Kyle LaMonica Reviews

70 | Destin, FL

70 Reviews for Kyle LaMonica

Sara · Married on 02/11/2017

Kyle was amazing! Starting with the planning process, Kyle was on top of everything! He played/sang acoustic during our ceremony and cocktail hour and DJ'd after dinner. We had a very small guest count, but Kyle kept the energy up. He played EXACTLY what we requested. He is very talented and very professional. He was exactly what we wanted and he delivered.

Sent on 02/19/2017

Bruce · Married on 10/30/2016

Kyle sang and played his guitar at our wedding and cocktail hour. He then switched to a DJ for the party. He was excellent! We weren't sure if we wanted a band or a DJ but we got both with Kyle. We checked out his reviews while deciding what we wanted to do and saw all 5's. Everyone was right! His skills are more than a 5 on a 5 scale.

Sent on 01/04/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2016

Words cannot express how well Kyle captured the exact feel, musically, we wanted for our wedding. Given the location at Carillon, we wanted a laid back vibe and he certainly did not disappoint. Kyle was very easy to work with and we were able to meet him during our one trip to the area for planning. He invited us to listen to him play at a opening and we knew right away we had to have him play at our wedding. Kyle played the guitar and sand for our ceremony/cocktail hour and then changed into a DJ for the reception. He was very accommodating, gracious, and loved by everyone. Our guests all complimented him after the wedding. If he is ever in Houston, he will definitely have a fan club. Kyle- thank you so much for making our day so special! ~Sarah and Alex

Sent on 12/28/2016

Patrick · Married on 10/01/2016

We were referred to Kyle by our favourite local musician, Jason Clark. Kyle is also local to the area (Niceville). He was very responsive and accommodating, as my (now) wife and I had to plan our wedding from our home in London, and we were not always readily available or as responsive as we wished to be. However, this never became an issue because Kyle kept a very flexible timeline. We never felt over loaded or pressured with requests for information, decisions or payments. His communications were always very clear, professional and positive.

Kyle performed acoustic guitar for our ceremony, cocktail hour and first dance, as well as Dj'ed during the reception. His skill as a guitarist is top notch. Following the ceremony, my wife and I went for pictures on the beach, so we were unable to enjoy Kyle's singing during the cocktail hour, but the feedback from our guests was overwhelmingly positive. However, we were able to enjoy Kyle's singing during our first dance, and he did a wonderful rendition of Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud, which he performed outside during sunset.

Kyle Dj'ed during the reception. We tasked him with setting up indoors, but we called an audible following the ceremony as the weather was too nice not to dance outside. Kyle happily facilitated, moving his sound equipment outside and setting up there, while continuing to Dj indoors. He continually came to check on the music and played guest requests.

On the whole, Kyle did a wonderful job, and if not for my beautiful wife, he would be the highlight of the wedding. I write this review quite happily as a full and complete recommendation. Thanks again, Kyle!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Hannah · Married on 10/01/2016

Kyle is wonderful! Having him at our wedding was one of the best decisions we made for our big day! Kyle played guitar during our cocktail hour and DJ'd after dinner. All of our guests absolutely loved him! We felt like we got the best of both worlds, the intimacy of a band then the party atmosphere of a DJ.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Lindsey · Married on 09/25/2016

Kyle was fantastic to work with! He responded quickly to all my emails and worked with my wedding planner on additional details. He learned several songs we had to have and sang them during our ceremony. He also picked a couple songs on his own to play and they fit our wedding perfectly. Kyle was also the DJ for the reception and had everyone dancing!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Angel · Married on 07/30/2016

Kyle was absolutely amazing! He was exactly what we envisioned for our intimate beach wedding. We had two special songs that were not on his current song list, and he learned them for us with just a few weeks to go. He was the perfect musician for our wedding!!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Kyle LaMonica's reply:

Glad you felt that I was a great fit for your wedding event, Angel. Thank you for your feedback. I hope to see you both on future visits to the gulf coast again sometime in the future! -Kyle
  • W

Wesley · Married on 06/24/2016

Kyle was wonderful for our beach ceremony and reception at 790 on the Gulf. We loved his personality- Our guests had a blast at our wedding because of Kyle. I highly recommend him for any event! Very organized and professional. He was quick to answer his emails and gave me peace of mind planning a wedding 8 hours away!!! We cannot wait to hear him play again! Thanks again Kyle!
    ---Darrell and Wesley

Sent on 10/04/2016

Kyle LaMonica's reply:

I really enjoyed performing and entertaining for your big day, Wesley. It was a pleasure working with you guys! Hope to see you and Darrell again sometime soon on the gulf coast! -Kyle

Stacee · Married on 05/01/2016

My husband and I tied the knot May 1, 2016 at Eden Gardens State Park in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. If any of you have been to this venue you know how dreamy and laid back it is. We were looking for not only a DJ to rock our night away when the sun went down, but for someone to play live acoustic guitar for the ceremony and cocktail hour and Kyle was the one we trusted to make this happen. From the very beginning he was so very professional and responsive. Quick to answer emails and also had some great suggestions! He is VERY talented and he even learned a special song for my father and I to dance to. He has a calmness about him that will just make you feel at ease on your special day. From his awesome voice and skills on the guitar all of your guest will have the time of their life! After the sun went down he pumped up the dance floor and even though it was a hot humid night he kept the energy alive and people on the dance floor wanting to dance the night away. Thank you again for the best day of our lives!

