Kurtz's Beach Reviews

116 | Pasadena, MD

116 Reviews for Kurtz's Beach

My husband and I had a great experience at Kurtz's! The staff was wonderful, the food was good, and everything was so smooth!

Sent on 02/14/2015

Laurie · Married on 07/11/2009

The staff at Kurtz's beach is very professional. They kept things moving along smoothly. The venue is beautiful and a great value for the money.

Sent on 08/17/2009

Alyssa · Married on 06/27/2008

The people at Kurtz's beach were exceptional. They treated you with respect, kindness, and warmth as if they were your own family. They were amazing.

Sent on 07/27/2008
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/17/2008

What a day!! If you want a beautiful, no fuss, no mess perfect day- Book Kurtz Beach- Immediately! As the bride I wanted an all-in-one. I did not want to be hasseled or deal with "well the caterer never told us this, or the venue never told us X Y Z" I wanted communication, smooth sailing, no nonsense and thats exactly what i got- they handled everything with no road bumps! Treated us like family and the food was like Momma made it! Everyone told me it was the best wedding they had been too, and how beautiful it was, my pictures are gorgeous, my video is gorgeous! Everything was perfect! and the cost was a third less than what other venues wanted!! i could not be happier! Thanks Kurtz Beach!

Sent on 01/16/2009

Mary · Married on 06/10/2007

Exceptional Value! Wonderful! Absolutely beautiful setting and the food was delicious. I would recommend this establishment to anyone who is looking for a elegant setting and a memorable occasion

Sent on 03/14/2008

Anita · Married on 09/16/2017

We had my daughters wedding here on September 16, 2017. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. And the staff made her wedding day perfect. We feel we picked the best place we could have chosen. John and his team were a pleasure to work with. The food was great and the set up was awesome. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect night.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Angela · Married on 10/08/2016

Ashley, John and everyone at Kurtz's Beach are amazing! I planned my wedding in four months and it was a dream come true! And don't forget to rent the bridal cottage - you won't regret it.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Hannah · Married on 07/30/2016

I cannot explain enough how amazing Kurtz Beach and the staff there were and how perfect our wedding day was this past July. We loved the venue as soon as we saw it and especially because of the very affordable price compared to many of the venues that are within a one mile radius! It is an absolutely beautiful venue right on the bay with beautiful landscaping and a beautiful reception room with huge bay windows. Some of the older reviews may say that the owner, John, was hard to get in touch with but a couple months after reserving our wedding day at Kurtz Beach he hired Ashley to help him with organization and contact with the couples and she was PHENOMENAL. Ever since she started working for Kurtz, I was completely at ease because of her responsiveness. Two days before the wedding, we went to drop off all of our decor at the venue. Donna was in charge of helping us and I cannot say enough about her. She was so personable and she went through every single piece of decor we had and every single note that this crazy bride has written. On the big day, we used the bridal suite which was wonderful. Ashley was in charge of keeping us organized in the bridal suite and once again did an amazing job keeping us on schedule. When it was time for the ceremony, it was obvious that we had to hustle to beat the rain. Donna kept everyone organized and helped us get through the ceremony and beat the rain! Everything about the reception was perfect. The food was phenomenal and the staff set up our decorations EXACTLY how we asked. All of the staff members were professional and served our guests promptly. The bartenders were great and were generous with their pours! The staff at Kurtz even cut up and individually wrapped pieces of our cake so that we could easily take it home! We did the extra hour and only wished we could've added more time because it was the best night of our lives. We would definitely recommend Kurtz Beach!

Sent on 11/08/2016
  • Kelly

Kelly R. · Getting married on 10/30/2023

Amazing and welcoming

John and Ashley with Kurtz beach truly have been amazing with communication and flexibility! This venue and view is absolutely gorgeous. They have it all lighting, linens, food and a great list of references! For sure check them out. The only con is the location is slightly far from hotels and a place to host after party.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Damian · Married on 08/25/2017

This place was absolutely wonderful. My wife and I spent a lot of time searching different venues ending up here. When we walked in we knew it was the place. The waterfront view offered excellent photo ops, and the food was wonderful. I LOVED the mango salsa. The only issue I'd say was that everything seemed to move a little too quick, but in the end it all worked out. For me the only thing that mattered was the happiness of my wife, and that's what I got. John and Ashley were wonderful and very helpful!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Damian, hope you are doing well!

