La Fontaine Reception Hall Reviews

La Fontaine Reception Hall 3
La Fontaine Reception Hall 4
La Fontaine Reception Hall 5

Janie · Married on 11/06/2011

This place is astonishing! The service and expectations were way beyond I had ever imagined.

Sent on 11/23/2011

So far, the professionalism, service, and attentiveness of preparing for my wedding has been outstanding!! Can't wait to see the finishing work! Highly recommend this place!

Sent on 05/10/2015

Courtney · Married on 01/26/2014

We had our wedding @ VIP by La Fontaine & it turned out FANTASTIC! I've gotten so many rave reviews about how GORGEOUS the venue is. Estevan & the young lady who handles the decor were extremely accommodating. They worked within my budget, and didn't try to nickel and dime me for every little thing. Overall, the staff was very professional. I had never heard of this venue before, but I believe fate stepped in; and as a result, my husband and I were truly blessed to have had the opportunity to have our event here. I absolutely recommend this venue! ~Courtney

Sent on 02/13/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2012

This Place is a Beautiful Venue people are very Friendly they did a very good job serving my guest i didn't have to woorry about nothing that nite everything was perfect!!! Once you walk in the Venue u wont even want to go no where else.

Sent on 10/30/2012
  • Samantha

Samantha Nicole Harvey · Getting married on 04/24/2020

VIP B at La Fontaine’s Open House

Went to the open house Absolutely loved this venue. It’s within budget and no hidden fees. Alex is awesome to work with and will work with you to ensure you have an awesome wedding.

La Fontaine Reception Hall 6
    La Fontaine Reception Hall 7
    La Fontaine Reception Hall 8
    La Fontaine Reception Hall 9
    Sent on 02/04/2019

Art Martinez · Married on 12/14/2019

Amazing !!

Normal C. Is amazing help. It’s a pleasure working with her. She is very understanding in what we want for our wedding. I couldn’t have asked for better assistance. The venues are all great and very elegant .

Sent on 02/14/2019

Rosa · event on: 04/04/2015

Service provided was excellent. I strongly recommend this vendor for any event. Whole coordination was awesome. I felt very confident when I knew people who was responsible to help me on my event. I would like to thank you to all of them

Sent on 04/10/2015

Lucinda · Married on 05/05/2013

Our experience was wonderful. Estavan and Cindy were excellent. Estavan was my go to person who responded in a timely manner to my calls and texts. The staff were always professional and demonstrated that they cared about our event. The facility was decorated with class and we are still receiving calls with compliments on the entire event. I can't brag enough about how please we are with the services we received from everyone. I have three (3) areas of concerns to share: 1) our first Baker was professional with his presentation but did not follow up as he promised and after I had Estavan to contact him, he sent me a very ugly sketch of a wedding cake. The second Baker, drew the sketch in my presence and her cake was exquisite. 2) Teresa the photographer had communication and responsiveness issues. She kept informing me that I had a signing book and that I pick pictures that she had taken on her site to put in the book but my contract did not have a sign in book as part of the plan. So we had to pay extra, 5 days before the wedding. I also had to get Cindy and Estavan to call and talk with her several times to get a response from her and to be our interpreter. She did a great job after our rough start. 3) the cushions for the wedding ceremony was dirty and we removed some of them and ask someone to help us wipe them off.
    I would like to end in a positive note: my overall experience was fabulous. The entire Lafontaine staff went above and beyond my expectations. I may be having another event there on next year (middle daughter wants a wedding ceremony next summer).

Sent on 05/21/2013
  • User3950010 · event on: 12/14/2013

The VIP B is gorgeous. I was in awe of how beautiful my daughter's quince turned out. My guests were very pleased with the service and I was given many compliments by them. Thanks for making this a memorable event in our lives.

Sent on 03/05/2014

Maria · Married on 10/05/2013

3.5

Many may be skeptical when they see that a vendor/venue has received such high regard. I definitely know I am. However, I can attest that, without a doubt, I was tremendously blessed by finding VIP by La Fontaine. After releasing another venue for their abhorrent customer service, I was thrilled with the replacement. The service was top notch from the beginning to the end. From handling payments to the closing of the event, we were extremely pleased. Our representative, Cynthia, was extrememly attentive, considerate, and accommodating througout our entire process.

When I saw the advertisement in a magazine I knew I wanted to make an appointment to view it. I was disheartened to see that it was in a shopping strip when I pulled up. However, when I walked inside there was no need to look any further about where my reception was to be held. Please believe me, that I would have never chosen a shopping strip to host my wedding festivities, but after all has been said and done, I would have ANY event there one hundred times over. Plus, being able to spend less than $1,300 for an open bar for 350 people is worth it!

