Kuhl Entertainment Reviews

148 | Madison, WI

148 Reviews for Kuhl Entertainment

Kathryn · Married on 08/17/2013

B Kuhl Entertainment was wonderful to work with. They I listened to us to figure out what we wanted for music. They were very flexible with us throughout the planning process to make sure that our day went the way we all wanted it too. I would totally recommend these guys to other as well as use them again if I ever had a need for a dj in the future.

• W

William · Married on 08/03/2013

Josh, Ted, and Bill were awesome! I truly believe any bride and groom are in good hands with B Kuhl entertainment. Their sound equipment was great, the up lighting really brought our room to life and Bill's photo booth was a huge hit with everybody!

Brittany · Married on 07/27/2013

Josh & Josh of B Kuhl Entertainment were absolutely fabulous! Service was reasonably priced to fit our needs. Josh responded to any inquiries in a very timely fashion. All the music played was awesome! I was on the dance floor the majority of the night! I would definitely recomment B Kuhl Entertainment to anyone planning a wedding, or any event needing DJ services!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Lauren · Married on 07/26/2013

We knew Josh from our weekly trivia trips. When it came to planning our wedding we knew he would be someone that we would want to talk to about being a DJ at our wedding! We got married 1.5 hours away from Madison in Illinois and he was willing to travel for it.

It has been 3 weeks since our wedding and still when we talk about our wedding with friends and family our DJ gets brought up about how great he was. He provided awesome up lighting to match our colors and music that kept everyone on the dance floor even past original end time.

Josh was extremely flexible with music and paid attention to music that must be played and songs that we didn't want played. He was quick to play songs that were requested and downloaded on the spot if he didn't have them. If he noticed people leaving the dance floor he switched it up to something to get people back out.

The week before the wedding when we met for the final consultation we added ceremony music and he was quick to accommodate for our outdoor ceremony at the last minute.

I can't say enough about how great he was and how Josh was crucial to providing a memorable reception!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Ashley · Married on 07/06/2013

Josh was so great! He was professional but fun. He made sure everything ran smoothly from the grand march to the speeches to the first dance. He definitely kept the party going. The photo booth was awesome as well. My sister liked him so much she is going to have him at her wedding and I can't wait!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/28/2013

Josh was highly recommended to me and now I know why. We couldn't have been happier with him. From beginning to end, it was a great experience. Josh was quick to respond to any questions and helpful when I asked for suggestions. He was happy to do our interview via phone since I live out of town.
    A few weeks before the wedding I realized I didn't have ceremony music....Josh to the rescue! He was able to fit that into his schedule as well.
    The day of the wedding was perfect. Josh provided the music, speakers and microphones for our outdoor ceremony. And the reception was so much fun. Josh kept us on our schedule while providing music that kept us all dancing until the very end. He even got out on the dance floor to demonstrate the moves during what he called the "history of the line dance". We had so much fun and our guests also commented on how great Josh was.
    On top of all that, he did an amazing job with the uplighting of the room. He used our wedding colors and the effect on our venue was simply breathtaking.
    I highly recommend Josh!!!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2013

We had Brenden for our wedding. He was absolutely terrific. You could tell he cared so much to make this experience terrific for us. He worked so hard and played some great music. There was never a song with no one dancing. I would absolutely recommend them.

Sent on 06/26/2013

heidi · Married on 06/15/2013

Great service from the initial meeting right up until the last guest left the wedding. Prompt and played the music that we requested. Creative and fun and helped the wedding timeline flow and was flexible when wedding time line wasn't right on queue. Great taste in music and well rounded play list for all guests to enjoy. Highly recommended!

Laurie · Married on 06/08/2013

Josh was fantastic. He did the sound for both our ceremony and reception. The music selections were perfect, and he kept the party going. Everything was great, and I would certainly use him again for other events.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Arun · Married on 05/25/2013

Phenomenal service. Thoroughly professional and well prepared, they controlled the tempo of the reception evening and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Alaina · Married on 05/18/2013

LOVED LOVED LOVED everything about these guys and it wasn't even my wedding! I would reccommend them to everyone I know! Thanks for the awesome personal lighting with the challenging wedding colors (orange, purple and yellow), the photo booth and great jams all night! You guys really are the best!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Rosemary · Married on 05/17/2013

We had a great time at our wedding party. I heard from the guests that they liked the variety of music. There was a hiccup with who was going to be my DJ. It was scheduled to one person and last minute there was a change. But none the less it was taken care of. I was even asked by Josh if he wanted me to wear a suit or not. As our groomsmen were not in them, We got married in Cancun so it was more laid back party. I was pleased that he asked and just didn't show up in whatever.

