Kurtz's Beach Reviews

116 | Pasadena, MD

116 Reviews for Kurtz's Beach

We had a morning wedding at Kurtz's Beach, and had a perfect experience. We received many compliments from the guests on the attractiveness of the venue, the execution of the ceremony, and the quality of the food (we did brunch-- Kurtz's bartender does a fantastic Bloody Mary; tip: if you request Bloody Mary's specifically as part of your menu, the bartender can make the base in bulk from fresh ingredients rather than relying on a store-bought mix!). We also used the Bridal Cottage to get ready before the ceremony, and loved the relaxing atmosphere and supportive staff-- having the extra time and space to prepare for the wedding was incredibly valuable, and we both were glad we had opted to rent the cottage.

We didn't really have many strong opinions about what we wanted our wedding to be like, and the Kurtz's staff were patient and helpful with suggesting different kinds of options (including recommending a great local baker and local florist). All of Kurtz's Beach's suggestions seem to have worked beautifully: several of our friends remarked on how "authentic" the wedding seemed, based on knowing our personalities. In addition, my spouse and I come from different cultures, and the staff at Kurtz's were very happy to help us find ways to incorporate small nods to both of our backgrounds into the wedding, such as in the food options. We wanted a wedding that would be enjoyable for our guests (several of whom had traveled internationally just to attend our ceremony, so we really wanted to treat them well!), reasonably low-stress for us, and would give all of us good memories for the future. Kurtz's delivered exactly that. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Thank You!

Laura · event on: 07/19/2015

This was without a doubt the friendliest, professional, attentive & beautiful place and people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I had a 60th birthday party/family reunion and It was perfection. John and his staff were incredible. Tim & Terry were outstanding in making sure everything was exceptional. I will remember this for the rest of my life and I know my guests will too, as I received so many phone calls and notes saying how wonderful the party and venue was. Thank you John and all your staff, if I ever have the occasion to have another party, it will be with you. Sincerely, Laura Disney

Sent on 08/05/2015

I absolutely LOVE this venue. My wedding was June 27th, 2015 and I was heartbroken when we had a torrential downpour the entire day and my ceremony was originally suppose to take place outside overlooking the water. When I showed up, I saw how incredibly gorgeous the inside looked and gave the ok to have the ceremony inside. It was still beautiful, service was great and there were 2 bars open with no lines. The only change I would have made is to get an extra hour to have more time to enjoy it. I feel like it went by so fast! Thanks for everything John! You really helped me feel at ease, even when I was freaking out about the rain!

Sent on 06/30/2015

If your looking for a wedding on the Chesapeake Bay look no further. Kurtz Beach is affordable compared to its neighboring competitors and offers so much more in value. John will make you feel at ease. At Kurtz they will box up your cake and centerpiece/decorations. I remember having to stay late to help my sister at her wedding at Chesapeake Beach Resort. I would recommend this venue for anyone!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Thank You!

Kim · Married on 04/25/2015

I was married at Kurtz on 4/25/2015 and I cant express enough how AMAZING our experience was from start to finish! I was insanely overwhelmed when I began wedding planning, but once I secured our date and made my final decision with Kurtz everything from there was a breeze! We booked over a year in advance, and every time I reached out, John was super quick to get back to me and was always extra helpful with anything I needed. By the time the actual wedding arrived, I had felt as though John became part of the family! I probably drove him nuts with all of my concerns/requests but he was a great sport and always seemed thrilled to help in any way possible

The day of the wedding, everything was perfect! The staff was helpful, friendly, and extremely organized! Donna made sure that everything that day was flawless!!! She was amazing! It truly was the wedding of our dreams! Oh, and the bartender is awesome! My guests are still talking about how cool Tim is weeks after the wedding ;)

Thanks Kurtz!! You guys are the best!!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Adam · Married on 04/18/2015

Such an amazing venue; great views, the staff was so accommodating and friendly, food was outstanding and it was fairly reasonable.
    We had the ceremony and the reception here on 4.18,15, and had just over 200 guests. We did the buffet style option with beef tenderloin and potatoes and im pretty sure everyone went up for seconds. The place is amazing, the reception room has giant windows out to the patio and onto the water. They just renovated the entire out side, and they have this cool fire pit out there. One thing i loved was never having to wait for a drink, they had a few different bars spaced out so there was no long lines like i have experienced at many weddings. The owner John was a big help every step of the way, and all of the staff were amazing especially Donna. We told them what we wanted and how we wanted it, and they delivered. Every guest told me how much fun they had and how great the food was. We truly couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 06/11/2015

The bridal cottage was absolutely gorgeous and the staff was unbelievable :) My wedding was gorgeous and EVERYONE had a good time!! Thank you Kurtz's

Sent on 09/26/2014

Katie · Married on 08/09/2014

The Kurtz family did a wonderful job hosting and coordinating my wedding! Everyone was friendly, courteous, and professional. The day went off without a hitch and everything was beautiful. I would recommend this venue to anyone planning a large event or family gathering.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Jeffery · Married on 07/13/2014

It was a beautiful venue, food was amazing, and staff was outstanding.

