Kristen Wynn Photography Reviews

100 | McKeesport, PA

100 Reviews for Kristen Wynn Photography

Cindy · Married on 06/18/2011

As an out of town bride, I found Kristen over the internet. After talking to her on the phone and looking at her portfolio online, we immediately booked her for our wedding in June and could not have been happier! Kristen was absolutely professional, wonderful to work with and the pictures were amazing. In fact, they were so good that the Radisson (our venue) puts them on display now in order to advertise. PLUS no other photographer could beat her price!!! I would recommend Kristen to anybody, you can't go wrong!

Sent on 07/14/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Hi, Cindy! Thanks so much for the great review! You truly looked so happy on your wedding day and the lighting we had for your ceremony was just perfect from a photography perspective! Please keep in touch! :)

Erica · Married on 05/07/2011

Kristen is an excellent photographer with excellent and creative ideas. She is very open to her customers' thoughts and wants, which makes it obvious that her main goal is to make your photos everything you have dreamed of! I used kristen for engagement and wedding photos and I am pleased to say that my husband and I were astonished by the final results for both sessions. She somehow managed to capture almost every moment of each day. Her best qualities are her honesty and organization. You don't have to worry about her being on time or missing a single requested detail. I would recommend kristen wynn photography for any special occasion, and I will guarantee you will be nothing but satisfied!!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Hi, Erica! Thanks so much for the kind review. Your wedding showed how much planning you put in over the 1.5 year engagement. You really transformed your reception venue with the pink uplighting and I'm so glad the weather held out for the photos at RMU! :) I am so happy for you and Nick! :)

Ashton · Married on 04/30/2011

Kristen was very professional yet fun to have for our special day. She communicated from the day i called to the day i received the photographs and they are beyond believable!! Anything I had requested was taken care of. She captured the memories that I had wanted, and now I have those for the rest of my life! Thank you sooo much Kristen!
    Ashton & Ryan Marton
    April 30, 2011

Sent on 05/17/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Ashton, hello! :) Thank you so much for the kind review! The lighting in your bedroom when you were getting ready was perfect and those photos with your grandmother are so touching. I know the day was busy, busy, busy, but by the end, you felt like an old friend to me. Please keep in touch for years to come!

N · Married on 04/08/2011

Kristen is amazing and absolutely professional!!

Finding the perfect wedding photographer is probably the most difficult task while planning a wedding. My husband and i had a tiny destination wedding with only two guests and it was extremely important for us to get lots of beautiful and high-quality photos to share with our family and friends back home. I spent two months searching the internet almost daily, comparing blogs, portfolios and reviews but couldn’t find a good and affordable photographer. I gave up and agreed to book the one suggested by our officiant, but i wasn’t impressed by his work at all ( very amateurish, almost lousy) and had to start searching again.
    Then Kristen answered to my classified ad on a wedding website and from the moment i entered her website i knew i wanted her to be our wedding photographer! I immediately fell in love with her photos and style, and to my surprise her price was within our small budget.

The communication with Kristen was great, from the first mail until after the wedding. She was always very fast in responding and she answered all my questions patiently and very detailed.
    On our wedding day Kristen arrived ahead of time and started shooting immediately as well as exploring our “getting ready”-hotel to find the perfect spots for our first look and other photos. Kristen was very well prepared, she had worked out a detailed timelime as well her own shot list and she even brought a big bag full of props.
    I had two or three ideas for a photo and she had no problem turning my vision into a perfect result. Kristen spent so much time with us even though our wedding was so small; from getting ready in the morning until almost sundown, she was always busy and full of great ideas.
    We got our photos within less than three weeks and we love them all!! We are so happy with the high amount and quality, they are gorgeous and absolutely everything we imagined, and we already got some wonderful comments from our family and friends.

We didn’t want super-ultra-artsy pictures without any emotion, we wanted photos that reflect our personalities and give the viewer the impression to be there in the exact same moment when the photo was taken. And that’s exactly what we got: a natural style, not too fancy but modern and vibrant. Simply perfect!

