L-4-Love Reviews

L-4-Love 4
L-4-Love 5
L-4-Love 6

Dana · Married on 09/14/2013

I cannot recommend Lauren enough to all brides-to-be! I was planning a wedding with two challenges. 1) I was in California and the wedding was in Hawaii. 2) The wedding was held at a site where everything needed to be brought in and cleared out of, same day. So coordinating many vendors, details and being organized was essential. I knew going into the wedding planning, that I was going to need a wedding planner for at least part of the process. Initially, I was only going to hire a 'Day of' wedding planner, but after talking to Lauren, I decided to have her help me with all the planning. That was the most valuable wedding-related decisions I made.

Lauren made the whole process so much more manageable, for both my husband and I. We all felt really comfortable with each other right away, which made our communications easy and in synch. Lauren really understood what we envisioned for our wedding, even if our ideas were pretty vague. Plus, she has excellent taste!! So all of her recommendations we're spot on, whether it was decorations, lighting, floor plans, etc. And as she said, she is very detail-oriented, which is absolutely crucial for wedding planner to be. She is also super responsive and professional!

I could go on and on, but just take away this: If you hire Lauren, you will be happy you did!!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Marissa · Married on 09/07/2013

I hired Lauren of L-4 Love to coordinate my wedding this September. She and her team did a fantastic job. ** full disclosure – I knew Lauren before I hired her (we have the same circles of friends) – which is why I knew she would do a fabulous job as our day-of-coordinator.**
    When I got engaged, I knew that I wanted to “plan” the wedding myself. I’m very organized and had a distinct vision in mind for what I wanted our wedding to look like. At the same time, I knew that I couldn’t do everything myself and that I needed to hire a day-of-coordinator that would be able to handle all the little details and the little hiccups that inevitably occur on a wedding day. Lauren went above and beyond the title of “day of coordinator.”
    Prior to the wedding, I must have exchanged a hundred emails with Lauren, who was always patient and prompt with responses. Lauren was also so helpful in communicating and negotiating with vendors and with ensuring that my timeline was complete and that everything was covered. On the day-of the wedding, Lauren and her team executed the wedding day plan perfectly. My husband and I really could not have asked for more.
    If you have any questions about my experience with L-4 Love, please don’t hesitate to message me!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Lauren was very professional and detail-oriented. She was quick to reply to all calls and emails and worked with all of our vendors (some of whom were extremely difficult). Thanks to Lauren, we barely had to do anything. She was very easy to work with and is a really sweet person. I am so happy we had her plan our wedding, which turned out to be better than anything I could have imagined.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Nel · Married on 09/01/2013

I'm the mother-of-the-bride and I was more anxious and stressed out than my daughter. I didn't have to worry about anything. Lauren is super organized, kept us on timeline, remembered every detail and is so sweet. I felt so relaxed and I truly enjoyed myself. Thank you, Lauren. You're the best!

Sent on 09/18/2013
  • W

WeiWei · Married on 08/03/2013

To all the future brides, you must hire Lauren for your wedding!
    Most people who know me would say that I am very detailed and organized. When it came to planning our wedding I thought I would be able to take care of it. My husband had suggested that we look at hiring a planner just so it would take the stress off a bit but i didn't think we could afford it in our budget. Our venue was an outdoor location and we would have to bring EVERYTHING in ourselves so we decided that we would at least call around and see how much a day of coordinator would cost. I was in shock at the prices and the attitudes that we got. It seemed like because we didn't have a huge budget other companies weren't willing to work with us. A family member had recently gotten married and suggested that we get in contact with Lauren who had planned his wedding. That was the best decision we made! Lauren was very professional, quick to respond and friendly. We decided we would hire her as our day of planner but also to help us with our rehearsal and a few other things. Turns out she helped us with SO MUCH MORE! One of the main issues we were having was with our catering. We are both foodies and having good food was at the top of our list. We had gone through two other companies and were pretty much down to the wire (1 month before our date) and we still didn't have a caterer. I talked to Lauren about the situation and she quickly recommended a company that had just done a wedding the previous week with her. Not only did she recommend but she got us a tasting at the last minute and helped us with emails, calls and negotiating. I could go on and on about things that Lauren did for us but I would be writing all day. Bottom line is that if you think you can't afford or can do it yourself as I did, think again. The stress and anxiety that Lauren and her team took off of me is priceless. Our wedding turned out EXACTLY as we had hoped for. Lauren, we couldn't be more thankful!!!!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Lauren is absolutely WONDERFUL! She was flexible, hardworking, and made my dream come true.

