La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events Reviews

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 4
La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 5
La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 6
La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 7

Although much of the decoration was something we added in addition to the standard, the evening was perfect in every way!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Danielle · Married on 04/07/2013

The staff at La Mariposa was wonderful. They made my event seamless and stress free!

Sent on 05/13/2013

The experience I had with this venue as well as the people was very very excellent and positive. I am very thankful for all the help'

Sent on 02/18/2013

Steve · Married on 11/11/2012

Rita and the staff of La Mariposa were the best. Or wedding was so beautiful. Our guests were happy and taken care of. The grounds were well tended. The arrival of the bride in the horse drawn carriage was the icing on the cake and drew a gasp from the crowd. I would highly recommend La Mariposa to anyone looking for a gorgeous and memorable event.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Efthalia · Married on 08/04/2012

La Mariposa is amazing! Rita is awesome to deal with and very professional. The night of our wedding was just a dream come true. Thank you very much.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Rita was fantastic! Highly recommended

Sent on 08/07/2012
  • Y

yvette · Married on 06/30/2012

La Mariposa is a beautiful place to have your wedding! The beautiful grass, tall trees and lake in the dessert is like an oasis. It was such a calming feeling ...the ballroom was so inviting and with the picture windows all facing the lake and trees,it felt thou you were inside enjoying the party, you could feel the beauty from the outside inside. Rita
    was very nice and accomadating from the very first day that my daughter and I walked into the Venue. Rita was very helpful and patience with us since we had many questions and always communicated with us. Rita was a gem and provided excellent service.

The food was great, we received many compliments from our quest, they really enjoyed the food, and the staff helped us so much on the day of the wedding, they all were all very gracious....it is a venue that you can add your personality to the decor, and you can truly make it your unique day...other venues are more cookie cutters...they offer the same things to every bride!

We hightly recommend Starlight at La Mariposa....if you want a beautiful Venue, great food, excellent staff, a wedding that is truly uniquely yours.... Rita will always give you great guidance, always give you her very best for you and your wedding party...

Sent on 08/25/2012

Joalee · Married on 06/10/2012

Erik helped me plan the wedding and he was so patient and helpful. The facility was gorgeous and the food was delicious. Would recommend La Mariposa and Erik to anyone! Beautiful oasis in the middle of the desert!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Kristen · Married on 03/17/2012

My husband and I worked with Rita at La Mariposa and we had a great experience. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and we knew we wanted to book there from the moment we stepped foot on the grounds- beautiful gazebo for ceremonies, green grass, trees, and a pond nearby. Rita and the others at the venue were very flexible and accomodating to our wishes (ie. green beer for our St. Patty's Day wedding), and very helpful along the way as far as ideas and suggestions to make our day better. My husband and I were definitely on a budget for our wedding, and I don't feel that I overpaid for anything either. Overall, I'm really pleased with my experience working with them and would suggest that other brides in the area take at look at this venue!

Sent on 04/03/2012
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 03/11/2012

I loved having my wedding at La Mariposa! The grounds were beautiful!!!! I was brought in on a beautiful horse drawn carriage! I felt like a princess! The pictures came out gorgeous! La Mariposa made me feel like a very pampered bride. All the guests were extremely happy and had a wonderful time. The food was incredible! I could not have asked for better staff. Rita, my wedding planner, was on top of everything! I couldn't have done it without her. I highly recommend La Mariposa. They made this one time magical event for me, perfect!

Sent on 03/17/2012

Cindy · Married on 02/25/2012

La Mariposa is absolutely beautiful for a wedding and then the reception. During picture taking we had appetizers passed to our guests and they also made sure the wedding party was served. For dinner we had plated service with a delicious salad and then our choice of a chicken or beef dish. The food was excellent as was the service! We had our own wedding planner, but Rita Taylor is La Mariposa's special event director. She was very helpful especially before the wedding when we were all getting ready. She went way above the call of duty, even offering to run to the store to buy safety pins for us! She made sure everything went smoothly for us. We had a wonderful wedding thanks to all the staff at La Mariposa!

