Whitewood Films Reviews

22 | Laguna Niguel, CA

22 Reviews for Whitewood Films

Marissa Hanley · Married on 09/29/2018

Lifesaver!

We had to let go of our previous videographer last minute and Justin at Kyro saved the day. Kyro came highly recommended to us from our wedding venue and lucky enough they just happened to be available on our date. Justin was so professional and wonderful to work with! We just recieved our video and I can’t stop watching it. It captures the moment so perfectly. We cannot thank Justin enough for swooping in to help and for delivering such an amazing video!!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Gelia · Married on 05/27/2018

I hired Kyro to film our wedding in May at the Safari Park. From the start they were a pleasure to work with. We did the engagement video and it was a huge hit at the wedding reception. When we watched the actual wedding video it made me even more emotional then I was on the day. They did an amazing job and really took the time to listen and capture what was important to us. I can't thank them enough.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Emily · Married on 03/31/2018

I had Kyro do my wedding photography and they did such a great job! I had two photographers who were both easy to work with and made me feel comfortable! They did an awesome job at timing (we had a lot of family photos to get done in a short period of time) and all the pictures turned out great!
    Definitely recommend Kyro!

Sent on 05/09/2018

alexa · Married on 10/07/2017

There are not enough words to express my gratitude for Kyro Digital. Every step of the way they were amazing. Loved working with them and the finished product. Best quality and value by far.

Sent on 12/10/2017

Alicia · Married on 09/23/2017

We hired Kyro Digital for our Engagement video and Wedding, and are so happy that we did!! The moment we viewed they videos online, and spoke with them on the phone, we knew that they would be perfect for our events. Justin was so very kind and helpful from the very beginning - he had the personality we felt very comfortable with and wanted to work with. From the very beginning he was calm, kind, light-hearted and full of great ideas... and his pricing was just right!

We did our Engagement video several months before the wedding and it was so much fun :) We didn't get to see the video til our wedding day, and it was absolutely perfect... everyone loved it so much! It was so well filmed and put together, we couldn't have asked for anything more. And at that moment, we knew our wedding video was going to be just as awesome...

And it was! About one month after our "main wedding", we had a 2nd wedding reception in Hawaii and really wanted to have our wedding video to show at that reception. Justin was so kind as to rush the video editing so we had it in time to show. We didn't get to see the video til we showed it at the reception, and it was just as amazing as our engagement video... we loved it!! Everyone loved it. How incredible is it to not only have an awesome videographer to work with, but to also be absolutely in love with his work?? We highly recommend Kyro Digital to anyone planning their wedding, or any upcoming event!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Joe · Married on 08/26/2017

I had Kyro weddings do my engagement shoot while my fiancé was out in California over spring break, and they were SO EASY to work with! Justin was creative, professional, and most important for us he made us feel relaxed and easy during the shoot. My fiancé and I absolutely loved how our photos turned out and couldn't be more thankful to have done them through Kyro digital.

Sent on 04/13/2017

Christina · Married on 08/05/2017

We hired Kyro Digital for our wedding videography and we honestly could not be happier with their services! The highlight video as well as the short film they created for us were so touching and beautiful. They highlighted every part of our day and captured so many special moments between my husband and I, and also with our family and friends that were at the wedding. We have gotten so many compliments on the videos that they created and I am so grateful! They also have a Photo Booth available for anyone interested!

We had the pleasure of working with Justin who was just AWESOME. We took a golf cart up the vineyard at our venue for pictures, but the golf cart was having trouble so he offered to walk up the hill and was still smiling! Such a trooper! There was also a mixup in our transportation to the first look and offered to drive me in his car which was nice because I got a chance to actually talk with him and get to know him a bit! He was such a genuine and kind person all around and had funny tricks to make us smile and laugh naturally. He was so easy to be around and made my husband and I feel comfortable in front of the camera so it didn't look forced or awkward. He was also great at communicating and answered any questions or requests I had. I have already been recommending him to my newly engaged friends and would hire them again if I had the chance!!!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Kristin · Married on 07/08/2017

Justin Sherman and the Kyro team are not only talented videographers but reliable and personable to work with. They listen to your creative desires and make your vision come true. They are reliable, honest, trustworthy, creative, fun, hardworking and overall just a genuine team. I could tell that Justin and team really cares about their client and their craft. My husband and I are so thankful to have worked with Kyro! We absolutely LOVE our wedding video and how prompt Kyro was at getting us the final edits! Thank you Kyro!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Allison · Married on 07/01/2017

During wedding planning, I was on the fence about hiring a videographer, and I am SO glad that I did. The day goes by in a blink of an eye, and I am so grateful to have a beautiful video to help me re-live the best day of my life!