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2016

I absolutely loved my wedding at Kurtz's Beach on 9/3/16. First, the view is amazing. The weather was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better day. The water was a bit choppy but overall it was a gorgeous backdrop for our outdoor ceremony. Secondly, the staff is amazing. Working with John and Ashley was easy. My day of coordinators helped keep things moving and helped with any issues. My girls and I used the bridal cottage which I definitely recommend. It was a great space to get prepared and take beautiful photos. Lastly, the food was delicious. Normally, there is always a complaint about food and I didn't hear one. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a picturesque setting, with plenty of amenities and a wonderful staff to support your special day. Hope to have a 10 year renewal ceremony here!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Robyn · Married on 09/19/2014

We are so happy with the service and the staff were so helpful. The bridal cottage was absolutely perfect. The whole event was more then I expected :)

Sent on 10/22/2014

Holly · Married on 09/13/2014

I had my wedding here in September and it turned out PERFECT. The only complaints I would have is that I felt a little rushed out of there at the end of the night. We had the place until 10 and by 9:30 they were cleaning up and getting us out. Also, I would have loved to extend the reception another hour (until 11) and this was discussed before the wedding. They would not do this so it made for the reception to feel short and a little rushed. Don't get me wrong though, the place a gorgeous, everything was set up exactly how I wanted it and we had a blast!! Definitely a great value and location.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Holly,
    Thanks for taking the time to give a review. I am terribly sorry that you felt rushed,We appreciate the in put and will be sure to address that in the future.
    Please note that extra hours are always available,but must be decided in advance.Thanks Again.

Stacie · Married on 07/28/2012

Kurtz Beach was the perfect spot to have our wedding reception! The facility is beautiful, located right on the water with a lovely patio and ballroom inside. The staff was very accomidating escorting guests to their tables, although some of my groomsmen weren't shown their tables, and didn't know where to sit. Other than that, event was perfect!

Sent on 11/29/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/17/2011

This venue was awesome!!! They took care of everything and it was exactly the way I wanted it! My planner for the day was excellent! I came up prior to the wedding and got to fully explain everything I had, where I wanted it and how I wanted things to go. She was so helpful and even added touches that made it more beautiful! John is awesome to work with as well! They have many years experience and it truly shows! We had an amazing wedding... thanks Kurtz!

Sent on 10/10/2011
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 05/24/2014

We LOVED our venue. They were incredible. John, the owner, was very professional and made sure every detail was covered. Donna was basically our wedding coordinator and ROCKED. She comes off as intense, but she is truly great for a bride because she makes sure everything goes smoothly. Her daughter got married the day after us and she still came to work our wedding - she is so caring and phenomenal. The staff is amazing at making sure the bride and groom don't have to lift a finger or worry about a thing on your wedding day. Courtney stayed with us at the Bridal Cottage which was the best. She was so helpful and nice. They don't always accommodate all your Pinterest-type wishes, for example; we wanted signature drinks, & they wouldn't do that, but it was honestly a detail that wasn't missed. Everything else decoration-wise was a breeze and they allowed. We didn't eat much of the food because we were so busy socializing but it all looked great. Overall we would pick Kurtz's for our venue over and over again. The staff was fantastic, the venue is gorgeous, and all of our guests loved it :). Major thanks to Kurtz's for being a truly wonderful venue!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Michelle · Married on 04/21/2017

Kurtz's Beach was a beautiful venue and the staff were so nice. We had our ceremony and reception there and rented out the bridal suite before hand. Our guests kept telling us how beautiful it all was. The food was delicious as well. I am sad we didn't get a chance to get seconds since we were so busy with our guests.I would say they do all the rehearsals for the weekend on the same day so we felt a little rushed. The lady coordinating the rehearsals was very nice but since neither my husband or I had been married before we still felt unprepared for the ceremony afterwards. It still worked out though because she was very helpful the day of at organizing us. One of their policies is you have to select a gift person in charge of taking your gifts out of the venue 45 minutes before it is over. They warned us about this before hand but I didn't think it would disrupt the flow as much as it did. They also started cleaning up other things at that time, like our canvas guest book. A lot of our guests said they did not get a chance to sign it since they had planned on doing it as they left. The day was still very great and I loved getting married at Kurtz's Beach just a few minor things that could have made it better.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/10/2014

3.0

Loved having my wedding at Kurtz beach. The food was awesome and the people were so nice and helpful. The price was great. it was beautiful inside and out! I am such a happy bride and so happy I choose them!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/03/2012