Sent on 03/02/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 02/25/2012

I loved having my wedding at La Mariposa! The grounds were so beautiful! The grass was bright green, the rose bushes were blooming, the ducks were playing in the giant pond and the birds were chirping! They really take great cafe of the site! One of the best parts of La Mariposa is the event director, Rita Taylor! She was so sweet and catered to our every need. Although we had a wedding planner, Rita went above and beyond. While I was getting ready with my bridesmaids, she made sure we had everything we needed! She even waited with me before I walked down the aisle (I was a little nervous). The food was excellent and we had so many compliments from our guests! The servers were wonderful and very attentive! I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 03/15/2012

beth · Married on 11/13/2011

My wedding at La Mariposa was beautiful and serene. It rained that day, but the clouds broke just in time for our ceremony at the beautiful decorated gazebo area. During the ceremony our photographer got a picture of a gorgeous Great Blue Heron that lives on the grounds as it flew over the pond. Eric and Rita went beyond their duties to make our wedding special. The chef made wonderful appetizers and the cake by Judy was just how I imagined it would be. The flowers and details on the cake were exquisite! All in all, it was a day our family will treasure forever!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Eric · Married on 09/24/2011

My wedding turned out quite lovely! They had beautiful trees, a gorgeous pond and green grass! You don't get this kind of venue ANYWHERE else in Tucson! Everywhere else showcase the desert, which there's nothing wrong with. Their South of the Border (Mexican Food) Buffet is a definate crowd pleaser and is quite possibly the best Mexican Food in Tucson. Plus it's affordable and they gave me free chips and salsa with that buffet! The staff is incredibly nice and are quite attentive with all of my needs and concerns. Rita is incredibly easy to work with and always showed me priority and made me feel that I wasn't just another wedding. I felt that this is the wedding she was putting all of her effort into and not a recycle and repeat. Which in my opinion is how most of the other venues make you feel, especially in hotels. The banquet hall is not properly given justice by being called a banquet hall. I've been to banquet halls and let me tell you. There's no partition walls here! They have excellent architecture with sharp edges and a skylight with view of the stars and HUGE windows that give view of the beautiful property that is La Mariposa! My bride and I couldn't be more happy!

Sent on 09/28/2011

M · Married on 09/24/2011

Our wedding was wonderful! The setting was gorgeous with a picturesque grove, a pond, and beautiful mature mesquite trees! We even got some charming pictures of a rainbow as our backdrop for our ceremony! The food was delicious… fresh, made from scratch salsa and a stunning cake by “Cakes by Koeppens” that my guests raved about! Eric and the staff made me feel confident that everything would be taken care of and I didn’t have to worry about a thing! It was just dreamy!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Karen · Married on 09/05/2011

What a lovely place! We couldn't of been happier. The location, the beauty the wonderful staff and service. All excellent. Rita Taylor is a wonder lovely young lady and we were very pleased with every aspect of our experience with her. Highly recommend La Mariposa!

Sent on 09/19/2011

melanie · Married on 05/27/2011

The venue was beautiful with amazing views! The catering was exceptionally delicious, and Tim Burrows with Harmony Entertainment did and outstanding job! Rita, the wedding planner did a great job with the plans, flowers, and all the tiniest of details. She knows her "stuff". We had the most beautiful evening, and all our guests are still raving about how much fun they had. Hannah, the photographer had a wonderful back drop for us, and her work is sooo creative! It was "just right" for us, because, Eric, banquet mgr., Travis, his assistant, Beth(the bartender), and Pepe the chef paid so much attention to detail! I totally recommend this wedding place to anyone! Cakes by Koeppen (Judy), created the mos incredible cake for us. Thanks for making our wedding so special! Jack and Melanie

Sent on 09/27/2011

melanie · Married on 05/27/2011

Our wedding was everything we hoped for and more! From the beautiful views and sunset, to the catering, the DJ and the romantic atmosphere, we could not have been happier! Rita did a great job on flowers and decorations, Eric and Travis led an awesome crew serving us. They accomodated all our requests. Judy, of Cakes by Koeppen, created the most unbelievable cake I've ever seen! Special kudos to Beth the bartender and Laura, our server as well! My new husband and I heartily recommend them. In fact, two of our couple friends have already signed up! Thanks for making our day extra special! Jack and Mel