Kyro Digital was referred to us by a few different people. We met with the owner, Justin, in person and he was so personable and passionate about his work, I knew it would be a great fit. Everyone at Kyro Digital were responsive to our questions and easy to talk to.

Our package included a short sneak peak video, a highlight video, and a short film. I've watched each of them about 30 times over again. I am so happy with how they turned out, and everyone who I've shared them with has nothing but amazing things to say.

We also rented the photo booth for 4 hours which was set up to use during the reception. Our guests loved it because they got to keep the printed copy, and Kyro provided digital copies to us after the wedding which was an amazing treat.

Thank you to Justin and his team for a memorable experience!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/02/2017

Kyro Digital did both our engagement pictures and our wedding photos and we are beyond happy with the results! Justin and his assistant were very professional and something I was very happy about is that they had poses planned out for the bridal party and me and my husband. It's so awkward to try to come up with cool poses on your own. They were really flexible with all of our (crazy) family members and the pictures turned out gorgeously! I highly reccomend Kyro Weddings for your engagement photos AND wedding photos.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Destyni · Married on 01/28/2017

My fiancé and I had Justin photograph our engagement shoot, and we are SO glad he did! He is professional, well prepared, easy to talk to, fun to work with, and he truly does what he can to make the experience the best it can be. He even was so kind to send my fiancé and I some of his favorite photos from the engagement shoot that same night, which was exciting since I was so eager to see the photos! It was nice to know that he was willing to do what he could to make my fiancé and I feel comfortable during the shoot, and he definitely went above and beyond in giving us a sneak peak of our photos the same night of the shoot and in giving us the rest of our photos in a very timely manner. Definitely recommend Justin!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Katie · Married on 11/20/2016

Justin and his team at Kyro were phenomenal. They met with us many times before the wedding. Kept in contact, and worked hard to give us exactly what we wanted! When the wedding day came, they were insanely amazing. Our guests commented on how hard they were working, and how they were so kind and fun to be around. THEN CAME THE VIDEO. It was better than we ever could have imagined. Our guests have raved about both the photos and videos, and it was the best money we spent on the wedding.

Sent on 12/26/2016

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/03/2016

Justin and his team are FANTASTIC! They were recommended to us by our wedding planner, and we could not be happier. He was reasonably priced, professional, and personable. I was nervous about the video, in trying to stay normal and not react to the camera, etc. and Justin was great about putting me at ease and filming in a way that felt very natural. He was also really great during the editing process. Love his work, and I highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2016

When it came to wedding vendors we knew that we wanted to spring for a great photographer but the hefty prices of videographers left us wondering if it was worth it to have a video. Luckily our wedding planner knew of Justin and sent us his way. She warned us that he was young but that we shouldn't let that bother us. Since she never lead us astray we booked Justin after watching some videos online and speaking to him on the phone. We were wedding planning from one state away and during my busy school year, so I have to admit I was pretty difficult to get ahold of but Justin was persistent and patient with me and we spoke on the phone a few times leading up to the big day. You can tell when you speak to him on the phone that he is very mature and good at what he does. The morning of the wedding he showed up to the hotel we were getting ready and we met for the first time, as expected he was super nice, professional, and left no doubt in my mind that I could go about enjoying my wedding day and he would get all the shots he needed to make us an incredible film. His second shooter, whose name I do not recall, was great too. As the day went on we were able to spend more time with Justin and we were so impressed with the high tech equipment he brought, it was awesome to see a drone flying overhead! On top of all this Justin was just fun to be around and he worked great with our photographer, despite not having worked with them before. Hours later when they got all the footage they needed they came and told us goodbye, but didn't leave before taking a selfie with us :) Now that we have our video I cannot say enough good things. We love it and I can't stop watching it. I can now relive the best day ever again and again and I just wish I could hire him to film everyday of my life! Go book Justin now, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Kimberly · Married on 05/07/2016

