Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist Reviews

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist 5
Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist 6
Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist 7

Allison · Married on 09/03/2017

Kristin was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was very responsive to all my questions and was really supportive in the lead up to the big day, and especially on my wedding day. She is the sweetest and really helped to keep me calm when I started getting nervous. She set up a small team to accomodate my bridal party's needs and fit our timeline, which was a lifesaver! Kristin is super hygienic, so talented and a true professional. My makeup was FLAWLESS, and my hair looked gorgeous!! I got so many compliments and now that we are getting pictures back, I am even more excited because they came out great! My makeup lasted through the night and I didn't even have to re-apply lipstick! I am so so so happy I got to work with Kristin! I would recommend her to EVERYONE!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Hey Allison! Thank you so much! You all were seriously so amazing, and you know it was just kizmet from the start. You better send me photos soon - you know I’m in love with the ones I’ve taken, you were stunning!! And we found your signature lip color in this whole process...I say overall...it’s a solid win for all! Xoxo

Amanda · Married on 08/26/2017

Kristin was absolutely amazing. I would recommend her to anyone. Kristin did my hair and my bridesmaids hair. By the end of the day it was as if she was a part of the family. She offered to drive my bridesmaids to the venue so they didn't have to take a taxi and even did arts and crafts with me when my flower crown wasn't what I expected it to be. She helped me steam my veil and provided me with some much needed sanity when I was freaking out a little before the ceremony. Kristin even offered my MUA false eyelashes when I complained that the ones she had given me for a trial were very heavy. These lashes were fantastic and very light. It didn't feel like I was wearing any at all. As a potential buyer inquiring about Kristin's services you might be thinking hmmm Kristin is kind of pricy, but in my opinion, she was worth every penny because she goes above and beyond what is expected of her. Thank you Kristin. You were a dream hairstylist!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Madelyn · Married on 06/23/2017

Working with Kristin was an amazing experience. Wedding makeup can be stressful and I felt as if I could be so open with her, contact her when needed, and she was so supportive of whatever I wanted. She made sure we were all ready on time, was so fun to be around when getting ready, and did a FANTASTIC job. I received so many compliments on hair and make up done by her and her lovely assistant for the day.

Sent on 07/10/2017
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2017

Kristin is awesome! She truly knows what she is doing and is in the right profession. She is VERY organized and easy to communicate with, which made the whole process easier for myself. She did a wonderful job enhancing everyone's natural beauty and making everyone look and feel gorgeous on the big day!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/27/2017

Kristin was amazing!! I highly recommend her to everyone that needs a talented and bubbly gal on their big day! She kept me calm and laughing the entire morning of my wedding and I was absolutely in love with my hair and makeup!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Brittany,

From the day I met your mom...I knew it was kismet. Only the best women interrupt someone's nail appointment for their daughter, so I knew you ladies were going to be a fabulous bunch. I wasn't wrong. You are such gorgeous soul! Thank you so so much for the pleasure of including me in your day & making me feel like family! Xoxo

Alexandria · Married on 05/20/2017

When working through the wedding planning process, finding a makeup artist was something I struggled with. I don’t do my own makeup very well, and had absolutely NO idea what to look for. I had little to no idea what I wanted my makeup to look like on my wedding day (other than a red lip), and wasn’t sure where to begin my search for the perfect makeup artist. After lots of Instagram searching, I came across Kristin. Her work seemed incredible, and so I reached out. From our first conversation to set up a trial to the very end of my wedding prep, Kristin was amazing. We instantly hit it off, and I can truly say she is one of the people who made my special day extra memorable. On wedding day, Kristin arrived bright and early to set up, and kept all of us girls laughing the entire day. Something to note: she is incredibly meticulous. From setup to cleanup, there is not a single detail that isn’t well planned. She is incredible! She made sure everyone looked absolutely stunning, and truly wanted each girl to be comfortable and happy with the finished product. I was not 100% sure what I wanted, and she put together a more perfect look than I could have hoped for. From the time she arrived to the time she calmed me down when I was starting to feel the nerves set in, she truly felt like one of the girls on my wedding day! Kristin – I cannot thank you enough for everything! You are fabulous!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Jasmine · Married on 05/12/2017

From the first encounter to the trial to my wedding day, I'm so glad I got to work with Kristin. She is as funny and sweet as she is talented and professional. Creative and a fantastic listener - she made my wedding vision come to life! Can't recommend her enough!!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Jasmine,

You summed it up quite completely really. Thank you so much for everything! You were amazing, from the being so bold, to being such a babe, to just knowing exactly who you are! I couldn't have enjoyed working with someone, on a project more. I mean, we had the pleasure for over a year and it was a fantastic result all the way through. I will always keep a special place in my heart for the little spitfire with darkest lip! ;) Thank you so much for the absolute honor of including me in your day!

