KLP HAIR & MAKEUP DESIGNS Reviews

106 | Newtown, PA

106 Reviews for KLP HAIR & MAKEUP DESIGNS

106 KLP HAIR & MAKEUP DESIGNS Reviews

Kolleen · Married on 11/23/2017

Kristen is the BEST!!! First of all, she is a life saver. I reached out to her just days before my Thanksgiving Day wedding. She responded within minutes and agreed to come do hair and makeup for me and the girls in my family....on Thanksgiving Day!! She showed up early to set up and I knew immediately that she was a good decision. Kristen is super cool and down to earth. She made everything so easy and fun and just comfortable. But most importantly, she is extremely talented! My hair and makeup turned out flawless. I felt so pretty and could not be happier! My hair and makeup lasted all night and the pictures came out absolutely beautiful. I could not have asked for more. I would recommend Kristen to anyone and will never use anyone else for any other events that may arise. She is simply awesome!!!

Jennifer · Married on 08/26/2017

Kristen is the best! She did my hair for my friends wedding and I immediately booked her for my own wedding once I saw her work. I have curly hair and she used my natural curls creating a beautiful vintage bridal up-do for me. We chatted a few times before the wedding and she made me feel so comfortable about the day. She styled all of my bridesmaids and her sister did their make-up so beautifully. They both made everyone look gorgeous and created the perfect look that each bridesmaid was going for. I was nervous about timing and we ended up ahead of schedule! Thanks KLP!!!

CHRISTIE · Married on 07/08/2017

Love Kristen!! From the trial a few weeks before, I knew I had picked the right person to do my hair for my wedding. Kristen was super easy to work with and provided her professional opinion, while leaving the final decision to me. The morning of the wedding she was right on time, bright and early, to handle the hair for my 6 bridesmaids, myself, and 2 flower girls. I loved how comfortable all the girls were while working with Kristen, and the big smiles they had when showing off the finished product. Even better, Kristen found the perfect way to style my 4 and 7 year-old flower girls that fit their age but was also elegant and modern. It was a very warm day and some of my bridesmaids were nervous about going with an up-do but Kristen nailed it. We were done ahead of schedule and to top it all off, I had a beautiful handmade hair accessory for my reception. Could not have worked out any better! Thank you, Kristen!!!

Lauren · Married on 12/31/2016

Kristen and Alexa are amazing! We have been fortunate to secure them early enough for most family weddings over the years! I was so honored to have them do my own wedding this past New Years Eve and was so impressed with all of the thoughtful planning they put in to the scheduling of 15 girls in a window of 4 hours and even more so how amazing everyone looked. Kristen personally styled me and took extra time with me during my trial and on the day of to make sure everything was perfect. I can be a tough critic and hard to please when it comes to my hair and makeup and Kristen was open to any tweaks and very patient with me. Best of all, she brought creative ideas to me and spent time thinking through different styles and makeup looks that I might like. Lastly, they’re a blast to be around and make an effort to make the morning of your wedding special. I can’t thank them enough and would recommend them to anyone without hesitation!

Kelsey · Married on 11/05/2016

I absolutely loved working with Kristen for my wedding on October 29, 2016. She made everything so easy and fun and everyone loved my hair and makeup as well as my 4 bridesmaids, 2 maids of honor and my mom's gorgeous beauty styles! I had a really awful experience with an on-location artist before meeting Kristen and she totally put me at ease. She was always available when I was super indecisive about how I wanted my hair to look and was so flexible with scheduling trials and helping to plan for my wedding day. We got ready at my parent's home and she was there bright and early and kept everyone on schedule, she even had time to add in an extra service for my sister! Kristen is so fun and sweet and I cannot thank her enough for her wonderful hair and makeup services!!

Jen · Married on 09/03/2016

Kristen was wonderful! I contacted her back in March for my September wedding and she was very responsive from the start and was worked with me with scheduling and all my many questions throughout the process. On the day of the wedding she was quick and efficient and did beautiful work. Me and my bridemaids received many compliments on our hair and makeup and were thrilled with the job that was done. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

Elise · Married on 08/06/2016

Kristen was INCREDIBLE. She was able to provide a gorgeous hair and make up look for my mother in law (who doesnt speak english), and then turned me into an f'ing QUEEN. The entire time, Kristen made sure I was happy and comfortable with what she was doing. Kristen was happy to take direction or just do her own thing. She made my hair and make up look EXACTLY how I wanted. She was also a blast to have in the room with my friends as we were getting ready. Kristen is HANDS DOWN the most fantastic one stop shop for all beauty needs on your wedding day! I couldnt have been happier with her services!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/19/2016

