Kristin Mills Events Reviews

22 | Portland, ME

22 Reviews for Kristin Mills Events

Luisa · Married on 10/08/2016

Kristin was wonderful to work with--very organized yet laid-back. She was the day-of coordinator for our wedding weekend. She was super responsive, getting back to me within 24 hours of each email I sent. I can tend to go overboard with details and things, but she took it all in stride and brought everything together for our wedding on 10/8/16! I would 100% recommend her! -Luisa

Aimee · Married on 03/18/2016

Kristin was great! I went back and forth on if we _ really needed_ a day-of-coordinator - and in the end, I'm soooo glad we did. It just made everyone breathe easier, and meant that family and friends could enjoy themselves, and didn't need to also being managing logistics too. Kristin was there for us to do a pre-event venue walkthrough, did all our vendor check-ins, was at our rehearsal, and spent 12+ hours with us on the wedding day - it was an amazing value for money, and Kristin was also 100% available on email pre-wedding as well. Absolutely recommend!!

OMG!!!! That's all I really can say. I seriously can't thank Kristin enough for all her hard work on our wedding weekend. It seems like we had been corresponding for a while now and boom the wedding was there. She let me relax probably for the first time in months and I can't thank her enough for that. She helped me with stuff i thought i could do myself and wouldnt have been possible without her. I couldn't have asked for a better dream come true kind of a day!!!!

Audra · Married on 10/03/2015

Kristin was everything I had imagined and then some, she is amazing! She paid attention to all details and made sure everything was perfect on our wedding day, taking a lot of stress off of us! She was one of the best additions to our wedding, I'm so happy we had her there !!

Shelly · Married on 09/12/2015

Kristin was excellent, very nice and personable and easy going for our wedding plans. She is very easy to work with and her calm nature is an asset in planning along with her attention to details. I would highly recommend her for your event.

Catherine · Married on 08/23/2014

Kristin met all my expectations and beyond. My husband and I did all our wedding planning, but I had Kristin do the final follow-ups and day-of coordination. I was nervous about logistics, because so many little details had to come together on the final day, while I (the bride) would be otherwise occupied.
    Kristin was extremely responsive, passionate and helpful. She provided me with a packet which truly guided me through the whole wedding planning process. She thought of everything!
    She was able to wrangle our bridal party of 14 and deal with all the personalities and "suggestions" from family members that are a part of every wedding with grace and professionalism.
    I only found out days later that she had actually been under the weather at our wedding, but she didn't let it show one bit!
    I highly recommend Kristin for your next event. She's worth every penny for the organization and peace of mind. My husband said "I thought you were crazy when you hired a coordinator, but she really impressed me!" There you have it!

Gina · Married on 07/26/2014

Kristin did an amazing job with our wedding! She was very helpful in the months prior; she met with me more than once and provided unlimited email contact leading up to the wedding. Her paperwork helped prepare me for the big day and allowed me to think of things I wouldn't have on my own. When the day came, she was extremely organized. The best part was- I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day! I knew she had it covered and I could completely relax and have fun. Everything turned out wonderful, I hardly saw Kristin during the reception b/c she was doing such a great job making sure everything ran smoothly. Her prices were very reasonable and she did such an amazing job and took so much stress off of me. I would highly recommend her!

stephanie · Married on 06/14/2014

Kristin Mills was our day-of coordinator for our wedding at Hardy Farm in Fryeburg, Maine, and she was a rockstar! Even though all elements of the wedding took place at the same venue, there was a lot of shuttling guests from place to place, setting up spaces, and DIY decorating. Kristin coordinated all of it perfectly, allowing us to forget about all the details and just enjoy our special day. We waivered back and forth on whether to hire a day of coordinator and I am so happy we did and so happy that we chose Kristin. She was everywhere before and during the wedding. She is amazing! Hire her!!!!

Susan · Married on 06/07/2014

Kristin was fantastic to work with for our wedding. We used her as our day-of coordinator and she was wonderful! It was extremely easy to trust her - She was so positive and calm at the rehearsal and at the wedding, making everything feel so easy and comfortable. All we had to do was relax and have the time of our lives! She truly went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect!