LAUREN · Married on 04/23/2017

I LOVED working with Kristin! She was so incredibly friendly and responsive from the get go, as we scheduled a last minute make-up session for a shoot I was doing in her area. I thought her website was intriguing and I followed her talents on instagram. I was very impressed with the outcome and will be seeing her again in April. I would DEFINITELY without hesitation use her if I was getting married and needed a professional MAU that does quality work and listens to what you want to create.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Lauren - thank you so much!! You are so sweet and I can't wait for our next one!!! Just to hang out and chill with you is more than enough to look forward to.
  • MJ

MJ · Married on 04/22/2017

I loved how Kristin did my make-up! From the get go she was extremely professional and knowledgeable. She knew the look I was going for. I wanted to look beautiful and for you to tell I had makeup on but not too overdone or exaggerated. I had an early morning ceremony (Cambodian) and then an evening ceremony (American) and she was very accommodating with having to come over twice. She showed up right on time and ready to go. My makeup didn't feel heavy at all or made my skin feel tight. It stayed on all night. She uses really good products. I loved it :) Thank you Kristin!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Girl!!! You are the sweetest thing! Thank you so so much! I absolutely had such a wonderful time...times? LoL it was such a pleasure getting to meet your family and getting to glam your gorgeousness up! You were a literal DREAM! It was a blast girl!
  • Cathy

Cathy · Married on 04/08/2017

I was impressed by Kristin's professionalism and she really does make you feel at ease during the trial and on the wedding day. I was vocal about what I liked and didn't like and Kristin was receptive in listening to my feedback. Everyone complimented me on my makeup and reassured me that I still looked like myself but a more glamorous version. Her prices were reasonable considering I was the only one getting my makeup done. You will not regret hiring Kristin for your special day!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you so much, Cathy! You were so much fun to work with and I absolutely loved that bohemian vision we were able to bring together and tie all up with a beautiful sparkling eye and pink lip ;). I am so happy we crossed paths! Congratulations! Xoxo

Kelly · Married on 04/08/2017

I don't even know where to start with Kristin! First, she was so responsive when emailing back and forth and made me feel super comfortable from the beginning. Second, she was an absolute ball of joy even though she had to get to our location at 6 am :-). All of the girls kept raving about her and we all felt so beautiful the day of my wedding. We didn't even have time for trial makeup since I live in TN and she nailed it! Also, it was 90+ degrees on my wedding day and somehow my makeup didn't melt off of my face.... and it was definitely cry proof too! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fun, professional, and knowledgeable make up artist! xoxo

Sent on 05/04/2017

Kelly!!
    I would come out and make your wedding party glam any day of the week, any hour of the day...wherever you needed me! You girls were amazing! What'd I tell you? Sweatproof, cryproof, & kissproof...all you have to do is DAB! Haha but please, I beg you...don't. Xoxo thank you so much, girl!
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 03/30/2017

I cannot express how grateful I am that Kristin was my makeup artist and hair stylist. It was extremely difficult to find someone who was willing to help with my small elopement wedding and she had no problem that I was her only girl to style. As a person who doesn't wear makeup normally, Kristin made me look my absolute best self! She helped me go a bit bolder with the lip stick and eyebrows which totally made the perfect look for my bridal portraits! My hair was perfection! Kristin took the images I sent her for my hair style and made it into something that was so classic and me. Everyone kept saying I was made for a wedding magazine with my hair and makeup! I felt like the most confident and beautiful version of myself! Kristin was so easy and fun to work with. She was a huge help to me on the wedding day - getting me to relax and just breathe. I would recommend her for any wedding big or small because she is such a calming professional presence! I cannot wait till the next time I have a special event and I can call on her to give me a great look! Kristin- thank you for everything! You were so AMAZING!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Erica! You are the sweetest! First off, stop it! Also, I got the brush, and the thank you card. You two are too much! I can't. Thank you so much for an utterly fabulous experience! I mean really, I was working, but I really just felt like one of the family. You all were just the most amazing, warm and inviting peeps & I had such a wonderful time! I wish you two all the warm and fuzzies! Xoxo

Adrianna · Married on 03/26/2017

I have never felt so pretty in all my life, Kristin was amazing and hilarious super easy going even though there was a overwhelming amount of confusion with the prep/timing. It was a beyond a hectic day and she put everyone at ease. I will use her again in the future, as well as my bridesmaids.

