Kreate Photography & Design Reviews

Kreate Photography & Design 7
  • Julia

Julia A. · Married on 08/25/2018

Wonderful experience!

I am so glad that we hired Katie to photograph our engagement photos and wedding. Katie was incredibly organized, creative, thoughtful, and timely at all stages. She was very communicative and touched base with us often as we were planning our big day. We loved the engagement session, which allowed us time to get to know one another and get comfortable in front of the camera with Katie. We're so glad we did it! The wedding day itself was a dream. Katie helped us finalize our timeline, corralled all of our friends and family members for photos in efficient and timely manner, and most importantly, took the most breathtaking photos of the most happy day of our lives so far. I can't recommend Katie enough, and we hope to work again with her soon for other happy events in our lives to come. Thank you so much Katie!

Sent on 08/17/2019

Catherine · Married on 07/14/2018

Best of the best

Bringing Katie on as our photographer will go down as one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. Finalizing a photographer was one of the first things I did, so Katie was a trusted confidant moving forward and was consistently responsive, warm, invested in our experience, ready to give advice or feedback.

Her photographs took our breath away, both our engagement shoot and the actual wedding day. She was super organized and made sure to get the specific shots I wanted with various family members, and yet also infused a sense of spontaneity; we got the most gorgeous shots at sunset in an area I wouldn't have thought to go explore.

Katie seemed to fit into every situation, worked collaboratively with everyone (and I hadn't realized just how vital this is until my own wedding day; there are a lot of people swirling around you and it is SUPER important they are positive and each respect the other!), and she was a steady force throughout every part. Katie was incredible, and I can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • F

Fe Marie · Married on 06/16/2018

What drew us to Katie's work most was her ability to capture all of her clients' pure, joyous and candid moments so artfully, romantically, and beautifully.

We had such a wonderful experience working with Katie from the get-go. She is so laid back and easy to talk to, which makes a huge difference when you are stressing about everything else for the big day. She photographed our engagement shoot, and even though my husband and I were shy, we felt comfortable immediately when we met up with Katie. She guided us through the shoot, making us laugh and look/be more natural in our photos. It even rained during our session but she made it work well! We had so much fun and the photos turned out great.

Katie was not available on our wedding date, so her other lead photographer/photography partner Molly Kate captured our big day. She was hilarious and hyped us up throughout the day, along with the second shooter, Regina. They made us feel so comfortable and attractive! LOL :) We could not stop laughing the entire day thanks to them. They were also super helpful moving us along to help us stick to our timeline as much as possible (but not being rude or pushy), while still being flexible when necessary.

The memories, photos, and overall experience we had with Kreate Photography are all amazing beyond words. Katie really has such phenomenal vision, which she surely executes. We are so grateful to have these precious photo keepsakes for generations to come. Even the engraved wooden USB for the digital files was gorgeous, and it was delivered along with a handwritten card and dried lavender. We 1000% would recommend hiring Katie and her solid team for your big day, let alone any occasion really. She is worth the investment and the quality of her work speaks for itself, but it would be remiss of us to not spread the true good word of her work.

Thank you, Kreate Photography. You're awesome.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Luis · Married on 05/26/2018

My wife and I were very pleased with Katie's photography services. To say that we are beyond thankful, is an understatement! Katie and Molly were the best photographer(s) we could have chosen for our special day.

Katie made sure we stayed on schedule, she made sure to capture all of our "must-have" shots, and most importantly made it her priority to ensure that my wife and I had the time of our lives. Katie made our wedding day special, and we cannot thank her enough for her diligence and attention to detail. We gladly recommend Katie to any and all couples, she is without a doubt one of the most exceptional photographers in the Bay Area.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2018

To say that Katie and her team captured our day perfectly is an understatement. Hiring her to do our wedding photos was one of the best decision we made around our big day! In addition to traditional wedding photos, Katie captured intimate moments, the highlights of our ceremony and reception, the admiration and love of our guests and all of the small details that we put in to our wedding (flowers, sings, favors, etc.). She has a way with light to make a picture look magical. More importantly, she really took the time to get to know us as a couple and project the "vibe" that we wanted to create with our big day. I have followed her work for years and I know she does romance very well, but she took the playful vibe of our wedding and ran with it. We have the perfect mixture of romantic and fun pictures. We knew we were comfortable with her right away, but she made everyone in the wedding feel comfortable as well and worked so fast, getting people where they needed to be and made sure we caught the best light for our photos. Thank you Katie for creating memories that will last us a lifetime. Our love truly shines through the photos and for that we are eternally grateful!