Stacee and Alejandro Pelegrina

Sent on 07/17/2016

Kyle LaMonica's reply:

Thank you for the very kind words, Stacee! Such a fun wedding group.

Sarah · Married on 04/30/2016

Kyle was awesome! He played and sang for the first part of our reception and then DJ'd the second part. Both parts were so amazing. He learned a special song for our first dance and it was beautiful. His song choices were perfect during both parts. He got everyone on the dance floor and truly made our reception fun, memorable and honestly perfect. Kyle was very easy to work with leading up to the wedding and used our input to create a magical night. We would recommend him highly to anyone that wants to have an amazing reception, and can't wait to hear him sing again sometime soon!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Kyle was absolutely AMAZING to work with! He did a great job communicating with me leading up to the wedding. Even when I changed a song I wanted him to learn for the ceremony (like a week before the wedding), he said it was no problem and took the time to learn it! He also was super willing to make sure we had all the music we wanted, including my slight obsession with Justin Timberlake. :) He played at the ceremony, the cocktail hour, the reception and then DJ'd the end of the party as well. My dad and my sister, who are both really into music, would not stop talking about how great Kyle was throughout the entire day. We were so lucky we found him and had him be a part of our day!

Sent on 05/15/2016

jason · Married on 04/15/2016

Kyle was awesome.
    Out of every single vendor we booked for our wedding, his communication was exceptional from the initial contact, right up to the day of the wedding.
    Make no mistake; Kyle is an incredible artist. I would recommend his vocal abilities without question. That said; there are many great vocal artists out there; it is hard to choose. Despite his vocal skills being the best, in my opinion; the reason I actually recommend him is because you need your wedding day to be as perfect as possible. The stresses building up to the event, and on the day of the event can be difficult; but having someone like Kyle in your corner is what you need.
    Book him, no hesitations.
    You wont regret it.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Tiffany · Married on 02/27/2016

I can not say enough great things about Kyle. He is so easy going and wonderful to work with. He has a beautiful voice and kept the party going after the live music with his mad DJ skills. I had so many people asking me where I found this gem of a man after the wedding! Definitely one of the best decisions made for the wedding, other than marrying the man of my dreams.

Sent on 02/26/2017

Heather · Married on 11/07/2015

Kyle was wonderful! He helped us find the perfect songs for our day and is a great musician. He kept our guests dancing and made the entire night lots of fun. Thank you Kyle! Next time we're in town we will definitely come see you play again.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Marissa · Married on 10/24/2015

Kyle was fantastic as the singer/guitar player, and later as the DJ, at our destination wedding! Many guests commented to us how talented he is, and we agreed! His song selection and delivery made for a delightful cocktail hour, and he was an effective but subtle emcee for the night. He had the difficult task of segueing from an emotional toast into a night of partying and handled it like a pro. He was also able to make a 60 person wedding feel like a dance party - no small task. We are grateful to have worked with Kyle and would highly recommend him for an event of any size or occasion!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Kyle LaMonica's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Marissa! Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it. Hope to see you both on the emerald coast again sometime soon while performing along 30A!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/03/2015

Kyle was unbelievable. From the very beginning he was professional, easy to work with, communicated quickly, and was so helpful giving other vendor recommendations. When it came to performing at and DJ-ing our wedding he was just phenomenal. He performed live music before our ceremony and for the processional, played live music during our dinner, and then DJ-ed after dinner and was able to get the party going! He is so talented and his song list for his live music is extremely thorough-- but if he doesn't have something on his set list he will learn it for your wedding! Very rarely have I seen guests at weddings inquire about who the musician was, at our wedding EVERYONE wanted to know who he was because they were just so impressed! Kyle is so talented, kind, and will go above and beyond to make your wedding music great! My husband and I (and our guests!) highly recommend him. His rendition of "Thinking Out Loud" was SO impressive!! THANK YOU SO MUCH KYLE!!!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Lucy · Married on 09/26/2015

Kyle was perfect for our cocktail hour! We barely discussed what type of music and tone I wanted for my cocktail hour and he naturally picked up on the setting and tone of the event. He was so easy to work with and truly set the ambiance for our cocktail hour. His talent is unbelievable.. a few days before my wedding we went to the Pearl for drinks and he was playing. I happened to turn to my girlfriends and say wow he's great! Then he mentioned his name and I was like OMG he's playing our cocktail hour... I was so excited! Everyone complimented the song choice and talent at the cocktail hour...it was all Kyle!!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/05/2015

I need to start by saying that Kyle is AMAZING!! It made us a little uneasy trying to hire vendors for our beach wedding when we live over 500 miles away. Kyle made everything so easy!! He played acoustic song requests on the beach for our ceremony and again for the dining portion of our reception, and finished the night by DJ-ing the dance portion/late night time period of our reception. He has a diverse song list of songs that he is able to play and always puts his own little spin on them. He also had a great selection/variety of music that was ON POINT with what we were looking for in a DJ with little to no direction from us. Things went flawlessly as far as our music was concerned and our guests still talk about him to this day referring to him as "the best wedding music ever". We always try to catch him playing in the area when we are back in town on vacation because he is such a pleasure to listen to. We would highly recommend Kyle to anyone having a wedding/reception in the area! One of the best decisions we made was hiring him to be a part of our special day. We cannot give him enough stars, 5 stars doesn't say enough!!