Sent on 08/06/2013
  • F

Francoise · Married on 07/26/2013

I got engaged in March, and my fiancé and I wanted to get married here, where we met and fell in love, before having to move to the mainland in August. Lauren pulled off my dream wedding on a tight budget and less than 5 months to plan! I can honestly say that we actually HAD fun at our own wedding!!!!

She was incredibly nice, thoughtful, and dedicated to helping me carry out my vision, rather than what she thought it ought to be. She is very well connected on Oahu, so she can help you find the right vendor at the right price! Importantly, she's also very honest and was upfront about some of the things I wanted that would put us over-budget. I was able to think things through with her help and make decisions where to cut down on cost in order to have the things that were most important to me.

She was also determined to keep my stress level at a minimum (which is darn near impossible for a graduate student, planning a rush wedding while trying to move her life to the mainland for internship). At one point, my fiancé joked that I spent more time talking to her on the phone than I did talking to him!

Lastly, to all the geeks like me out there, she has all kinds of awesome spreadsheets that she shares to help you keep track of guest lists, cost, and every steps along the process!!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Kristin · Married on 07/13/2013

We hired Lauren for day-of planning after the amazing work we had witnessed her do at a friends wedding. I could not have been more pleased with the decision to hire Lauren as our planner. She truly helped make our special day the BEST it could possibly be! Lauren is knowledgeable and organized; sweet and calming while authoritative when she needs to be. In the weeks leading up to the wedding she helped get me on the right track with all things necessary and brought many details of planning to my attention that I would have otherwise missed.
    I would recommend Lauren a thousand times over.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Gabriella · Married on 07/05/2013

Lauren was amazing to work with! I actually worked for the catering company and from a vendor's point of view, I would love to work with her much much more in the future. Everything was beautiful and so well organized. Everyone present just looked so relaxed!

I would definitely recommend Lauren and her team to future clients looking for an amazing planner or coordinator :)

Sent on 07/08/2013

Skye · Married on 07/05/2013

I was the makeup artist for the bride and bridesmaid. I do not live in the location of the actual wedding and would be flying in just for this event. Lauren was great at communicating the logistics and time. Any changes or updates she kept me well informed which made my job a whole lot easier. The actual wedding itself looked amazing from what I saw and it seemed like the bride was very relaxed and not worried about a thing on her special day except to have fun and get married. I believe this is what all brides would want!

Sent on 08/18/2013

Marci · Married on 06/30/2013

Lauren from L-4-Love truly made our wedding a day Brett and I will remember forever. From our first meeting, I felt like Lauren knew exactly what we were looking for. Her enthusiasm was contagious! She was able to take our raw vision and come up with special detailed touches that transformed our simple ideas into a breathtaking reality. I really appreciate that she always gave us her honest opinion. With all of her talent and experience, her honesty really helped us create something even more beautiful than we had originally envisioned! The one thing I really appreciate about Lauren is that her honest goal above all goals is to create a wedding that is unique to each couple that she works with!

Equally pairing Lauren's creativity was her amazing organizational skills. I can admit that my responses to her questions were not always as fast as she probably hoped but Lauren was able to subtly guide me to make my decisions in a timely manner, which really helped to make the final month before the wedding a less painful experience than I thought it was going to be.

Throughout the entire process, Lauren made sure our needs were taken care of! She always made us feel like we were her number one priority. Thank you Lauren for making our day so special!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Jennifer · Married on 01/26/2013

I knew i wanted to do most if not all the wedding planning for our wedding, but I knew from other friend's that I NEEDED a wedding coordinator for the day of. My now husband proposed in September after 9+ years of serious dating (and a few dogs later) and we decided we need to have our wedding 3ish months later to accommodate his brother's baseball schedules. Lauren was one of 3 vendors I contacted the week after we were engaged. She quickly responded and was checking in with me to see my progress in the wedding planning and always offering assistance in anything I needed. Although we were long distance, we kept constant email contact almost every day and mostly 3-7x a day! She never got irritated with my questions or my rambling emails and was always sending me helpful advice to help me make educated decisions for everything from decorations to vendors.
    When we got down to the last month, Lauren was quick to step in and coordinate with the other vendors and handling all coordination and logistics for our wedding. I was still finalizing details and STILL finding the last vendors, but this never fazed Lauren, and she gave me recommendations to help me finalize everything. We had only 2 teleconferences to discuss and update her on the latest developments and she was EXTREMELY organized and asked all the right questions that would keep us from missing any details on the day of.
    Wedding day went as smoothly as we could (unexpected last minute guest, 2 missing guests, wind/rain, dead fish for our centerpiece, forgetting the rings, parent's gifts and my garter, change in the reception floor plan) but Lauren was INCREDIBLY calm and collected and quickly resolved things. Hiring L-4 Love was THE BEST MONEY we spent on our wedding and I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone having a wedding ANYWHERE. Lauren and her staff were organized, trustworthy, prepared, easy to work with and above all AWESOME.

