KSmithson Photography Reviews

KSmithson Photography 5
KSmithson Photography 6
KSmithson Photography 7

Elisha · Married on 11/17/2018

We love KSmithson Photography! Both Kourtney and Trevor are so accommodating and easy to work with. They are crazy talented and our pictures turned out beautifully. We could not be more happy with our experience and can’t wait to share these pictures for years to come!

KSmithson Photography 8
    KSmithson Photography 14
    KSmithson Photography 15
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 11/10/2018

Could not have been a better fit!

Kourtney and Trevor were a dream come true. Both are extremely personable and easy to work with. Kourtney was always available to chat before the wedding. They genuinely love what they do and you can see their passion in their work. My photos turned out beautiful and our families were impressed! I had several people ask about the photographers. Kourtney and Trevor are more than just your wedding photographers, they become part of your family❤️. My bridesmaids and I loved spending the morning with Kourtney and the boys definitely adored Trevor.

KSmithson Photography 16
    KSmithson Photography 17
    KSmithson Photography 18
    KSmithson Photography 19
    KSmithson Photography 20

Scarlett Fowler · Married on 11/07/2018

Amazing wedding photographers

Kourtney & Trevor were awesome for our wedding!!! We didn’t meet them until the day of our wedding, but they truly were such a lovely team and couple to spend the day with! They arrived on time and ready to start capturing the day! They both were excellent about helping us feel more comfortable in front of the camera. They really listened to our ideas for photos we wanted and captured them perfectly! They were both so easy to work with and so kind! By the time we got to the reception I didn’t want them photographing our day anymore, but instead I wanted them to celebrate it with us! We received our photos within a week and everyone has raved about them! Even my dad who is the biggest penny pincher has admitted they were very worth it and is still raving about their work and how sweet they were! I would recommend them 10/10 times!!! Absolutely loved them.

• Allegrah

Allegrah · Married on 10/20/2018

Photographers who became lifelong friends

Hiring Kourtney and Trevor for my wedding was the best decision I ever made. My wedding was over a month ago and I am still getting messages on how stunning my pictures are. Kourtney and Trevor made it all about me that day, and made sure they not only captured every moment of it but that everyone (bridal party included) was on time and doing what they were suppose to be doing. It was the most stress free day. They didn’t need any guidance, just got there and started shooting. They have this artistic eye, so whatever shot they wanted to capture I went with it and it was STUNNING. Love them so much. I hired them as my photographers and left with them being my lifelong friends!

Side note: Kourtney is like a packaged deal, she was definitely a photographer but quickly became like my day of coordinator, wedding planner and then did things my MOHs should’ve/would’ve done! You’re getting a lot of bang for your buck and I am not kidding when I say my timeline was met because Trevor and her kept everyone in check!

• User6887503 · Recently married

KSmithson Photography takes the absolute best photos. I had Kourtney do a photo shoot before my boyfriend deployed and was thrilled with how well they turned out. Kourtney was easy and fun to work with and she helped us to be our natural self. She really has a unique and artistic way about her, which I love! I'm looking forward to future photo sessions with her.

• Allyson

Allyson · Married on 09/29/2018

Ideal Wedding Vendor

My husband and I have had the privilege of working with KSmithson Photography twice over the last year (engagement and wedding photography) and we have received nothing by high compliments for our pictures! Kourtney & Trevor are the ideal wedding photographers! This husband and wife team feeds off your love while they work - and the results are absolutely breath-taking. They do not have a time limit on their wedding day package, giving you an ample amount of time to get in any and all shots you may want from your big day including while you're getting ready; first looks; all the way through your dance party reception and send off. These two are incredibly professional and PROMPT. Your other vendors will adore working with this duo because they are so flexible. They will make your pictures a very comfortable experience and they are willing to do anything you ask - they also have a great creative eye which helps capture unique shots you didn't know you wanted. Kourtney has a bubbly and refreshing soul - something perfect to work with in the midst of wedding planning! We truly are so blessed to have worked with such a beautiful photography team. Our pictures are an absolute "dream come true" to us and we will gawk over them forever!

KSmithson Photography 21
    KSmithson Photography 32
    KSmithson Photography 33
    KSmithson Photography 34

Emily · Married on 09/15/2018

Kourtney and Trevor are an amazing team to work with. From start to finish, they made everyone involved feel comfortable and natural. I really love the beautiful shots they take, a lot of them very unique to your typical engagement/wedding shoots. They also help make the day of run so smoothly. They coordinate with everyone involved to make sure the day goes off without a hitch. Since the day of is such a whirlwind, it was comforting to know that Kourtney and Trevor were keeping track of the time, and making sure everyone knew where to be and at what time. I was lucky and had a rainbow at my wedding and I didn’t even have to think and Kourtney pulled us aside to capture that beautiful moment. That’s another great thing about this pair, they look to capture sweet and intimate moments throughout the day that others might miss. I love both my engagement and wedding photos that they did. I really felt like a princess that day and they really captured that and made me feel beautiful. They are very organized, timely, and professional. You can tell that this is their passion as you see them get genuinely excited and invest in the couple they are working with. They are so easy to work with and flexible!! Thanks for everything guys!!

