Kupcakes & Co. Reviews

85 | Elkridge, MD

85 Reviews for Kupcakes & Co.

Anka · Married on 05/24/2014

Kupcakes & Co. is a bakery that also caters to a gluten-free clientele. As a Celiac, I really wanted a great cake that would not make me sick, did not taste funny, and did not have an unusual feel to it. And Cupkakes did a great job! The cake arrived on time, was beautiful, and so tasty! We had a ribbon around each tier, and my florist decorated the three-tier cake with the same type of flowers we used for our floral arrangements. It was so beautiful!!!

One thing though... the spacers worried me a little, as they seemed to sink a little into the cake. We believe it was caused by the difference in the gf dough. But we were lucky to have a pastry chef on staff who kept an eye on the cake, kept it cool until just before the guests arrived, and everything worked out perfectly!!

Thank you, Kupcakes & Co!!! We will be back for more cake! :)

Sent on 06/27/2014

The cupcakes we ordered from Kupcakes and Co for our wedding in Annapolis, MD were a HUGE success! They were delicious, fresh, and we got a ton of positive feedback from guests . . .everyone kept saying how they were the best cupcakes they'd ever had! Michelle, Ashley, and the whole team were also great to work with . . . they were prompt in responding to my messages and calls, and very accommodating. In addition to the cupcakes, we also got a six inch cake to cut which was delicious, and the scrollwork was beautiful and matched the scrollwork we sent from our invitation to a tee. They were a tiny bit late with the delivery, but after calling I was reassured they were on the way, and the cupcakes came in plenty of time (in all fairness, where we got married had a difficult parking situation). Overall, the price, value, and taste of the cupcakes was better than any other vendors we tried, and I would highly recommend Kupcakes and Co for wedding cupcakes.

Sent on 03/25/2013

Jennifer H. · Married on 12/14/2019

Decadently Delicious

Making a decision after our tasting was probably the hardest part of the process working with Kupcakes & Co. because all of their flavors are so good! Many of our guests raved about our choice (almond cake with raspberry jam and vanilla buttercream). I also appreciate that we'll get a cake on our one year anniversary as our venue sadly would not give us the leftover sliced cake to take home (which felt like a waste for how much we spent). At least I'll be able to cut it up and save a slice for anniversaries to come.

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/03/2019

Great experience and delicious cake!

We had a great experience working with Kupcakes & Co for our wedding. It was easy to set up and tasting with them and we were able to try a lot of different flavors at the tasting. Jessica was great to work with, very friendly and clearly presented all of our different options with different price points and combinations. The cake and cupcakes were delicious. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Brian · Married on 06/06/2015

We really enjoyed the cupcakes we ordered from Kupcakes & Co. They have a ton of awesome flavors that vary by season. We picked so many I don't even remember what we had. But our guests LOVED them. We decided to aim a little low in our count so we wouldn't have too many leftovers and people liked them so much we actually ran out! We also ordered a small cake for my wife and I to cut and although most of it was smashed in my face, it tasted great.

We paid for delivery but not setup. They have stands that you can use for a small deposit that looked really nice. We just had our coordinator set them up. It looked really nice.

Everyone we talked to at Kupcakes was very friendly. We had a nice experience and would absolutely use them again in the future.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Jamie · Married on 12/07/2013

We used Kupcakes & Co for both my bridal shower and wedding. They are by far, the best cupcakes establishment in the area. My guests at both events raved about how delicious the cupcakes were. They also will customize your order and decorate your cupcakes however you want. We were also able to rent one of their big towers for our wedding for free, and they even decorated it with ribbon to match our wedding. The staff has always been top notch and extremely creative.

Sent on 12/23/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/06/2017

Kupcakes & Co did a wonderful job with our cutting cake, and thankfully agreed to making an extra 120 cupcakes a week before the wedding, as our original dessert plans fell through. We wanted a special design for our cutting cake to reflect the fact that we met in graduate school, and the Kupcakes & Co team executed it perfectly. It was one of our favorite elements at the wedding! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/09/2017

We used Kupcakes & Co for our Bridal Shower cupcakes and for our Wedding Favors. The cupcakes for the Bridal Shower were delicious and all the guests raved about them. The peanut butter cup cupcakes were the hit of the shower. They were to die for! Wish we would have added more to our selection.

As for the cake pops as favors, they were fabulous and added to the table decor! They saved us time and placed them in cellophane and tied them with our coordinating color ribbon. since we had a fall wedding, we chose the pumpkin spice with white chocolate! Oh my gosh, they were phenomenal, and the guests raved about them! Definately worth it!

Sally~Mother of the Bride

Sent on 10/16/2012

4.2
      3.5

We chose to go with a small cake for us to cut, and then cupcakes to hand out to guests. The small cake was overpriced, especially given the normal cost of fondant (which my executive chef father told us is less then 1/3 what they charged us), and the icing ended up being way too sweet. Although it did look very similar to what we wanted (even though the color was a little off) . I.e. I would not buy the cake from here again.

However, the cupcakes were spectacular (which is what we had sampled before hand and loved). Out of the 6 places we tried in the DMV these by far had the best flavor, were one of the few with cream cheese icing which we wanted, and were reasonably priced. Everyone loved them, and they were the talk of the event. I would highly suggest the cupcakes, and definitely plan to buy them from here again!

Sent on 03/28/2015

Kianna · Married on 09/06/2015

2.4
      2.0
      2.0
      2.5

I selected Kupcake & Co to provide the cake for my wedding on September 06, 2015. I had previously used them for a baby shower cake, which turned out great! I worked with Anne throughout the selection process. Anne was pleasant to work with and pretty patient with my indecisiveness. We decided on a small elegant three tier cake, with stitching and the letter M embroidered on the middle tier of the cake. Unfortunately, the design and configuration of my wedding cake was not at all what I anticipated. I gave Anne a detailed picture of the cake I wanted, so I’m not sure why I didn’t get the cake of my dreams – or at least one that closely mirror the picture. There were several things wrong with the cake. The most obvious being the top tier was not centered and wasn’t the same width as the bottom two tiers. It made the top tier look as though it didn’t belong to the cake and could topple over at any minute. There were also gaps in the icing between the top and middle tier. The M was not monogrammed on the cake but written in cursive – it looked cheesy. Lastly, most of the time the card board the cake sits on is the same shape as the cake. Since the cake is square and the card board is round it stood out and looked strange. I'm not sure what happen to my cake but Kupcake & Co. definitely missed the mark.There was also some confusion with the pickup of the cake. We elected to have my mother pick up the cake rather than pay the $100 plus delivery charge. We figured since it was small and didn’t have a cake topper we didn’t need to worry about it being transported from the shop to my wedding venue. When my mother arrived to pick up the cake at the 10:30 scheduled pickup time, the cashier handed her an order of 18 cupcakes. Thank goodness my mom opened the box and realized this was not my order. My cake was found under both of our last names. Their cupcakes and cakes are pretty good but I wouldn’t recommend them for important events like weddings.

Sent on 09/18/2015