Krista Watzel Photography Reviews

62 | Denver, CO

62 Reviews for Krista Watzel Photography

April · Married on 05/24/2015

We first ran into Krista at a friend's wedding. I really liked her vibe and that of the second photographer she was working with. Now fast forward 18 months, and while I'm at a bridal show, I gather a multitude of cards for photographers. That evening, in an oddly focused effort, my fiance and I sit down and go through all the websites for all the photographers. Some are quickly ditched, some we are 'meh' about. And then we start going through Krista's website... "Hey? Isn't that the wedding we were at?" And suddenly, there is only one option. And it's Krista.

We meet with her at a local coffee shop (yay local!) and discuss details; and a week or so later, we've booked her for our wedding.

Now... I haven't seen all the pictures yet; just what she's put up on her blog, and what I've seen is perfect. She captured us and our oddities and our odd families perfectly. And like other reviewers have said, she blends in with her camera, you might not notice her, but she is getting all the perfect shots that you are going to treasure forever.

Our photographer was the largest part of our budget; and we didn't hesitate for a second on that decision. It was the right one; Krista was the right one.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Bailey · Married on 12/27/2014

I used Krista's associate, Jen because she was more in our price range. Working with Jen and Krista was such a wonderful experience. Jen is such a blast and she was so helpful day of making sure everything was done on time and we got the pictures we wanted.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Krista is an AMAZING photographer!! She did our engagement and wedding pictures, and they turned out more beautiful than I could have ever asked for! She was invisible the entire night, yet her pictures shows you that she was right in the thick of it the whole time. She is calm, cool, and really fun to work with. Believe me, you won't regret having her as your photographer!

Sent on 04/15/2015

I would highly recommend using this photography service. They were professional, passionate, talented, and patient. I was amazed at the beauty of the wedding pictures. They captured the laughter and joy of our special day.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Krista is simply fantastic! We are so happy to have been able to work with her on our wedding day! At our initial meeting with Krista we knew she would be great - she was organized, personable, helpful and informative. We really enjoyed working with her on our engagement photos and she has a way of making you feel so comfortable so you are really able to enjoy the moment.
    Krista was super organized leading up to our wedding day and made sure she knew everything we wanted. She was so fun to work with on our wedding day and for a majority of the evening we didn't even notice her, she just works her magic! We were so happy with our photos and couldn't have asked for better results. Overall, Krista is an amazing photographer and we can't wait to work with her in the future. Thanks Krista!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Teri · Married on 09/07/2014

Krista was so fun to work with and also one of the sweetest gals. I received many compliments on her professionalism and what great work she did. She was willing to listen to ideas for photo shots and together we came up with some very creative ideas. I will have great photos to remind of us of our special moments. I used her for our family photos/engagement photo shoot and for our wedding and was very satisfied. I look forward to using her in the future, she is truly one of the best photographers out there.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Kelley · Married on 08/28/2014

One reason I used Krista because I had seen how beautiful her photos are. The second reason is that when you use her you don't have to go through hundreds of amazing wedding photos and then pick only a few that you like and order and pay for them. You pay a flat rate and then ALL of the photos from your wedding are yours and you can make as many prints of any of the photos as you want. That saves you money in the long run and keeps you from having to make hard choices about which photos you actually want. Most photographers don't allow you to have all of your photos. The third reason was that she is so sweet and calming to be around. She is quick in getting photos and has an amazing eye and sets you at ease so quickly, My husband hates being photographed and was so nervous for our engagement photos. With in a few minutes he was totally relaxed and had a great time. She is more than a photographer because she not only patientl answered my endless questions, she also helped me figure out a timeline for the day, she recommended vendors to me and helped me to find deals. There was nothing she didn't help me with or know about. She was one of the calmest aspects of my wedding and the least stressful aspect of the entire thing. Besides that, she is just so sweet and joyful that you actually enjoy her being part of your day. I got married at an event center and was worried because there was no great nature spots outside for photos. My husband and I really wanted outdoor photos but we accepted that maybe we couldn't have them. When we did our engagement photos I mentioned that we liked nature photos. I never mentioned it again. 4 months later on our wedding day Krista had researched and found a beautiful little meadow 3 minute drive from the venue so that we could have the nature photos we liked. She did this because she listens to you and goes above and beyond just taking some photos. She was one of the best parts of our wedding day. I have not one negative thing to say ab

