Knollwood Country Club Reviews

Knollwood Country Club 5
Knollwood Country Club 6
Knollwood Country Club 7

Angie · Married on 11/09/2012

I can't say enough great things about this place! The staff is unbelievably amazing; very personable and nice. Very eager to see to it that your event is all that you want it to be. My husband and I felt very comfortable with both Sue and Tricia every single time we had to connect with them. I can only hope that we have another occasion in which we would need to use their services again. Our guests loved every aspect of our event, not to mention the food! Overall FANTASTIC experience and we are extremely thankful!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Reanna · Married on 07/07/2012

We held our wedding reception in the Granada Room and it was best choice we ever made! Sue and Tricia were so helpful and patient throughout the whole process. The room was spectacular, the food was amazing and the staff was so great. Even in the last two weeks, when our guest count changed many times they accommodated our revisions. it was a huge help to me when I was in full stress mode. The grounds are beautiful and the lighting in the room with the lights in the curtains are amazing at sunset! I definitely will suggest this venue to all my friends! Thanks again Sue!!

Sent on 07/27/2012

Knollwood Country Club's reply:

Thank you Reanna!! We loved working with you both :) Hope to see some pictures soon!

Christine · event on 05/19/2012

Knollwood was PERFECT!!! I will do my son's Bar Mitzvah here in 3 years. The buffet was wonderful. The food was hot, delicious and plentiful. The hors d'oevures were wonderful and plentiful. No one felt compelled to chase the butler to get one. They just kept coming.

Sue and John (our Banquet Captain) were both fantastic, professional and did everything to make sure the night was wonderful.

I truly have no complaints about Knollwood.

Sent on 06/12/2012

merriam · event on 05/18/2012

Tricia and Sue were wonderful, helpful, friendly and professional. Also, the staff/servers were wonderful. I would recommend Knollwood Country Club to any one who is looking for a place to have a party, prom, wedding, etc.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Felice · Married on 09/04/2011

I can’t believe it has taken over two years to let everyone know how fantastic Knollwood Country Club is!!!! My husband and I looked at almost every venue from Camarillo to the Valley. When I walked in a met Sue there was not a doubt in my mind this was the place!!!! She and the Knollwood allowed me freedom to make my dream a reality!!!! The food was exceptional!! The bartender and wait staff went above and beyond!!!! They made crossing the T’s and dotting the I’s super easy!!!! Thank you !!! I still look at me pictures and think.. Wow what an AMAZING day!!!!!

Felice James

Sent on 10/02/2013

Jenny · Married on 08/22/2010

Great service! Great Value! Absolutely perfect! We got married on August 22, 2010. The location felt very private and intimate. Our coordinator, Sue, was so great. She helped us iron out the details for our wedding, gave wonderful suggestions for both the reception and ceremony and was very responsive to all our questions (and believe me, there were several). I actually looked at several venues before finally booking Knollwood and in my opinion, you could not find a better value. We got lots of compliments from our friends and family, which means a whole lot to me because my family is very hard to please. The bartenders and staff were super friendly. They provided wonderful service. For instance, they provided water for our guests since it was about 90 degrees outside. One of the waiters even came outside during the cocktail hour and made sure I was fed before taking pictures (as a bride, you love this because you are worried about so many other things, you forget to eat). Everything was so great and I seriously can't thank Knollwood enough.

Sent on 08/27/2010

Kelly · Married on 09/21/2013

Our wedding was wonderful!! Sue was an absolute dream to work with! She was so professional and so organized. Everything went so great! the only mishaps were that the cake was not served right away after we cut it and there were 3 people that crashed the event. They took advantage of the open bar and actually tried to come in on to the dance floor.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Martha Peggye · Married on 08/31/2012

This was a perfect venue for my son's wedding. The country club is lovely, private, and only hosts 1 main event each evening. Thus, there are no conflicts with other events. The event staff are efficient, quite helpful, punctual, and professional. The outside wedding ceremony area and picture area provided our photographer with beautiful landscaping for all the photography. The caterer provided a high quality buffet, exactly to our specifications and the food was delicious. Overall, I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a place for a afternoon or evening formal or semi-formal event.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Kelleylynn · Married on 05/20/2012

Absolutely loved this venue! The ceremony site looked great and the reception was absolutely beautiful. The room is huge and can accommodate a number of tables without feeling overcrowded or crammed. The only issue I had was that when it came time for my rehearsal the flexibility wasn't what I hoped for. Unfortunately we had to have a "semi" rehearsal on a Wednesday night when half of the bridal party could not attend due to work or some prior engagements they had already had in place for quite a while. However, in the end everything worked out beautifully. Tricia is amazing! I absolutely adore her and she was very attentive and would reply to all of my e-mails quickly. The food was excellent. The venue was absolutely perfect because the ceremony site is right off the room where we had our reception and was easy access to go outside and have a drink or for those who smoke. Definitely would recommend this venue to family and friends.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Melissa · Married on 05/05/2012

My wedding was absolutely wonderful. The venue looked beautiful, staff were more than helpful in planning out everything prior to the big day and on the day of, the food was amazing and over all I think every one had an amazing time.

