Kiss and Makeup Reviews

Kiss and Makeup 4
Kiss and Makeup 5
Kiss and Makeup 6

Amy · Married on 09/01/2012

Love love love Micaela! She flew to Little Rock during Hurricane Isaac and did mine, my mothers, my aunts and my entire bridal party! She was phenomenal and I loved everything about her work. She was very flexible and accommodating as I was a nervous wreck all day!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Kari · Married on 05/20/2012

I had my makeup done for my wedding last spring. Every single makeup artist I researched online was so out of my budget I quickly became frustrated. When I found Micaela from Kiss and Makeup I was so excited that her pricing was so reasonable and that it was airbrushed! As if that wasn't deal enough she also does the mother of the bride for free which I thought was so sweet. My mom had been a little skeptical about paying to get hers done to begin with but who can resist free?! She ended up looking amazing too, and Micaela was sure to listen to my mom about what she wanted so she would be comfortable. Huge plus for me, seeing my mom being treated well even though she wasn't paying for the service.
    On my actual wedding day everything went super smooth and Micaela was right on time and did an awesome job with me and all the girls. My hair and makeup could not have looked better, I was so happy with the outcome. I have horrible dark circles under my eyes and I was dealing with a breakout and the makeup turned out flawless. I felt so incredibly beautiful and I got compliments all night long on my hair.
    I found Micaela to be very sweet, accommodating, easy to talk to, and most of all, talented. Do yourselves a huge favor and book her for your wedding!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Aryn · event on 04/14/2012

Michela is a very skilled make-up and hair artist. She is creative and flexible and a pleasure to work with. She did work for me on 4 music videos and all the work she did was fabulous quality. I would highly recommend her for any kind of hair and make-up work, especially for events caught on camera and film.

Sent on 07/20/2012

Michelle · Married on 03/10/2012

Micaela simply amazed me on my wedding day. She did my makeup that was absolutly flawless, along with hair and makeup for other's in the wedding party. You can tell she loves what she does and has fun with it. I will only go to her now to do my makeup. She is fantastic and delivered exactly what I wanted! Thanks for an awesome job girl. You made me feel so beautiful on one of the biggest days of my life!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2011

Michaela was awesome! She made me look like a super model on my wedding day :) She was able to work with our wedding day schedule and come to our house to do hair and makeup for myself and 5 bridesmaids. Everyone looked so pretty. She is good at what she does.

Sent on 04/24/2014

chelsey · Married on 03/19/2011

I used kiss and makeup for my mom, 4 bridesmaids, and self on my wedding day, They provided hair and makeup and were very professional. I will definitely be using them again in the future for my makeup needs.

Sent on 10/28/2013
  • User3638862 · event on 05/16/2010

Micaela is amazing! She did about 5 of us! We all looked gorgeous and were OBSESSED with taking pictures of ourselves all night! Lol!! Would def ask her to do my makeup again.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Charity · Married on 08/09/2008

My makeup looked fabulous! Her service was attentive and catered to my needs! I recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 07/19/2012
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 11/19/2016

I am SO thankful I had Micaela do my wedding hair and makeup! She was prompt in communication and responsiveness, helped pick the package that was right for my budget, and made me feel like an ABSOLUTE princess. On our wedding day, she was early, professional, and kept to our timeline perfectly (even with lots of bridesmaids with thick/long hair)!! She kept the atmosphere light and fun as we were getting ready, and I really enjoyed having her and her sister helping us get ready!
    She even helped me when I requested a last-minute change to my wedding-day hair (different from my trial run); and absolutely RAN with my vision to create the most BEAUTIFUL hairstyle I could have ever imagined or asked for. (Including finding extra flowers to place in my hair to match my bouquet!) In all, very personable, extremely talented, and a definite YES to hire for your wedding!!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/11/2015

"Stunning" was the word most people used to describe me on my wedding day and I owe it all to Micaela! I felt the most beautiful I've ever felt in my life and that's exactly how you should feel on your wedding day. Micaela was flexible with my hair and makeup trial sessions and helped me work them around other wedding events like my engagement photos and wedding shower. She freely gave her opinions but was also 100% committed to providing the look I was going for. She did little things to make the experience special, like gave me a full size lip gloss on my wedding day and left extra eyelash glue with me. Although wedding hair and makeup can be pricey, she was worth every penny! (Plus she was not the highest quote I received) Micaela also made my mom, mother-in-law, and two bridesmaids feel beautiful for my big day. Thank you for everything Micaela!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Elyse · Married on 03/09/2018