Sent on 09/12/2014

Juli · Married on 06/28/2014

Krista is amazing to work with. My husband and I choose her for her unique photography style and her ability to "capture moments." We didn't want a lot of posed pictures, but beautiful pictures that told the story about us and our big day. Krista did just that! Krista was always available by phone or email and was completely willing to work with our schedule. She also provided a lot of organization to our wedding. We didn't have a wedding planner, so the documents she had us fill out to organize the time we had the photos we wanted really helped us pull it all together. The turnaround time for getting photos back was great and the pictures are absolutely beautiful. I found her prices to be very comparable, if not better, to other photographers in the area. We've already hired Krista for a photo session since the wedding has ended, and I know we will be calling her for maternity and new born photos once we decide to grow our family!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Awesome Photographer and Business. Krista runs her business in an efficient manner and delivers a beautiful and amazing product. Our pictures turned out great and were well taken and looked beautiful at the end.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Meredith · Married on 03/01/2014

Krista was absolutely fantastic. We loved the engagement photo shoot we did with her, which made it really easy to stick with her for the wedding photos. We're super happy with how the wedding photos turned out, and found Krista to be very responsive, professional, and extraordinarily good at getting large groups of people (including little kids) to all look at her at the same time. I would highly recommend Krista to anyone in need of wedding or family photos.

Sent on 12/13/2014

My husband and I were very pleased with our over all experience with Krista Watzel Photography. We had originally picked a different photographer, but after our engagement shoot were disappointed with the quality and interaction. This is where Krista saved the day! She made our satisfaction a priority. She had Jen shoot our engagement shoot and wedding. I am so glad we went with her. The photos turned out beautifully and we had a blast during the entire process!! :)

Sent on 11/27/2013

Nick · Married on 10/05/2013

Krista knows exactly what she is doing and she is great at it! She is professional, fun, and her product is absolutely stunning. We would never even think of referring anyone else.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Laura · Married on 09/06/2013

When I started planning our wedding photography was low on my list of priorities. I had seen so many typical wedding photos that I wasn't even excited for the end result. In comes Krista, she made everyone feel at ease during the ceremony and reception and the end result is amazing! All my family and friends are beaming and you can see the joy on everyone's faces. Krista captures pure emotion and I know I will cherish our wedding pictures forever.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2013

Krista was a dream to work with, especially being that we were planning the wedding from overseas. She not only delivered exactly what we had asked, she surpassed our expectations and captured so many moments that we otherwise wouldn't have been aware of. We are so happy that we had Krista there and would highly recommend her to couples looking for a photographer that is easy to work with and makes you feel completely at ease even in your most stressful moments.

Sent on 11/28/2013

Elise · Married on 08/05/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Krista. We had an out-of-town wedding so we didn't meet her in person until a few days before. I was a little nervous about that but within minutes of meeting her I knew we made a great choice! Krista was efficient in getting shots done without being overbearing. Several guests and family members asked for her information she was that good!

The thing I loved most about her is that she listened to what we wanted while still using her expertise. I am CLUELESS when it comes to weddings so she was helpful in keeping me on track while still letting it be my day. She kept us one time (I am perpetually late!) and I am so excited to see all of our photos. She has a customer for life! She made our day so special!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Kayla · Married on 08/03/2013

Krista was everything we could ever want in a photographer. We were so happy with our engagement photos and knew that our wedding photos would be fabulous. She always answered our questions in a timely and professional manner and she made us feel comfortable and confident. She is affordable and delivers a high quality product that I would never have a problem recommending to anyone who asked for a photographer recommendation.

