La Jolla Village Florist Reviews

22 | San Diego, CA

22 Reviews for La Jolla Village Florist

I called a few shops late Friday afternoon (after Christmas), I guess they were on break because of the holiday because nobody answered. Luckily this shop answered and I asked if they could make a nice bouquet for me. When I picked up on Saturday morning I was pleasantly surprised. Kim created a beautiful bouquet of orchids, roses and hydrangea! Beautiful, especially for last minute!

Hana did an incredible job on our flowers. She was very helpful and made some great suggestins. The flowers were so beautiful! Thank you La Jolla Village Florist!

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

I highly recommend this florist. They did beautiful work and were willing to work with ny limited budget. Thank you Kim!

Stan · Married on 10/19/2013

We had a wedding in Marina Del Rey and this florist was nothing but amazing. Gorgeous flowers and stunning pieces that will be forever remembered. Thank you so much to an awesome shop that treats all their customers like family!

The staff at La Jolla Village Florist is amazing. I worked with them months in advance, had a very minimal budget, and was EXTREMLY picky about what I wanted my flowers to look like. In addition, I had very high expectations of what I wanted the flowers to be. Living kind of far away, it was hard for me to drive down all the time to see samples and to visualize what the flowers would look like for our wedding. But Darrel and his staff were patient, flexible, and took time out of their very busy schedules to work with my small budget to give my exactly what I wanted.

On the day of my wedding day, you couldn't tell that I had a small floral budget. I had huge boquets of gorgeous flowers, amazing arrangements of flowers that I never thought that I could have. Darrel and his staff completely blew me away. Words couldn't describe how happy I was with what my flowers had looked like. Thank you La Jolla Village Florist!

La jolla village florist was honestly one of the most delightful vendors I could have worked with. I had sent an email just to get price quotes and the owner, Darrel got back to me right away. I sent PDFs and attachments of floral arrangements and we went back and forth trying to fine tune the details. He always replied by the next day no matter how late or early I had emailed him. I changed my mind several times and Darrel was so understanding of it all. His prices were great, his flowers were beautiful and the company was easy to work with.

La Jolla Village Florist did my flowers for my wedding this past weekend. They were wonderful to work with from the first day. They gave me a quote right away, worked with me until I found exactly what I wanted, and the cost was amazing! I was very impressed with my bouquet and I got numerous compliments on it from wedding guests.

Christina · Married on 09/15/2012

La Jolla Village Florist was the absolute best vendor to work with. I changed my mind a million times on what I wanted, and they were always willing to work with me. They went above and beyond to determine exactly how I wanted my bouquets and flower arrangements to look for the wedding. I live out of the area, so most of our coummunication was via email, and I always receieved answers right away. Their prices were very competitive, and I loved how everything turned out!!

• Tamara

Tamara · Married on 07/21/2012

Darrel Ueno @ La Jolla Village Florist provided the most excellent service I have received in a very long time. With my schedule we were only able to communicate via email and he was able to make the most beautiful bouquets for my wedding, they exceeded my exceptions both in quality and pricing. I will recommend to everyone I know. Choose them for all you floral needs I promise you be thrilled with your arrangements no matter what the occasion.

Flowers were beautiful, and the florists were very helpful in picking out arrangements!

• Shauntay

Shauntay · Married on 06/16/2012

La jolla village florist produced amazing flowers for our wedding. They made it very easy to arrange centerpieces and bouquets, even though we live in Arizona and could only visit a couple times before the wedding. They worked close with me to ensure that the flowers were just what I wanted and made sure to work within our budget. The flowers were beautiful and ready on time. It was a pleasure getting to work with them and I highly recommend them to anyone needing beautiful flowers.

REBECCA · Married on 04/28/2012

Darrel and Kim are amazing! After changing my ideas at least 5 times, they were very understanding and professional! I cant thank them enough!

Nicole · Married on 04/28/2012

Wow, these guys are incredible. The flowers for our wedding were gorgeous, exactly what I wanted and more! Thank you!!! Leading up to the wedding, I also really felt like they were making sure every detail was just right. Great customer service, excellent product, and a very reasonable price. I highly recommend La Jolla Village Florist, I wish I could post pictures of what a great job they did!

