36 Reviews for KSmithson Photography

Boudoir Shoot (3)
Save the Date (3)
Hand-Coloring (2)
Toning (1)

KSmithson Photography takes the absolute best photos. I had Kourtney do a photo shoot before my boyfriend deployed and was thrilled with how well they turned out. Kourtney was easy and fun to work with and she helped us to be our natural self. She really has a unique and artistic way about her, which I love! I'm looking forward to future photo sessions with her.

Profile Picture User6887503, [Private], 1 Review
Category: Photography

As with every other review for them, 5 STARS for everything is not even a question! Working with Trevor and Kourtney was nothing short of incredible, and we feel so blessed that we found them! Not only are we completely in love with our sneak peaks and cannot wait to see the rest, but we also just loved having them as a part of our day! They both are calm and relaxed, but also have a get-it-done attitude that just makes things easy on the day-of. They were wonderful to meet with prior to the wedding, answered any and all questions, and on the day of just had everything and more covered!

Kourtney and Trevor, thank you for loving what you do and making your joy for your job contagious to all those around you! Having you as a part of our day was just awesome!! -Brecklyn and Noah

Profile Picture Brecklyn, 3/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Proofs

Kourtney & Trevor don't just take pictures; they capture these special moments that just make you stop & awe at their creativity, their power. Its beyond picture-taking of the bride & groom, it's getting the face of the groom as he sees his bride for the first time, it's seeing the parents of the bride bow their heads in prayer as the ceremony begins, the look on the ring bearers face when the best man hands the wedding bands to the preacher, the groom reaching for his wife's hand, or her butt :) as the toast is received.... these moments you don't think about until you see them in your wedding photos from Kourtney & Trevor. These two talented people captured all these sweet moments & you realize then how important and beautiful they all are forever. They take pictures of so much more than the wedding! They get the emotion, love, the ever after. I love all of my engagement photos, bridal pics, and alllll of my wedding pics. Kourtney & Trevor are amazing, hands down, the best. You will love them. You will love working with them because they're so fun to be around, they love each other so much & they both believe in each other's work. They make you feel so important & beautiful. I hate that my wedding is over but I'm so lucky that I will see the 2 of them again because one of my bridesmaids loved Kourtney & Trevor so much that she booked them over a year and a half in advance. That should prove how amazing they are! Love you Kourtney & Trevor!

Profile Picture Polly, 1/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

K. Smithson Photography was one of the BEST decisions I made for my wedding day. She was so professional and made you feel so comfortable, she didn’t feel like a vendor she felt like a friend. I received my gallery two weeks after my wedding and the photographs were more amazing than I ever dreamed they could be. She has an eye and passion and it’s contagious while she is photographing you. She works with any curveball thrown at your wedding day and handles it like a pro! She, in my opinion, is the most AMAZING photographer hands down. If you’re in Virginia, look no further Kourtney is your girl!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kourtney and Trevor are an absolute blast to work with, plus they make the perfect husband/wife team! They are great at wrangling the crowds to ensure the photos are done efficiently. Additionally, they are not afraid to try new things to get unique shots. All of our photos turned out amazing! I cannot stress enough how important it is to feel comfortable with your wedding photographer, so have a chat with Kourtney because within the first 5 minutes, you will realize she is the one for your wedding/engagement shoot/whatever other photoshoot you may have in mind!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Second Shooter

We recently had our engagement photo session with Kourtney and can't put into words with how awesome it was. She was super helpful with getting poses done right. We had so much fun and yet she kept it very professional. She has a very creative eye and we are totally in love with the pictures we got back within a very timely manner. We can not wait for her to shoot our wedding next year and will be definitely recommending her to anyone we may know.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We booked Kourtney for our engagement session (she is doing our wedding as well) and I cannot emphasize how AMAZING she was. The results were absolutely stunning - I posted our photos on social media and have never gotten such positive comments. People came out of the woodwork to message me and compliment the photos. Aside from the beautiful pictures, Kourtney is a blast to work with. My fiance and I were nervous about looking posed and uncomfortable in our pictures but she made the whole experience super fun and relaxing - my fiance (who hates pictures) actually enjoyed himself haha Kourtney wants to make the photos feel like your own. We told her previously that we enjoyed craft beers and she surprised us with a photo shoot at the Veil Brewery in Richmond - which was awesome! She got us behind the scenes and the photos are super unique. She is all about pleasing her clients and producing photos that really capture the personality of the couple. I would highly recommend working with her!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

Kourtney and Trevor are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I don't know what I would have done without them. Hands down, best vendor choice I made. Their creativity and ability to capture emotion is unbelievable, I can look back through my photos and know exactly how I was feeling in that moment. I can't emphasize how incredible these two are, love love love them!

Profile Picture Jessie, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

She is the best you will find!

Profile Picture Jenny, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kourtney and Trevor make the perfect picture taking duo! We felt so relaxed and enjoyed every minute of our session. The pictures turned out better than we ever could have hoped for! We got our pictures back SO fast and all our friends and family are in love with them as much as we are!!!!

Profile Picture Jenny, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kourtney and Trevor are the perfect picture duo! We felt so relaxed and enjoyed every minute of our session. Our pictures turned out so much better than we ever could have hoped for! We got them back SO fast and our friends and family are just as in love with them as we are! It doesn't get any better than these two so do yourself a favor and book them for your pictures!!!!