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Kreate Photography & Design 8
    Kreate Photography & Design 9

Nicole · Married on 02/08/2018

Katie is amazing!!! My fiancé and I chose her to take our engagement photos in San Francisco. We saw her photos online and we loved it. We initially got in contact with her via email and from that, we set a time to have a phone conversation. We've learned that getting to know the photographer's personality and their style of work is very important. She's easy to talk to and understood the vision that we were looking for with our engagement photos. During the engagement shoot, she made us feel so comfortable and she's so easy and fun to work with. We got our engagement photos within a couple weeks and absolutely loved it! She captured our vision perfectly. We used one of the photos for our Save the Date and we've gotten many compliments about how great the photo looks. We would definitely choose her to take our photos again in the future. We highly recommend her and her services. She's great!

Sent on 04/15/2017

Jenna · Married on 01/13/2018

Katie is pure magic! The best decision I made was choosing her as my photographer. When I reached out to her, we instantly connected. When we finally met in Mexico, it was like we already knew one another. I loved that she was part of our wedding day. She pays such attention to detail and brought such a sense of comfort and ease.

We absolutely love our photos. They are so beautiful, detailed and real. So many people have asked which photographer we used. I whole heartedly recommend Kreate Photography. Katie is truly something special

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Kreate Photography & Design 10
    Kreate Photography & Design 11
    Kreate Photography & Design 12
    Kreate Photography & Design 13

Rachel · Married on 11/04/2017

Although we were getting married in Sonoma, we were planning our wedding from afar living on the East coast. I found Katie through other local contacts/ vendors and from our first call we completely trusted her and knew she would help make our day perfect. She kept in touch from our first conversation until the wedding and gave us candid feedback on a handful of vendors - this was invaluable since we had to work from a shortlist of preferred vendors the venue provided and because our 3 trips out to the area for wedding planning had to be very efficient in how time was spent.

I can't even begin to describe how amazing she was on the wedding day - she was such a positive yet assertive presence who made every one of us (bride, groom, bridal party, parents, etc.) feel at ease! The 2017 wildfires took place only about 2 weeks before our wedding and our wedding day was slated to have rain and yet I never worried once that the photos would be anything but incredible. Katie has an unparalleled talent - we would 100% hire her again if we had to do it over!

Sent on 07/16/2018
    Kreate Photography & Design 14
    Kreate Photography & Design 15

Asuka · Married on 10/27/2017

Kreate Photography have been professional and easy to work with from the beginning to the end. We knew from the moment we met Katie, that she was going to make our wedding day perfect (and she did!!). Unfortunately, Katie was not able to take photos for our wedding, but she made sure that everything was going to go well. We had the chance to work with Katie's Lead Associate, Molly Kate on our wedding day. She was truly amazing. Of course, as a photographer, she did an amazing job, but she also kept us on our toes with time schedule as well (which I think is truly important!).
    Photos that we received were all amazing... Molly Kate captured so many great moments at our wedding and we truly appreciate it. We received our wedding photos within 3 months, with cute packaging it felt like we've received an early Christmas present :) The team did not disappoint us one bit! I truly recommend Kreate Photography to anyone in the Bay Area!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Swati · Married on 10/14/2017

Kathryn is WONDERFUL to work with. We did our engagement shoot (and wish we could have her as our wedding photographer) and made us feel SO comfortable during the entire time. We received the pictures in a timely matter and they were STUNNING. We absolutely loved working with Kathryn, she is professional, very nice and just joy to work with. Even before the shoot, she helped me pick out my outfits, suggested best venues for our shoot and really guided us through the whole process. I recommend Kathryn to everyone and make sure to book her for your wedding, you will not regret it!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Liza · Married on 10/14/2017

Katie is amazing! She did our engagement photos and wedding photos and all I can say is that she is amazing and passionate at what she does. We chose her because of her style, it's very natural and romantic and most importantly her personality. Katie is great with making you feel comfortable during photoshoots, the poses were not forced which made the pictures very intimate! She was very helpful during the day of the wedding especially since we had a ton of group family photos after the ceremony and a guest count of 330! Katie was able to capture all the moments and more! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Kreate Photography & Design 16

Dusty · Married on 10/07/2017

Katie WAYYYYY exceeded our expectations. She did both our engagement photos, which came out incredible...iconic images of our moment in life together, and our wedding day.

As mentioned, the engagement photos really wowed us. Everyone who sees them is legitimately and genuinely impressed. They are beautiful and working with Katie was very fun and relaxed.

