Kristy May Photography Reviews

Kristy May Photography 5
Kristy May Photography 6
Kristy May Photography 7

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

Kristy did an amazing job capturing our perfect day! Before the wedding she sent us a form to fill out so she would be prepared for anything and everything, it also had a list of important people and important group photos we didn't want to miss which was great. We got out formal photos knocked out in no time. But the best part of Kristy's work is that she truly captures the emotions and fun in the action shots. She tells the story of your wedding in her photos! :) Now I just need to order more prints and a get a book made!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Vicki · Married on 04/27/2016

My wife and I planned to visit New York and get married at City Hall (we live in Los Angeles). We needed a photographer to capture our day and we came across Kristy May Photography. One look at her website and I knew that we had found the perfect photographer for us. She was absolutely wonderful from start to finish! She made suggestions regarding locations and knew all the best places to take photos. We booked her for 6 hours and that was the perfect amount of time for us. Kirsty is truly a professional and has a great eye. We were so comfortable with her and it was more like hanging out with a friend for the day. We recently received our photos and we were absolutely blown away! They pictures far exceeded our expectations and we could not be happier! Thank you Kristy for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Kirili · Married on 03/23/2016

Kristy was fantastic. She was extremely flexible, as we changed the timing of our elopement and really helpful with suggesting places to take shots. The photos turned out absolutely amazing and we are so grateful for all her time and effort.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Kristy was superb to work with. Very organized and professional, with an easy-going personality. Many of her pictures have a lovely artful edge to them--something that made her work stand out from the slew of wedding photographers out there, and the thing that attracted us to her in the first place. At our wedding she got all of the shots we wanted, and more--she was always in the right place at the right time, but was never at all intrusive. We love our wedding photos. You can't do any better than Kristy, and if we were doing it all over we'd choose her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/08/2016
  • I

Ilyse · Married on 10/30/2015

Kristy was great to work with, super responsive and she knew all the best spots to get pictures. She got some shots that make me think she's a wizard, we didn't even notice her moving around. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a photographer in the NYC area.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Kristy photographed our wedding and rehearsal dinner last fall on Cape Cod. She has a very positive energy, relaxed style and was never intrusive. Her work is beautiful and she is very flexible/easy to work with. We highly recommend Kristy to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Natalie · Married on 05/20/2015

We travelled from Australia to elope in NYC and could not have done it without Kristy. From countless emails, a couple of Skype chats, changing ceremony spots at the last minute and basically guiding us as our wedding planner (we were first timers in NYC and I am notoriously indecisive), Kristy could not have done more for us. The photos - we were speechless!! We are a couple who aren't photogenic and find it difficult to be in front of the camera but gosh, when you look at the photos you wouldn't even have a clue. The images are so natural and captured every emotion, exactly what we had hoped for. It's been a few months and although we have arrived home with a vague memory of our surreal wedding in NYC, each time we look at our wedding photos we go right back to the lush Central Park and live it all over again. Please don't hesitate to choose Kristy as your photographer, she was just fabulous!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Maria · Married on 11/25/2014

Kristy is very professional, fun, flexible and easy to work with. We booked her for a 4-hour assignment and she was perfect for the job: recommended the places for the best pictures, worked with the light and captured the spirit of the day. The pictures turned out beautiful and touching. We want to put one on canvas and hand on the wall.

I highly recommend Kristy to anybody. Thank you for the best memories of our special day!!

Sent on 12/30/2014

We hired Kristy for our elopement to New York. We'd never been before and she was fantastic at providing ideas for places to shoot. She was really interested in what we wanted and had such great ideas for shots. We ended up with so many fantastic photos, which, for a couple who dislike being infront of the camera and barely have any photos together, really shows how great Kristy is! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/07/2015
  • O

Orla · Married on 10/24/2014

Kristy was our photographer at our NYC elopement. She was very responsive to emails and helpful with suggestions of how to plan out our day. Please check out her site and you will see her work it speaks for itself.

Sent on 12/09/2014

We had Kristy for our small intimate wedding at the Ladies Pavilion in Central Park and could not be happier with the pictures. She was very professional and from the first email exchange a pleasure to work with. She caught all the beautiful moments during the ceremony without us even noticing. Afterwards we went on a photo tour through Central Park and down to Grand Central Station. She was very accommodating with our wishes of locations and took amazing pictures.