Sent on 05/18/2012

Nancy · Married on 10/04/2014

Best place to have a reception! The staff are very professional and answer to your emails/calls in a timely manner. It made my wedding planning smoothly, especially being 3,000 miles away. Planning my wedding reception with Sue and Tricia was great because they responded to my emails/calls. They are both organized. Sue was able to arrange the food tasting when I was in town. Knollwood is nice inside, has windows, big parking lot, good location, and a big dance floor. It had everything I was looking for in a reception. The day of the wedding the staff were very attentive and made my wedding day go smoothly. They were on time for dinner service, cake cutting, etc.. Thank you Knollwood Country Club :)

Sent on 10/09/2014
  • W

wendy · Married on 09/26/2014

This venue is amazing! The staff is so helpful with all the planning and prepping that day. I also held a ceremony rehearsal and Tricia was very helpful! The food was delicious! I chose to have the petite dinner buffet and all my guests absolutely loved the food! I would definitely recommend this place to everyone!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Melyssa · Married on 04/12/2014

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at Knollwood and could not be happier. All of our guests have been raving about how much fun our event was. We had shopped around and found Knollwood to be the best value for the size and we were not wrong. The food was fantastic, the ceremony was beautiful, and the drinks were flowing throughout the night. Sue and Tricia were truly amazing throughout everything. Thank you both for helping to make our day so wonderful. :)

Sent on 04/26/2014

Nicole · Married on 04/04/2014

This venue is naturally beautiful. I did not have to bring in much decor to beautify this hall and outdoor ceremony area. Nature did its job well! I got married on April 4, 2014. My ceremony was 20 minutes long outside on the green ceremony site followed by 45-50 minute cocktail hour and then a sit down dinner reception in the main hall (Petite buffet food was delicious!) I cannot imagine it in the months of May-October where everything will come alive with more color! The main hall I used has a disco ball and draping that is already included. My colors were gold and dark teal. The hall complemented my theme perfectly! I brought in colorful spot lights to enhance the hall.
    Even though my wedding day was no more than 70 degrees outside (unpredictable California weather in April) it was beautiful. I actually embraced the cool breeze to relax my nerves on that day as I married.
    Sue & Tricia were always so wonderful & responsive with myself & my wedding planner, Jordan Helo from start to finish.

The only issue I would have would be that the coffee and hot tea was placed on the tables before guests got there. I get the concept and its less of a hassle but during the cake cutting and dessert time guests complained that those "hot" beverages were cold. Also the fact that they do not allow outside alcohol as did a few other venues allowed while venue searching. they only allow outside bottled wine at a corkage fee per bottle which is understandable. These could probably be the only things that comes to mind that they could improve.

So blessed to have the bridal room to get ready---saved a lot of time, money and hassle on the day of. The beautiful bar right outside the hall was perfect for guests to walk over to. The set up is very convenient for guests: outdoor patio, bar area, lobby, reception hall & plenty of bathrooms.
    Everything was beautiful and I highly recommend to anyone Knollwood Country Club for their wedding or event.

Sent on 05/05/2014
  • F

Fernando · Married on 03/24/2013

Had our wedding ceremony and reception here and it was great. The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious and the onsite staff is amazing. They were on top of everything and on time for special request. The Bartender Andy was awesome very friendly and mixes strong drinks. The only reason we would give a lower score on professionalism is due to no wedding coordinator being present for the ceremony portion of our wedding, as stated in our contract. Overall though, everything turned out perfect. We had a good experience throughout the whole process.

