Kuhl Entertainment Reviews

150 | Madison, WI

150 Reviews for Kuhl Entertainment

Greg · Married on 06/16/2012

We met these guys at a local bridal show last year and decided to take a chance on them. We weren't sure what to expect from a newer company, but we immediately clicked with Josh's personality. He was very genuine in his eagerness to help my wife and I plan out our whole wedding day and really seemed to know what he was doing. Once our wedding day came closer, we met with Josh again for a final meeting to finish the planning process. He was very quick to get back to us and when we did meet he was very thorough. Once the day came, Josh was confident and clear on the microphone and pretty much played wedding coordinator, emcee, and bartender (he was getting drinks for the wedding party during dinner) all while keeping the energy going. During the dance, he played a great mix of what Jenny and I wanted to hear as well as taking care of our guests. We heard a LOT of compliments at the end of the night and even the next day. My wife and I would highly recommend B Kuhl to any of our friends and family getting married in the future.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2012

Josh was a fantastic DJ from start to finish. I didn't get off the dance floor all night. While we didn't go in for a lot of the wedding events, he had a lot of unique offerings such as wedding trivia, history of the line dance, and retro wedding aerobics. He was very accommodating as far as music choices were concerned (my groom listens to nothing mainstream, and Josh managed to play enough songs to get him out on the dance floor a couple times.... no small feat!) Finally, his set-up was amazing, with uplighting that completely transformed our reception space. A good DJ can make or break your wedding, and B Kuhl Entertainment certainly helped make ours unforgettable!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Angela · Married on 05/19/2012

Josh was great to work with! He listened to what we wanted and offered great advice.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Ryan · Married on 05/05/2012

B Kuhl did a fantastic job at not only the day of our wedding but made a genuine effort towards getting to know us as a couple and our music tastes before the big day! Our reception was very special and memorable due to his efforts!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Amber · Married on 07/16/2011

We had B Kuhl Entertainment at our July wedding and couldn't have been happier. Josh took the time to talk with us and meet with us before our wedding to find out our music interests and preferences. He is excellent at getting everybody involved and on the dance floor. I would recommend B Kuhl Entertainment to anybody, as he can fit any style you are looking for.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Krista · Married on 06/04/2011

Josh Kuhl was the best! Since our Wedding on June 4th 2011 I have passed his number on to 3 other couples that are getting married in the next two years. Thank you so much for helping make our day better than I could have dreamed! If you are looking for a DJ this is your guy.

Sent on 06/17/2011

Cary · Married on 10/23/2010

Josh had everyone on the dance floor, young and old. He made our wedding a blast. He was a great MC and kept the schedule going on time.

Sent on 11/16/2013

Rachel · Married on 06/26/2010

We recently used B Kuhl Entertainment for our wedding reception back home in WI. Josh quoted us with a very reasonable price for the services he provided. Seriously, having him as our DJ was the best idea ever. He did his homework and then some. He comprised a play list of some of our favorite bands as well as pleasing music for the older crowd. Our friends and family loved his work and complimented on the continuous flow of tunes and song requests. He is a very personable and professional in his work. You won't find another DJ like him! I highly recommend using him for your next event.

Sent on 07/01/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/01/2010

In May of 2009 we went to a wedding that Josh DJ'd and absolutely loved his voice, style and overall entertainment of the crowd. So when it came time for my own wedding in May of 2010, there was no doubt about it, I wanted him to DJ our wedding as well!

From the very beginning, Josh was professional and always prompt with answering any questions we had, and was always willing to meet any time that worked best for us. During the planning process, he was exceptionally helpful, and came up with countless ideas for a fun reception that would keep our guests entertained all through the night with not only the music we wanted, but games and more to keep everyone's interest.

I got 100% positive feedback from my guests (and I asked tons of them) about B Kuhl Entertainment and Josh's DJing; everyone loved him! I definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ in the future.