Kurtz's Beach is the hidden gem of waterfront weddings on the Chesapeake. While I found most venues through sites such as TheKnot.com, a friend recommended Kurtz's to me. A family run business, they seem to get their business by word of mouth, and that has worked out great for them! My husband and I wanted a waterfront wedding but found the cost prohibitive - and then we discovered Kurtz's: a beautiful facility with truly a wonderful, helpful staff. We also got the cottage prior to the wedding to get ready at and it was so gorgeous. They had a staff member on hand to help us with anything we needed. I was able to enjoy my entire wedding and didn't have to worry about timing or scheduling because Kurtz's had it covered! I can't say enough good things about the quality of this venue and their service. I'd get married there over and over again!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Lindsay · Married on 04/30/2011

I was very happy with Kurtz's Beach on my wedding day. It was a beautiful day and ceremony and they took care of everything. And though it is buffet, they still serve the bride and groom and are constantly out keeping things clean and tidy. It would have been nice to be able to use bubbles when walking back down the aisle but everything still worked out beautifully. A great venue especially for the money. Nothing I looked at compared to the price and being so close to the water hearing waves next to you is hard to find.

Sent on 05/24/2011
  • F

Tiffany · Married on 10/24/2009

Kurtz's Beach was wonderful!! They were really friendly and extremely professional. I received a ton of compliments on how nice everyone was. From the rehearsal to the wedding, the staff was there to accomodate us no matter what. The place was also set up beautifully--better then I thought it would look. The listened to what we wanted and really accomodated that. It was sometimes hard to get a hold of people, and that was very rare, but something to mention. When we did get a hold of someone they definately followed through.

Sent on 10/26/2009

Meg · Married on 05/29/2016

3.0

Kurtz beach was the perfect venue for our nautical wedding! We had over 200 guests with many children so the outdoor pavilions worked well.
    John and Ashley were great to work with and the day of staff took care of everything.
    We are so glad we choose Kurtz's!!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kate · Married on 09/06/2014

3.5

We wanted a very kid-friendly, casual reception for our wedding. Instead of renting the typical wedding service, we went with the picnic service. It was fantastic! Kurtz's Beach has the playgrounds, the bouncy castle, and the volleyball, which were well used by all the kids. This allowed a lot more people to attend with their families, and it kept the cost down for us. The lounge chairs down by the river were always occupied. We used Kurtz's DJ, and I thought he did a fantastic job. The staff was polite and professional. We would definitely recommend this venue.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Thank You!

Stephanie · Married on 08/30/2014

3.0

our wedding turned out absolutely beautiful! The food was delicious and the staff was great and very friendly. My only complaint is if you call and leave a message or even send an email they will take forever to get back to you if they even do. However, when you do finally get in touch with them they are very nice to work with.

Sent on 02/14/2015

Stephanie,
    Thanks so much for your review.
    You are absolutely correct! Unfortunately that was an issue. I am happy to announce We have updated our system...The I phone has become our saving grace . We have staffed our office at least 4 hours every day for phone calls. Emails are answered immediately .

Nicole · Married on 05/04/2014

Kurtz's was the perfect waterfront venue for our May ceremony and reception. The patio overlooking the bay provided the perfect backdrop for our vows under the corner gazebo. There's a lot to cram in to that reception: dinner, toasts, cake cutting, dancing, bouquet toss- and the staff at Kurtz's made sure that everything went smoothly and on schedule so I did not have to micromanage my big day. They made sure all of my centerpieces were set up and that I got my seashells back after, and made sure that my family and bridal party received their flowers and took their places on time. They ensured my gifts, flowers, cards, etc. made it to the car at the end of the night. Although it is important to maintain the schedule, my bridal party and I agree that Courtney, who manages the bridal cottage, was rude to us when we first arrived. We arrived 20 min early along with the photographer and wanted to find out if we could go ahead to the cottage to get ready, and her attitude was rude. I didn't ask her to drop everything and open the cottage, I was just letting her know we were there a little early and her response was less than professional. When we got to the cottage, one of my bridesmaids had brought a bottle of champagne to share amongst the 6 of us. Courtney got pretty defensive and talked down to my bridesmaid, asking if she could see inside the bag as if she suspected something illegal would be in there. I understand licensing issues, but those issues need to be handled in a more professional manner. The food was awesome, and they accommodate food allergies. I am gluten free and the rice with chickpeas that came with my roast beef was delicious. They made sure my food stayed separate during preparation. We also went with a package that included beer and wine with the meals, and everyone seemed satisfied with those drink choices. They wrapped extra cupcakes for our guests, and boxed up our top tier to take home. We had a wonderful wedding on the bay!

Sent on 05/30/2014