Sent on 04/08/2017

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Aaahhh girl, I am so happy I was able to keep you at ease! I think I was the only one who wasn't having to go up and down the 8,000 steps, so I was a happy camper. LoL thank you so much for being a little ray of sunshine, I thoroughly loved meeting you!! Xoxo

Jessica · Married on 11/27/2016

Kristin was fantastic and we are so incredibly grateful that she was available for our rescheduled wedding! Our original wedding was canceled by Hurricane Matthew 5 weeks prior, so we were definitely in need of someone who could do a hair and makeup trial and help figure out the timeline of the big day quickly! She made time to do a hair and makeup trial with me on a Wednesday night at my friend's apartment and was there for hours making sure my hair and makeup would look exactly as I pictures. Then, she and her assistant were at our venue at 8 am on time and in good spirits ready to make 7 women look fabulous and have everyone done by 12.30pm for photos. Despite the early start and so many women, Kristin and her assistant made every single woman look and feel absolutely AMAZING--whether it was their hair or makeup they got done. Even better, Kristin made my mom (who typically doesn't wear makeup) feel just as wonderful as I felt by keeping her makeup very light and natural-looking. I felt beautiful and got so many compliments on the wedding day about the makeup and hair--it was just what any bride would want! I also liked that her services were all-inclusive, and there were no surprise extras (like extra $$ for fake lashes, or a hair and makeup trial). On top of all that, I and my husband really liked the lipstick she used and Kristin went out of her way to find the color for me online (sold out in some stores), so I could have my "signature lip" whenever I want! :) She's a fun, personable makeup artist and I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or wanting to look good for a big event!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Girl, I hope you are rocking that signature color everywhere! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this up, and you know I would have gotten up even earlier for you girls!! Xoxo!

Gabby · Married on 10/29/2016

Kristin was a joy to work with!! She was super flexible and even open to changing my hair style day of the wedding.. and did an exceptional job too! Very receptive to my style and my vision for my wedding day and completely nailed it! My bridesmaids were also super happy with their looks.
    Kristin is fun and bubbly which is great to take your mind off of the stress of the day.
    I got tons of compliments on my wedding makeup and hair from my guests... I couldn't have been happier. I felt gorgeous!
    I will definitely be recommending Kristin to my friends and family!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Awww!!! Gabby you are the best...(clearly I'm slow learning I can respond on here) thank you so much and I'm so thankful for you and your girls! You all were a dream and I'd do it all over again.

Pamela · Married on 10/29/2016

Kristin is AMAZING!! I cannot believe how well she was able to capture what we wanted for the bridesmaids and the bride. The makeup and hair was spot on. Her professionalism and support all through the process was beyond our expectation. She is truly an amazing artist and I cannot thank her enough! I would certainly recommend her to everyone - she is the best!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Kristin was incredible. I work with a lot of makeup artists in my line of work, and she was the first one I thought of to hire for my most important day- my wedding! Thankfully she made herself available for me! A consummate professional, she got to my house before 5am, and worked for hours on me and my bridal party until we were perfectly polished, coifed, and made up, and ready in time for our morning ceremony. All with a cheerful disposition and a calming demeanor. A highly skilled artist, incredibly professional, hygenic, and creative. Gets the job done, and makes you look and feel pretty! 5 stars, two thumbs up, and nothing but perfect remarks for this makeup artist.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Girl - thank you so much! You know I'd do anything for you...including an early morning wake up call! Thank you for opening up your home and including me in your wedding day! I couldn't have asked for a sweeter morning prep. Xoxo
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 10/15/2016

There is not one thing I regret about hiring Kristin to make me beautiful on my wedding day. From our first meeting, I knew we had chosen the right person for the job. She was always very responsive to my emails (and there were MANY). On the day of the wedding, she went way above and beyond. She not only made me gorgeous (hair and makeup was absolutely flawless), but kept me calm and laughing and that meant SO much to me. There is no way I can ever thank her enough for all she did.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Briana · Married on 10/08/2016

Kristin is absolutely AMAZING. She arrived at 4:30am to make sure she would have enough time to do everyone and did it with a smile on her face. She was truly a joy to work with. Not only is she extremely talented but she is also so professional and she put me at ease the entire morning. She made myself, my mother, and my bridesmaids all look gorgeous...and it lasted for longer than 12 hours without even a retouch! Brides, you need Kristin on your wedding day!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you so much, love!! I had such a blast with you girls...you all were so much fun! Xoxo