From my trial to my big day, Kristen made sure that I was not only okay with my look but the absolute vision of what I imagined of myself for my big day. Despite finding a new do for my big day than I had selected for my trial, Kristen ensured that we got exactly where I wanted and that I was thrilled with my look and I truly was. Being someone who typically does not like herself dolled up, it was an unbelievable feeling to be so thrilled with my look after Kristen was done with me. Kristen and her girls came and did make up and hair for my entire bridal party of 8 as well as my mom, several aunts and my grandmother and had everyone done in plenty of time for pictures and looked absolutely stunning! Thank you KLP Hair & Makeup! <3 <3

Kaitlin · Married on 01/15/2016

Kristin was amazing!! I had gone on one makeup/hair trial with another person and I had a terrible experience. My cousin passed me Kristin's info as she did an amazing job on her wedding. My sisters and I drove to Kristin's house for the trail and had such a great time - she 100% eased all my worries about hair/makeup and really took the time to listen to my concerns/needs. We booked her right there on the spot! The wedding day went super smoothly - I of course was stressed but Kristin helped put my mind at ease. Everything turned out awesome and I would definitely recommend KLP to anyone looking for hair & makeup!

Kristen is truly amazing at what she does. I had seen the work of KLP designs at another wedding I was in and knew that I wanted to use them for my own wedding. When I first reached out to Kristen she immediately got back to me and answered all of my questions about the wedding and as the wedding got closer she was very flexible when it came to setting up a time for trials. She was always very easy to get a hold of and as the wedding got closer she made sure to get me a schedule so that all the girls would be done on time. Not only did she arrive early but she brings so much fun energy and makes you feel like her number one priority. She did make up for 6 bridesmaids, mother of the bride and the bride and every single one of us looked gorgeous. I would absolutely recommend Kristen to any bride planning her wedding! Thanks again Kristen!

Nicole · Married on 11/07/2015

Kristen was amazing!!! She was so knowledgeable about what would look good on my and I was beyond pleased with the makeup and hair that she did for my wedding - not to mention she made all of my bridesmaids beautiful! I had an extremely helpful trial before the wedding and the day of could not have gone more smooth. She arrived on time and ready to go. She was even able to convince my Nana (who never, ever wears makeup) to put on a little blush and lipstick. Everyone looked naturally beautiful!! I was so happy with how my hair looked and it latest the entire evening!! My makeup and hair was perfect and I could not have asked for more! Kristen was the best!!!

Kristen is incredible. I honestly can't believe she can do such amazing work in such a short amount of time. First, she is professional and prompt to respond. She makes you feel like YOU are a priority. She can do ANYTHING. My wedding day was stress free and we even had tons of EXTRA time because she worked so fast and efficiently. I have no idea how she pulls of such chic and trendy styles in like 10 minutes. She's a great guide and truly loves what she does. My wedding was during a category 3 hurricane and Kristen was early and didn't miss a beat. She even came to the venue prior to the ceremony for touchups because of the wind and rain. SO MUCH TALENT. Please book KLP for your wedding!

Kristy · Married on 08/01/2015

Kristen was amazing! My hair and makeup was gorgeous as was my bridesmaids! I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding she did hair and makeup for years ago and I knew then that I had to book her when I got married. I'm so glad she was available! I wasn't able to do the trial run because I live out of state, but I showed her my ideas and she was able to create exactly what I wanted. She was courteous, professional, responded quickly to all of my emails, and she arrived early on my wedding day ready to go. She is worth every penny!

Jill · Married on 07/17/2015

Kristen was amazing!!! I wasnt ever available for a trial run but knew I was in good hands because I had seen the work she did last year for my friends wedding, and boy was I right!! I showed her a few pictures from Pinterest and without any problem she was able to recreate the exact style and look I was going for. My bridesmaids absolutely loved Kristens work too! She was so easy to get along with and made it fun! The girls were shocked by her creativity and at how quickly she was able to complete their hair styles. I also highly recommend the hair brushed make-up which was also fabulous!

Kristen, thank you sooooo much for helping make my day so perfect and amazing. I felt beautiful and confident in the pictures because of you! I can't wait to work with you again soon as I'll be referring you to all of my friends!!

KLP was amazing to work with. I initially was going to utilize a different vendor, but had a bad trial myself and during my moms trial, she had an allergic reaction and her face swelled. Even though I was only a month out from my Wedding, I switched vendors to KLP. They accommodated my last minute request for 1 bride, 2 moms and 9 bridesmaids. My trial went very well and we were more than thrilled with how the pictures came out at our wedding. Even my mom had a wonderful experience and looked amazing! I would absolutely use them again and highly recommend them. Lexa and Jaclyn were just wonderful to work with! I initially spoke with Kristin who helped set everything up and I really appreciate her helping me out. She understood my stressful situation as a bride a month before her wedding not knowing if she had a company to do her makeup. I appreciate that more than words can express!