Profile Picture Chris, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kourtney and Trevor were amazing to work with. Kourtney was very responsive to all communication and understood exactly what my husband and I were looking for in our pictures. Kourtney and Trevor were both enthusiastic and it was simple to be at ease in front of the camera. Our pictures came back very quickly and we've had nothing but compliments on them! I would most definitely recommend them to anyone looking for pictures.

Profile Picture Meagan, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kourtney and Trevor could not have been more awesome. The communication with them from start to finish was great and very immediate. On the day of our wedding, they were perfect at taking control and getting through all of our pictures while also keeping the day fun and low-stress. The whole day was very low-stress and a lot of that was because of how great our vendors were and that started with Kourtney. My sister was a bridesmaid and has shot tons of weddings, and she was extremely impressed with Kourtney and Trevor. We also heard a great story about how Trevor took control as our (inebriated) guests lined up with sparklers for our exit, and the result was some amazing pictures.

Profile Picture Matt, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kourtney is so much fun to work with! She is creative and fun in her posing and really keeps the energy level high! She makes the experience enjoyable and comfortable. And the biggest plus? My photos came out beautifully! It took less than a week to get my online gallery. I highly recommend Kourtney for anyone thinking of using her services!

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/8/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Kourtney was such a pleasure to work with! She stayed with my bridesmaids and I and Trevor stayed with my husband and groomsmen throughout the entire "getting ready" process of the wedding day all the way until the end of the reception. Both Kourtney and Trevor brought such creativity, talent and heart into their photography and helped to make our wedding truly the best day ever. If you are searching for a fun loving, charismatic photographer with an eye for detail and a mind full of fresh and unique ideas, you've found what you're looking for with Kourtney.

Profile Picture Shannon, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Very professional and a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Wayne, 11/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kourtney was very flexible and open to my wants with our engagement pictures. Her and her husband were so fun and made us feel comfortable in order to get the perfect shot! Kourtney provided clear direction and did not let time restrict the shoot. The pictures were beautiful and she had them ready for me within two weeks of taking the photos. We've also booked her for our wedding day! I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Sara, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kourtney and her husband Trevor are an absolute delight to work with! They made rainbows out of Hurricane Matthew and made our event even more memorable! The sneak peek we've seen so far look spectacular, and they'll work to make every shot you want look amazing! They've gone above and beyond to meet our needs and all our requests! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Josh, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

My husband and I used Kourtney as the photographer for our wedding. She was amazing. She met us so many times to go over exactly what we wanted to happen on our special day. The pictures are extremely professional and beautiful just like we always wanted. We are beyond pleased with the work from KSmithson Photography. She is so much more than a photographer. She helped with stuff that needed to be done before the wedding and also helped me select the best makeup stylist. We will use her again in the future.

Profile Picture Cecelia, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We couldn't be any happier! From the time we met Kourtney and her husband, Trevor, at the Expo to delivery of our amazing photos it couldn't have been any smoother! She's a ball of ideas and makes you totally comfortable even when you're feeling a little silly posing. She's also great at wrangling the family that need to be in the pictures. If you're considering anyone else to photograph your wedding you're missing out!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jenn, 9/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kourtney photographed my boudoir session and it was the BEST experience! She was so easy to work with and made the afternoon sexy and fun. And the photos are amazing! My husband loved his surprise gift! Every woman should have this experience- she makes you look and feel beautiful.

Profile Picture Farrah, 8/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Kourtney and Trevor are absolutely amazing. They do a great job at keeping the relationship professional and making you feel comfortable. Both the planning process and the wedding day were a breeze thanks to them! My pictures are absolutely beautiful and I LOVE that they captured the goofy and really personal aspects of the wedding day, rather than just the typical wedding shots. Both my husband and myself would recommend them to anyone. We feel like we gained two new friends throughout the whole experience and plan to ask them for more services in the future :)

Profile Picture Jessie, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Save the Date

Do yourself a favor and hire Kourtney and Trevor. Just stop looking and work with them. Not only are my husband and I beyond thrilled with our photos, we love them as people too! It was like having another of my friends at my wedding and with me the whole day. They are beyond worth every penny! One of our groomsmen asked them how far they travel and said to consider themselves hired...he isn't even engaged yet! Any photo needs I have in my future will go straight to them! There is absolutely nothing negative that can be said.

Profile Picture Krysta, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot stress enough how crucial selecting the right photographer is. The day will fly by in a blur and honestly you will rely on the pics to remind you of everything and give you insight on certain aspects that you weren't personally a part of (your fiance getting ready, bridal party walking down the isle, ect ect) The best thing we ever did was hire Kourtney! My (now) husband and I were absolutely blown away by our wedding photos! Her quality and style are top notch and her work is breathtaking. On top of that, she is AMAZING to work with. From the first time you talk she literally makes you feel like you've known each other forever. She is warm and friendly and instantly puts you at ease. She always responded quickly to my phone calls and texts. On the day of the wedding, she she made everything flow seamlessly and was especially skilled at wrangling everyone and getting great shots. Other times you wouldn't even know she was there. Because she visited both of our venues prior to the wedding, she already knew exactly where we needed to be to get the best photos. I could literally go on and on but the bottom line is that Kourtney was the single best investment we made in the entire wedding. I cannot recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Micah, 7/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations