Kukka DIY Wedding Flowers Reviews

107 Reviews for Kukka DIY Wedding Flowers

• Sarah

Sarah E. · Getting married on 01/09/2022

Wedding Flowers

Kukka was a super affordable option for flowers! it was A LOT more work than I thought it would be, but I did save quite a bit of money vs the quotes I received from local vendors. The flowers were beautiful and turned out really great. The customer service was responsive and answered any questions I had! All of my flowers were quality and turned out great, just plan to have some friends to help you!!! I received my flowers on Tuesday and kept them in water, even after putting the bouquets and centerpieces together. They opened up and looked perfect by my wedding day friday.

Sent on 10/14/2020

Al N. · Married on 11/25/2020

Over the moon!

My friend used Kukka for her wedding and the flowers were beautiful so I decided to use them for my wedding too! They were so helpful and the flowers did not disappoint. I got so many compliments and everyone was so impressed that we did the flowers our self. Plus it was such a good price! Highly Recommend!

Sent on 12/22/2020
  • Ollie

Ollie S. · Married on 11/11/2020

Beautiful flowers & great price!

I came across Kukka flowers on instagram after being deciding hiring a florist was just too expensive. I looked at a few other sites but fell in love with their selection. The Romantic Red package was exactly the style and colors I wanted. We were so impressed when he flowers arrived, I have never seen flowers this gorgeous and felt really lucky to get to include my family in the bouquet making process. All in all if you are willing to put in a little extra work this is an amazing service!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Amrita

Amrita P. · Married on 10/10/2020

Beautiful flowers, great customer service!

I wanted to make my own flowers because I knew I'd be proud and in love with them if I did. I have to say, I definitely underestimated the effort required to make bouquets. It is for sure a lot of work, but thankfully Kukka makes it easy to at least order the correct quantities, specifies the other supplies needed, and provides bouquet arrangement videos which are all very helpful. I ordered the small Merlot package along with an extra bridesmaids bouquet and flower crown plus extra white roses. Customer service was amazing and they were able to add a bouquet a couple weeks before my wedding, and gave me advice regarding swapping out flowers (I wanted dahlias instead of carnations and they said they can accommodate it, but that dahlias are much more delicate. I took their advice and was happy that I did!). I ended up
    with a lot of leftover greenery and roses in the end so I probably didn't need the extra roses. To start, everything arrived very well packaged and the flowers arrived barely wilted. I was worried about how much space I'd need since I live in a small apartment in Manhattan. Thankfully, the 5 buckets I needed (which I ordered from Home Depot) all fit nicely on my dining table. Flowers took about 24 hours to hydrate and open up. I prepped the flowers by stripping them in advance and that saved me a lot of time when it came to arranging the bouquets. My mother in law and a bridesmaid helped me make the bouquets the night before. It definitely requires at least two people. Like other reviewers have said, the first bouquet takes the longest because you need to play around with different arrangements and combinations before you find one that works for you. I was going for more of a home made look so I was ok with diversity in my bouquets. All in all, I'd say each bouquet took 20-30 minutes (I made 6 bridesmaids bouquets and 1 bridal) with the bridal bouquet taking more like an hour. We made a night of it and it was actually pretty fun, but definitely a substantial amount of work. If you live in a small apartment like I do, definitely prep in advance. It will save you time and will make cleaning up much easier after you're done. The flowers were very beautiful and everyone was surprised that I assembled the bouquets myself! I highly recommend going this route if you're a DIY person but don't want to stress about quantities/combinations of flowers. Also just a tip since I'm not sure how many other people do this, but I repurposed the bridesmaids bouquets at dinner as table flowers! I had a very small intimate wedding so it worked well.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn D. · Married on 10/10/2020

Perfect, reasonably priced flowers!

These flowers were stunning! I had my family help put them together because we ordered so many - but they weren’t difficult to do! If you’re looking to save money, but still have gorgeous flowers a Kukka is the way to go!

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 10/03/2020

You can do your own flowers!

Kukka flowers were absolutely beautiful! This is the easiest way to save money on your big day. It was so easy to assemble and they were gorgeous!

Sent on 10/10/2020
  • Casey

Casey T. · Married on 09/19/2020

Wedding flowers

Absolutely gorgeous flowers!! I was nervous to make my own flowers but there ‘how to’ booklet was very helpful. The flowers got delivered 2 days before my wedding in a secured box and they were not damaged at all. Highly recommend making your own flowers.