Sent on 02/10/2013

Stephanie · Married on 12/01/2012

I had the honor having Lauren not only as my wedding planner but as a bridesmaid for my Cabo San Lucas destination wedding. This was her first out of the country wedding in Mexico and even though we may have gone through some struggles with the coordinator at the hotel, Lauren never let it get to her. She was able to arrange for all of my visions to be implemented even though we never met with a vendor, sampled any food or desserts, looked at any fabrics or decor up close (except for through pictures) or even personally saw the hotel that we had decided to get married at. In the end it was a day that I NEVER could have done by myself or been as creative without Lauren. It is pretty impressive that she is able to do all of this on her own; no team alongside to help her. I would have to say that no matter how much help you think you don't need or how organized you claim to be, having someone on your side who knows the smallest of details to the biggest decisions; like picking out your dress, Lauren is the perfect person to have there. Even just a consult is worth your time. Cause you don't know what Lauren has in store for the wedding of your dreams like she had for mine.

Sent on 01/11/2013

Anthony · Married on 10/20/2012

Lauren was Great! It was a pleasure working with her. She is very personable and organized. Made my job and all the rest of the Vendors job so much easier. If your looking for an extraordinary organized and friendly planner, this is your person.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Anna · Married on 10/20/2012

My husband and I decided shortly after our engagement that we would handle the wedding planning and coordination on our own. We are both very organized professionals, and have a huge circle of family and friends in our corner begging to help out. Plus, we were on a very tight budget and figured it would be better to splurge elsewhere. Fast forward to a month before the wedding, stressed out to the max and feeling like we were driving all of our loved ones crazy, we decided to hire a day-of coordinator. Lauren and I received our business degrees together and I had seen on facebook that she started a wedding planning company. I contacted her for information, and that was the best decision I have made.

Lauren’s day-of coordination package is really misleading (it is SO much more). There was not a day in the month coming up to my wedding that we didn’t talk. I felt like I took a dump truck full of stress and put it all onto her. She is glued to her email and is an excellent communicator. She asked the questions that either I hadn’t thought of or I hadn’t said out loud. She worked closely with all of my vendors (and family/friend helpers), ironed out every possible detail, and even gave us a few surprises on the wedding day. We were shocked that she seemed to be everywhere we were, ready and waiting to tell us what was next.

The ease of mind she provided on my wedding day is intangible and priceless. And trust me: I was one of those crazy stressed brides before meeting her. I highly recommend Lauren and her services. I will pass her information along to anyone I know planning an event.

Sent on 10/24/2012

aaron · Married on 09/15/2012

Lauren is a blast to work with. She lets vendors do what they do best and does well under stress.

Sent on 09/22/2012

alison · Married on 09/15/2012

As a vendor, it was refreshingly pleasant to work with Lauren. Being a vendor, we don't always get treated properly and I feel it sets the tone for the day. She definitely understood the needs from my standpoint and the brides. Lauren is wonderful!!!!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Roy · Married on 09/15/2012

As the emcee for this event it was necessary for me to understand the wants and needs of the bride and groom. Lauren provided 100% of the information that I needed at all times (before, during and after the event). Even when I "goofed" on a few names or time lines, Lauren's professionalism and flexibility really shined for this event. As with any wedding, last minute changes to the program are inevitable. Lauren's cool demeanor and patience helped to settle the bride and the groom. Every detail, and then some, was attended to with great care and purpose. I found working with Lauren a joy and am honored to have had the opportunity to work along side of her. Lauren is truly the dedicated professional who exemplifies her talents and gifts through her compassion and care for all the details of planning and executing this event. Word to any prospective Bride or Groom....You can't get any better than Lauren. Uncompromised service, detailed, full of ideas, creative, great service vendor connections and most of all a passion for what she does....Excellence....Mahalo Lauren. Aloha Pumehana. Ahui Hou.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Luela & German · Married on 09/15/2012

We had a GREAT experience with Lauren – she is amazing beyond words. We absolutely love her!! From day one, she was very attentive to our needs, very accommodating, and was always available for questions or any concerns we had. She went out of her way to ensure that we were happy – always extending a helping hand, even to go as far as doing most of the grunt work herself. Lauren is also very professional, organized, and experienced; she knew how to turn our ideas and dreams into reality. She pays very close attention to detail, and thus our wedding day went seamlessly. Throughout the entire process, Lauren ultimately became not just our wedding planner, but our counselor and friend as well. My husband and I will forever be grateful for the role she played in creating the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Greg · Married on 08/18/2012

As an event venue (Sunset Ranch Hawaii), we are constantly dealing with event and wedding planners. Lauren at L-4-Love is one of the more proactive planners we have worked with. She is well organized and her attention for detail is superb. Perhaps more importantly, she is joy to work with, and she puts her clients and vendors at ease. We hope to work with her again very soon.