• *Mrs.Snyder

*Mrs.Snyder · Married on 11/09/2013

I found Kristin 6weeks before my wedding because my old one canceled. She was an amazing person to work it I am a very picky person and she acceded my expectation Kristin was truly God sent. I would recommend her to anyone

Amanda · Married on 10/05/2013

Kristen helped me find an affordable and amazing hairdresser for my fall wedding. She helped to connect me to Amanda's Trademark Salon and Spa and they were fabulous. If you are a bride to be looking for advice on any vendors in Maine- talk to Kristen on how to make your special day a little more special!

Amanda · Married on 09/14/2013

I knew I wanted to hire a day-of coordinator for my destination wedding in Maine, and I found Kristin online through her great reviews from previous clients. And now I can say - she was the best! Very reasonable rates, and worth every dime. My fiance and I planned a very DIY and somewhat nontraditional wedding, and had already planned it out pretty thoroughly, but Kristin dove right in without hesitation, helping in every way we requested, from decor set-up the morning of our wedding; to wrangling guests and keeping our event on schedule between the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner; to running interference with a range of vendors. She respected and responded to our personal style and event needs, had lots of helpful suggestions leading up to the wedding without ever being imposing. As a person she's kind and pleasant and supportive and chill, so I really enjoyed being around her, which... is pretty essential! The week of our wedding, and especially the day of our wedding, I trusted Kristin completely with our list of tasks and vendors, and with all kinds of last-minute needs that popped up. For me, as the bride and as a very detail-oriented person, she was like the best kind of girlfriend and the best kind of event planner, all rolled into one.

Lindsey · Married on 09/07/2013

We had the pleasure of working with Kristin to assist with coordinating our wedding in Kennebunkport, Maine while living in Washington, DC. Due to distance, the majority of our correspondence was over email, but that did not negatively impact any of our planning. Kristin was attentive to all our requests and needs leading up to the wedding and also provided helpful templates and schedules to assist not only myself, but all our vendors as well.
    Kristin assisted with everything throughout our wedding weekend, she was attentive to every detail we requested she keep an eye on, and also ensured our wedding weekend ran on schedule! Kristin assisted with set up for the reception and Sunday brunch and fielded questions from guests and vendors alike. She was a calming presence throughout our weekend and we would absolutely recommend her services to another bride and groom looking for assistance in planning and coordinating their wedding!

Emily · Married on 07/20/2013

We hired Kristin as our "day of" wedding planner and we highly recommend her! Kristin was exactly what we needed--she was extremely detail-oriented, punctual, and totally on top of everything. Her pre-wedding prep materials were so helpful, not only for coordinating everything with her, but for filling in some of those tiny details you would otherwise completely forget.
    At the rehearsal walk-thru, Kristin made sure to take control of the situation, and was totally committed to making everything run smoothly. She was there for the entire rehearsal, encouraged us to rehearse in various locations in the event of rain, and spent awhile at the venue going through all of the details for the following day (despite scorching heat & humidity, we should add!). Kristin was really good at asking questions and helping us to realize our vision, which up to that point had been primarily in our heads—she helped us figure out what we wanted to do and took care of all the details on the day-of.
    On the wedding day, Kristin knew exactly what to do to navigate the personalities and needs of the vendors, as well as those "special" personalities in our wedding party :) She was great to work with, very easy to talk to, really made us feel at ease, but also it was clear that she was well organized and knew what needed to be done when. This was really important, since we weren't around for most of the wedding day, so we really needed someone we could trust to get everything done the way we hoped it would be! Our families were also very grateful that there was someone outside of the wedding coordinating the event so that they could relax and enjoy themselves. We found out later of a few crises that Kristin solved on the wedding day. She never bothered us with the details or hassled us with the problems...she just went ahead and fixed them (including tracking down a vendor who didn't show up!). Rest assured, if you put your trust in Kristin, she won't let you down.

Natasha · Married on 09/09/2012

Kristin was amazing she made herself available and did the necessary research for our specific type of wedding (1930's). We were planning our wedding from NYC and it was comforting to know she was in Maine. Kristin took it upon herself to get every detail she could from us (vision, vendors, family etc) She took direction and listened thoroughly. She was very efficient and helped out wherever she could. Kristin was pleasant with all family and guests and assisted the caterers and any other staff when needed. Her soothing and relaxed voice always calmed my crazy wedding nerves, I knew I was in good hands. I truly appreciated how she stayed longer than expected to help us clean and get situated. She did not need to but did because her service was impeccable. I would recommend her as a wedding coordinator anytime. Kristin is AWESOME!