Let me start off by saying that these guys are the BEST! We got married on May 7 on the Queen Mary. My husband and I were on a tight budget and were not looking for a videographer but my mother in law insisted and I am SO glad that she found these guys. My husband and I have a 5 year old little boy who is in love with trains and during our engagement shoot, which came out AMAZING!, we mentioned this to Justin. On the day of our wedding he brought our son a train to play with and my son instantly fell in love with all the guys! There were some problems with the projector that the DJ brought and they didnt have the right cords. One of the guys drove to radioshack to buy some cords and try to fix it, during our wedding and we knew NOTHING! They did a great job by not letting us know and not stressing our my Groomzilla. The whole night our son had his own personal paparazzi. We were overjoyed with these guys! They were professional, silly, just very fun to have. When I received the videos it was even better than expected, they made us look like movie stars! perfect lighting, perfect angles, perfect music selection. I have watched my short film about 100 times now and I cry every time! They did an amazing job. I HIGHLY recommend Justin and his crew. Justin, Thain (Mike), Troy-Thank You so much for everything that you did during our wedding, you are all amazing and a great sitter lol! My son keeps asking for "daddys video friends". I cant wait to see you again for my siblings weddings!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Geoffrey · Married on 01/30/2016

Two words to describe Justin - rising star!
    My [now] wife and I were looking for quite some time for a videographer that was creative, unique, professional, and an overall pleasure to work with. On paper that sounds like a relatively easy set of criteria - apparently it's not as easy as we thought when we started our search.
    Queue Justin Sherman. We met with Justin over coffee to paint a basic picture of what we were looking for from a videographer. We had spent quite a bit of time pouring over Justin's videos prior to meeting him, and was blown away by what he was putting together. He has the creative eye, story telling ability, and overall package that we were after. So at this point it was more down to how well we connected with Justin as a person.
    Justin is a real pleasure to know as a person. Despite still being relatively new to the wedding industry (compared to many that we interviewed anyway) you can immediately tell how passionate he is about his craft, and feel the pride that he has toward his work. When someone is that connected to their work they're simply going to be unstoppable. Justin is kind, accommodating, caring, and puts his clients first - not an easy thing for a lot of artists to do well. We found that with a number of other videographers it was their way or the highway. Justin, on the other hand, wanted to know about us, what we were hoping for from him, and how we saw everything coming together. It wasn't long before my wife and I felt so comfortable and confident with Justin that we, for the most part, gave him free reign to do what he does best. That was the best thing that we could have ever done, because the end result was beyond our wildest dreams!
    Justin is an incredible talent. Frankly, I wish that all of the decisions around our wedding were as simple as the one we made to go with Justin Sherman Film Productions.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Whitewood Films's reply:

Thank you so much guys! It was a blast shooting your wedding. It was amazing to see the love you two had for each other. It was like a hollywood type love, where we can look at you two from the outside and see the love that you both had for each other. So happy for you two!

Rosa · Married on 12/04/2015

Justin was recommended to us by our wedding planner and after our first meeting we knew we were in good hands. He always responded to our emails quickly. Justin has an awesome personality and great to work with not to mention his quality of work is awesome. If you're looking for a great videographer for your special occasion I highly recommend Justin !

Sent on 05/30/2016

Julie · Married on 09/26/2015

Justin was very professional from the start and we knew our wedding video was in good hands! He listened to everything that we wanted and really went above and beyond to make sure that he captured our wedding to the best of his ability. Even though our getting ready location was a bit far from the venue, Justin and his assistants came without complaint and it really made it special for us. We love watching our video over and over again, it takes us right back to our wedding day! Thank you Justin!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/07/2014

Justin did an amazing job on our wedding video! He made sure to capture the big moments so we could relive our day. He used the music we wanted too! I would highly reccomend him for any event :)

Sent on 01/05/2015

jason · Married on 09/21/2014

We got married at the Adamson House in Malibu California on May 30th.
    They were awesome! I was over overwhelmed with happiness when I saw your video , it was belond my expectations. They were so flexible and nice. I highly recommend them. Amazingly talented !

Sent on 07/10/2015

He did such a great job on our wedding! We love this guy! 100% reccomend him!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Great Guy to do our wedding! He is super nice and yields GREAT work! We were so happy with the work!

Sent on 01/02/2015