Kristen · Married on 09/10/2016

Kristin hands down, made my wedding morning everything I dreamed of it being. She immediately puts you at ease the second she walks in the door- (even if it is 6am). It's very rare to find an artist that can give you everything you wanted, and everything didn't know you wanted. She is extremely patient, for the picky girls in my group, and to say you made nine girls all fan girl over their makeup is just the best. Kristin's bedside (chairside?) manor makes you feel like you are just catching up with an old friend you haven't seen in a while. My mom already has her on our holiday party invitation list- THAT should speak for itself. We absolutely will be using her for all future events. THANK YOU Kristin for making me feel like a beautiful princess on my dream day!!!! xo

Sent on 10/04/2016

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Giiiirrl!! This just made my whole day! Thank you so much, any time to make you gorgeous soul glow, just let me know.

Ariel · Married on 08/26/2016

I had so much fun working with Kristen! I was excited to find out she was available for our wedding date and did not hesitate to book with her. Based on her portfolio, I knew she would be able to meet my expectations and she did just that. We had many compliments on how good our make up looked throughout the night. It lasted well into the night and even on a very hot August day, everything looked exactly the same as it did when she finished. I would HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Kristin Mastrangelo - Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you so much, love. I had a blast with you ladies! Xoxo

marri · Married on 08/20/2016

Kristin was amazing. She responded the same day everything I emailed her and followed up on my requests immediately. She was very fun and friendly and did a great job on my friends and I. I highly recommend her for any event. If you want to change something, she does everything she can to make you happy.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Aaahhhh girl!!! You are so awesome!! Thank you so much! Xoxo

Laura · Married on 05/21/2016

First off, let me say that Kristin was absolutely AMAZING!! From our first email exchange she was extremely responsive and so flexible to work with. Her demeanor is that of a friend who you haven't spoken with in a while- always so happy to hear from you which made her so easy to work with. After our first initial meeting I was completely at ease with choosing her as my hair and makeup artist. I pretty much wear a full face of make up every day, and explained to Kristin that I wanted to look glam but not look over done for the day of my wedding. At my hair and makeup trial she took her time making sure I was happy with everything, and the whole time we chatted and laughed like we were old friends.

Weeks before my wedding I had a hair extension crisis. My hair stylist scared me out of purchasing hair extensions online (Kristin referred me to Bellami hair, which are amazing btw) and told me to go to Sally's to purchase them. I ended up getting the wrong color, and had to expedite my extensions from Bellami. Kristin held my hand throughout the entire process and was so proactive in helping with my crisis.

The day of the wedding had an early start with the first girls in the hair and makeup chair at 7am. Kristin and her hair guru, Charlie, were there at 6:30am setting everything up and had the best attitude ( I have no idea how they were so peppy at 6:30am but they were). She was extremely organized and stuck to the schedule, with a hard stop at 1pm as we had to do all of our pictures before our 4pm ceremony.

From our initial email exchange of what I wanted to now, Kristin gave me exactly what I asked for. I was glam but not over done and felt like the best version of myself. She is an amazing makeup and hair artist and I would choose her again in a heartbeat. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Alexa · Married on 04/30/2016

I can't say enough great things about Kristin. She was seriously a miracle. I was originally planning on saving money and doing my own makeup for the big day, but one of my bridesmaids suggested taking the stress off myself by hiring a makeup artist. With my wedding about a month away, I was having difficulty finding someone who was affordable and still available. I was given Kristin's information through a friend of a friend, and she couldn't have been more perfect.

She responded so quickly to every email, and even made suggestions along the way. She also worked quickly to fit me in for a trial. Not only was she professional and prompt, but she is totally a girl's girl. When we met, it was like we'd already known each other. She makes you feel so comfortable, and she doesn't just care about your makeup. She likes to get to know you and talk about the wedding.

I would totally recommend her services to anyone looking for makeup on any occasion. She made me look and feel so beautiful on my big day!

Sent on 05/11/2016
  • Miroslava

Miroslava · Married on 04/16/2016

When I was searching for a makeup artist, I found many salons required certain number of bridesmaids in order to book them for a Saturday wedding. I knew I couldn't meet those requirements so I was very happy I found Kristin. No nonsense with her. Prices were more than reasonable. She responded to my every email promptly and was always very detailed. Kristin was very personable and was a dream to work with. On the big day, she came early to setup and everything went according to plan. The makeup was flawless and lasted till the end of the wedding. The only thing I had to touch up was the lipstick/lipgloss. She patiently participated in pictures and video. So, 5 stars all around for Kristin!!

Sent on 05/08/2016