MaryLee · Married on 08/18/2012

I highly recommend Kristin! Kristin was extremely helpful and responsive in planning and coordinating our wedding in Maine. Her attention to detail and advice was very much appreciated. I was planning my wedding in Maine from out of state and Kristin helped provide recommendations on vendors. It is often the little things that add up to be such a big help in planning a huge event. It was so wonderful to have someone in the state who could recommend good things! Another key thing was her responsiveness to my often flurry of questions. I initially thought I didn't need an event planner - that I could have family or friends help out. After talking to several recently married friends I realized that the day of the wedding is often so hectic and overwhelming that the extra help of a calm professional is really worth it. I definitely agree and thank Kristin for helping to make my wedding day such a memorable success.

Sarah · Married on 07/01/2012

I’m so happy to have worked with Kristin in planning my wedding. I found her about 4 months before my wedding, when I realized that I wasn’t going to keep my sanity if I tried to do it all on my own. I was planning it from a distance (living in Washington, DC and having the wedding in Maine) and had a fair amount of travel for work interrupting things.

Kristin was tremendous support to me from the moment she came on board. She gently kept me on track when I was a little too scattered with my life and travels to get her the information she needed. She contacted all the vendors, and made sure that everyone was there on time so that the day went off, as nearly without a hitch as possible.

She was perfectly willing and eager to help out with additional things, such as picking up my wedding cake/cupcake order. She was particularly cute and thoughtful in driving _really slowly_ with the cakes in order to avoid messing up any of the frosting!

She also really helped things go smoothly at the wedding, insisting on a couple of run throughs at the rehearsal which were needed (it was a complicated, Jewish-Filipino ceremony, and we were all getting confused). She remained poised and calm for the whole day, taking care of little issues as they emerged with minimal fuss. It was just a pleasure to have Kristin working with us. Everyone in our families thought so.

All in all, I’d wholeheartedly recommend Kristin to other people looking for help with their weddings or other major events.

Erik · event on: 06/16/2012

We love you Kristin! You are the absolutely the best and I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you did for Erik's birthday bash. We will be calling you again the near future.

Martha and Erik.

Christel · Married on 08/22/2015

Kristin was a calm and compassionate coordinator who met all of our needs we asked for. We had a DIY wedding with lots of decorations and she made our vision come to life. We are still receiving compliments with how beautiful our wedding was and how nicely put together the reception was. Kristin told us that leading up to the wedding we could text or call her with anything. I ended up emailing mostly the weeks prior, but definitely took advantage of texting her the day before and day of. She was very responsive and on top of the details and timeline. She was also great a talking through things when I was feeling overwhelmed. I would highly recommend Kristin to help you in your wedding planning!

kristen · Married on 09/06/2014

Kristin was truly delightful! Kristin was our Day of Coordinator and I honestly do not know what I would have done without her. She ensured that not only our bridal party was cared for but went above and beyond for all of our guests. Even with unexpected weather conditions, Kristin did not hesitate to take charge to make sure the day went according to plan. She was so lovely and she made our wedding experience just perfect!

Emily · Married on 08/23/2013

Kristin was hired for her day of wedding services. She was friendly and easy to work with and got on well with all of our vendors. She jumped in last minute and helped with decorations at our ceremony site after it had rained the night before. She was helpful in making sure the day went smoothly, managing all the details and allowing us to relax and enjoy the day.

Kristin was my day-of coordinator for my wedding in August. From the start of researching day-of coordinators she was very responsive and kind. On the day of the wedding she was extremely professional and helped to keep the big moments of day go as scheduled (from when we were supposed to walk down the aisle to our first dances, dinner, and cake cutting) and also helped my husband and I keep calm throughout the day - she brought us cocktails as soon as we were done our ceremony and checked in with us throughout the day to make sure things were going as planned. She also attended the rehearsal the night before which was so nice because she was able to help give direction to our wedding party, which otherwise could have been directionless. My husband and I booked our own vendors, created our floorplan, and planned our vision of the wedding, but Kristin was a great help in making sure the day stayed on schedule, assisted in setting up and breaking down our event space, and moved chairs from our ceremony space to our reception space. I would certainly recommend Kristin to other brides!