Sent on 09/08/2013

Megan · Married on 05/11/2013

Brenden B was our DJ with B Kuhl Entertainment and he was great! I have nothing bad to say about this company at all!! They offer a lot of different services and for a good price! He not only played all the music we wanted and more but he also made our whole reception room look great with the up lighting they set up!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Emily · Married on 05/11/2013

I would definitely recommend Josh as a DJ! He did a wonderful job at our wedding! We had many compliments from friends & family, because he did a great job keeping the party going. At one point I noticed that the dance floor was spilling out onto the carpet! Very easy going and accommodating, showed up on time, and was professional while still seeming to have fun with his job. Thank you!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Kuhl Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Emily! That was a pretty big dance floor, too! I love making the trip down to the Veteran's Terrace for weddings, especially when I get to celebrate with a great group of friends and family such as yours. Congratulations once again!

Lucas · Married on 04/27/2013

Brenden Burmeister, through B Kuhl Entertainment, was an absolute essential to making our wedding so memorable. From walking us through what to do for the grand march, talking to our photographer and working out a "photo-bombing" idea for our walk to the head table, giving us a heads-up about upcoming dances, a large array of music, and a superb attitude that is impossible to not have a good time around. He also showed great flexibility when the mother of the groom, at last second, changed the song to the mother-groom dance.

He easily mixed a fun/laid back attitude with professional focus and attention. It is easy to tell that he is passionate about his job in everything he does and I, for one, feel that the DJ business is blessed to have him.

From Mr. & Mrs. Lucas Powelka we would like to thank you Brenden Burmeister for making a great day even better!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Jared · Married on 04/20/2013

Our DJ was Ted, and he did an amazing job. We met initially a couple months before the event and discussed what we wanted our reception to look like, and what kind of music we liked and didn't like. He gave us some paperwork to prepare for our musical taste as well as for a trivia game that was included and that we had done at our reception.

The few times we needed to contact him before the reception, Ted was very responsive and helpful. We had a video and a slideshow that we wanted played after dinner, and he was able to get everything set up and working properly even though we didn't have the slideshow until the day before the wedding.

He arrived early at the venue and had everything ready to go when guests arrived. We had softer music during dinner, and dance music from around 7:45 until Midnight. The music was appropriate, and all of our requests were honored.

One thing he did which I don't recall having seen at a wedding before, which I thought was pretty awesome, was if there was a song that the crowd didn't seem engaged with, and nobody was dancing, he wasn't afraid to fade out and start a new song. He kept the crowd engaged and we had people dancing all night long, even though it was a smaller reception.

We had a few issues with the venue, and Ted took it upon himself to discuss with them to ensure a great experience for our guests. For example, there was loud rap music playing from an adjacent bar, and he asked the management to turn down the bass. He kept his professionalism and made sure everything was perfect for us.

In summary, I would recommend B Kuhl and specifically the DJ Ted wholeheartedly. The music was great, the lighting was great, and our guests all had only good things to say about the reception and the DJ specifically. If you want for you and your guests to have a great time, this is who you want!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Marshall · Married on 04/13/2013

Josh did an awesome job and went out of his way to make sure my wife and I were happy!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Becky · Married on 04/06/2013

Awesome!!!! Josh did everything we asked of him and then some! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 08/31/2013

Amber · Married on 11/10/2012

Well to start off i had the amazing dj named Teddy, we started planning the details about 4 months ahead of the the wedding day. He was so helpful with advice and open to what ideas i had. I had a song request list on my rsvp invites and he had almost every single song which was awsome!! He cordinated like the whole recption that night, the servers were being really slow with transitions things and he help move it along. We had the dollor dance and anniversery dance and all went very well! My dad and I wanted to do a different dance with different car themed songs and teddy put all of our songs together to make one song and it was perfect, we got lots of good feedback on it. The lights that were set up all over were awsome! Super cool. i would defenitly reccomend B Kuhl Entertainment to those brides out there looking for a great dj :) Thanks Teddy!!