Kristen is a very talented photographer and her whole attitude is highly professional. Contacting vendors can be a nightmare, but not with Kristen. She knows exactly how to create and maintain a perfect relationship with her clients without making them feel like they are just a client.
    I must admit i had some depressive phases while planning the wedding, i questioned every decision and wished i could do it all in a completely different way. But i never had a bad feeling about Kristen, not even for a second. I always knew she is the right choice and i was absolutely right. She is such a nice person and we enjoyed talking to her and having her at our wedding.
    Kristen was our best vendor and we never felt like having a stranger at our wedding, but like being surrounded by a dear friend.

Sent on 05/07/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Natascha, you are SO, so sweet! I loved, loved, loved working with you and would love to shoot a wedding like yours every day of the week!

I loved that you made time for portraits and we had a ton of fun doing them. :) And you and Thomas are such nice people. I wish you so much happiness and a strong marriage that lasts for years!

You have managed to sum up my style in a few words-I've been trying for two years now to get the words right and you did it after working with me for just 10 hours. I want to see the enlargements you made...take a shot of them and email them to me, please! :) I know you two are very creative and came up with something great.

When you are back in town for a vacation, PLEASE call me and let's go out and have fun creating images again! Thanks so much for the great review and most importantly, for the great photography experience at your wedding!

Katie · Married on 03/26/2011

I would highly recommend Kristen as I had a great experience with her photographing my wedding. The communication before the wedding was great and she even kept me on my toes with all of the planning. She helped to set up a good timeline of events for us. After the wedding, it only took about 3 weeks to get our pictures which is really fast according to other brides that it took months with different photographers. I absolutely love the pictures and definitely feel like I made a great choice in photographers. Many people have commentend on how great my photos turned out. Super affordable too, that was my favorite part. So many wedding photographers are outrageously priced. So happy that I found Kristen, it worked out perfectly.

Sent on 05/13/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Katie, thanks SO much for your kind review! I wish I could photograph a sweet couple like you and Bart everyday! My favorite photo is right outside the ceremony, the lush green trees in the background, kids blowing bubbles, and you laughing. You are such a great couple, so honest and sincere and fun. I wish you so much happiness and please keep in touch!

Casey · Married on 03/10/2011

Working with Kristen was amazing. She was always around to answer any questions I had. We used her for both our engagement and wedding pictures. Her work is top quality, I never thought I could look that good in a picture, she seemed to always capture the perfect moment. It was such a pleasure to work with her, she always made me feel comfortable and relaxed. On my wedding day she took gorgeous photos and I never even knew she was there! She spent almost 12 hours with me and was high energy and on top of things the whole time. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/11/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Hi, Casey! Thanks so much for your kind words. You and Rob started my 2011 wedding season off with a bang! :) I love that you did a first look and the photos really show how relaxed and happy you were. Please keep in touch with me!

Sherina · Married on 12/11/2010

Kristen is fabulous!! My wedding was 12-11-10 on the beach. I was late meeting her to start the day, and she was very quick to calm the situation and adjust the schedule to accomodate. She was very aware of the details, always making sure my veil or hair was jut right (which was difficult on the cold windy day). My friends and family were amazed at her effort throughout the entire day, and we received MANY great shots to relive the wonderful day! She is highly recommended for creativity! We pretty much just told her she could do what she wanted with the shots, and we couldn't be more pleased with the results! She is an amazing artist with her photography!

Sent on 02/11/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Hi, Sherina! It is SO great to hear from you again! :) I love your choice of resort for your wedding-beautiful selection and a GREAT job planning! I had so much fun with you and your wedding party and family. St. Pete Beach area has the BEST lighting for sunset type photos! I hope you will keep in touch with me! :) Thanks so much for selecting Kristen Wynn Photography!

Amie · Married on 11/06/2010

Kristen was amazing. She did our engagement and wedding photos; she is very talented at what she does! Professional yet personable; you couldn't ask for anyone better! There is no doubt in my mind that we will definitely be contacting her in the future for our photography needs. Thank you so much Kristen for capturing our special day in the best way possible!