The factors worth a standing ovation: the modern architecture, exemplary customer service, the tremendous amount of space to manuever about, the presentation of the waitstaff, the consistent cleaning of the restrooms, ability to bring in your own alcohol.

The few gripes: they didn't have the linen I was looking for due to their limited selection and they do not outsource linen services, which forces you to have to pay others, The food quality was not aligned with the price you pay per person, a language barrier with the bartending staff and most of my guest, which as a last resort my guests had to point to what they wanted in their drinks.

Please don't confuse my gripes for setbacks or dealbreakers. They are not! I love VIP by La Fontaine!

Sent on 11/22/2013

3.5

The staff at la Fontaine was terrific! They kept service steady and attended to all our guest. It is not cheap but you WILL definitely not regret it. We loved having our wedding there!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Jazmyne · Married on 05/27/2018

3.5

Booking: booking was easy and simple. Just be advised, for VIP A, you cannot get 200 guest in there and still have a dance decent sized dance floor. So consider that in advance. We had 170, with the photo booth, and it was TIGHT. I wish I had known this prior. Laurens was also a pleasure to work with. I signed up during The Bridal Extravagenza and got some awesome deals.

Decor: Decor came out very nice. We did opt for some upgraded lines and upgraded plates. A huge plus for me was dealing with Guadalupe...she was VERY patient with us. I would suggest that La Fontaine invest in a actual sweethart table, we had to have our own day of coordinator bring his own small sweethart table from his own business. La Fontaine only offers a rectangle table or a huge round table (10 person).

Service: One CON that stands out for me was the Bar service. Guadalupe was also behind the bar working her butt off...but she was alone. We were told the VIP A had 2 bartenders. I only saw her all night. The line was soooo long, it was wrapped around tables. That is a huge NO for me. We had to delay some of the timeline until the line got down. Don’t get me wrong, she was working so hard. But they just needed more bartenders. I suggest if you have a crowd that drinks a lot, pay for extra or something. It was horrible.

We were told by Laurens, we also have it in writing, when booking in Jan 2017 for our May 2018 wedding that adding an extra hour the night of was $500. Well, the night of it was an issue, they wanted to charge $700. The coordinator had to call Laurens at 10pm at night to confirm...it seemed like a big hassle but prices may have changed in the 18 months.

All other service areas were great...from my perspective.

Food: Food was great. I only wish we could of had the choice of offering our guest 2 entree choices. We were told that wasn’t an option by the food vendor. We were able to pay extra for hors d’oeuvres to be passed during cocktail hour.

La Fontaine Reception Hall 10
    Sent on 06/04/2018

Our wedding was at La Fontaine Original. Beautiful wedding. This venue made our wedding preparations stress free. I loved it.

Sent on 02/14/2015

Monique · Married on 04/02/2017

I guess the sizes and look at the surroundings

Sent on 12/31/2016
  • Rebeccaa

Rebecca · Married on 03/10/2012

2.5

This reception hall, for us was a perfect fit. It had everything we needed from the location and capacity, to the flexibility and everything in between. I booked about a year in advance and my ONLY complaint (which was resolved after speaking with management), was the responsiveness and turnover from my initial contact. I actually had to physically bring my dated emails with no responses to the management to really bring my agitation to light.

The language of the management is predominately spanish, although they do have english speaking staff. The english speaking staff, seemed unresponsive, not fully professional and maybe a little on the young side. Had my husband not been a native speaker, I would probably think very differently of this place. Once we brought our frustrations to management (and I got a coordinator) we were able to get the ball rolling.

The reason that I still recommend and rate highly is because of what they did to turn the inital frustrations around. They did work with us on some of our crazy requests and did it with a smile. If they disagreed with us, you can see that it wasn't out of malice or spite, but out of their experience, and we were able to negotiate a happy medium with whatever it was we wanted. Overall, they reallly came through with what we had planned. Their coordinator, who came in at the last minute, was excellent. Very sweet, charismatic, and worked well with my outside coordinator.

They really made things easy for us in regards to storage and clean up, which we are so grateful for, as we had our honeymoon the very next day. Their waitstaff and barstaff were awesome. Their flexibility really was a saving grace when it came down to cups, alcohol, toasts, food...etc. These are the things that really made a difference at the last minute, that they didn't have to do as some things weren't in our contract.

We weren't rushed out and overall, on the day of, they really came though. For a wedding with 300 people, the day went as smoothly as it possibly could have and I am very happy with the turnout.