Sent on 09/28/2011

Garrett · Married on 05/07/2011

We could not of found a nicer location for our wedding. The entire staff, Rita our contact, Eric and Travis were all awesome to work with. We had quite a bit of organizational issues that were dealt with with the upmost professionalism, especially by Rita whom I cannot say enough about. I only wish she could of stayed throughout the evening, the way this place works because she is there all day; and we appreciated her being there, she must leave once the ceremony begins. I just would of liked to have had the chance for her to enjoy the results of all of her hard work. Eric and Travis were there the evening and were easy to work with as well. My bride and I definately recommend La Mariposa and Rita!

Sent on 07/25/2011

TONI · Married on 04/30/2011

It was beautiful. It was special. The food was wonderful. The staff was professional and polite. My guest had a wonderful time. It made my wedding everything that I wanted it to be. The horse drawn carriage was an amazing experience that they made happen for me at my last minute request. I am thankful for their attention to detail and the seamless collaboration with my wedding planner.

Sent on 01/13/2012

Nancy · Married on 08/21/2010

La Mariposa is one of the most beautiful venues for a wedding I've ever seen...confirmed by all of my guests! It is very private, beautiful views of the mountains, surrounded by huge mesquite trees...lovely! Having the service out side on the lawn in a gazebo in the shade of the mesquites was perfect, even in the hot, August Tucson summer! Gorgeous photo opportunities with ponds, fountains, Southwest colors and artwork. The Starlight Room where the dinner/reception took place is floor to ceiling windows, bringing the beautiful outdoors inside. Many pictures taken during the reception showed the lush foliage outside, hardly looking like we were inside. The staff, Tineke and Eric in particular, were exceptional. Not only did they figure our timeline from the months before our wedding, but kept us on track in the most calm and understanding way. We had FUN planning the ceremony...their knowledge and experience was invaluable. Although they provide every service imaginable, they were completely receptive and respectul of our ideas, budget, and schedule. They made wonderful suggestions but there was no pressure whatsoever. We had many guests fly in from all over the country (and Australia) and all were very impressed. Not only did the entire event run smoothly, but all the guests I've spoken with said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had and that the cake (provided by their vendor) was out of this world. I could go on, but suffice it to say, it was the perfect wedding for us!

Sent on 09/01/2010

Jan · Married on 08/07/2010

This venue was beautiful. The service staff was very professional, and the grounds were nicely kept.

Sent on 09/10/2010

Jen · Married on 03/14/2010

Before we got married, my husband and I visited EVERY wedding venue in Tucson. As soon as we arrived at La Mariposa we knew it was perfect for our special day March 14th. The location is GORGEOUS!! It has a huge area of nice grass and trees with a beautiful lake to the side. Our pictures were amazing. I worked with Rita from day one planning the event. She was very tentative to our wants and needs. She made sure our special day was perfect as expected. All my friends were surprised at how stress free I was on my wedding day, I enjoyed every moment. The food was delicious and I wish I would have had seconds! All in all we we really lucked out with La Mariposa and could not have asked for more!

Sent on 07/09/2010

Samantha · Married on 04/09/2017

Everyone here was amazing! Steve and Francesca met with us and had the time and patience to explain the ins and out of our wedding, which was nice since we didn't have a wedding planner. They gave us the names of fabulous vendors that made our special day beautiful. They provided the food and it was top notch! Everyone loved it. The servers were polite to all of my guests and even saved us a plate of appetizers. The only thing that I have to knock off for is that we felt a little rushed during photos. We scheduled for dinner to be served right after photos and that ran a little longer than expected so we didn't have time to take a picture of us blowing out our unity candle. Other than that, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about La Mariposa!

Sent on 04/15/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/17/2016

My son and his partner got married here this past week. Francesca and Steve were amazing! They helped plan everything from the amazing food, cake, linens, music, to the beautiful lighting under the gazebo. During the ceremony, Steve was constantly helping out and making sure things went smoothly. This place is so amazing and is the perfect place in the desert for a wedding. D. J. John was so fun and played great music. Thanks for making this a special day for all!

Sent on 09/21/2016