Kurtis Cross Reviews

Kurtis Cross 5
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2019

Just Perfect

My husband and I had a bit of a challenge with DJs for our wedding. We had hired a family friend who is a professional DJ to do our wedding, but due to a medical emergency, he had to back out of our wedding last minute.

We contacted Kurtis Cross a little over two months from our wedding from a recommendation and luckily Kurtis had one DJ available for our date! Talking to Kurtis instantly put us at ease as he assured us that his team had four DJs, but they only ever booked three in case of last-minute emergencies.

Well, lo and behold, our DJs wife went into early labor! Just as promised, Kurtis emailed us as soon as he knew of the change and lined us up with DJ Krissy to be our DJ for the night.

Krissy was just fabulous. Everyone had a blast on the dance floor and loved the music. Krissy was also a great MC and made sure to check the pronunciation on our best man's name. She was so professional and friendly. We loved her.

Beyond the music, the sound system that they used was really great. During the ceremony, we had a lavalier mic for our officiant and a standing microphone for our readings. You could hear everything clearly. For the toasts, we had wireless mics and our guests at the furthest tables could hear everything clearly as well. We hadn't though the sound systems through, but Krissy made sure that everyone could hear everything.

Kurtis and his team are just great and we highly recommend them for any wedding.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 09/21/2019

Awesome Experience!

I want to personally thank you for the outstanding job you did for us on our very special day. You were amongst the most memorable bright spots of this occasion. Your effortless timing and pursuit to assure my husband and I a very special night was more then what I could have asked of you. Your presence was admirably fitting, your personality was spot on and charismatic to the party and attendees, and your constant hospitality created a very soothing and relaxing experience for us so that we could enjoy our moments together as newlyweds. I can't explain in words what a joy it was to have you as a part of my day. I will continue to sing your praise for all that you have done for us and will be your biggest advocate and advertisement as a walking billboard for your successful future endeavors. Thanks again...Tina & Johnathan Coleman

Sent on 10/04/2019

Tina & Johnathan,

How much fun was your wedding? We loved being a part of it. From your ceremony to the "Shoelywed Game" we appreciate being the team to bring your day to life. Both Lynne & I enjoyed the day and we thank you for allowing us to be your DJ team.

Best wishes for a fabulous life together and thanks again!

• Treva

Treva · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing dj

Kurtis is AMAZING! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Treva & Marcell,

Thanks so much for allowing us to take part in your day. From our first FaceTime discussion about details, we felt that your day would be one to remember. So happy that we were a part of it!

Kurtis & Team

Shahgol · Married on 07/21/2019

Amazing!!!

I would highly recommend Kurtis Cross and his team for your special day! He made our wedding day stress free and provided us with excellent DJ services! Everyone enjoyed the music!!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Shahgol & Joe,

Thank you for including us in on your day. From ceremony to cocktails to dancing, we enjoyed being a part of your day at Celebrations On The Bay & The Knollview House!

• Tayara

Tayara · Married on 03/30/2019

Danced the night away

I can't begin to say enough about DJ Kurtis Cross and his staff! He/they were exceptional from the first inquiry through the last dance! We did a facetime interview with him for our initial meet -- and we knew right away that he was the right choice. He and his staff checked in on us monthly from the time we booked until the wedding -- just to see how things were going and to see if we needed any help with finding other vendors or needed advice during the planning process. The timeline they put together for the day of was so awesome and truly helped put me at ease about the day of. He handled our ceremony music, cocktail hour, and the reception so professionally. The entire event flowed so seamlessly. The dance floor was packed the entire night... He played the perfect mix of music! Even more, he helped to keep us on track throughout the night by gently reminding us when it was time for moments such as the dance with parents and cake cutting. All I had to do was literally show up -- DJ Kurtis Cross took care of everything else. I absolutely recommend his services to anyone who wants a stress-free, fun-filled event!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Tayara & Maurice,

Thank YOU! We enjoyed being a part of your celebration. We love The Carlyle Club, your request list, the toasts and everything about your day! We appreciate being included on the best day of your life! And I got to play Too $hort!