Kristen is amazing! As an Asian (Chinese) bride, I was worried if I could get the type of makeup that fits me. Kristen nailed it! I'm happy about the makeup I got for my wedding. Kristen is open to communication and she did a great job for my wedding makeup! Kristen is very professional, friendly and experienced.

Holly · Married on 05/02/2015

If you're looking for your bridal party and yourself to be the best looking bridal party ever than Kristen is the girl to call! I swear on everything! Not only is doing make up and hair her passion but she genuinely has a huge heart as a person and truly cares that her bride and bridal party are 100% happy. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she not only nailed the look but went above and beyond and made it look even better than I could have ever imagined. If you're looking to not stress out and have your hair and make up on point for your wedding you better give Kristen a call asap!

Donna · Married on 04/25/2015

I had the pleasure of having Kristen do a trial hairstyle along with make up a few weeks prior to my son and daughter in laws wedding. I have to say, Kristen is a natural!!
    Kristen took her time, showed me a few different ways to capture the look that I was looking for. She pinned, unpinned and re pinned till she got it exactly the way she wanted it. She took her time, thought things out and at the end, I was thrilled with her results.
    Kristen travelled to Riviera Maya with the wedding guests, she did hair and make up for the bride, her mom and myself. We started at 9am and she performed her magic. The 3 of us were so delighted with the results. There wasn't a hair out of place, it was like we were her canvas and she was the artist while doing our make up. We looked flawless! Mexico, as you know, can be hot and humid, Kristen had all of the tools of the trade to combat any situation we were up against.
    I should also mention, I have alopecia areata, which is an auto immune problem that causes hair loss which leaves you with sort of round bald spots. You would never know this problem was going on when you got to see what Kristen did to my hair. All of the guests raved over her work after seeing the 3 of us.
    I HIGHLY recommend Kristen to any one who wants to look extra special for a special occasion, or simply a night out. I have a trip planned for New York with some friends and I am thinking this may be the time to call on Kristen to feel beautiful again!!
    Kristen definitely deserves 5+ stars for our experience

shazia · Married on 04/24/2015

I had a Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico and used Kristen for multiple events and services; Trial Hair/Makeup, Wedding Day Hair/Makeup for myself and 3 others, and for my Underwater Trash the Dress shoot.

Trial Hair/Makeup - Kristen asked me to come to the trail with some ideas and picture of hairstyles/makeup. I wanted to try 2 different hair styles and Kristen was all for it. She was very patient and professional throughout the trial. I felt that she genuinely wanted me to LOVE my hair and feel exceptionally beautiful. When I looked in the mirror with my hair/makeup done, I started tearing because I indeed felt gorgeous and finally felt like a bride.

Wedding Day - Kristen put a schedule together with a suggested start time for each person. She allowed me to review it and make any changes, which i didn't have to. She made sure she had enough time with each person but never went over to ensure it did not run into my time slot. Kristen worked for hours and wouldn't take a break until she was all finished. We set a 30 minute lunch time slot before I started, but instead of eating she wanted to touch up the 3 others before she started on me. She is a machine! I could tell she really loves what she does and wants everyone to feel gorgeous. I was worried about my mom because she never had her hair and makeup done before the wedding so it meant the world to me for her to feel like the beautiful woman she is. The makeup was very natural and made everyone look like an enhanced version of themselves. I look back at my wedding photos and I love every one of them. I felt beautiful all night and the pictures reflected that.

Trash the Dress - The photo shoot started at 8am and Kristen did not mind at all. She was in my room at 5am sharp to do my hair and makeup. Kristen used high quality products because my makeup never ran or messed up during the shoot. The photos are breathtaking and a memory we will have forever. Thank you Kristen!

Molly · Married on 04/11/2015

The best! Kristen was in touch with me every step of the way and was able to answer any question I had. I had a relatively large bridal party (7 girls plus my mom and me) and my ceremony started at 1pm so I was very concerned it wouldn't work out. Amy and Elizabeth arrived at my parents house at 7am and everyone was done by 12. I was amazing. Everyone looked absolutely stunning and the hair and makeup lasted all night. Only touch-ups needed were our lips. Such a great experience!