Sent on 12/25/2014

Tambra · Married on 06/28/2014

The wedding photographs that Kristy took for my daughter's wedding will be treasured for years to come! She has the photographer's eye to completely capture the events of the day in such a wonderful way that you feel you are reliving the day. Every time I look at the photographs I am so thankful that we used such a talented photographer such as Kristy. Her professionalism and attention to detail is unmatched. She is very patient, easy to work with and wants you to be happy with the end product. Do not hesitate to hire Kristy as your photographer, she is wonderful!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Kristy was incredible to work with, and we were blown away with our finished product. She allowed us to work with our ideas, and suggested some great new spots. I would highly recommend her to anyone getting married or eloping in NYC!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Finding the right photographer for our wedding seemed like it was going to be an impossible task - until we found Kristy. Not only are her photos gorgeous (and wow, they are!) but she was willing to work with us every step of the way on what our vision was for the wedding and what we were comfortable with. Also, she had great ideas for where to do our pre-service photos around the French Quarter in New Orleans (even though I was skeptical at first, I'm so happy we did them!) But really, I think the best part about working with Kristy is her positive energy and professionalism. I'm kind of a shy person and I was anxious about having a stranger with me on my wedding day, and Kristy put me (and my mom!) completely at ease. Oh, and the cherry on the cake? She surprised us with a gorgeous video slideshow, with soundtrack, of our wedding to go along with the final photos--and the USB arrived thoughtfully, beautifully packaged not long later. I highly recommend working with Kristy if your wedding is in New York or New Orleans.

Sent on 06/08/2013

Sara · Married on 08/11/2012

My now husband and I hired Kristy for our rehearsal dinner and for the wedding and could not be happier with how everything turned out! She is absolutely wonderful to work with, and did a great job at making everyone comfortable with getting their pictures taken. On top of that, her photography is outstanding. She worked tirelessly at making sure she captured every special moment of our dinner, ceremony, and wedding and we are in love with every photo! We highly recommend Kristy for your special day!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Cale · Married on 10/29/2011

Kristy not only did our wedding but shot our engagement photos as well. We could not have asked for a more professional, wonderful and patient experience (our early '60s-themed engagement photos turned a two hour session into 3+, but by the end we were all laughing and coming up with even better ideas). She and her staff struck the perfect balance of collaborating with us and orchestrating our ideas but also of standing back and capturing those candid shots that many times rise above any of the most planned photographic images. Oh, and she did all of this while 7 months pregnant. Truly phenomenal.

Sent on 11/30/2011

gale · Married on 10/23/2011

Kristy was helpful in deciding the details and guiding my daughter to make decisions about timelines. she captured the important moments and even the details.

Sent on 11/13/2011
  • I

randal · Married on 10/23/2011

kristy shot our wedding at audubon tea room in audubon zoo, new orleans.
    she did a great job without intruding in the process. she was able to slide in and out of the moments getting the shot without interrupting the participants.
    we received our pictures in 3 weeks from kristy.
    my last wedding photographer(unnamed) took 3 years!
    i would absolutely recommend krisy to anyone who is planning a milestone event!

Sent on 11/16/2011

Perrie · Married on 10/15/2011

Can't say enough great things about Kristy's outstanding work! The thing we loved most about her aesthetic is the fact that her photos are MODERN. We were super-fixated on not having dated, cliche wedding pictures. We wanted images as chic as our venue, the Bowery Hotel, without them being overly-trendy. Kristy totally delivered. The photos are absolutely stunning and truly captured the vibe of the evening. Kristy and her team were a pleasure to work with, and managed to take fantastic photos without being invasive or overly-conspicuous. HIGHLY recommend Kristy May Photography for NYC weddings!

Sent on 11/10/2011

Abby & Karla · Married on 10/08/2011

I can't say enough about how much I am in love with the pictures that Kristy May took! My partner and I fell in love with her work from the beginning and were so excited to find that she was available to shoot our wedding! She is truly a gifted photographer and she is able to capture those special moments that you didn't think anyone else got. She's super sweet and easy to work with and I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/22/2011

Annalise · Married on 03/12/2011

Kristy shot our engagement photographs in Brooklyn NY as well as our wedding photos in New Orleans, LA. We could not have asked for a better photographer. Kristy takes incredible tasteful photos which you will treasure for years. Her album options are by far the most timeless albums I've ever seen. The wedding website she designed for us served as an amazing tool for sharing information about the (destination) wedding prior to the invitations being sent as well as the option for online RSVP. The value of her service is incredible. I would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for a photographer for any event.

Sent on 01/06/2012

Katie · Married on 05/22/2010

Captured our wedding’s special moments

Kristy did an amazing job with our New Orleans wedding and engagement photos and she is wonderful to work with. She did a couple special things for us that I really appreciated, exceeding my expectations. She is truly an artist. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Amelia · Married on 10/06/2017

Our experience was amazing! Everyone keeps asking who our photographer was, we are so excited to pass along her name!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Amy · Married on 07/29/2017

Kristy took amazing photos very unobtrusively. The whole experience was seamless and I really appreciated both the formal and candid shots she took. We had a very hard time narrowing down photos to our top 25 or so favorites from a small wedding with only 25 guests !

Sent on 11/06/2017

JAMES · Married on 04/01/2012

Kirsty was the consummate professional she documented our wedding day better than I could ever have imagined. We wanted to get married at midnight, I was worried I would have a difficult time finding an photographer who was will to shot during the day and then return for a midnight ceremony. From our first contract through mapping the details of the day. I wanted some creative photos and my partner is a standard kind a guy. Kirsty made sure we both got the memories we wanted.

I highly recommend having Kristy.

Sent on 07/16/2012