010

Brittany · Married on 05/01/2011

3.8
      2.0
      3.0

Was a very pretty place to get married, but we did have issues with them not providing our guests with our fruit and cheese platter we had ordered for the cocktail hour. Our guests were escorted inside to wait for us finish the carriage ride and pictures. Rita was rude to some of the wedding party and our guests. We were rushed when my bridesmaids were tieing my bussel on my dress up, and it did not get tied right and was ruined throughout the night by me and everyone else stepping on the train. Had no idea where the coordinator was throughout the night to keep the wedding on track and had no idea where the tossing bouquet was until later on in the night, I tossed one of my bridesmaids bouquet. We did get our money back for the fruit and cheese platter, but I feel we were robbed from pieces of our wedding we could never get back. All the money we had put towards the open bar was gone by the time the wedding party was introduced. I feel as if it would have lasted longer if the guest were served their appetizers and were able to stay outside and watch us ride in the carriage. My mom was disappointed she had to go inside and could not watch.

Sent on 05/14/2011

Pam · Married on 04/05/2013

3.8
      3.5

It was a beautiful venue. Our guests were very impressed. If we had anymore daughters we would definitely use La Mariposa again! The dj wasn't very well prepared. Our son in law had to set up the sound system for him. He was off smoking and talking on the phone when we tried to find him so we could start the toasts. The chicken was good but the steak was real hit and miss. Some guests said theirs tasted like shoe leather.

Sent on 04/18/2013