~Kurtis Cross

Norah Anderson · Married on 02/16/2019

Amazing!!!

Kurtis was the DJ for our wedding and we could not have asked for a better reception. He made it a PARTY! From the time we booked with his company, we immediately knew we made the right decision. The best thing about working with them was we didn't have a worry. Kurtis & his team were on top of all details and sent us reminders as to what steps to take during the planning process. On our wedding day, they delivered a day that we will not forget. Our family & guests had the greatest time and our wedding day was perfect! Thanks to DJ Kurtis Cross for making our day, the best day we could have imagined!

Sent on 02/21/2019

Norah & Max,

Thanks for your review. Our team enjoyed being a part of your Valentine's weekend wedding! Our 2019 wedding season began with your celebration and we had a bunch of fun!

• Kathleen

Kathleen Belfield · Married on 11/11/2018

The Kurtis Cross Team was wonderful!!

We used the Kurtis Cross team for our wedding DJ, Photography and Officiant. They were so helpful and accommodating, and very easy to work with. We learned quickly not to stress about anything while working with them because they were constantly checking on us to see if we needed any help. They were quick to respond to all of our questions and offered suggestions whenever they could. They were also very professional. We loved the ceremony Kurtis personalized for us and loved how in control he was of the entire event. He and everyone from his team helped us stay on schedule and made everything absolutely perfect! We loved them and our guests loved them too. We've heard so many wonderful comments about Kurtis Cross and his whole team and would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2018

I just have to say Kurtis Cross is the best DJ ever!! Kurtis and his team are so passionate about their work and they do an amazing job. My husband and I loved him at our wedding, he was organized, ready to go, and though months of planning so helpful in the process. I could not have asked for anything more, or anything better. The guests loved him, everyone had a great time, and my wedding was absolutely amazing!! Thank You, you guys rock!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Jennifer & Stephen,

What a celebration! Our social media followers are still commenting & liking your "Swag Surfin'" video clip. We had so much fun and I am so glad we got to be a part of your wedding day.

THANK YOU!

Kurtis

Anna · Married on 07/13/2018

I found Kurtis Cross through a wedding expo. As soon as I began talking with them, I knew that they were the right company. They were professional, yet down to earth and friendly. Once I booked them my DJ, Krissy, reached out to me throughout the time leading up to the reception to see if there was anything I needed and to talk details about the reception. Within weeks of the reception the team was so accommodating to changes that I made and helping me through the stressful last minute details. The night of, Krissy was so flexible to the scheduled itinerary and helped to make changes based on what I wanted out of the reception. She continued to adjust the music to keep everyone on the dance floor and helped to make the night an absolute blast! My special night was perfect and a huge part of that is due to Kurtis Cross DJ services and my DJ Krissy. We would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a flexible, understanding, and lively DJ for their event.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Anna & Matthew,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We will gladly pass along your comments to DJ Krissy! We love that she delivered a great day for you & your guests. Thanks to you and the wonderful staff at Swan Point for helping produce your wonderful wedding celebration!

Dellwyn · Married on 07/07/2018

Kurtis and Paula were simply the best! We had a great time and got compliments from our guests!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Dellwyn & Mike,

Thanks so much for allowing us to be the team behind the music. We had a bunch of fun and are glad to have been able to celebrate with you, family & friends!

Kurtis & Paula

Tami · Married on 05/26/2018

Kurtis Cross and team were extremely professional, caring, flexible and proactive throughout the wedding planning process. Kurtis made sure our wedding day was perfect! He went above and beyond to ensure excellence! I would give him my strongest recommendation to make your day or event exactly what you want it to be!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Tami,

Thanks so much for your kind words. Paula, Krissy & I enjoyed every bit of the planning and day-of planning. We thank you for including us in on your day as it was our pleasure!

Christie · Married on 05/10/2018

Absolutely AMAZING! From getting all the details set up to executing the day of it was a painless process. I had zero stress the day of because I knew who was running the show. We could not have been happier!