Sent on 08/29/2012

Jimmy · Married on 08/18/2012

Lauren planned our wedding in 2012. I don't know how we could have done it without her!

She is diligent, detail-orientated, and organized. I was very impressed with her ability to rise above the chaos and maintain calm, assertive direction on the day of and throughout the planning 'process'.

I'll never do it again, but if I was going to I wouldn't do it without Lauren. I have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone who wants to work with an exceptional event planner!

Our Wedding was absolutely beautiful and more importantly relaxing!

Thanks again!!

Sent on 03/22/2013

I had the absolute pleasure of working with Lauren on the Joslyn & Taylor wedding. I did the bride's makeup. She worked with me months in advance to make sure the bride and her wedding party had everything they needed and were well taken care of. Lauren and I did all of the communicating so the bride didn't have to fuss or worry on her big day. When the big day came around, Lauren was always available to answer any questions I might have had and even printed a schedule for the bride and her wedding party for the hair stylist and I. She kept us right on track! Friendly, responsible, attentive and professional. I've got her number when it's my turn to walk down the aisle.

Sent on 08/23/2012

Joslyn · Married on 07/14/2012

Originally like most brides I thought I didn't need a wedding planner, but when the decision/stress just got to be too much, I called Lauren and it was the best decision I made (except for the groom of course). I was excited to work with Lauren because from her website I knew she was young, modern and fresh. From my first meeting with Lauren, I knew I could trust her, she made me feel comfortable and stress less knowing my wedding would be exactly how I imagined it. She also won over my mother who would be involved in helping plan a California wedding from Arizona! Lauren was always available for you to pick her brain. As her website says, she provides unlimited consultation before the wedding and she means it! Any call, text or email I would send would be returned within minutes.

Our Reception was 120+ at private residence in Malibu, CA and we were responsible for bringing in all the vendors, tables, decorations, linens, china…. (honestly the list could go on and on). We also got married in a near by church, so lots of logistics involved. She seamlessly coordinated all the vendors and beautifully executed an idea that was in my mind. Her ever-famous timeline was so detail-oriented and definitely made the day so smooth for everyone involved. Not once did she blink at a request or an extra thing put on the TO DO list. The day of the wedding I had three assistant planners because Lauren had another wedding (I knew this when I hired her), and they were all so wonderful and professional. At the end of it all, Lauren did way more than what I paid her for and I am so grateful. Lauren is a true professional; her attitude, work ethic, and dedication to her clients is obvious. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! - Joslyn and Taylor

Sent on 12/13/2012

CJ · Married on 07/07/2012

Lauren was fantastic. Being the typical male, I didnt really have any interest in participating in the wedding planning (with the exception of a few key items - food, music, guest list). She worked directly with my wife to put together one of the most memorable days I could imagine. Lauren (L4L) made herself immediately available at all times throught the planning process and went above and beyond the week and day of. Everything was maticulously planned and executed. Any surprises/ hurdles were taken care of immediately and effectively. We could not imagine a wedding going as smoothly as ours did.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2012

Lauren Smith of L4Love is the reason our wedding day was as beautiful as it was. I am not organized and tend to have a million ideas but could not pull it together. She listened to me as the babbling bride and helped me find the wedding that was a perfect fit for my husband and I. I found my dress, and the city I wanted to get married in (Santa Barbara, California) and she really did the rest.

I needed Lauren's expertise and definitely her organizational skills and REMINDERS to get me to my wedding day. Her suggestions and information about the bug decisions all the way down to the small reminders like having heel covers for my and my bridesmaids shoes in the grass were exactly what every bride needs to have a worry free wedding.

The best way I can gauge her skills was how impressed all of the guests were with our day. We had a very diverse guest list and across the board, everyone was impressed.

We already had an 8 year old daughter and with how long we have been together, I expressed to Lauren our main goal with our wedding: which was to have a beautiful wedding with the main focus being about our family coming together and celebrating the love that we were already raising our daughter in. Lauren helped me to take care of all the formalities and helped us focus on what was most important to us. She helped mold our ceremony and reception around what worked for us.... Personalizing it to CJ and Melissa.... Not just every bride and groom.

Thank you for very thing LAUREN! Brides and Grooms, do yourself a favor and let her help you with the day YOU TWO want....

Sent on 07/28/2012