Sent on 07/01/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Amy, hi! :) How are you and Anthony? And how was Italy? Thanks so much for the sweet review and kind words. You were a pleasure to work with and kept your grace under pressure (remember when the hotel room was occupied by someone else, yikes-but funny!) I hope you two are really enjoying married life and please keep in touch with me!

Colleen · Married on 11/05/2010

Kristen Wynn (and assistant!) were FANTASTIC. She was my favorite vendor and I am so glad we chose her for our wedding 11/5/10. Very easy to reach before (and after) the wedding. I only emailed her but received prompt responses every time. They were professional and yet fun and friendly at the same time. The picture quality was amazing and I love just about all of my over 600 photos. The value for cost... I can't say enough good things about this! We struggled in finding a photographer we could afford that met all the requirements we wanted. Many wedding photographers charge FAR more than her and their picture quality (in my opinion) is not as amazing.

There was a medical emergency at my wedding that involved calling 911, and having an ambulance arrive to the wedding, and threw off my timeline/order of events. They stayed a bit late to catch a few photos of the last dance and our exit without us even having to ask.

They arrived early (I think at least around 30 minutes early) and started setting up and taking photos right away. During our reception, she set up a laptop with some pictures that were taken before, during, and after the ceremony. I was not expecting this and it was such a great added touch! In fact, at a friend's bridal shower yesterday, she even mentioned how much she loved that my photographer did that!

Kristen Wynn Photography is amazing. A+++. We loved them-- even my husband who hates having photos taken loved them! She is now doing some newborn portraiture and as we are now expecting, we will be contacting her for newborn portraits and also possible maternity photos if we decide to do them.

Sent on 03/14/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Colleen, thank you SO much for your sweet review! :) Your wedding colors and floral were beautiful, as was your venue at the botanical gardens. And of course I think birdcage veils photograph perfectly. I hope everything is going well for you and your new husband-I know we will be in touch for some photos this fall! :) So great to hear from you and thank you again!

Bethany · Married on 10/30/2010

Kristen was the BEST vendor to work with for my October 2010 wedding. She was so professional and helpful that it just made the day go extreamly smooth. She made sure to get all of the details of what we wanted well in advance, and on the day she was certain to get all of our must have shots in. We had a large bridal party and she had no problem working with everyone and getting the little ones under the age of 5 to cooperate with what we needed them to do. She even had the ring bearers growl for the camera when they got sick of smiling, and they were some of the best pictures of the day. All of my guests were impressed with her and how long she stayed at the reception, she didn't leave until the lights came on and everyone else had started to leave. I have recieved so many complements on the picutres, the hardest part was deciding which ones to put in the album. She's a perfect choice for any wedding.

Sent on 03/06/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Hi, Bethany! It was so good to talk to you yesterday and catch up! :) Thanks for the kind review. Your wedding location and colors were gorgeous and Duquesne University photographed beautifully in the fall-made me wish I myself had had a fall wedding. I loved your dress detail. You and Patrick are so in love, it made my job easy. A who could forget the impromptu hockey game for the boys that day? Very fun shots! Thanks again for choosing me; I know we will keep in touch! :)

Megan · Married on 10/23/2010

I booked Kristen Wynn when she just started her business. She gave us an AMAZING rate and she worked our whole wedding, gave us the rights to all of our photos, retouched our photos and gave us 2 copies of the CD. She was professional, on time, and went above and beyond on my wedding day-- even lacing up my dress when time was running out and everybody was scrambling around! Her photos looked beautiful and they are comparable or better than many of my friends' wedding photos-- except they paid much more for theirs and didn't own the rights. Her contract was straight-forward and I we received everything we paid for. I would absolutely recommend Kristen Wynn for wedding photography!

Sent on 11/27/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Hi, Megan! Your wedding was just gorgeous and I never mind helping out and lacing a dress up when time runs short! :) Thanks for the great review and for supporting me as I started my business. I really love your family and wish you and Chris a HAPPY HOLIDAYS for your first married Christmas!