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan G. · Married on 03/06/2020

Loved our flowers

The quality of flowers was amazing . The care instructions were very helpful. I ordered the flowers and had my wedding decorator put the flowers together. The flowers came out nice. Cheaper than a florist for 12 centerpieces.

Sent on 04/25/2020

Miranda · Married on 02/12/2020

Great Experience!

Florist quality flowers for half the price! We choose to go through Kukka Flowers for our winter wedding since they had the exact flowers we wanted (Ruby collection) and it was such a great deal after receiving quotes from florists in our area. They sent an arranging guide and I followed along with the breakdown but there's definitely room to get creative since I had a bunch of extra flowers! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Madison

Madison S. · Married on 01/18/2020

Surprisingly Doable!

I wanted fresh flowers for my wedding, but with a budget of roughly $1,000 for a bouquet, three bridesmaids bouquets, 10 boutineers, 11 centerpieces, and a floral arrangement for the card/guest book table, I wasn't going to be able to hire a florist. Kukka was great to work with — I sent them photos of what I was envisioning, and they put together a custom quote for about $1,050 for everything I needed.

Here's my advice if you're planning on doing your own flowers: give yourself a lot of time and make sure you have all the tools you'll need. It took five hours on Wednesday for me to get all the flowers trimmed, organized, and in buckets, and it took all of Thursday for my mom, my best friend, and I to assemble all the arrangements. I would strongly recommend purchasing several of the assembly kits Kukka sells, and I would also strongly encourage anyone doing their own flowers to get wet floral foam for their centerpieces. We really struggled with the centerpieces until my mom ran out and got wet floral foam, and that really did change the game for us.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Jesse · Married on 11/23/2019

LOVED working with Kukka. Flowers turned out great and the process was super simple.

Sent on 01/12/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/25/2019

Made wedding flowers so easy!

I wanted flowers to be a focal point at my wedding,but with having a smaller budget I couldn't afford a florist. So I went online and there's was the first website was the first one to come up, so I clicked on the packages option and I fell in love with the Purple Package,so gorgeous! A representitive helped me figure out what amount of flowers I needed and would fit my budget.They came in several days before my wedding,they were just as beautiful as pictured online! Everyone at the wedding commented on how beautiful the flowers were! If you are looking for GORGEOUS flowers on a budget,I totally reccomend Kukka Flowers!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/25/2019

DIY Flowers is the way to go!

My husband and I paid for most of our wedding ourselves, and we saved soooooo much money by choosing Kukka. We had originally looked a different online flower vendor, but they never responded to my email, whereas Kukka responded the same day and were very detailed about the DIY wedding flower process. They also offer an online chat option, which is extremely helpful for immediate, cannot wait answers. Our flowers were delivered 2 days before our wedding in excellent condition. We did the "elegant white" collection to keep it classy and simple, plus I love hydrangeas. We chose one of the smaller options because I made our own centerpieces, so we only needed flowers for the wedding party and our parents. I had a "flower assembling" get together with my mother, mother-in-law, and my husband's aunt, and it was a great bonding experience. The include directions for how to put each bouquet together, the only thing I would suggest is to include a detailed picture of how each bouquet is supposed to look...we were constantly referencing the website and blowing up the pictures on my Apple TV so we knew what they would look like. Be sure to buy the "DIY wedding kit" add-on, for all the materials needed to put the bouquets together. I also bought some gold ribbon at Michael's to add my own touch to the bouquets and fit our wedding color theme

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 10/19/2019

Everything was great!

When trying to pick flowers they were so helpful, and helped guide me to what would best suite my vision! The week of my wedding there was some bad weather that actually delayed my flowers by a day but they were here the next day by 7:30am. We still had plenty of time to arrange! The flowers were absolutely beautiful, so glad we went with them!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Shannon M. · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing Flowers!

Kukka was super easy to work with and determine which package was the right fit. I went with the smallest package for bouquets and ordered an extra bouquet for the 5 bridesmaids. There were plenty of flowers extra to make the boutonnières with. I am so glad I had 7 people to help make the bouquets/boutonnieres, especially my best friend's mom who enjoys crafting/designing. We honestly couldn't have done it without her, so I highly recommend you have a person who knows how to work with flowers/has vision (because I certainly did not :)). It was worth doing DIY flowers thanks to the cost. All of the flowers were amazing.

