Knoll Country Club Reviews

88 | Parsippany, NJ

88 Reviews for Knoll Country Club

I recently got married at The Knoll, and they did a wonderful wonderful job. I could not have been more pleased as to how the night turned on. Cocktail hour was great with all the food I did not even get to eat all of it but it was freaking delicious. Dinner was wonderful. The whole night went very smooth, Louis did a great job. The hall was beautiful. I was very ify as to how it was going to look I have it planned out in my head like every other bride but this place look above and beyond and did a great job. Well worth every penny. (We paid right about 20 grand it just would not let me put that into the information above.)

Sent on 06/16/2014

Room was beautiful and clean.. good lighting. Night went smoothly with the help of our maitre d. Our guests still rave about the great food and how cool it was that the waiters came out with the french white glove service to plate everyones food as they were sitting. Everyone ate at the same time and then got back to the dance floor. Good timing. Thanks for everything Knoll

Sent on 02/18/2016

Christiann · Married on 06/30/2013

Knoll Country Club is a wonderful venue with an outdoor gazebo and beautiful grounds which were ideal for my outdoor wedding. We could hear the golfers a bit since it was a Sunday early afternoon wedding, but it was no big deal. Louis Leone, the event coordinator, is very kind and responsive. The food was excellent! All of our guests raved about the cocktail hour, dinner, and dessert! We had been concerned with some of the maintenance of the building, but our concerns were handled nicely and repairs were done just in time for our wedding. I was blessed with a fabulous wedding day, in large part due to the Knoll! :)

Sent on 07/11/2013

Christiann · Married on 06/30/2013

Knoll country club west was a perfect spot for our outdoor wedding with gazebo and gorgeous grounds. All of our guests raved about the food in cocktail hour and reception. The white glove French service was wonderful. Love that cocktail hour is in a separate large room with plenty of seating. Nice big dance floor in ballroom. We had been concerned with some building maintenance issues but most was taken care of and painted before our wedding so we appreciate that. The modern/antique style was really cool. Love all the windows. Louis Leone was great to work with-very sweet!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Michael · Married on 12/13/2003

Our experience with the Knoll was great. Kip was the most respectful and detailed coordinator I have ever met. We have since recommended the Knoll to several of our friends.

Sent on 06/17/2008

My husband and I got married on 11/1 and had the most wonderful experience! Since initially booking with Rafael, he was available every step of the way for any questions I had.. sometimes multiple ones in the same day! The day of the event everything went flawlessly, as my ceremony was in the same room as the reception. They were able to transform the room above and beyond my expectations. The food was absolutely delicious and all of my guests had an amazing time!

Sent on 12/15/2014

great job, i would recommend to a friend

Sent on 02/02/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/18/2009

4.2
      3.0

I was married at the Knoll East. The room was absolutely gorgeous, the tent was amazing and the views were breathtaking! I will say that I did have some trouble with getting a hold of manager and he forgot to book my rehearsal. They did end up fixing the problem, but it did not help my nerves the day before my wedding. The actual day went off without a hitch though. The matre' d helped out with everything, the food was great and everyone had a great time. Overall I would recommend them, but dont be surprised if there are a few bumps in the road.

Sent on 12/27/2009

After looking at 18 venue (yes, 18!), we went with the Knoll because it has a beautiful outdoor ceremony space as well as a lovely indoor space (in case the weather doesn't cooperate). They also only do one wedding at a time which was important to me. I'm so glad we chose the Knoll! The venue is beautiful and lends itself to some great outdoor pictures. The space was also the perfect size for our wedding (about 200 people) since the cocktail room is a good size and the party room can hold 275-300 people (it's helpful that they don't have to use the same space for the cocktail area and party room). I was very pleased with the food and drinks - cocktail hour is great and the number/location of the bars was also good. My friends still talk about the cocktail hour and the dessert buffet and it has been months! Overall, the service was great during the wedding and during the planning. There were a few times emails/calls were not answered during the planning process and I had to follow up but in general Kyp/Rafael were responsive and ensured my day went smoothly. One thing to be aware of is that there is a Knoll East and West and sometimes guests get confused about this. In general, thrilled I picked the Knoll and everything went smoothly.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Aristea · Married on 06/18/2006

2.5

Everything was absolutely wonderful. The food was amazing! The location was beautiful! The only downfall is PLEASE KEEP ALL PERSONAL ITEMS CLOSE.

Like every bride, at the end of the night I took off my shoes and left them right in front of my table. In my wedding video you see them there the whole time. UNTIL SOMEONE STOLE THEM!!!! I went back the next day and noone fessed up to taking them or seeing them. I have been sooo upset. PLEASE KEEP ALL THINGS CLOSE!!!!