Kurtis Cross 6
    Kurtis Cross 7
    Sent on 08/21/2018

Denise · Married on 11/12/2017

Dj Krissy was amazing!!!!! She really made my special day one of the best days of my life!! I could not have asked for a better DJ

Sent on 11/15/2017

Lucia · Married on 11/11/2017

We hired Kurtis Cross for our wedding DJ and are still receiving compliments from our wedding guests. I have never been to a wedding where the guests heard the music start and rushed to the dance floor but Carlos made that possible. Our guests were on the dance floor the second it opened, and the dance floor stayed filled for the next 4 hours until our venue kicked us out. I have never been to a wedding where there was so much dancing and the music was so good that people wouldn't leave. We owe all of that to Carlos who made our wedding the most amazing night we could have ever asked for! Everything is thanks to him we can't take any credit. He was referred to us from another wedding and we were beyond happy to have used him for ours! You won't be disappointed! The service that we received along the way leading up to our wedding from the rest of the team, especially Paula who checked in on us to make sure we were feeling good the whole time! If we could relive our wedding again I would because of the amazing night we had dancing away! Thank you so much to the whole Kurtis Cross team for making it so special!

Sent on 02/10/2018

Lucia & Andrew,

Thank so much for your kind words. Carlos enjoyed being a part of your celebration and believed it to be a heck of a party! So glad that you & your guests were able to experience your wedding day with Weddings By Kurtis Cross. We thank you for the opportunity!

Michelle · Married on 10/28/2017

DJ Krissy was amazing. She made sure that all of our special requests were taken care of. She was absolutely amazing interacting with not only us, but our guests as well. From start to end she was energetic and happy. A complete pleasure to be around!

Sent on 11/15/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/01/2017

There are a lot of DJs in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area, we chose Kurtis Cross for our wedding based on reviews and affordability; this was the BEST decisions we could have made!! Kurtis and his team were WONDERFUL, they are friendly, flexible, professional and bend over backwards to make sure you have the event of your dreams!! They served all of the technical needs for our ceremony and kept everyone on the dance floor during our reception. Their attention to detail with our requested songs, playlist and introductions was above and beyond what we had envisioned. THIS IS THE TEAM YOU WANT ON YOUR WEDDING DAY!!

Kurtis Cross 8
    Kurtis Cross 13
    Kurtis Cross 14
    Sent on 09/04/2017

Wendy & George,

We thank you for including us in on your celebration. Talk about FUN! From the word "go", we knew that September 1st was going to be a party! Here's to more celebrations and now, a friendship!

Kendra · Married on 08/05/2017

You were awesome! Thank you so much! We would definitely use you again!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Kendra & Lorenzo,

Thanks so much. Your wedding celebration was so much fun! We appreciate being a part of your love!

~Kurtis Cross

Elizabeth · Married on 06/10/2017

Kurtis Cross and his team are AMAZING!! They constantly kept in touch with us through out the entire planning process, and they always went above and beyond to guide us and help us with direction that even went beyond his DJ service. We felt extremely comfortable working with them. Our wedding couldn't have gone any smoother. The music was GREAT! I pretty much left it up to Kurtis as far as song selections, and everyone was raving about how well he took requests and how well he selected the music! He kept the party going all night, and I think pretty much everyone was up on their feet the whole time! The up lighting was gorgeous as well. All my guests keep talking about is how fun the DJ was and how smooth the transitions were. We felt prepared going in on our wedding day. Kurtis and his wife Paula made sure all ducks were in a row, and we were ready to go! Thank you so much to Kurtis Cross and his amazing team!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Liz & John,

We had such a great time producing June 10th. From your walk down the aisle to "Country Roads", we enjoyed every minute. So glad to see your family and friends again! We still remember the fun we had at your brother's wedding. Thank you!

Joshua · Married on 06/03/2017

Kurtis and his team are amazing. From day 1, he made sure that the service provided and music played were exactly what we wanted. He made sure to follow up and have every possible detail covered. He communicated with us regularly and was nothing but professional. Planning a wedding can be stressful, but Kurtis made sure that the music was something we didn't need to worry about.