We used 3 buckets for the flowers and it took us 3-4 hours to assemble the bouquets and boutonnières. I highly recommend using Kukka!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Nicole C. · Married on 10/05/2019

Great flowers if you know what you're doing!

I had a friend help me assemble my flowers who had worked in a flower shop previously, and my flowers looked great and very professional! They held up really well through the ceremony and reception as well. I think without help from someone with experience I could have done the job but it would have taken quite a long time. Overall the company was really responsive and my flowers looked great, so I'm happy!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 09/14/2019

Would do the same DIY all over again

We made our own flowers and it was definitely the way to go! We had tons of flowers left over and placed them throughout the venue. The flowers arrived, as ordered, Wed night for our friday wedding. they have to sit in water for at least 12 hrs fyi and we made them on thurs am which took 3 hrs with 5 people helping. We made 8 bouquets and an XL bridal bouquet as well as 8 boutonnieres and had flowers left over for flowers for the mothers and grandmothers and fathers.

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Hailee

Hailee S. · Married on 08/26/2019

Great choice for flowers

I am very happy I chose to do this for my flowers. It saved a lot of money doing it this way. My wedding was on a Monday and I got my flowers delivered on Friday and we built them on Saturday. They all stayed alive and were really pretty

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole B. · Married on 08/24/2019

Flower Heaven!

At first I was a little nervous to use a service like this but it was absolutely amazing. Sara responded to all my questions so quickly and even helped me build my custom order. The shipping was quick and stress-free which I was so thankful for since I had a destination wedding. The flowers were packaged perfectly, I cried when I saw them because they were so beautiful. I always dreamed of having tons of flowers at my wedding and Kukka flowers delivered that dream! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Molly C. · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful Flowers!

We had the grandmother of the groom, a professional florist, help with arranging the flowers. She stated that they were the most beautiful flowers she has seen. We were happy with the delivery and freshness of the flowers. The kit that we ordered to assemble the flowers was very helpful, as were the directions. We had a few others helping as well and they thought the directions were clear. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing Custom Order

I got a custom order from Kukka flowers and they turned out to be everything that I wanted. Stepha and her team were extremely responsive, answering emails only hours after I sent them, which was awesome days before my wedding. Directions are a bit minimal, but luckily I had some artistic bridesmaids, and honestly it was awesome that everyone's bouquet was so unique and original. The price can't be beat and I think the quality was equal to any other florist.

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • F

Forest · Married on 04/26/2019

Kukka Flowers

Everything turned out wonderful. Ended up having more flowers than I needed which worked out perfectly. Colors were beautiful, flowers were beautiful, and everyone loved them.
    Kukka stayed in communication with me as promised.
    P.S. don't be fooled when the flowers first come in. Water and a handful of aspirin works wonder on already beautiful flowers.

Sent on 04/28/2019

Sarah A. · Married on 04/14/2019

Beautiful flowers

I was apprehensive about doing my flowers for my wedding at first but I don’t regret a thing. Kukka flowers makes buying and making the bouquets so easy. I’m not very creative but they give cookie cutter instructions to make your bouquets perfect. Flowers came as described. Really loved them! I definitely recommend to anybody looking to save money.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Sarah · Married on 03/23/2019

Easy & gorgeous

My fiance and I were already super impressed with Kukka Flowers when we saw how affordable they were and the gorgeous flowers in their packages! We were apprehensive about DIY, but did some quick research and watched some videos they have on their site and it was easy! We were able to add on extra boutonnieres and some extra flowers to our Crazy in Love package. They were so accommodating to our needs and numbers. Putting the arrangements together ended up being a fun get together before the wedding day with my girls and family. We received so many compliments on our work and felt pretty proud to say that we made each one. My bridal bouquet has been sitting in a vase since Saturday and it still looks just as beautiful as on our wedding day!!

Sent on 03/26/2019

Libby M. · Married on 01/19/2019

Loved my flowers! So happy!

My friend used Kukka for her wedding and the flowers came out beautiful, so when I started planning my wedding I reached out to them. I chose their ‘Crazy in Love’ collection and emailed them to make a few adjustments to the colors. They responded very promptly and were so helpful! Upon delivery I followed the instructions provided. The flowers came out exactly as I had envisioned! Also were super fresh and fragrant on our wedding day. Thanks Kukka you made the process so easy and fun!

Sent on 03/26/2019