Kodi's Cakes Reviews

29 | Kansas City, KS

29 Reviews for Kodi's Cakes

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2012

Kodi did an AMAZING job on our wedding cake. From the very beginning of the process she was so easy to work with. She met us at a location near our house for the initial consultation and brought cake samples and photos of her work. We discussed designs and she was open to incorporating the designs from our invitations and all our other ideas. A few days later she sent us sketches of some ideas and they were perfect-exactly what was in my mind! I originally thought I wanted fondant because it looked cleaner but her buttercream is so smooth and looks amazing! She is very reasonable priced and I highly recommend her. On the wedding day she helped decorate the cake table with flowers, golf balls, golf tees, and mini golf clubs. The table looked amazing. The guests raved about her cake, they especially liked the marble with chocolate! Happy planning to everyone- I had so much fun with the whole process and working with vendors like Kodi made it so easy!,

Sent on 06/01/2012
  • W

Whitney · Married on 04/28/2012

Kodi was so easy to get in contact with from beginning to end. She provided amazing customer service and made sure that everything was perfect with both our wedding cake and grooms cake. We gave her a vague idea and she made the exact cakes that we could have ever dreamed of! We received MANY compliments from our guests on how classy our wedding cake was and how detailed and perfect our "deer hunting" grooms cake was. We have already started recommending her to our friends!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2011

I ordered my grooms cake and it came out WONDERFUL! I had her make a tennis shoe that looked like a pair my husband owns. It was such a great match, not only the look, but the colors. My husband actually put his real pair next to the cake and took a picture and people couldn't tell the difference until we pointed out that it was actually a cake! My husband was so surprised and impressed. People are still talking about how great it looked! I am asked about it all the time. I would recommend her services highly! Great Job!

Sent on 05/20/2012

Cara · Married on 11/05/2011

My experience working with Kodi couldn't have been better! She was accommodating and flexible while discussing cake options, and the cake turned out wonderfully delicious and simply beautiful. Our gorgeous cake was a great topper for our special day, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kodi's Cakes to a friend.

Sent on 04/17/2012

Jacob · Married on 09/03/2011

If your looking for the perfect cake vendor, your search is over! Kodi is truly genuine! Everything was perfect! From the tasting to our reception, everything was awesome ! Our cupcakes were amazing! The taste like no other! She is so easy to work with, and always keeps in touch with you! All of our guests loved them and a few have even placed their own orders. The Jayhawk is so cool! Cant say enough about how happy we were with her!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Katherine · Married on 09/03/2011

We picked Kodi's Cakes because her cakes looked beautiful! Well, not only were they beautiful but they were also DELICIOUS! She was very helpful in finding the design we wanted for our cake and helping us pick our flavor or not only the cake but the filling as well! She is very sweet and I can not wait to use her again for other events!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/27/2011

Kodi made 3 small cakes and cupcakes for my wedding last summer. She made the cakes/dessert table look exactly how we wanted and they all tasted wonderful! Throughout the planning process she was great to work with!!

Sent on 04/24/2012

Chelsea · Married on 07/16/2011

I LOVED our wedding cake. Kodi did exactly what we asked for! Everyone kept complementing me on how they loved they cake and how delicious it was!! I would highly recommend her and I will now go to her for every cake I need!!!

Sent on 04/16/2012

Gina · Married on 06/30/2011

Kodi's Cakes provided the groom's cake for our son's wedding. It was a surprise for him. The cake was "funfetti" cake in a 3-D old version of Willie the Wildcat. The cake was perfect, and it was delicious! Everyone loved it, but especiallly our son. There wasn't anything that could have been done differently or any better. This is the second time we have had a cake provided by Kodi's Cakes. We will definitely use them again. Thank you for making this part of his evening extra special.

Sent on 07/16/2011

Katie · Married on 06/25/2011

Kodi did such an amazing job helping to make our vision with 300 cupcakes come true.....that they tasted amazing didn't hurt either!

Sent on 10/27/2011

Melissa · Married on 05/21/2011

Kodi was creative with our cake and created exactly what we wanted. It was beautiful and so delicious -- our guests couldn't say enough about it!

