La Luna Restaurant & Banquet Center Reviews

6 | Rochester, NY

6 Reviews for La Luna Restaurant & Banquet Center

Gina · Married on 05/09/2015

La Luna went above and beyond for my wedding and made sure everything was to my wishes. The owner even gave me his personal phone number so I could talk directly to him and made sure I had everything I needed.

La Luna is directly on the waterfalls in High Falls - we were able to have the reception outside overlooking them. The venue is located in the old Brown's Race market building. The area is covered with cobblestone streets and artifacts from when it used to be a productive flour mill. A little slice of history right smack dab in the middle of Rochester!

Sent on 06/04/2015

The venue is a hidden gem in high falls . Our guests kept complimenting us on the spot. The staff is helpful and the coordinator Noy was always willing to answer our questions and meet with us when needed. She helped make our day even more special, and always ensured us that everything would be perfect.

Sent on 11/05/2016

La Luna was the perfect place for our wedding reception. The flexibility of the staff and owner, Stergios, allowed for us to ensure that our guests had an amazing time and any little special flair we wanted to add was handled by their team with no problems. The only difficulty I had was with responsiveness before the week of the wedding. It was very difficult (especially being an out of town bride) to get a hold of the team before the week of the wedding, however while it made me a bit stressed, it did not in anyway throw off the quality of the day. The week of, Stergios and his team were 100% focused on us and got back within 5minutes no matter the time of day. The quality of the food, service, and space were unmatched and there is no other space like it in Rochester! Just know that you will need to be patient and that the week of your wedding it will all come together with no extra hidden fees and you will love love love working with Stergios and La Luna! I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Lee Eder · Married on 06/08/2019

1.8
      2.0

Avoid Until They Get Their Act Together

We started the process with their onsite wedding planner. She signed us up for certain decorations, chairs, buffet, etc.

One month into planning, she quit. They hired Amanda who was awesome!! She helped us quite a bit and was super thorough. She even upheld the things the previous planner had promised, even though the policies changed with her being hired.

6 months later, she quit for greener pastures.

2 months before our big day, a 3rd planner reached out and said she was taking over. We emailed and called numerous times over the next 2 weeks to make sure we were still good... she didn't respond because (you guessed it) she quit.

The night of the rehearsal dinner, we see the owner who was taking over since he couldn't hold down a planner. We now see why they all quit. He asked us "who are you using for chairs since your wedding is outside" - they've known for over a year that we were having our ceremony outside. We said "uh, you guys". He tried to say now this would cost an extra $500 on such short notice to get chairs. I sternly stated that we have had it in our contract since day one, and this was not going to be our problem... that the chairs will be there at no cost, and he made it happen.

Both the rehearsal and the actual wedding day would have been entirely disorganized if it weren't for my Pastor having run so many weddings in his past. The owner (who truly did his best) was a little bit lost, but things ran smoothly. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly, and the prices were on par with other venues.

The only other thing that irked me was they started taking cloths off of the tables and breaking down the room 5 minutes before 11pm which was our contracted time. I worked weddings at a country club, and know that you give people at minimum a half hour to cool down from dancing, saying their goodbyes, and getting their coats, purses, favors etc. This was a bit rude and unprofessional.

All in all, when the get a planner that sticks and can keep contracts straight, I'd say go elsewhere.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Rachel · Married on 08/17/2019

1.0

My future mother-in-law and I attempted to contact both the manager and event director at La Luna numerous times to discuss potentially holding my wedding reception at the restaurant next summer. Despite our emails, calls, and even an in person visit over the course of three weeks, neither of us ever got any response. Very disappointed in La Luna's lack of professionalism.

Sent on 08/06/2018
  • Kris968

Kris · Married on 10/21/2016

1.0

La Luna is a gorgeous and unique space. Unfortunately their coordinator… Noy Cohen, is horrible. My experiences with La Luna have been nothing short of horrific.

Sent on 10/24/2016