Lisa · Married on 10/14/2010

Kristen is an amazing photographer. After checking out her site, I knew that we would hit it off since she had the same eye for details as I do! From the beginning, she stayed in constant contact and responded quickly to all of my emails. I had an enormous shot list and was concerned about it being overwhelming, but she handled it all in stride. She was professional, genuine and soooo nice about everything! The day of the wedding, she showed up bright eyed and bushy tailed and got right down to work. She did her best accommodating my shot list in the little time that we had. She was never intrusive and she was a total photo ninja. I never once noticed her or her camera during the ceremony or reception when she was snapping candids. She worked really well with the rest of my vendors and my DOC commented to me how awesome Kristen was!
    After the wedding, she put teasers up on her site within a week and we had our finished CD within 2 weeks. Talk about speedy service! I love it! She is so flexible and will help you out with any additional retouching or requests on effects you have.
    Overall, you will not be disappointed with Kristen! She is an amazing photographer especially if you are a budget bride like I was, as she is quite affordable compared to others out there. I've gotten so many compliments on our wedding photos on how artistic they are and how detailed the shots were. We can't thank you enough for everything you've done. We couldn't be happier with our photos! :)

Sent on 11/10/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Lisa, hi! Thanks for the great review! You know your wedding was amazing. Honestly, your DIY details and great venue make a photographer's job easy! And your shoes were so awesome! I think we're super similar in so many ways and I just loved working for you. I want to see a shot of your canvas when it comes in! Happy holidays to you and Mark! Hope you enjoying your time as newlyweds together.

Jenifer · Married on 09/25/2010

Kristen was absolutely AMAZING!

She has been fantastic with communication from DAY 1!!! My photo's surpassed my expectations in every way. I am a HUGE KWP fan now and think I always will be!

Kristen is warm and bubbly and SO VERY EASY to work with. She was so
    friendly, I felt like I had known her all my life. She showed up early,
    brought an assistant (her hubby, since her normal assistant is 8 mo
    preggo!) even though she didn't charge me for an assistant... They got
    started even though I was late...

She was amazingly affordable (all rights to my 900+ pictures on a disk and she was there ALL day!) and she has an amazing payment policy which helps struggling brides like me… You pay half down to secure your date, and the balance 2 weeks later to receive your pictures! How awesome is that!!!

Every time I thought, “I want to take a picture of me and this person…” like magic, there she was! I never had to look for her or ask her to take anything! My photo's are all awesome!

She is on FaceBook, so if you haven’t friended her already, do so!!! www.facebook.com/KristenWynnPhotography

Sent on 10/25/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

One of my favorite brides ever ever and I will still be saying that years from now! Jenifer's wedding was GORGEOUS and the best part was her smile...you could tell it was real; she was glowing on her wedding day. I think that joy shows through in her photos. She was laid back, built in plenty of time for photography, and didn't sweat the small stuff. You don't live far from me, J, so keep in touch. I can't wait to work with you again!

Dori · Married on 09/05/2010

We were very happy with our pictures and overall experience working with Kristen. Our Keys destination wedding was amazing and she captured it perfectly!

Sent on 11/04/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Thanks for the great review, Dori! Hope everything is going well for the whole family!

Amy · Married on 08/14/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography was everything that I could have hoped for in a wedding photographer. She was very professional the entire day and yet she was always approachable and flexible. She captured all of the special moments without ever being intrusive with her camera. If I was to do it all over, I would absolutely hire Kristen Wynn Photography again. I would recommend her to anyone without hesitation!!

Sent on 11/03/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Thanks for the great review, Amy! You had an awesome, awesome wedding and it was so fitting because I think you and Tom are just two of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of working with. Enjoy your first married Christmas together! :)

Lynn · Married on 07/03/2010

Kristen photographed our small beach side wedding on July 3rd. She checked out the area before our wedding, had creative ideas for poses, and got every shot we asked her for. When she realized we missed out on an important shoot she came back to our location to make sure to get it. We love our pictures and can not say enough about how great it was to work with Kristen!

