Kyle LaMonica Reviews

71 | Destin, FL

71 Reviews for Kyle LaMonica

Beth · Married on 02/28/2015

I highly recommend Kyle LaMonica for a wedding vendor DJ/musician. Throughout the entire planning process, Kyle was very flexible with meetings that were convenient for my fiancé (now Husband) and I. We had schedules that sometimes required us to work late nights and weekends. He even kept me on track with my wedding deadlines to ensure I had the song list that I wanted and everything was in order.

Kyle is not only a great DJ, he is also a great musician. Everyone enjoyed his acoustic renditions and personally written songs during our cocktail hour. Guests are still talking about him.

Kyle has a very laid back personality that makes him easy to work with and he is very professional when planning/performing for the big day.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Kyle was by far my favorite vendor to work with. His attention to detail and professionalism were impressive but more than that, his passion for singing and creating a memorable event made our wedding the best night of our lives. Kyle let my husband and I customize our wedding playlist and he knew how to keep the crowd on the dance floor. His voice is absolutely beautiful and set the perfect mood for our cocktail hour. He kept the flow of the wedding on point and made sure everyone was having the best time of their lives! My mother has back problems and I've never seen her dance as she did at my wedding. True memories with my close family and friends will be remembered forever because of Kyle and his outstanding services. Book Kyle LaMonica if you want a customized and FUN experience that everyone is sure to love!

Sent on 11/18/2014

We were originally looking for a jazz trio for our wedding, but I stumbled upon Kyle and we went to check him out one night when he played at Harry T's. We went up and talked with him and he came across as a genuinely nice guy. After listening to him play, we decided to book him for our wedding which was on July 26th.
    I waited until the last minute to give him our first dance song, and asked that he learn it to play live, which he did and he rocked it! He did a great job switching from DJ to playing live and back again. I definitely would recommend him to anyone who wants live music and a DJ. It's a great combination to have and it gives the music at your wedding a little something special. Kyle is super accommodating and handled all of the legal ins and outs with the wedding coordinator at the venue without me having to step in and do anything.
    Would definitely recommend to anyone. 5 out of 5 stars for sure.
    5 out of 5 stars for sure!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Kyle was such a fun part of our wedding! We hired him as live entertainment for our rehearsal dinner after-party and he did not disappoint. GREAT VOICE! He has a wide variety of songs to choose from and his personality and charm set for a fun yet laid-back evening! He brought his acoustic guitar since our facility did not allow for speakers - it was a perfect evening after the sun went down with dancing on the beach! Unfortunately our planner did not send him our chosen songs but he came prepared regardless - luckily he had a printed list of his songs in his pocket and myself/guests were able to select songs as the night went along! It really didn't matter since he was so great at reading the mood and picking songs everyone could enjoy and dance to! I cannot wait to listen to him when we are in the area next.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Alicia · Married on 06/14/2014

Kyle could not be more highly recommended from us! He was absolutely fantastic! He played live music during the wedding ceremony and cocktail hour then served as the DJ and MC during the reception. His vocals were amazing during the live performances and his selection and flexibility during the reception kept the dance floor completely crowded the entire night! He was the perfect entertainment solution and very reasonable in price. Kyle brought all of his own equipment and we only needed to provide an electrical source. Kyle certainly receives our highest recommendation for any future wedding or party. Words cannot describe how good Kyle was in EVERY step of the process. You need to book him TODAY!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Libby · Married on 05/31/2014

Kyle was an absolute pleasure to work with, and a true talent! He performed at our rehearsal dinner party in Carillon Beach just a few weeks ago. We wanted a very casual, fun atmosphere since we were having a shrimp boil by one of the pools in Carillon. My parents and a couple friends had been to see him perform at some local places while we were in the throes of wedding planning. They gave him great reviews, along with everybody else we spoke to about him. He came highly recommended and he did not disappoint! He is very talented and professional. The style of music he performed was just perfect for the kind of event we had. He didn't require any work on our part. He's pretty much self-sufficient, and made it so easy to just relax and enjoy our evening with family and friends. On a more personal note, he could not be any nicer of a guy. Jacob and I enjoyed meeting him so much and look forward to hearing him perform again when we head back down to the coast next year!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Erik · Married on 05/25/2014

Kyle Lamonica is an extremely talented, easy going, and professional musician. Kyle truly made our wedding special. When my wife and I decided to get married in Pensacola, we looked around for a while. It wasn't until I stumbled across a few youtube videos of Kyle, that I knew we found our wedding musician.

When we first got in contact with him, he sent us a list of not only his original music, but his guitar playlist of songs he knew. For our wedding, we also wanted him to play a few special songs that he learned for our event. He absolutely nailed it!