Sent on 04/08/2013
  • User2493050 · event on 06/07/2012

Tricia & Sue were gr8 to work with! We had 200 guests ranging in age from 4 - 80 for our Christa McAuliffe Scholarship dinner banquet. The grand "ballroom" was beautifully set-up in a patriotic red/white/blue decor. The banquet waiters are amazing: they served children chicken...adults got marsala chicken or primavera pasta dinners...all delicious! Dessert was chocolate mousse for adults & ice cream sundaes for kids. Can't say enough about what a wonderful evening it was. Everyone was pleased! Thank you Tricia/Sue/Knollwood CC Banquet Waiters. Judy T., Chair, UTLA/Christa McAuliffe Memorial Scholarship Fund

Sent on 06/18/2012

Shannon · Married on 07/17/2010

WOW!!! Did my wedding turn out absolutley gorgeous at Knollwood Country Club. You may notice that Knollwood is rather established and been around for quite sometime, however with the right vendors your wedding could be immaculate with the breathtaking golf course view and remodeled ballroom and bar. Sue, the coordinator, is amazing and will do everything in her power to make sure you have the wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 08/10/2010

Jacqueline · Married on 07/20/2018

We booked Knollwood for our wedding on July 20th. Since the beginning there was communication with the staff at Knollwood making it an easier and less stressful experience while planning for the wedding. Me and my husband were very pleased with how great our wedding turned out. Our guests were very happy as well. The staff that helped us out for the reception were amazing. Overall, I would recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Knollwood Country Club 8
    Knollwood Country Club 9

stacy · Married on 10/03/2015

I had my reception here, everyone loved it!

Sent on 12/06/2015

My fiance and I had a hard time figuring out where to have our reception. Knollwood was close to the location we wanted and we had checked another country club nearby and they had the better price so we went with them. They also had a summer promotion going which we took. Sue is absolutely knowledgeable, professional and such a sweet person. She was very helpful when first signing up and then going through our final details. She went on maternity leave and the new girls who took over were also very sweet - not as seasoned as Sue so I didn't rely too heavily on them but they were both super friendly and nice! This place is a well-oiled machine - everything got taken care of without hiccups. The food for the reception was prompt and freshly made and tasted great. The only thing I saw which was a bit of a disappointment were the needles littered on the outdoor lawn where the outdoor ceremony was. Granted it was a windy day so maybe they had and the winds blew them onto the lawn again but that was one detail which would have made it perfect! Overall, I'm happy to have had it there and the reception hall looked beautiful~!!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Knollwood was great! We only had our wedding reception there and it was the nicest most affordable venue we could find. The food was great and the space was great with full height windows along one side and a large dance floor. They were super flexible and accommodating, letting us have a partial open/partial cash bar. We were also able to bring our own appetizers in. Even though we brought our own cake, they still served it for us.

In terms of service, only a couple of things. The servers forgot to serve my husband and I champagne at the sweetheart table so we had to wave a couple of friends down to bring us glasses for the toasts since our glasses were empty.

Secondly, we also had bought a smaller wedding cake and had 2 sheet cakes in the back to supplement. When it was time to cut the cake, for some unexplainable reason, they thought they should bring the "extra" sheet cakes to the front so I had to tell them take them back to the kitchen. Then when serving the wedding cake, they started cutting the sheet cakes and serving that instead of serving the actual wedding cake first. One of my bridesmaids had to go to the back to tell them to start with the wedding cake first so that it wouldn't look weird for them to be serving cake but not have the wedding cake cut at all.

Other than that, the venue was perfect. Sue and Tricia were great to work with!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Brittane · Married on 06/07/2014

The venue was great. I had my wedding here June 5th. From the beginning when I first started looking for a place Sue was so helpful. They worked with my budget and made sure all my questions were answJered. Once I booked it, Madison and Courtney were amazing. They helped me through the entire process. Thank you ladies for helping me make my day special. You guys were flexible and the reception hall was beautiful. I would definitely recommend Knollwood country club for other Brides.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Hila Diaz · Married on 07/20/2019

Dream Come True

This place went was everything we wanted and more. The staff and team were absolutely amazing, exceeded our expectations and totally had a package that worked well for all of us on a budget that still wanted an extra bang for our buck. My day was beautiful, the food was excellent and having a cake and speciality dessert bar included in our package made the night even more sweet!!! I felt totally chill and comfortable the day of, I was completely taken care of as was my husband. Most importantly they made sure we ate and were 100% available to us at all times. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Heather · Married on 09/20/2014

Knollwood is a beautiful venue to get married at. The price is great and the people that work there are very nice and helpful. They were avail when I needed them and never seemed annoyed by me :) Thank you knollwood and staff for making my wedding such a memorable day! Heather Z

Sent on 10/02/2014

molly · Married on 10/10/2009

The staff was incredibly helpful in the planning stage and very accommodating. Everything was set up perfectly, and we had no problems.

Sent on 11/04/2009