None of that would matter if he didn't have the skills as a DJ. And Kurtis has those in droves! He's an artist. He knows how to work a crowd. He knows how to mix. He knows what to play and when. Our wedding had people of so many different music tastes and backgrounds, and he made sure that everyone was satisfied. The dance floor was never empty. Thank you Kurt. Anyone thinking of hiring him should not think twice. It is a no-brainer!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Jennifer & Josh,

To say we had a blast is an understatement. We so appreciate the invite to Manhattan to produce June 3rd. Your music requests simply afforded us the opportunity to get creative and create an energy that made your night incredible. It was also wonderful to see your sister and husband, some 15 years after being the DJ for her wedding in Long island. Thanks for always making us feel welcome at your family's celebrations!

Heather · Married on 05/27/2017

The Kurtis Cross team made my event magical, every single part flowed so seemlessly! My guests were amazed at Chrissy's talent and how smoot the event was. Some words that I heard were flawless, formally informal, cozy, intimate, smooth, David Tutera worthy- all because Chrissy made our event amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Heather & Frank,

Thanks for your review and the opportunity to partner with you. Krissy had a great time and she too is happy to have been a part of your wonderful celebration!

Karin · Married on 05/20/2017

I met Kurtis when my husband and I first started dating. I knew that Kurtis was a well known DJ but it wasnt until we hired him to do our wedding that I saw just how great he was. Kurtis was very professional and always there to answer any questions or concerns we had. He was very patient and always had a positive attitude. Paula is equally wonderful. She took beautiful pictures and made us feel at ease the entire time. Having them as a package deal was an amazing bonus. They made our big day carefree and fun. We would absolutely recommend and use them again.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Shameika · Married on 11/11/2016

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend anyone else besides the Kurtis Cross team. If you're looking for someone who keep everyone on the dance floor and at the same time, make sure you stay sane, hire their team. Me and my husband used DJ Shawn and Christine came along with him as the reception coordinator. Shawn was amazing! He honored any requests that we had and played the kind of music that we wanted to hear. Everyone had such and amazing time, and he was such an awesome MC! He kept everything in line and on schedule. Everything played out perfectly. And just a side note, his voice was the best. Everyone kept talking about it. When he introduced the bridal party and made announcements for each part of the wedding, his voice made everyone listen and kept everyone entertained! Christine was truly the best. She kept me sane the entire night. My gobo light was not on in the reception and I was going crazy. In less than 5 mins, it was all taken care of. He made sure the bridal party and the parents were lined up for entry into the ceremony as well as the reception. Her and Shawn constantly checked on me and my husband throughout the night. I could not have asked for a better team of people. I wish I could get married again just to hire them again. Please please please, if you are reading this review, do NOT hesitate to hire them! I promise, you will not be disappointed. All your questions will be answered and all of your worries will be gone. Weddings can make any bride and groom go crazy, but with Kurtis Cross and his team, your mind is definitely put at ease. Call them, email them, right now! If you're reading this,contact them now! November 11, 2016 will be a day we will never forget and it is because of Kurtis Cross and his wonderful team. Thank you!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2016

Kurtis & his team were nothing short of AMAZING from day one till the big day! regardless of the crazy request, changing a few things last moment, down to my stressful moments the team always stated "it's your day whatever you want". My wedding was everything I could have wanted and I owe alot to Kurtis Cross and team! Thanks again!!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2016

We are so thankful that we chose the Kurtis Cross team to help us celebrate our special day! This team was beyond professional and knew how to keep the entertainment going as the dance floor at our wedding was constantly packed with people! The team was very responsive with emails and continued to stay in touch to ensure the wedding planning was going smoothly and was there for any help or advice that was needed. We highly recommend using the Kurtis Cross team as they will not let you down. Music is a key part to a wedding and we received many comments about how well the Kurtis Cross team performed and how great the music was throughout the entire reception! I cannot thank this team enough for helping our day be so successful and full of fun!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Ashley,

We enjoyed being the team to craft your wedding day! You & Kyle were wonderful to work with. We love working at Stoneleigh and your day, was simply fabulous. Thank YOU!

Diana · Married on 09/30/2016

Great team to work with, from the start, team was very insightful and communicated well. This team is top-notch!!

Sent on 10/11/2016