Sent on 08/16/2010

Amanda · Married on 05/09/2009

In May 2009 Josh DJ'd our wedding and all our guests RAVED about what a good time they had. I heard from several people it was one of the funnest weddings they'd ever been to. Josh loves what he does and it shows through the quality of his work. He is very easy to work with and will cater to your needs. He'll get your most shy guests out on the dance floor. He definitely made our wedding memorable and I couldn't recommend him any more highly! In fact ALL our friends had him DJ their weddings after seeing him at ours! Sadly none of them rivaled our "Bohemian Rhapsody" sing-a-long...can you?

Sent on 01/28/2011
  • W

William · Married on 05/09/2009

Josh is not only a great friend but an excellent choice that we had made for our wedding DJ! We had originally planned just an iPod wedding but Josh worked with us and our budget and was able to make the night the most memorable time (besides the birth of our daughter). He was very responsive to our requests and was also able to find songs on the fly that he didn't have. And at the end of the night we had a 40 person circle singing Bohemian Rhapsody with josh included. I couldn't have asked for a more professional and courteous DJ. He helped shape out night from blah to WOO HOO!!! I would highly recommend B Kuhl Entertainment to anyone looking for the fun, spontaneous, and interactive DJ! If I could give 6 stars I would!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Courtney · Married on 08/04/2018

We had Trent for our wedding, and he was fantastic! We loved the entire dance party, his music choices, how he honored our requests and was constantly checking in to make sure we were having fun (and I think he picked up on the fact that my husband didn't care what music was playing, only I did!!) I also loved that he was able to mix songs and slide from one song to the other effortlessly, making the dance party pretty non-stop. He was also flexible when we had some timeline shifts in the middle of the evening. He was on time, personable and polite with my parents and family, and just a really nice guy. We had quite a few problems with vendors throughout the wedding planning process, but these guys were not in that category - they were responsive and reliable, which was a huge relief!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Bethany · Married on 07/18/2015

We LOVED working with Amy of Kuhl Entertainment! She helped us to create a written itinerary of our wedding, played all of our "must-haves" and pinpointed our music preferences perfectly. She was very flexible when weather changed some of our timeline and made sure our guests followed the guidelines (no jumping) at our venue. Amy definitely went above and beyond to make sure our guests had fun and were taken care of. She provided us with beautiful and flawless ceremony music and continued the party right through the end of the reception. She was so in tune with us as a couple that people were asking her "How long have you been friends with Taylor and Bethany?" In addition, the lighting matched the environment to the T. I would never hesitate to recommend Amy and will work with her for any DJ needs in the future.

Sent on 08/10/2015
  • Emmy

Emmy · Married on 01/31/2015

We hired Josh to do our ceremony music and reception. He was the first vendor we hired and really set the bar high for what we wanted in any vendor. He was responsible, professional and a total blast. We really wanted a DJ that we clicked with and I can't imagine hiring anyone else.
    My husband loved that Josh helped us with a timeline of events. It took a lot of stress away from us and also allowed our reception to flow so smoothly. He really got a feel for the type of party we wanted and totally nailed it. There was a hiccup with the ceremony processional, but I didn't even notice because he played it out so naturally. We are lucky to have had him help make our night wonderful.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Our DJ was very professional and fun at the same time. B Kuhl Entertainment treated our wedding like it was the most important day of their lives too. We had so many compliments on our DJ and our guests had a blast!!!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Brendan went out of his way to make our day work. It started raining and he went above and beyond to move our setup inside... Great professionalism and a fun person at the same time!

Sent on 09/02/2013

We had so many people on the dance floor all night long. Very friendly DJ, nice to work with. I would recommend to anyone! Did a wonderful job on our ceremony as well.

Sent on 12/06/2012

Katey · Married on 03/10/2012

B Kuhl Entertainment provided excellent DJ and karaoke service at my wedding. When it became clear that our guests were more into the karaoke than the dancing (seriously, there was almost no one on the dance floor except my mother in law - yikes!), Josh seamlessly transition into primarily karaoke. He was training two new DJs at the time, and if their performance at my wedding is any indication, they are going to be just as fantastic as Josh is. I had seen Josh at my best friend's wedding so I knew he was going to be great, but from start to finish I could not have asked for more from our DJ.