Sent on 11/27/2013

Lauren · Married on 07/20/2013

I met Krista at a wedding expo and knew I wanted her to be our photographer after looking at the beautiful, artistic pictures on her website.
    We are so happy that she was the photographer we picked! She is so friendly, we felt instantly comfortable around her. She was great at directing us and others into the perfect poses and she was extremely responsive and flexible. The photos turned out AMAZING! Krista really cares about each and every couple she works with and takes great pride in her work.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Emily · Married on 07/13/2013

Krista was a blast to work with, besides being super professional and responsible throughout the entire wedding planning process. Our engagement and wedding pictures turned out beautiful!

Sent on 12/01/2013

Alicia · Married on 07/05/2013

Krista was amazing to work with. She is so fun and literally sprints around trying to get everything to make each photo perfect. During the reception I barely remember seeing her, and yet she captured some of the most candid, hilarious photos! All of her photos are amazing and I definitely plan to use her for the rest of life's milestones.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Lily · Married on 06/30/2013

We met Krista at our friends wedding. She seemed really nice and great to work with, and that was just as an outsiders perspective. When we saw their photos, we thought they looked great! So the combination of the two things caused us to call her when we became engaged. We were right! She is a great person to work with and does quality work. She is very professional but also has a sort of charm that causes the photo shoots to be fun as well as easy going. We loved both our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos and received various compliments on them. We would definitely recommend Krista Watzel Photography!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Allison · Married on 06/18/2013

Krista was truly amazing! We absolutely loved having her be a part of our wedding, and the pictures turned out amazing! We brought her with us for our destination wedding ceremony in Costa Rica and she felt more like family than our photographer. She is very friendly, professional, and most of all, an extremely talented photographer. I could not recommend her more highly!

Sent on 12/03/2013

Kayla · Married on 05/18/2013

Krista Watzel Photography was well worth the money! She was easy to talk to about what we wanted for both the engagement session and the wedding photography. The engagement session was a drive but she was up for the challenge of a freezing cold shoot in January in Breckenridge. Her photo journalistic approach made for some great detail shots at the wedding and made us feel at ease during the portraits.

Sent on 07/30/2013

Kayla · Married on 11/02/2012

Krista was absolutely fantastic! Simple as that. She did both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures and EVERYONE loved them! Photography was one of the most important things to us and we hit the mark with Krista.

From the start, she was there to answer the many questions we had because we were a bit clueless. I had a crazy busy schedule when we were trying to take our engagement pictures and she was able to take them in the almost non-existent spare time I had and give us awesome photos. We wanted our dogs in a couple pictures and she was extremely patient with us while one barked and the other, who is quite large, attracted every person that walked by for a quick hug and pat on the head.

The day of the wedding was just as smooth. She arrived at the villa and got right to work capturing every detail that we would want to remember or didn’t even notice. The pictures that we received were more than we could have imagined! The formal pictures, candids, and detail shots were fantastic. She gave us that perfect mix of artistic but not too touched up/altered photos (if you know what I mean...the perfect timeless photos). I cannot speak highly enough about Krista and her crew and would readily suggest her to anyone who needs a great photographer!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Lonn · Married on 10/21/2012

Krista was just SIMPLY THE BEST. She was so kind and delivered way more than we expected and was way more than a pleasure to have around on our special day. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with our engagement and wedding photos. Words can not describe the pictures that she took at our wedding. She captured the feeling of the day, the emotions and then made us look more beautiful than ever. She is truly gifted and a pleasure to work.

Lonn

Sent on 11/27/2012

Hollyn · Married on 09/28/2012

Krista was absolutely wonderful. She is very friendly and easy to have around. She was always very quick to respond to any questions I had. At the wedding she was very thorough and professional. She got every formal picture we could ask for and all of the candids were amazing! She really does have an incredible eye. We got our pictures back quickly and I have to say they were wonderful. We love every one of them. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 11/26/2012