Sent on 05/26/2009

Irina · Married on 07/15/2006

3.8
      3.5

We had an excellent experience with minor concerns. Overall it was a great experience, the only glitch was that we were supposed to have a choice of entree at the table for our guests, instead they gave all of our guests a combo plate of steak and chciken, which was great except there were several guests that did not care for the combo and would have preferred to select their meal. Also, the manager was supposed to be our matre 'd for the night, but there was a last minute substitution of someone I did not know and was not as comfortable with.

Sent on 09/27/2008

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

During the planning of the wedding the Knoll guaranteed us the option of 3 dinner choices. After the wedding we found out from our guest they were served all the same meal with no options given. Also all the tables were being served at different times. We were told we would have 3 bars and we were only given 2 which ended up causing lines. In addition, most of the time there were no servers at the bar. There was a good 15 minutes where there was no one serving. In the Bridal Suite we were told there would be some appetizers in the room and we weren't given any of the appetizers that we picked for the cocktail hour. For the cocktail hour some of our hot dishes were not refilled causing some guest to complain to us after our wedding. We also had the caviar station with the ice sculpture with chilled vodkas. We were told someone would be serving the vodkas to our guests. Half way through the cocktail hour guests didn't know we had that option until we said something so they had to serve themselves. Some of the wait staff didn't tend to the tables leaving glasses empty and not refilling water or cleaning the tables. The wait staff didn't introduce themselves to the table they were serving and no one knew who their assigned waiter was. We also paid for an additional person after we made our last payment and we were told the balance will be sent back to us. We still never received our change back from our added guest. Overall we were satisfied with the service. However we were let down on these areas and the biggest disappointment was the lack of choices for dinners.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Knoll Country Club's reply:

With all do respect to this client and their wedding I am compelled to respond to this review.

We had and have always presented a DUET entree' of Tenderloin of beef and boneless breast of chicken prepared to the recipe of Chateaubriand and Chicken Francaise...OR...Herb Encrusted Tilapia with a Champagne Citrus Sauce...OR...Vegetarian Dish, Chef Selection.

We take dinner orders of the DUET or Tilapia..OR.. Vegetarian requests when the guests enter the dinning room.

A person would never wait 15 minutes (one quarter of an hour) at the Dinning room bar(s) for a bartender. On occasion that a bartender leaves their bar to retrieve a needed item from the liquor room for a guest it would never be longer than 5 minutes.

The Maitre d' or floor Captains will be fully aware if this and would intervene if longer time is required to attend to this specific guest request.

Most Brides and Grooms mingle with their family and friends during the Cocktail Hour...in the event that at a spur of the moment they desire to spend their time alone in the Bridal Suite then a Captain would expedite this request most efficiently!

Our Caviar Vodka Station happens to be a "Fun Food Station" so we allow the guests to have fun with the station by allowing them to use the complimentary Ice Sculpture as a Vodka Luge! The components of this station are replenished.

There are at least TWO Captains replenishing the Hot and Cold food stations during the cocktail hour as well as the Parisienne Table of Desserts during that time of menu service.

Our Dinning Room Service is White Glove French Service which provides many Dinning room benefits one of which is "Table Neatness." To describe briefly the tables are CLEAR of Bread Baskets, Butter Boats, Bottles, Carafes and Pitchers with a constant service of folding napkins and filling up water glasses...constantly!!

If and when a refund is due to the client, it is always mailed to the clients address after the event is served.

2.8
      2.0
      3.0

This is a mixed review from my daughter's wedding, which I'm giving with hopes that it will help others have a better experience with this vendor. First, the good: the food got amazing raves from guests! And it was actually hot, a great accomplishment when serving over 100 people.

If you check it out, you will see that this venue is tired looking and not very well maintained. When my daughter and I first met with the wedding coordinator in the Spring, the exterior was especially in need of care. The massive front steps were dingy & dirty and back patio in disarray. My concerns were dismissed, but the appearance was okay by the wedding day.

The biggest issues had to do with the outdoor wedding ceremony. Unbelievably, loud golf carts were allowed to roam the area so closely that it was disruptive. I understand it is a golf club, but during the 30-45 minutes of a wedding ceremony, golf carts should absolutely be prohibited from operating close enough to be heard. On top of that, the wedding coordinator should have helped ensure that the sound system would adequately transmit so everyone could hear. Because this was not done, only the first couple rows of guests actually heard any of the ceremony. The golf cart noise and poor sound was very disappointing and embarrassing because our guests should have had a better experience during the most important part of the wedding...and it was the venue's fault. I do hope they correct these things for future clients having outdoor ceremonies.

Sent on 03/12/2015