Sent on 10/11/2012

Angela · Married on 07/09/2011

Josh was great to work with - he really knows his stuff! I consider myself somewhat of a music snob, so I had a lot of special requests for songs to play on our big day. He not only accommodated all of our requests, but also fit in a lot of requests from our guests. I strongly recommend Josh's version of Retro Aerobics at any wedding... it was loads of fun! We heard lots of compliments on him throughout the night. Overall, I would definitely recommend Josh to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. He's very professional and takes a lot of pride in his work.

Sent on 08/15/2011

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

I would absolutely book Kuhl entertainment for any event you are hosting. We are from Milwaukee so were hesistant to hire someone from outside the city but I am so glad they did. They were super accommodating when it came to meeting with them and gave us the option to do a Skype meeting when we couldn't drive out to Madison. The up lighting they provided was stunning and our room looked amazing. They kept our guests dancing the whole night and received so many compliments from our guests about how great they were. They really listened to us about what we wanted our wedding to be like and the music we wanted played.

Sent on 07/15/2016

Kimberly · Married on 03/12/2016

We had such a blast at our reception and our DJ, Brenden, played such a big part of that.
    He was fun (and easy) to work with, and really "got" us and our style. We had a ton of compliments on the music. We had a small group of guests but every one of them was very important to us. We wanted them to have as good of a time as we were planning on having, and they did. Thank you for your advice, for listening to us, for keeping our guests (and a few wedding crashers) on the floor and for playing Robin Sparkles! Could not have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 04/22/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2015

Without a doubt, our DJ was the best investment we made for our wedding day. My husband knew Josh from his trivia hosting days and when it came time to pick a DJ he told me that this was what he wanted and if there was going to be a battle over it that this was "the hill he would die on" -- no joke. He would not hear of hiring anyone else and boy, am I glad I didn't fight him on it!

Josh is really personable and at the initial consultation he was professional and helpful. Unfortunately, the date that we had picked was a day Josh was already booked so we went with another one of his DJ crew -- Amy. Oh my gosh, I cannot say enough good things about her! She not only helped to make dinner run exceptionally smooth, but she kept the dance floor buzzing. Even though we didn't have a ton of dancers at our reception she was an expert at reading the floor and responding to what the crowd was liking or disliking--plus, she taught us nerds how to Wobble. We also opted to have some dinner trivia--a nice option to keep the glass clinking in check!--and she nailed it! Everyone had a great time and thought it was very entertaining.

Almost all of our guests approached us during the reception to tell us how great she was! Kuhl Entertainment may not be the least expensive option in the area, but they are definitely the best experience.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Nicole · Married on 02/01/2014

B Kuhl Entertainment did an amazing job for our wedding. They went above and beyond to meet our needs that day and our guests had a great time thanks to the great music and mood that was set. The photo booth was a hit and would encourage everyone to add this on to their package. I would highly recommend this company to my friends.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Christine · Married on 06/07/2013

Our reception was a blast bacause of Josh's music selection. He had all the guests on the dance floor.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Charles · Married on 09/26/2015

When we met with Josh from Kuhl entertainment, he put us at ease immediately. He was clearly a professional who knew exactly what he was doing, and seemed like a cool guy as well. He recommended Joe Mauseth to handle our wedding music for our ceremony and reception. We were so happy to have him! Joe met with us twice before the day of the wedding to go over exactly what we wanted - specific songs for each part of the ceremony, and a custom playlist for cocktail hour/dinner (and he perfectly filled in similar music when he ran out of songs on our playlist!). Then after the planned dances, we just wanted him to keep the dance floor full, which he did! Our friends said he was one of the best wedding DJs they had seen. He fulfilled every request from the guests and everyone had a blast!

I'd highly recommend Joe and Kuhl Entertainment. They are extremely professional and knowledgable, and know exactly how to make your wedding music perfect for you!

Sent on 08/18/2016