Our wedding photos, which were taken at a Sonoma Winery, were as good or better. She brought an assistant, Jessica I believe, who was equally talented and fun to work with during our family, friends and location photos.

Katie really listened to what we wanted and didn't want. And, she captured the moment so exquisitely. Katie was by far the best vendor we worked with during the wedding process. No joke, we had a miserable wedding planner (Cinthy at a Touch of Grace) who we immediately just bypassed, and Katie even stepped in during the wedding to get some SHIT DONE when our planner was nowhere to be found.

Avoid Touch of Grace wedding planners if possible. They are seriously laughable. Conversely, attempt to get Kreate Photography to work with you at all costs!

One final note, Kreate Photography recently did a family photo shoot for our brother and his young family...the photos are amazing. And, she got a 2 and 1/2 year old to look at the camera and smile! Thank you, Katie. You will be taking our family photos for the rest of our lives...you're stuck with us.

Sent on 02/02/2018
    Kreate Photography & Design 17
    Kreate Photography & Design 18
  • User6792265 · 1+ year ago

Planning a wedding is stressful. You know what's NOT stressful, having Katie as one of your wedding team members! She's a photography genious and we could not have asked for better photo. But even more importantly, she is a joy to work with. Her energy allowed my fiancé and I to open up in ways I never thought possible. I was so nervous to have my photo taken so much and she made me feel comfortable and beautiful. It was a blast working with her and we ended up with breathtaking photos that will last a lifetime! You have a lot of decisions to make as I bride, make this part easy on yourself and hire Katie. You will not regret it!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Corina · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired Krete Photography for our wedding and used her associate Molly Kate. She captured our day perfectly and we are extremely happy with our photos! Molly was professional and kept things running on time during the day. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Chris · Married on 09/30/2017

In general I was skeptical of the value of a professional photographer in a world where everyone has a camera in their pocket and is constantly snapping pictures. Molly and Kreate Photography changed that perception completely, vastly exceeding my expectations. Molly made the day of experience fun and comfortable and our wedding pictures turned out better than we would have ever expected. Thank you!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Paige · Married on 09/16/2017

Katie was an absolute joy to work with from start to finish, and our wedding photos are a dream come true as a result. Leading up to our engagement shoot and wedding, Katie was plugged in on our style, preferences, and vision for our wedding and accompanying wedding photos. She was consistently calm, collected, and having a great time, which helped us relax in situations that could have otherwise been stressful and overwhelming. She is professional, responsive, and helpful - and above all, she is an expert at her craft. I couldn't recommend anyone more highly and will be forever grateful to Kreate Photography for making our wedding day, and the visual memories of it, so perfect. Thank you Katie!

Sent on 02/07/2018
    Kreate Photography & Design 19
    Kreate Photography & Design 20
    Kreate Photography & Design 21
    Kreate Photography & Design 22

Hannah · Married on 09/09/2017

Hiring Kate was one of the BEST decisions I made for my wedding. She was incredibly communicative from the start and made me feel like she really wanted to understand my vision for the wedding. She was clear about her style, the way she works, and felt SO inspired about what she does. When my wedding day rolled around, I had no idea just how much of an active role Katie would take. She honestly felt like she was my wedding planner at times! I turned to her for direction, support, clarification on timeline, etc. She was ON IT. I felt so completely held by her the entire time. She also brought a fun, genuine energy with all my guests and my family, while still getting her job done efficiently. She gets my HIGHEST recommendation, I honestly can't sing her praises enough.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Erin · Married on 08/05/2017

Katie is an extremely talented, passionate, creative, and friendly photographer. My husband and I and our families cannot stop talking about how she absolutely rocked our wedding day! Her professionalism, attention to detail, and experience really set Katie aside from other photographers. We both have large families and large wedding parties and Katie made the whole process so seamless. She captured all of our must have shots as well as those great candid moments. Honestly, her work speaks for itself. Just look at her portfolio. When i found her on the knot I knew immediately she would be the one. She was the first vendor we booked and our favorite of the whole wedding. We cannot wait to work with her again.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/15/2017

Katie was an amazing person to work with for our favorite day thus far. From the first phone call asking for information about pricing and availability, she was professional while still warm and attentive to our specific needs. With our particular budget, we were able to work with Katie to connect with one of her amazing associate photographers - Molly Kate. Communication leading up to the wedding day was easy and always timely, and our in person meeting to discuss particulars felt like we were talking to old friends. We couldn't have asked for a better team to work with.