Sent on 02/14/2015

Ashley · Married on 07/13/2014

Our wedding was beautiful, the staff was so wonderful, food was great, and everyone had a great time! They were great with all of the kids in the wedding party, and helped everything to run smooth.

Sent on 02/14/2015

Christina · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I were so happy with Kurtz! Our wedding was absolutely amazing thanks to the staff! They were so responsive to our questions up until the big day. Before the wedding they sat and listened to everything I wanted in the bay room for our reception and they took great notes to make sure everything was the way we wanted it. The food was absolutely amazing, so many people were upset when the food was cleaned up because they wanted to keep going back for more. The overall price for Kurtz services are very much worth it! The view is amazingly breathtaking. Thank you so much John and the other staff!!! -Christina & Eric Collini

Sent on 02/16/2015

Jonathan · Married on 06/21/2014

Thanks to Kurtz's Beach My wife says the wedding was like a beautiful dream.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Thank You !
  • DJJonnyBlaze

Jonathan · Married on 06/21/2014

It was great my wife says the wedding was like a dream

Sent on 06/23/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/07/2014

We had a wonderful time at our wedding!! It was a beautiful day on the water.

Sent on 02/15/2015

Courtney · Married on 06/07/2014

I had an absolute wonderful time. My wedding/reception was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better location or nicer folks to work with. John and his staff are truly amazing.

Sent on 02/16/2015

Brandy · Married on 05/03/2014

Kurtz was a wonderful venue for mine and my husbands wedding, the staff was helpful and polite and made us very welcome and at home I could not have asked for better service on my big day

Sent on 02/15/2015

Patty · Married on 04/26/2014

John was easy going and flexible. At the wedding the staff was friendly. It was a beautiful venue

Sent on 02/17/2015

Emily · Married on 04/20/2013

This place is a hidden gem! Such a beautiful place for a wedding or any other event. The staff and owner are amazing and so helpful. They definitely know what they are doing because they made my wedding happen without anything going wrong. Smooth and efficient.

Sent on 05/01/2013
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 07/27/2012

I can not say enough about how wonderful my experience was at Kurtz's! It was absolutely the best decision I made when planning my wedding. They are consummate professionals who want to make your wedding a success. We had both our ceremony and reception there, as well as used the Bridal Dressing Cottage for photos beforehand. They provided a staff member to help us at the cottage, and they even had refreshments. It was amazing. At the ceremony and reception, our guests were taken care of wholeheartedly. The night went off without a hitch. Kurtz's made my wedding dreams come true!!!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Ana · Married on 06/23/2012

Planning a wedding was super stressful, but once the day arrived, I was so happy and stress free, thanks to John & Donna & the staff of Kurtz's beach! They made my vision a reality, and even added the small touches I didn't think of myself to make the day that much more special. The wedding was beautiful with the perfect weather, the reception was perfect and my guests couldn't stop raving about the food, bartender, DJ, and wedding over all. I can't thank John & Donna enough, they made sure my day was reflective of my husband and I's tastes. The venue was so much more than I expected! Multiple people told me it was the best wedding they have ever attended. I'm so glad I chose Kurtz's Beach and would HIGHLY recommend them for your special day!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Ann M. · Married on 06/09/2012

We cannot say enough about Kurtz's Beach!! We had such a beautiful and wonderful wedding and reception! They were not only professional and responded to our needs, they were attentive to detail. They made sure that what we wanted for our wedding and reception is EXACTLY what occurred. We knew from the moment we visited Kurtz's Beach that we wanted our wedding and reception there. We made the perfect choice! Everyone who attended our event has told us that this was the first wedding they attended that went so smoothly and efficiently. We could not have done without John and everyone at KUrtz's Beach!! The food was incredible!! It was served hot and very tasty!! We tried every dish and we loved EVERY Bite!! They even prepared a special dish for my sister who has severe allergies. They were so accommodating making sure that her needs were met!! We could not have picked a better vendor for our wedding ,reception or catering!! 5 stars does not do justice to showing their level of professionalism, service, flexibility or value and 5 stars falls way short of explaining their quality of service and care!

Sent on 06/21/2012
  • Tasmania95

Tina · Married on 10/08/2011

The best place!!! They took care of everything!!!!! We had our wedding on 10-8-11 and couldn't picture a better place!!!! Book it ASAP!!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2011

The people at Kurtz were absolutely wonderful. They worried about all the details for me so that I could be calm on my wedding day. They took care of everything, even things that I did not originally ask them to do. Everyone at my wedding said how beautiful the venue was and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2011

This company has been around for a very long time and couldnt have been nicer people. They are very accomodating and set everything up perfectly. The staff are all so nice and pleasant. The price is a great deal, especially being on the water. Makes a great backdrop for pictures! Their food was delish!

Sent on 03/07/2012

Shannon · Married on 06/18/2011

Working with Kurtzs Beach was a great experience . The staff was nice and always there when I needed something. They were patient and kind.

My experience at Kurtz's Beach was a great and enjoyable one. The wedding planner we had was very attentive and always there when I needed her and the wedding was such a great time. It was the best day of my life and it couldn't have been without Kurtz's Beach. Everything Everything was in one place and it was a perfect place to have your wedding.

Sent on 12/28/2018