Sent on 11/15/2012

Adam · Married on 10/19/2012

Josh Kuhl was a perfect choice for our wedding. We had seen him DJ for a friend's wedding reception and when we got engaged he was the first person we thought of. He was everything we hoped for and more. He nailed every category I can think of: value, flexible with our needs and wants, professional, fun, played only what we wanted to hear, anticipated our needs before we even knew we wanted things... you just can't find this in most DJs. We plan on contacting B Kuhl again for our next big party or anniversary.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Allison · Married on 10/13/2012

If you are looking for an amazing DJ service, B Kuhl entertainment is absolutely the best choice. My husband and I had seen Josh at the Watertown Bridal Fair back in 2011, and loved his personality, style, and services. We originally ended up going with a friend of my husband who also is a DJ. Then, all of a sudden, 4 weeks before the wedding, our friend backed out and we were stuck. So I emailed Josh, thinking it was a long shot to see if he would be booked, and literally within 5 minutes, he emailed back saying he did have that day open! He unfortunately had another event that night, but he sent his right hand man Brenden and he was AMAZING! Brenden was there and set up well before our event started, played all the music we wanted (eliminated what we didn't), and was entertaining the entire night. We had so many compliments and many people asked about their info to book them for their own events.

Josh sent everything through email to us to get the ball rolling (since it was such short notice) and was very accomodating to our requests. He is super easy to work with, gets everything back to you in a timely manner, and makes sure you, as a customer, are 100% satisfied. We met with both Brenden and Josh the week before the wedding to finalize all the details and they were very good about all the details. They make up an itinerary for you, have a music SAT to fill out for all of your favorite (and not so fave) music, do not play lists, and tuxedo trivia (which our guests loved!)

I could not say enough nice and amazings things about these guys. They did an incredible job and truly made our wedding a night to remember!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Chris · Married on 09/02/2012

When I met with Josh (the owner) as a recommendation from a friend who had a wedding that B Kuhl Entertainment DJ'd, I was astonished at the value they were offering compared to some of the other DJ companies in town that my wife and I looked into.

As a musician myself I was immediately sold after hearing about the quality of sound equipment and the amount of high level lighting they provided for about half the price as some of the other companies.

Josh also took the time for us to fill out a detailed questionnaire asking about our musical preferences. We also were able to provide a "Do Not Play" list. This process ensured we would hear the music we wanted and to not be fuming after hearing a country song play at our wedding.

We did our wedding at Olin Park in Madison which presented some AV challenges that B Kuhl Entertainment was able to overcome:

1. We wanted to do our wedding by the lake, outside the shelter that the reception was held. B Kuhl was able to run hundreds of feed of cable and seamlessly provide great sound for entrance/exit music, our minister and our musical guest.
    2. The shelter at Olin Park has drab white walls that needed something to spruce them up. B Kuhl provided up lighting that lit up the room in the color of our choice which made for a WOW factor to everyone who entered.

As for the reception itself, the sound quality and lighting aspect where the best I've ever seen at a wedding (I'm glad it was my wedding). Josh & Brenden were able to keep a ton of people on the dance floor all night. There was never a time where you saw less than 20 people dancing.

To sum it up, we continue to have people talk about two aspects of our wedding months later. 1. The excellent pig roast from Porktropolis 2. The amazing DJ. This says a lot because all aspects of our wedding were perfect.

Sent on 05/06/2013

Paul · Married on 08/11/2012

Wonderful DJ! Josh was very professional and made sure that everyone heard the songs they wanted and followed our directions to a T!

I highly suggest the wedding trivia! He even made sure that our cousin with Downs Syndrome answered a question and got a prize. That made his whole night and we had Josh to thank for that! It was truly an amazing reception!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Eric · Married on 06/22/2012

Josh was our DJ that we hired to do our wedding this past summer. We found him through a Wedding show that we attended at Evergreen Golf Course. He did a awesome job meeting with us getting to know our music needs and how we wanted our wedding reception to flow. After the reception we heard nothing but amazing responses from our guest and loved the music he played; that kept everyone on the dance floor the entire time. I would highly recommend Josh for any occasion but he seems to really shine in the wedding atmosphere. We also booked our photo booth through him as well and got a discount for the pairing. I would also recommend booking him as well. He had tons of props to take great pictures with and the picture book that they gave us at the end of the night was awesome.

Sent on 01/23/2013

Greg · Married on 06/16/2012

We met these guys at a local bridal show last year and decided to take a chance on them. We weren't sure what to expect from a newer company, but we immediately clicked with Josh's personality. He was very genuine in his eagerness to help my wife and I plan out our whole wedding day and really seemed to know what he was doing. Once our wedding day came closer, we met with Josh again for a final meeting to finish the planning process. He was very quick to get back to us and when we did meet he was very thorough. Once the day came, Josh was confident and clear on the microphone and pretty much played wedding coordinator, emcee, and bartender (he was getting drinks for the wedding party during dinner) all while keeping the energy going. During the dance, he played a great mix of what Jenny and I wanted to hear as well as taking care of our guests. We heard a LOT of compliments at the end of the night and even the next day. My wife and I would highly recommend B Kuhl to any of our friends and family getting married in the future.

Sent on 07/31/2012