The day of, Molly Kate and her assistant photographer were amazing and captured everything we could have asked for and more. All our guests were impressed with how seamlessly Molly Kate worked and we are thrilled with the quality of the photographs. Even the follow-up from Katie and her team was beyond thoughtful. Our digital library was beautifully crafted, and the thumb drive of photos was sent in an engraved wooden box with our names. All the small details made choosing Kreate Photography and Design without a doubt the right one!

Sent on 03/03/2018

Bryan · Married on 07/14/2017

Katie was better than I could have ever imagined throughout the entire process. My then-fiancé fell in love with her photos online and asked that we hire Katie for our wedding. From the first conversation I shared with her on the phone, Katie made everything simple. She is incredibly warm and friendly, while still being direct and to the point, and is all about getting to know you as the customer (something that struck me as rare after the first few photographers with whom I spoke).

She was always quick to respond which was great because I sent a ridiculous amount of emails. The wedding day itself was incredibly smooth thanks to her punctuality and attention to detail. Her second photographer Molly was amazing as well. I legitimately hate getting my photo taken, and even I felt at ease with Katie and Molly.

Even after the wedding, Katie has remained super communicative with the albums and photos, etc. In all honesty, I had a little sticker shock when I got the quote but Katie was amazingly flexible with adjusting the package to work with us. And the quality of her work made the price a bargain. After later review, I figured out Katie is priced very competitively with other top notch Bay Area photographers.

I can not recommend Katie highly enough! You will be beyond happy with your experience.

Kreate Photography & Design 23
    Kreate Photography & Design 30
    Kreate Photography & Design 31
    Kreate Photography & Design 32

Laura · Married on 07/07/2017

Kreate Photography was on our venue's list of preferred vendors; however, we did not have to choose off of that list...we just loved her! That said, upon doing research for my photography vendors, a big sell for me was someone who is active on social media and not only that, but posts BEAUTIFUL photos because when you choose your photographer, it's important to examine how they take photos. I reached out to Katie (owner) and instantly fell in love with her work and to top it off, she herself, is very easy to like! My now husband and I met up with Katie in Oakland for dinner and went over day-of details and to really, meet each other; I really wanted to make sure that we connected with someone who was going to be capturing one of the most important days of our lives (plus, Katie makes sure she feels connected to the bride and groom too!). Throughout the entire process leading up to the wedding, Katie was on top of reaching out and was extremely professional and down to earth at the same time. When the wedding day came...again, Katie and her second photographer, Molly, were on time and took their job seriously. I have to give them a ton of kudos since they did their job in what should have been an 83 degree day on what turned out to be 106 degrees! The whole process of working with Katie felt natural and easy which is what makes Kreate Photography so great! We received our photos back earlier than what was stated on our contract and they turned out beautifully. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and you really do get what you pay for :) We will be taking her up on her offer for future photography sessions too!

Kerri · Married on 07/01/2017

Katie is absolutely amazing and I would refer her a million times over. Her attentiveness to detail is unlike any other photographer I've work work in the past. Her creative vision really made for for the most perfect engagement and wedding albums. I will be sure to use her again in the future!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Joanna · Married on 06/10/2017

We had a small ceremony in Pebble Beach and hired Katie as our photographer after reading reviews online. We had planned our wedding from across the country in Boston, and had only talked to Katie via email and on the phone. Once we met her on our wedding day, I felt like I had known her for years. She was absolutely amazing!! She was fun to work with and made me feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. We didn't have a wedding planner, as our wedding was only 30 people, but she was so organized and really helped us in that area as well. She even sent us a sneak peak of a few photos the night of the wedding (after her two hour drive back home!). After seeing those pictures, we could NOT wait to get the rest of them. Once we received our online gallery, we could not be happier! The pictures were exactly what we wanted. They are so natural and really encompass the beauty of the day- both the gorgeous scenery, and the love between us and our closest family and friends. I would recommend Katie to anyone looking for a talented, fun photographer!

Katie · Married on 05/13/2017

I seriously cannot say enough great things about Katie and her assistant Molly. They captured our day amazingly and their eye for creativity was impeccable. We are beyond stoked to have found her to shoot our wedding and I guarantee you will be too! She was so easy to work with, understood our vision, and although we barley knew she was there, she got some of the best shots we could've hoped for. She had the best balance of getting the perfect shot she wanted and still giving us the opportunity to enjoy in our day. She is R-A-D.

Sent on 08/02/2017