Sent on 01/22/2016

Carol · Married on 06/13/2015

Kyle was phenomenal! He was so organized throughout my daughter's wedding planning process. His guitar playing was great , performing the wedding party introductions and DJ to all our guest requested was superb! So many of our guests couldn't believe how entertaining he was. We had listened to him perform many months before and knew he was going to be great. He was very professional throughout al the planning and the wedding reception. Can't wait to hear him again!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/13/2015

We are from Saint Louis, and trying to figure out if we wanted a band or dj was a bit challenging. I read reviews on Kyle and heard some of his music online and knew this style of music was exactly what my now husband and I wanted for our wedding. Ever since my first email to Kyle, he has always been so kind and quick to respond. It definitely made planning much easier as he was always so helpful, sending us his current lists of songs he knew and offered to learn any new songs for our wedding too! I could not of been more excited to have Kyle play at our wedding. We listened to him beforehand a few times at some local restaurants in Destin and I was so excited! He is extremely talented and has such a great voice when he plays his guitar. It was so wonderful having him play acoustic during our cocktail hour and dinner and then switch to DJ after. I have never had so many people come up to me and say how wonderful he was! Even weeks after the wedding, people were still commenting on our music!! There was never an empty spot on the dance floor which made the night even so much more fun!! Thank you so much Kyle so everything you did for our wedding. I cannot wait to come back to Destin to hear you again!! Thank you!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Linda · Married on 05/15/2015

If you are searching for an extremely talented Musician for your Dream Wedding Ceremony and Reception, look no further than Kyle LaMonica. Kyle was highly recommended by Avis Glenister of Carillon Weddings. He offers an extensive play list, including some of his original music as well. The Bride and Groom had their hearts set on dancing their First Dance to Ed Sheeran's song, "Thinking Out Loud". Even though this song was not (yet) on Kyle's playlist, he learned it and performed it Perfectly! You will love him!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Abigail · Married on 05/15/2015

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, we knew that we wanted a live artist to play at our ceremony, and our wedding coordinator recommended Kyle LaMonica. We listened to his music online and we chose to work with him right away - and we are so glad we did! Kyle sent us a long list of his songs to choose from for our ceremony, and everything we wanted to hear was on his list. We even requested a brand new song and asked if he could stay to perform live for our first dance, and he was extremely accommodating and learned the song just for us! Kyle is an incredibly talented musician, and he was a joy to work with for our wedding. I am so glad we chose to work with Kyle, and we would recommend him to anyone seeking a live musician for their wedding!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Kyle LaMonica's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Abigail. It was a pleasure performing for you both and all of your family and friends! Hope you both are doing wonderful!

Annie · Married on 05/09/2015

Kyle was--hands down--one of the best parts of our wedding day. He was AH-MAZING!

He played for our ceremony, cocktail hour and our first dance song. His playlist is extensive, and he really helped us create a personal and fun ambiance with chill, island tunes for our beach wedding. He even took the time to learn a special song for our first dance.

He is such a talented musician, and everyone complimented us on how great he was. In addition to being an incredible guitarist and vocalist, he was such a pleasure to work with throughout our planning process. I would *strongly* recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/19/2015

L. · Married on 04/25/2015

We had Kyle at our wedding 4/25/15 and he did an absolutely wonderful job! We couldn't have been happier with our choice! Leading up to the wedding, Kyle was so professional and responsive. He worked with us to make sure he understood and could provide exactly what we wanted. On the wedding day, Kyle had several obstacles to overcome: like a giant storm headed our way! Kyle was a good sport about all of it - he watched the weather and made the decision last minute to bring out his speaker and play during the ceremony out on the beach. Then he was able to seamlessly move his stuff and transition into the reception area across the street. We had a tiny tent set up for him, but thankfully the weather held off! He played all the songs we requested, plus some more really great songs he chose later on. He was so flexible with schedule changes and so happy to play everyone's random song requests throughout the night. Everyone danced all night and had a great time! Thanks Kyle!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Beth · Married on 02/28/2015

I highly recommend Kyle LaMonica for a wedding vendor DJ/musician. Throughout the entire planning process, Kyle was very flexible with meetings that were convenient for my fiancé (now Husband) and I. We had schedules that sometimes required us to work late nights and weekends. He even kept me on track with my wedding deadlines to ensure I had the song list that I wanted and everything was in order.

Kyle is not only a great DJ, he is also a great musician. Everyone enjoyed his acoustic renditions and personally written songs during our cocktail hour. Guests are still talking about him.

Kyle has a very laid back personality that makes him easy to work with and he is very professional when planning/performing for the big day.

Sent on 03/10/2015