Kyle is an extremely talented guitar player. Not only that, but he DJ's as well...double win. Kyle played acoustic guitar prior to the ceremony while guests were arriving and being seated. He played a phenomenal acoustic piece during the ceremony while the bridal party entered. At the conclusion of the ceremony, he played for approximately 3 more hours until transitioning to "DJ mode" for dancing and partying. Our ceremony was outdoors, as was the dance floor. Kyle provided an amazing sound system and DJ lighting system in addition to the music.

I cannot express enough how excited we were and still are, that he was able to play at our wedding. He made it truly an original and unforgettable event. I can honestly say that our wedding and night vibe would not have been the same had Kyle not been there.

We are truly blessed for what Kyle did for our wedding. We would absolutely choose him again, and would recommend him to anyone without a doubt.

Sent on 06/07/2014

My wife and I were so happy using Kyle for our wedding in Rosemary Beach. We chose him based on a recommendation from our wedding coordinator, and it turned out amazing. He was extremely responsive via email while planning the wedding.

Kyle played acoustic guitar during the ceremony, and it was beautiful. During the cocktail hour he played guitar and sang songs based on a list of music we liked. We had not heard him play or sing before the wedding, but we were blown away with his talent. All of our guests commented on how great he was and how he kept the flow of the night going smoothly. Kyle was fantastic as a DJ during the reception. He kept the party fun for all of our guests.

Kyle was completely professional and was so accommodating for us. He knew how to turn a reception into an amazing party that was so memorable. I would recommend Kyle LaMonica to anyone looking for a great musician who can blend live music and DJ.

Sent on 04/18/2014

We planned our wedding at Watercolor and was pleased to have found Kyle. We were having an intimate group and wanted the reception to be more like a classy dinner party. Kyle provided live acoustic music during our cocktail hour and reception.

The guests were so pleased with the music and was enjoyed by everyone. He did a great job of maintaining the flow of our wedding and monitoring the activity in order to play just the right song.

He was very organized and provided music selections in advance so that we could choose the songs we wanted to hear. We also created a play list so that during his set breaks we could hear our favorite music picks.

The entire day was beautiful and thanks to Kyle we had nothing to worry about where the music and entertainment was concerned. We hope on our next visit to join Kyle at one of his shows.

Sent on 03/06/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Seaside, Florida. After some online research and recommendations when visiting the area, it was a sure thing that we had to look into Kyle. While in Seaside, we were lucky enough to be able to catch one of his shows and talk with him afterwards about playing at our event. Unfortunately, he was already booked for our wedding, but was available for our rehearsal dinner the day before. On our way home, I immediately emailed Kyle and booked him for our date! From that initial email, Kyle stayed in close communication with me all the way up until our wedding week answering my questions and making sure I had all the information I needed (and that he needed from me) to ensure that everything ran smoothly. And run smoothly it did! Kyle provided the perfect atmosphere for our guests at our outdoor beachside dinner with his musical talents and MC/DJ abilities. We received many compliments about him throughout the night on his singing & music abilities, many people asking us "where did you find him at?". He kept the evening running smoothly, on time, accommodated any special requests that we had, and even toughed out the cool weather that snuck up on us. Beyond his entertainment value, I felt as if Kyle was very professional while still remaining personable and genuine, which means a lot to me. When meeting him, I felt as if I had already known him for awhile. My husband and I were blessed with a very talented "team" of wedding vendors and entertainers - Kyle being one of them. If you are looking for someone to provide musical entertainment, then I highly recommend Kyle. I am certain that he will create a beautiful event and lasting memories just as he did for our evening.

Sent on 11/23/2013

Trevor · Married on 09/14/2013

Everything the other reviews mentioned is spot on. Kyle does great acoustics and then can switch to DJ for the end of the night. Everyone thought it was a fantastic reception.

But the best part about Kyle was his professionalism. He was by far the easiest vendor that we worked with during the wedding planning. He was extremely flexible, responsive, and had a great attitude. I wish I could give him six stars.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Ryan · Married on 09/07/2013

We may be biased because it was our wedding but we could not have asked for a better DJ than Kyle for our Ruskin Place reception. He not only entertained the crowd, but he kept the wedding reception moving along according to schedule. We were even 45 min late arriving to the ceremony, and he was able to keep up with the new abridged schedule without missing a beat.

We knew Kyle had a great voice, and wanted to allow our guests to hear him sing. We decided to have him perform acoustically during our cocktail hour. Kyle gave us a list pretty comprehensive list of songs to choose from, all different forms of music, and we selected our favorites. Unfortunately, we were not there to hear him perform but thankfully he was playing in town the next night! I can not tell you the number of guests that came up to us and asked who he was because he had such a great voice and wide range of song knowledge.

We were pretty particular about what we wanted played and didn’t want played. We gave him a list of must plays and don’t plays, as well as a list of songs we like, but we told him he knows how to get the crowd moving so whatever he feels necessary to do that go ahead.

Kyle is also great at putting up with a new husband that has had a little scotch to drink and thought he knew how to play DJ. A few times I would go up to the DJ stand and ask him to play a certain song. He could have easily said, well I think this would be better, but he didn’t even think twice about it and appeased my every request.