Sent on 07/31/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Hi, Lynn! :) Thanks so much for having me as your photographer! I had a great time meeting your family. And looking at the photo of the centerpiece pinwheels you had always makes me smile. I'll think of you two every time I see pinwheels now and Rice Krispies too! :) Please keep in touch for all your family photos over the years!

Jeffrey · Married on 06/12/2010

Kristen was incredibly professional and so very much fun. She and her team made our wedding even more memorable with her creativity.

Sent on 10/13/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Hi, Jeff! Thanks so much for the great review! :) Hope all is going well for you!

Lindsay · Married on 06/05/2010

In any town or city, there are dozens of photographers to choose from. The person you choose is responsible for capturing the memories of your special day, so the decision shouldn't be taken lightly. The two most important factors we think of when researching photographers are Quality of Work and Good Value. I am confident that you will not find an affordable photographer with the amount of creative vision, talent, passion, and enthusiasm that Kristen Wynn offers her clients.

We chose Kristen Wynn for our engagement photos in the winter of 2010. I had been in professional photo shoots before-- they were never very enjoyable experiences; it was just something you did to get some pictures to hang on the wall. I expected to spend a few hours standing in cliched poses, having my hands repositioned and my head titled, with a background switch every once in a while to add some variety. My fiance and I were pleasantly surprised. From the minute we met Kristen, her bubbly and congenial personality got us excited for the photo shoot. Kristen gave us a list of locations she had thought of that would make beautiful pictures-- everything from entrances to historical buildings to a downtown hotel to a giant bridge in the middle of the city. Once we arrived at each place, Kristen had fun, cute and unique poses she wanted us to try. She never made us feel awkward, even when we were kissing, bending backwards on a staircase, or posing in an elevator. Throughout the shoot, she would be shouting, "This one looks great! You guys look so cute! Oh, I love this one!" I felt a little bit like a rockstar, and I could see my fiance's head getting bigger :)

Kristen never made us feel like she was in a hurry to end the session. She wouldn't have quit until she was sure she had snapped a picture of us in every position and every location she could think of (unless of course we wanted her to stop- but we didn't!) What we thought was going to be a boring day of posing ended up being a day full of smiles, giggling and watching artwork be created.

Of course, I chose no other than Kristen Wynn to photograph my wedding 6 months later. I knew I could count on her to document one of the most important days of our life. Kristen never missed a photo-op, and she snapped priceless pictures that far exceeded my expectations (which were already quite high). She gave us a mixture of the traditional photos that everyone wants to have of their wedding-- the vows, the cake cutting, the first dance-- along with a lot of really special candid shots of our son, our crazy friends, my emotional family members, and some intimate moments with my husband. I honestly can't stop looking at them (and showing others!)

I imagine that almost anyone could figure out how lenses and lighting work, and snap a few good pictures. But having the vision of what makes an incredible picture is something that only a true artist has, and Kristen Wynn took the most interesting, unique, beautiful and fun pictures of me and my family that I have ever seen. You don't want to look back in 20 years on your special event and have a hundred pictures of people posing in front of a tree. Kristen will give you photos that you will truly enjoy looking at and sharing throughout the years, whether it's you and your husband kissing on a bridge, or your 3-year-old son playing in a patch of wildflowers.

I will trust Kristen with every special event I have in the future, and I give her my highest recommendation. You won't be dissappointed. Kristen, until next time, a thousand thank-you's :)

Sent on 08/06/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

I was so pleased when I visited my Wedding Wire page and found this review. Lindsay, you are too sweet and kind! Seriously, I could not have asked for a better review and a nicer family for it to come from!

Your wedding was gorgeous, especially the dark wood and exposed beams of the cabin and those wildflowers outside made for some awesome shots of the kiddos. Your engagement shot on the Warhol Bridge downtown has become a signature for me! :)

Please keep in touch and enjoy your awesome married life and your little boy! :) I love it when a bride becomes a friend, so stay in touch always!