Erica · Married on 08/25/2018

Kourtney and Trevor were amazing!! Not only were they extremely professional they definitely were a ton of fun and very creative. You could see their passion for what they do and they are very hands on. They do not shy away from any kind of adventure or crazy idea. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and everyone and if I could use them again I would use them over and over! We love you guys!!

• Denise

Denise Bryant · Married on 08/12/2018

Awesome, Talented, Professional, Friendly

Kourtney was recommended to us by our wedding planner. After reviewing her website, reading her story, and seeing the phenomenal photos she took, we scheduled a meeting with her to talk about what she could do for us. From the moment we met her, we knew we wanted to work with Kourtney. She has an infectious energy that you just want to be around. She’s experienced, reasonably priced, and she works with your timeframe. She has no time limit. She’s there from the moment you want her to be until the end of your night, at no extra cost. At our wedding, she teamed up with her husband as the second shooter and they made a great duo! I couldn’t have asked for better coverage from the beginning to the end! I would highly recommend KSmithson Photography to anyone who wants awesome pictures taken at their wedding! She’s talented, experienced, and very good at what she does!

Sent on 02/07/2019
    KSmithson Photography 35
    KSmithson Photography 36

KSmithson Photography's reply:

We love you Denise! Thank you for your kind words. They mean so much to me :)
    Hope you guys are loving every minute of being Mr + Mrs!

XOXO

Tracy · Married on 08/04/2018

Kourtney and Trevor were made for destination wedding photography. Our wedding was in the mountains of Colorado with the full arsenal of weather possibilities deciding to attend our event. We had blue bird skies with sun, black clouds with thunder, a downpour, some hail, and a gorgeous post-storm sky all during our ceremony - Kourtney and Trevor were there for every outstanding moment. When I received my pictures from Kourtney, I couldn't believe how they had captured all of the chaos and laughter, but also all of the love and intimacy that filled that day. They made quick work of familiarizing themselves with the area, they stayed flexible and calm during the unexpected, and they put together some incredible photos. Cannot recommend this team enough.

Ellen · Married on 05/31/2018

Kourtney and Trevor are two of the most fun people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! They are so easy to work with make you laugh the entire time they aren’t photographing. They also know how to come to the rescue when your outdoor ceremony suddenly changes to indoors when it decides to storm. They were calm and reassuring through the whole thing and be truly make you feel special. The fact that they are a husband and wife team only makes you love them more. I am beyond honored to have had them as our photographers :)

Preethy · Married on 05/27/2018

Kourtney and Trevor were the photographers for our traditional Indian wedding - inclusive of religious ceremony and cultural events. Not only were they so easy and fun to work with, they made the whole process so easy! I don't live in Richmond and I was worried about coordinating from a far. Kourtney told me she'd be happy to direct as much or as little as we'd like and I handed the reigns to her on timing, locations, etc. I will forever be glad I did so!

While incredibly professional, they were also down to earth and were a joy to have join the bridal party throughout the day. Our guests/families loved them and commented on their cultural awareness/sensitivity. Overall their work was phenomenal! I'd recommend them for any and all events.

Raven · Married on 04/30/2018

Kourtney and Trevor are absolutely amazing! 5 stars are simply not doing this duo justice. I booked KSmithson Photography for my shoot to celebrate a major milestone in my life and I honestly could not think of a better photographer for the job. They were both super friendly and fun and I felt like a princess for the day, which I didn't know at the time but it was exactly what I wanted to feel like! Kourtney was so knowledgeable on flattering poses and made it so easy to be in front of the camera. I had so much fun with the shoot, I wanted to book another just because! Plus, the turnaround time for the pictures was lightning fast! I can not thank you guys enough, it could not have been a more perfect day! Book them now, you wont regret it!!

Siobhan · Married on 04/14/2018

Kourtney and her husband Trevor were the perfect photographers for our local and destination wedding (the destination was Spain where my husband is from). We were so lucky to work with them for individual shots that are stunning and far too many to choose from for printing, to capturing all our family and friends. We enjoyed every minute with them and they even helped get people to the dance floor with their excitement for life and capturing every minute of it. I looked at many photographers, but can say without a doubt you would be missing out to not choose these two- they put the fun and fantastic in photography.