Patricia · Married on 03/16/2012

I live in Sacramento & my son's wedding was in San Diego (8 hours away), so I needed to order something local. I planned the bouquet and the bouts & corsages through emails back & forth with Darrell. I confess that I was pretty fickle, but Darrel was patient and worked with me during my leap of faith buying flowers I wouldn't see ahead of time. Luckily, he knew his stuff and sent ideas and advice.

We picked up the flowers the night before the wedding and we were blown away by how beautiful they all were. We had a reception in Sacramento a week later, and those flowers were much more expensive and not nearly as pretty.

In fact, my d-i-l's sister is getting married and her mom actually said how hard it was going to be to find nice flowers since we'd been spoiled by La Jolla Florist's flowers. We honestly talked about me going to SD to get them from Darrel! We'll see. For the value and the perfection, it's worth the trip.

Jolene · Married on 06/01/2011

La Jolla Village Florist was an amazing company to work with for my destination wedding! Darrel and Heather were so easy to work with during the entire process! I showed pictures of what I wanted for my wedding arrangments and Heather was able to replicate them, and add a little of her own personality as well! Delivery was smooth and on time. The flowers were absolutely beautiful!!! I couldn't have been happier with the flowers... all of our guests complimented them all night!

Kristen · Married on 05/25/2011

I contacted La Jolla Village Florist about ordering flowers only a couple days before my wedding. The florist I was trying to work with was not responsive and very unhelpful since my order was so small. La Jolla Village Florist not only responded but treated me with respect and with just as much attention as if I were ordering a huge order.

Darrel was so incredibly helpful while placing my order, even responding to my emails outside of working hours. He gave me a fabulous deal which was so helpful since it was so last minute.

Then when I went to pick up the flowers the ladies there went out of their way to make sure my flowers would be transported safely. They were sweet and nice and made me feel special. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous and very fresh. They lasted over a week and still were looking happy.

For the quality of the flowers and the above and beyond helpfulness of the staff, I strongly recommend La Jolla Village Florist!

Mindie · Married on 12/05/2010

I would highly recommend La Jolla Village Florist. They did a fantastic job with our wedding flowers on 12-5-10. They are very responsive, wonderful and caring. They created the exact bouquets that we desired, delivered them early in the AM on a Sunday and worked within our budget. At the last minute, we had issues with the catering so they came to the rescue and decorated all the main tables beautifully.

Dave · Married on 09/04/2010

Great florist. They respond right away to emails and phone calls about weddings and events and they are very professional. Also check out their website blog with great unique photos. If you are getting married in the San Diego area, I highly recommend Darrel and La Jolla Village Florist!

Kathy · Married on 01/20/2013

Although I was making all the floral decorations from Florida Darrel made the transactions easy.He was always available by phone or email. Kim one of his assistants volunteered to come in on her day off to make sure I had the flowers fresh.The bouquets were stunning and everyone was impressed. I highly recommend this florist.

stephanie · Married on 03/03/2012

Highly recommend La Jolla Village Florist! My husband and I decided to get married in beautiful San Diego. I was a little worried because I was working with them from a distance. I am so grateful that I decided to go with La Jolla Village Florist; not only was the communication great, but the service was definitely amazing. Beautiful flowers at such a wonderful price! They worked with me on my budget and everything worked out beautifully!

Troy and Jennifer · Married on 02/07/2011

Worked to order my flowers at the last minute. Fabulous job! A bit pricey but it was a week before Valentine's Day. Highly recommended!

Patricia · Married on 05/01/2018

0.4
      0.5

Order was for Mother’s Day was delivered with the back of the vase had dead flowers. On the way to reception to drop off the driver was witnessed smashing the flowers in the vase. He left no card behind but did let them know it was for my Mother. Mom has three children so after asking around figured out who delivered it. They offered store credit and apologized saying that during busy time they hire more drivers and the regular driver wouldn’t have done that. I could’ve imagine any florist driver would think dead flowers are ok. Couldn’t they have called the store right away and explain the flowers got damaged and simply send another one. This sort of thing happens in that business I’m sure. Now re-sending the flowers seems like a unlikely solution since Mother’s Day is over and after receiving dead flowers it seems tacky. I asked for a refund and followed up with a email and a second phone call with pictures and after 5 days , I have not heard one word on the status of my complaint. This was almost $100 vase and I’m sure I paid a delivery charge for dead flowers. Very disappointing