Kristy May Photography Reviews

Kristy May Photography 5
Kristy May Photography 6
Kristy May Photography 7

Sarah Nash · Married on 12/14/2018

Fantastic elopement experience, beautiful pictures to boot!

Kristy was fantastic, I would absolutely recommend her! She was incredibly flexible, kind, and most importantly took amazing pictures. We both cried when we got them back. We did an elopement at NY City Hall, Kristy was so helpful in guiding us through the process of getting married there since she's done it so many times. And she picked out some great spots to take pictures after the fact. Everyone in our party commented on how great it was to have her there. She is super responsive and got our pictures back to us in record time. An overall pleasure to work with. Thank you Kristy!!!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Tatiana · Married on 08/12/2017

Kristy May was very professional and a pleasant person to work with!

Sent on 11/18/2017

She's good person,good energy!
    It was a pleasure, and his work is beautiful. thank you!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Jacqueline · Married on 08/27/2016

I loved working with Kristy and found her easy to work with.

Sent on 11/28/2016

2.2
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0
      3.0

Kristy came highly recommended to us. Unfortunately, something must have gone wrong the day of the wedding. She failed to capture half of our guests (keep in mind there were only 50 people in total), most photos are off-centered, key moments of the ceremony were not captured, family members we specifically asked to get photos of (siblings, parents) were left forgotten, and she gave us no basic stylistic feedback whatsoever during our bridal photoshoot ( my tie was completely off centered, she could have said something. The wind caused my jacket to flip inside out in 4 pictures and she again didn't bother retaking the photos.) It seemed as though Kristy didn't really look at her camera at all. I hope this was just a bad day.

Constructive feedback for Kristy:
    - on the wedding day, come early and find out who the parents and siblings are.
    - as you take pictures, feel free to engage your clients and give them feedback. Do not be afraid to suggest that they fix their hair, suit, dress etc.

We are disappointed in the pictures and the service. We hope that you find this feedback as constructive as we intended it to be.

Sent on 05/15/2016

Kristy May Photography's reply:

I’m sorry you aren’t pleased with your photos. I believe all 570 (from 5 hours coverage) accurately reflect and document your day to the best of my ability and in my style. 1.I only had a little over 2 hours for the reception before people started to leave. During which time 40 mins was of speeches, roughly 40 mins with guests seated eating or at the buffet. So no, there really wasn’t enough time to document all of your 57 guests candidly and tackfully in the remaining 30 mins. Also, we lost about 30 mins of cocktail hour due to the ceremony running late, the ambulance blocking the street and travel to the portrait location you suggested day of.
    2. I was at the church early and met all family who were there. There are photos of this.3. The only moment I missed during the ceremony regrettably was the kiss. I was in the center aisle where 99% of the time I have a great view of this moment. However your priest didn’t have you come to the center of the altar and you were at a diagonal angle from me and I didn’t have a great shot, but I did shoot it. I mentioned this on the day, you didn’t seem concerned. Bad luck, not a reflection on my abilities.4. I was told not to suggest a grooms family photo because of your parents being divorced on my questionnaire. We took the bride’s family. I asked if there were any more, no one suggested it so I left it alone. It was perfectly reasonable that since you are having another much larger 3 day wedding, that you might be saving that for that occasion. 5. The tie and jacket can easily be fixed, you just need to ask. I am more focused on taking photos and don’t always notice things like a slightly crooked tie. 6. During our portrait session, you didn’t ask for me to pose you, I thought you looked great and didn’t need it. My style is natural. The photos reflect what you asked for, to remember your street and the park near your apt. 7. I am proud of the photos and the service I delivered for your wedding, I am sorry you disagree.