Holly · Married on 03/07/2015

Kristen is AMAZING!!!! I cannot say enough about her. She is incredibly talented and fun to work with. She created the most beautiful looks for my seven bridesmaids, mom and myself. She is prompt in her replies and genuinely cares about doing what's right for her clients, dropping what she was doing at the last minute to buy more extensions when I showed her a pic of the hairstyle I wanted. To say she knows what she's doing is a complete understatement. I had some very hard to please ladies in my group, myself included, and at the end of the morning everyone was happy. I'm extremely critical of myself and was definitely nervous that I wouldn't be entirely satisfied on this most important day. When Kristen was finished with me, I couldn't believe my eyes. She made the image in my mind a reality. She gave me a gift that no one else could- she made me feel gorgeous on my wedding day and I'm so grateful to her. The second artist she brought along was amazing as well. She was an absolute doll who was also incredibly talented. I wish I could have these ladies make me up everyday! Thank you both for sharing you special gift with us.

Jaclyn did my makeup for my wedding and I could not have been happier. She did an amazing job! She was extremely patient and listened to what each of my bridesmaid's and the mother's wanted done and everyone was so happy. She made sure my makeup was flawless and worked with my photographer to make sure that it photographed well! We were running late the whole day but she stayed calm and assured me everything would get done and the day turned out to be perfect. Thank you so much! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 05/23/2015

KLP HAIR & MAKEUP DESIGNS's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! You looked stunning and I was so honored to be a part of your special day! xo

Kate · Married on 12/13/2014

I suggest that you book Kristen IMMEDIATELY. From the moment I met her at my hair/make-up trial, I felt instantly comfortable with her. I am personally not a big make-up guru and she nailed the look I wanted perfectly. My hair looked AMAZING as well. She gave me tons of feedback/opinions regarding the look I was going for and I had complete faith that she would not disappoint on my big day. Fast forwarding to the morning of my wedding, Kristin was one of the greatest assets to that day. Aside from my entire bridal party LOVING their hair and make-up, she added so much to the overall atmosphere of that morning. She arrived before her scheduled time and was ready to go! She has such a down to earth personality and kept everything/everyone on schedule. She works quickly, yet proficiently; it is unlike anything I have ever seen before. There was an unforeseen “circumstance” (for lack of better words) regarding the hair of one of the young girls in the bridal party and Kristen handled the entire situation with such professionalism. She kept me calm as I was on the verge of a “bridal meltdown” and totally kept me laughing the entire morning. She worked wonderfully with the 2 year old flower girl and was even able to please my 90 year old grandmother in the looks department. Looking back, I am so thankful that I booked her and guarantee that you will not be disappointed with her work. Thank you again, Kristen!!

Eunice · Married on 11/15/2014

It was such a pleasure working with Kristen! The whole process of getting in touch, doing a trial run, and the morning of the wedding was super easy and so great!

The trial run was done at her home and she was super welcoming and made me feel totally comfortable. I didn't have an exact hair style in mind but had a few pictures that I hoped would be helpful, and immediately she knew what she wanted to try out (at my request). She talked me through all her decisions, asking me what I liked and didn't like, if it was too tight or too loose, etc. and I loved the end result. On the morning of the wedding she knew exactly how to start out, and we continued to talk while she worked and the final product was a little different than we originally planned but that was perfectly fine because we were talking about it and checking the entire time. I loved my updo!

Because I had 8 ladies getting hair and makeup done the morning of the wedding I decided to book Kristen just for hair and went with another person for makeup. But I didn't need to worry about running over time - Kristen came right on time to the hotel, ready with her equipment and got right to work. My bridesmaids all commented on how talented, efficient, and professional she was (especially working with all of our different types of hair and requests-- completely alone!)

Side note - the hairspray she uses smells SO GOOD. One of my bridesmaids went out and bought one for herself after the wedding (unfortunately I don't remember the name).

If you're looking for someone who can do everything, make you look and feel amazing, and do all that while being very up-front about cost-- Kristen is your stylist!

Natalie · Married on 09/27/2014

I am a makeup hobbyist, and after searching through the many different makeup artists on this website I was underwhelmed. I chose KLP Hair & Makeup designs because they were really the only business in my area whose makeup portfolio impressed me. I am so glad that I chose KLP, because the whole experience was a pleasure. Not only did I feel the most beautiful on my wedding day, but Alexa did the same for all my bridesmaids and my mother in law.

The business owner, Kristen and her sister Alexa both have very impressive makeup education credentials and Alexa's kit was very well rounded and complete. Kristen was in constant contact with me throughout our planning process, and Alexa was so accepting of any changes I wanted to make to the look. KLP's website is professional and they give you pricing up front...which is almost unheard of. I found the prices to be very reasonable in comparison with other artists in the area, and the girls will travel to your venue for a minimum amount of services.

Although we didn't have hair done with KLP, I'm sure their hair skills also speak for themselves. I'm extremely pleased with the services I got from KLP!