Sent on 05/24/2012

3.0

So far so good. This place has been pretty flexible and provides a lot of value for the price. It is beautiful and I love that they have upgraded decor and chivari chairs. I am excited to see how they live up to their reviews and can't wait to get married here.

**update: be careful with your contract. They try to change things on you last minute or tell you that something isn't included. One of the lady's told me I didn't have any dishes or silverware for outside food vendors 5 days before my wedding. Then when I got upset for her not explaining it correctly (she meant for appetizers only) she said sorry you read that wrong. How do you read something wrong?

Sent on 08/11/2014

Angelica · Married on 05/31/2014

3.6
      1.0
      3.0

Great venue! The reason I did not give them a better score is because I did not get my cake cutter back which was a special gift sent from Peru. This piece was all sterling silver, of good quality. I was heartbroken when I did not find it with all other items they returned. 1st I spoke to someone who said she would call back, there was no return call. Then I went in person to speak to someone and again she said she would check and call me back, there was no call back. Then I emailed the sales person but there was no returned email or call. I'm very disappointed that my cake cutter was lost with them.

Sent on 10/24/2014

3.0

This venue is absolutely gorgeous and in a good location for parking and whatnot. Although my reception was beautiful it did become difficult to coordinate with the staff - I never spoke with them on the first try they always had to call me back. Also, a lot of questions they didn't have answers to so I would always be waiting for someone else to talk to someone else to ask someone else, etc. Finally perhaps the worst part of the wedding was after the event was over and we had paid for everything the staff insulted our outside caterer and my father and refused to cooperate when the caterer left something behind. It was an overall okay experience but I would think twice before booking if you think you'll have last minute changes or you have a picky family.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Veronica · Married on 09/18/2010

3.0

Gorgeous place, smells and looks nice and that is always a plus!!! I got to say that the place sells itslef...its a very nice small hall and for a total of our 200 guests it fit well. I do got to say they have a great staff there very friendly; my guest said that the waiters were all very nice. It was great working with a few of the employees there too along the process(Cynthia and Cindy and one more but cant think of her name). Elvia (Owner) is a sweet lady but it almost seems as if she is willing to get every penny out of you. The husband of Elvia is a great person and very detailed he understands what the customer is looking for or what they are envisioning on their day!!! I do got to say that on the day of my wedding they did do a BIG screw up but were able to clean it up well. Due to them not coordinating it correctly - We had payed extra $ for servers and they had everything set up as a buffet style. We talked with the manager Elvia and she got it fixed right away. Other than that i can say it is a little difficult to get a hold of just one set wedding coordinator. If your going to book try to make sure that you stick with one person to handle all your details and wants for your day. But other than that i can honestly say that my day turned out wonderful and i loved every bit of it :)I got the catering and cake included with the package and everyone of our guests had something positive to say!! The cake was delicious and looked so cute that i didnt want to cut into it...LOL!!! Restrooms are very nice and clean and a plus is that they have a special room along with your own RR for you and your husband (PRIVATE) that came in handy!!! LOL!! Happy Planning ladies!! One thing they do need to update their website...place is prettier in person and that i know of they are making a new location i think in Katy area? Ask details

Sent on 12/16/2010
  • aprilflower

Mayra · Married on 04/24/2010

3.0

Beautiful venue! Very NICE staff, just need to work on their communication with their clients. It was very difficult to get in touch with my 'event coordinator' by phone. Unfortunately I had to resort to visiting the reception hall many times for small details that could have been taken care of over the phone. As my fiance would say "they came up clutch" and our wedding definitely wasn't their first rodeo so everything played out nicely the day of our event, but I cared for peace of mind before our event and that was a little hard to come by.

Sent on 05/13/2010
  • User2092787 · 2+ years ago

1.8
      2.5
      2.0
      3.5

This vendor changed the location of our wedding on three separate occasions. The staff on the day of our wedding by God's grace was beautiful and the staff was very professional.... but we went through a LOT with this hall.

Sent on 09/05/2012

0.4
      0.5

I would not recommend this place to anyone. I had our wedding there on Dec. 11 and the coordinator was nowhere to be found. The servers were in the back eating the guest's food. I had at least 20-30 people not get to eat because of the servers eating. We brought our own fruit and the servers took it home. Whenever I called to speak to the manager, he accused me of lying about what happened and refused to do anything about it. They are not someone I would ever give my money for again for an event. They are not a very good business. They are constantly changing staff and are never available to help.

Sent on 02/08/2017