Everything he did was professional and spot on. Even better is the type of person he is. If you are looking for a DJ that will only spin top 40, has crazy theatrics and a cheesy smile, then Kyle is not for you. However, if you are like us, and are looking for a DJ that will accommodate your every wish and turn your wedding into the dance party of your life, all while relating to every guest, then Kyle LaMonica is your best bet.

Sent on 01/23/2014

Caroline · Married on 07/27/2013

We are so happy with our decision to have Kyle entertain during our cocktail hour and wedding reception. He is such a talented musician and our guests were so complimentary. It was really a treat for everyone! He played acoustic guitar and sang during our cocktail hour and dinner- we were able to pick songs from his expansive song list beforehand. They were beautiful and just perfect for our intimate wedding evening. Kyle helped make the transitions throughout the night seamless. He was a wonderful musician, MC, and DJ! After dinner and cake, he switched to DJ mode and everyone had a blast dancing the night away! It was so unique to be able to have both live and recorded music at our wedding-- and all entertainment provided by just Kyle! We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a flawless night of entertainment at their wedding or event. In addition to being extremely talented, he is also very professional and easy to work with!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Toby · Married on 05/15/2012

Even though we eloped, it was very important to ust to have a musician for our ceremony. I was so happy when I found Kyle online. He quickly responded to all of my inquiries, had a great song list, and was wonderful to work with, not to mention, EXTREMELY talented!! Being from out of the area, we were fortunate to meet and watch him play the night before our wedding, which was a wonderful way to spend the evening. He is fantastic, and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an acoustic musician that has a great, beachy vibe for your Panhandle wedding. Love him!!

Sent on 06/07/2012

Kelly · Married on 04/15/2012

Kyle was fantastic! Such great music, perfectly tailored to the different portions of the ceremony and reception. He was great with the guitar for the ceremony, and dj'd the dancing as the night went on. A great value too.

Sent on 02/09/2013

Suzanne · Married on 03/24/2012

Kyle provided the music for my daughter's wedding ceremony, as well as playing for the cocktail hour. He is such an incredible talent!!!

Sent on 03/29/2012

Amy · Married on 12/05/2009

Kyle was absolutely perfect for our intimate beach wedding. He played during the ceremony and then played our first dance song. He even learned a song just for us! We couldn't be happier. He was great to work with.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Michelle · Married on 03/25/2017

We absolutely loved working with Kyle. We actually heard him play 6 months before our wedding at a restaurant, and realized he was our guy. Kyle did a great job playing his guitar and singing during cocktail hour and dinner, then after the cake cutting we had him switch into DJ mode. The bridesmaids had a dress malfunction and were late to the wedding, so he was great about playing some music while our guests waited to go down to the beach for the ceremony. He was very professional and easy to get a hold of throughout the whole process. We made a song list of our favorites for him and he stuck to it. We look forward to watching him play on our next visit to Santa Rosa Beach.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Liz · Married on 05/17/2014

My husband and I heard Kyle performing at WaterColor Resort. He was very professional and has a great sense of humor. Kyle made himself available to us after his set and provided us with his card so we could contact him at a later date. Kyle always responded to emails and phone calls. He was so entertaining during our rehearsal dinner. He played the guitar and my daughter sang - we are still amazed at how beautiful the rehearsal dinner entertainment was. He also played the guitar and sang at my sons wedding - it was very beautiful. We look forward to our next trip to Florida and we will definitely look Kyle up so we can enjoy his music again.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/13/2013

Kyle LaMonica performed the music during my wedding ceremony on the beach and then he quickly moved upstairs to play during our cocktail/dinner/reception time. He was awesome! I highly recommend him. Be sure to snag him up as far in advance as possible; he gets booked quickly! He was worth every penny we paid. He arrived early (before we even got there!), set up on the beach and upstairs at our venue, and also did the task of checking the weather radars for me!!! He was personable, professional, and incredibly easy to work with. Kyle did everything we needed without requiring directions/information during the stressful big day! He was just there, doing everything he does, perfectly. It was worth the money to not have to stress this important part of our wedding! He asked well in advance for songs we like (as well as songs we didn't want to hear!). He also created a playlist for our first dances, and he did announcements/DJ duties for us. You will NOT regret hiring him to play for your wedding! He's talented, professional, easy going, fun to work with, kind, and prompt. I highly recommend Kyle for your big day! Everyone at my wedding complimented him and loved him!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Christina · Married on 10/02/2010

This guy is AWESOME! He played acoustic guitar and sang during our cocktail hour, played soft music during dinner, and really cranked it up for the DJed dance party part of our reception. He is super chill, NOT cheesy, very reasonably priced, flexible as can be, and exceptionally talented! I highly, HIGHLY recommend him!!

Sent on 02/09/2011