Samantha · Married on 05/29/2010

Kristen Wynn is not only a fantastic and creative photographer, but she is also such a nice and caring person. She listens to your requests and does everything to fulfill your visions. She made me feel so comfortable and relaxed on my wedding day and did not get in the way at all. She got some amazing candid shots and was creative with her posed shooting as well. Thank you so much Kristen for doing such a wonderful job! =)

Sent on 06/17/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Thanks for the review, Sammi! :) Had an awesome time at your wedding! Make sure you and Scott keep in touch with me; I'm just a few minutes away if you ever need anything!

Jennifer · Married on 05/23/2010

I have only great things to say about Kristen and Kristen Wynn Photography. She did a fabulous job, and was super easy to work with. She responded to my emails immediately and was a dream to work with on the day of my wedding. She fit right in with all the festivities. I highly recommend her for your photography needs!!

Sent on 01/06/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Jennifer, HI! :) How are you doing? I'm so happy to hear from you. Thanks for the great review, I loved working with you two and your beautiful bridesmaids! And you guys had the perfect sunset at your wedding. Your Bills almost beat the Steelers this year-and I was thinking about you guys while watching the game!

Christina · Married on 04/17/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography did an awesome job on our wedding picts. She helped tremendously with planning the different shots we would want to capture. She was timely in responding to questions and kept in close touch leading up to the big day. Kristen met me super early to be able to capture the whole day on film and was the last to leave afterwards. She was well equipped, very professional, and creative. She put in way more time than what she charged for, without counting the time she spent editting and preparing our photos. Although she had our picture to us in just 2 weeks she still took the time to post teasers on Facebook for us. I can't wait to work with her again for family photos.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Christina, you and your kids and your new husband were awesome! You had a very spiritual, beautiful wedding and we had so much fun getting some great photos of your boys outside afterward. I hope we can work together soon and thanks for the great review! :)

Tina · Married on 03/06/2010

Kristen photographed engagement shots and my wedding. She did such a wonderful job. I cannot possibly explain how great she is. She is personable and full of energy. Her creativity is unsurpassed. She is definitely one of the best photographers I have had the opportunity to work with!

Sent on 05/07/2010

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Tina, I loved working with you too! I had a ton of fun that day. Thanks for the great review; hope you are loving being newlyweds!

Kristen did such an amazing job as our wedding and engagement photographer. She is incredibly personable, organized, and fun to work with. We were amazed with the amount of time she spent capturing every detail of our entire wedding day. The photos are gorgeous and we couldn't be happier !! Thank you Kristen!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

I'm not sure which couple this is, but thank you SO much for the great and wonderful review! I hope you are enjoying married life, newlyweds! :)
  • W

Lisa · Married on 09/10/2011

She did a very good job. I wish some of the photos were centered more and more close-ups. Otherwise very good.

Sent on 09/29/2011

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Hi, Lisa! Thanks so much for the good review! If you want some more close-ups and centered shots, I can easily crop the images for you and get those over to you--that's one great thing about working with digital files! Let me know as customer satisfaction is my number one priority. It was so wonderful to work with you again and I hope you two had a fabulous honeymoon in St. Lucia! Please keep in touch!

I can't say enough good things about Kristen Wynn! From the first time we met, to the last hour of our wedding reception, she was AMAZING! Kristen seemed to genuinely care about my husband and I and making our day special. I interviewed other photographers before deciding to go with Kristen & she just made me feel like she cared more about us as a couple than making money, which is nice when you're planning a wedding. I would recommend setting up an engagement shoot because it gets everyone comfortable with the poses, cues and camera. The actual wedding day was FLAWLESS! I never once felt rushed or stressed because Kristen helped us make a reasonable timeline and kept us to it! We got every picture we could ever dream of because she arrived promptly on time and didn't leave until she was satisfied with everything she shot. Another bonus, she set up a computer slideshow at our reception with a few images that she had shot at the ceremony earlier... our guests loved it! It may take her a day or so to get back to you via email sometimes but, once I figured that out, the rest was perfect! THANK YOU, Kristen for images that will last a lifetime & helping us create a perfect wedding day!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Kristen Wynn Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! :) I am so glad your guests loved the same day slideshow and you were able to feel comfortable in front of the camera!

It was truly a beautiful day! Your words are so kind - thank you so much!