Sent on 07/15/2011

Lisa · Married on 03/12/2011

Kodi is an awsome cake artist and is very knowledgeable. She loves a challenge and encourages each customer to make their cake their own. Not only do her cakes look great...they taste amazing. We all know that at a wedding reception guests love to look at the cake and better yet eat it :). As a recent customer/bride, I can tell you from experience that Kodi is the way to go. With Kodi as your cake vendor there is no reason to worry whether your cake will arrive on time or not, look amazing, and taste good. She is reliable and comes highly recommended. :)

Sent on 05/27/2011

Mackenzie · event on: 08/13/2010

The birthday cake I received from Kodi's Cakes was beautifully made, well-designed, and most importantly, absolutely delicious. Kodi's Cakes has always been one of my favorites and she did not let me down for my 30th birthday cake. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/15/2011

Erica · Married on 08/06/2010

Kodi did a perfect job with my wedding cake! The cake looked exactly like the picture I had in my mind! Many people told me later that Kodi's cake was the best they had ever eaten. She has a wide variety of flavors, so don't overlook them! My cake was alternating layers of lemon and strawberry with cream cheese filling...divine! I can't say enough good things about my experience with Kodi's Cakes. Kodi is a wonderful talent and I would highly recommend her services to any of my friends!!

Sent on 08/27/2010

Rebecca · event on: 07/24/2010

Loved working with Kodi's cakes! Excellent communication, delivery, and the cakes are AMAZING! Even though she provided a detailed drawing of what he cake would look like, I was still blown away. And, the cake tasted wonderful. The bill was exactly what the estimate predicted. Have ordered her wonderful 3-D style cakes for 3 other events. She never fails to exceed expectations.

Sent on 10/13/2011

Nikki · Married on 06/25/2010

Kodi did an amazing job! The cake was beautiful, exactly what I wanted. Kodi was very easy to work with and we got an amazing cake for a very reasonable price. She also did mints for us and they went great! I would highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 07/13/2010
  • U

Katie · Married on 06/19/2010

Kodi just did my wedding cake and our groomscake for our reception. The grooms cake was an awesome 3D Kansas jayhawk that was amazing! For the wedding cake I wanted something different so I showed Kodi a picture of my dress and said I wanted the cake to resemble it. Kodi gave me a couple sketches I said do whatever she thought would work, and the day of my wedding I saw my cake and cried. It was perfect!! Oh and her cakes taste wonderful! All the cake was gone how often does that happen!

Sent on 07/01/2010

Spenser · Married on 06/05/2010

Kodi made my wedding cake. It was so beautiful! She did such a wonderful job of making it exactly how I pictured it. I will order another cake from her for sure! I can't wait to recieve our fresh one year anniversary cake from her so I can see it again! Thank you Kodi!!

Sent on 06/23/2010
  • ErinLyn

Erin · Married on 03/20/2010

Kodi is a true professional! We described the type of cake we wanted and she created it from scratch. We did not want a normal 'wedding' cake. It was a 5-tiered cake, with each layer being a different flavor of cake. She also did the groom's cake. We are avid KU fans/grads and Kodi created a 3-D Jayhawk for the groom's cake! Kodi is very helpful and will make the cake to your liking, be sure to check her website to see all the awesome cakes she has made!

Sent on 03/26/2010

Elena · Married on 03/19/2010

Our experience with Kodi's cakes was smooth and stress free! Kodi always had quick repsonses to any inquiry I had. When I asked her to make 300 cupcakes for our wedding, she said she had never done that for a wedding, but was very confident that she could do it. SHE WAS RIGHT. Our cupcakes were beautiful and best of all tasted delicious! When I asked her to make 2 dozen of the cupcakes sugar-free, she said, "no problem." Those are the words every bride wants to hear! The price was amazing for the quaility of work you get in return. I would recommend Kodi's Cakes for any occasion!

Megan · Married on 10/10/2009

Kodi was the best!!! She has great Cakes and every one loved it.

Jennifer · Married on 04/25/2009

Kodi was great to work with, the cakes were delicious and the affordability was awesome. I have already used Kodi for other occassions and will be using her more occasions in the future as well. I highly recommend Kodi's Cakes!!!

Sent on 05/05/2010

tina · Married on 04/11/2009

The cake was perfect. It looked amazing and we got soooo many compliments on how good it tasted!

amber · Married on 11/07/2008

Kodi was Excellent!:) Her cake was a hit at my wedding! Everyone loved the different flavors of fillings i had in my cakes! I have referred her to many friends who have used her and loved her work! She is so easy to work with and her creativity is young,hip and talented! I can't wait to use her again!:)

Sent on 06/22/2010

Christina · Married on 09/06/2006

Kodi did a fantastic job on my wedding cake and groom's cake. She took the time to find out what I was really looking for and made it come together beautifully. Since my wedding, I've seen other cakes that she has made for my friends and family. I am so impressed and it is obvious that her talent grows with every cake she makes!

Sent on 05/08/2010