Leigha · Married on 03/31/2018

Kourtney and Trevor were AMAZING!! They spent the entire day with my husband and I capturing every beautiful moment along the way <3 Trevor followed the boys on their pre-wedding adventures while Kourtney stayed with my bridesmaids and me for hair and makeup. When we all came together after the ceremony these two really did a crazy, great job of getting my gigantic family in every pic!! I also want to give massive props to Kourtney; she captured all of the pinterest-inspired photos I requested! So wonderful to see when we got the photos SO SOON after the wedding!! Really great job guys. I highly recommend :)

KSmithson Photography 37
    KSmithson Photography 38
    KSmithson Photography 39
    KSmithson Photography 40

Brecklyn · Married on 03/24/2018

As with every other review for them, 5 STARS for everything is not even a question! Working with Trevor and Kourtney was nothing short of incredible, and we feel so blessed that we found them! Not only are we completely in love with our sneak peaks and cannot wait to see the rest, but we also just loved having them as a part of our day! They both are calm and relaxed, but also have a get-it-done attitude that just makes things easy on the day-of. They were wonderful to meet with prior to the wedding, answered any and all questions, and on the day of just had everything and more covered!

Kourtney and Trevor, thank you for loving what you do and making your joy for your job contagious to all those around you! Having you as a part of our day was just awesome!! -Brecklyn and Noah

Polly · Married on 01/20/2018

Kourtney & Trevor don't just take pictures; they capture these special moments that just make you stop & awe at their creativity, their power. Its beyond picture-taking of the bride & groom, it's getting the face of the groom as he sees his bride for the first time, it's seeing the parents of the bride bow their heads in prayer as the ceremony begins, the look on the ring bearers face when the best man hands the wedding bands to the preacher, the groom reaching for his wife's hand, or her butt :) as the toast is received.... these moments you don't think about until you see them in your wedding photos from Kourtney & Trevor. These two talented people captured all these sweet moments & you realize then how important and beautiful they all are forever. They take pictures of so much more than the wedding! They get the emotion, love, the ever after. I love all of my engagement photos, bridal pics, and alllll of my wedding pics. Kourtney & Trevor are amazing, hands down, the best. You will love them. You will love working with them because they're so fun to be around, they love each other so much & they both believe in each other's work. They make you feel so important & beautiful. I hate that my wedding is over but I'm so lucky that I will see the 2 of them again because one of my bridesmaids loved Kourtney & Trevor so much that she booked them over a year and a half in advance. That should prove how amazing they are! Love you Kourtney & Trevor!

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2017

K. Smithson Photography was one of the BEST decisions I made for my wedding day. She was so professional and made you feel so comfortable, she didn’t feel like a vendor she felt like a friend. I received my gallery two weeks after my wedding and the photographs were more amazing than I ever dreamed they could be. She has an eye and passion and it’s contagious while she is photographing you. She works with any curveball thrown at your wedding day and handles it like a pro! She, in my opinion, is the most AMAZING photographer hands down. If you’re in Virginia, look no further Kourtney is your girl!

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

Kourtney and Trevor are an absolute blast to work with, plus they make the perfect husband/wife team! They are great at wrangling the crowds to ensure the photos are done efficiently. Additionally, they are not afraid to try new things to get unique shots. All of our photos turned out amazing! I cannot stress enough how important it is to feel comfortable with your wedding photographer, so have a chat with Kourtney because within the first 5 minutes, you will realize she is the one for your wedding/engagement shoot/whatever other photoshoot you may have in mind!

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2017

We recently had our engagement photo session with Kourtney and can't put into words with how awesome it was. She was super helpful with getting poses done right. We had so much fun and yet she kept it very professional. She has a very creative eye and we are totally in love with the pictures we got back within a very timely manner. We can not wait for her to shoot our wedding next year and will be definitely recommending her to anyone we may know.

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

We booked Kourtney for our engagement session (she is doing our wedding as well) and I cannot emphasize how AMAZING she was. The results were absolutely stunning - I posted our photos on social media and have never gotten such positive comments. People came out of the woodwork to message me and compliment the photos. Aside from the beautiful pictures, Kourtney is a blast to work with. My fiance and I were nervous about looking posed and uncomfortable in our pictures but she made the whole experience super fun and relaxing - my fiance (who hates pictures) actually enjoyed himself haha Kourtney wants to make the photos feel like your own. We told her previously that we enjoyed craft beers and she surprised us with a photo shoot at the Veil Brewery in Richmond - which was awesome! She got us behind the scenes and the photos are super unique. She is all about pleasing her clients and producing photos that really capture the personality of the couple. I would highly recommend working with her!

Jessie · Married on 09/23/2017

Kourtney and Trevor are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I don't know what I would have done without them. Hands down, best vendor choice I made. Their creativity and ability to capture emotion is unbelievable, I can look back through my photos and know exactly how I was feeling in that moment. I can't emphasize how incredible these two are, love love love them!

Jenny · Married on 09/16/2017

She is the best you will find!

Jenny · Married on 09/16/2017

Kourtney and Trevor make the perfect picture taking duo! We felt so relaxed and enjoyed every minute of our session. The pictures turned out better than we ever could have hoped for! We got our pictures back SO fast and all our friends and family are in love with them as much as we are!!!!