I worked with Brea and Micaela for my March 2018 wedding and I have nothing but great things to say about both ladies. Micaela was professional, helpful, and polite during the inquiry process - especially with my multiple questions about Asian eye make up experience for one of my bridesmaids! She worked with me to ensure I had a great package for my needs. The trial and day of coordination process was so easy and I LOVED that airbrush makeup and eyelashes are included in every package. Brea was a great artist and understood exactly the look and feel I wanted for my big day and made sure I was happy with the results. She made me feel so beautiful

Sent on 04/12/2018
    Kiss and Makeup 7

Very nice and professional. She did the hair and makeup for my mom and sister for my wedding. They were both very pleased.

Sent on 12/22/2014
  • catherine

catherine · Married on 05/12/2014

I enjoyed getting my hair and makeup done and having the whole experience I loved how my hair and makeup turned out and would do it all over again if I had the chance. She defiantly knows what she was doing. Also was great company when getting it done, I didn't have to sit in the chair and not be talking to no one the whole time she kept the conversation going and didn't mind people coming in and out of the room to confirm everything that was still being done and needed to be gone over with me. I cant thank her enough for coming out when it was raining bad and even hailed at some point, great person to hire for that very special day.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Baylie · event on 05/10/2014

AMAZING!!!! Did exactly what I asked for and even better

Sent on 05/16/2014

T · Married on 03/27/2013

I wish I could have this vendor assist me everyday or at least at my every beckon call. She was worth every penny.

Sent on 05/21/2013

4.2
      2.5

She was very responsive and saved the day by providing makeup and hair for me and a couple bridesmaids when I only contacted her 2 weeks before the wedding. Although it was out of my price range, she did a great job and made me look natural but made up enough for photos.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Samantha · event on 05/10/2014

3.6
      3.0

Loved the make up always have! Hair was okay

Sent on 05/21/2014
  • Terry & Nicole

Terry · Married on 10/16/2015

2.8
      2.0
      2.5
      3.5

Micaela is very sweet and friendly and willing to really listen to what you want. She was open to feedback after the initial trial makeup run, which was comforting. However, she was over an hour late to our appointment on the wedding day, which really messed up our timeline. As a result, we missed out on several pre-ceremony photo ops.

Sent on 06/04/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/24/2017

0.4
      0.5

Used this vendor at my friends wedding about 2 years ago and was very pleased with my experience. So pleased that when I got engaged last summer I knew I wanted to use her for our wedding this coming summer. Booked with her pretty quickly. My engagement portraits were in October and I had a hard time getting the make up session set up with her. Ended up having to get my hair and make up done at noon for a 5pm portrait session. About 30 minutes prior to my appointment with her I asked her if she wanted anything for lunch as I was picking something up and she calls me to tell me she's sending people from her team instead of coming herself. She made up an excuse to not come because she didn't want to. I was not at all pleased with my hair and makeup from her team. My hair was falling before they left my house and I specifically requested to not have brown colors on my eyes so my eyes would look green instead of brown and they put a very dark brown on them. Ended up having to recurl my hair and take some of the eye makeup off and reapply my own. I was very disappointed with the way it turned out.

Because I had already contracted with them I decided to give them another shot with my bridal portraits. About a week after the engagement session I emailed her about her pricing for the bridesmaids so I could give them exact pricing. She used an system called honeybook and the pricing she originally sent me timed out so I couldn't pull it up again. She gave me attitude for asking her to resend it. I never heard from her again after this. I emailed her about 6 times within a month period and my photographer emailed her too so we could get everything set up for bridal portraits in April. No response whatsoever. I finally sent her an email that said I needed some sort of response or I would have to consider our contract null and void. Again no response. I ended up having to book someone else for my bridals and wedding day. Very disappointed and would not recommend.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Leslie · Married on 09/21/2013

0.0

1. My hair fell before I walked down the aisle. I had to get a friend to pin in up after my makeup artist left.

2. The makeup ran out in the gun she was using and when it was all done only half of my face looked like it was covered in makeup. I ended up wiping it all off and just using my own because hers looked so bad.

3. I arranged for my mother to get her makeup done and she refused to wait until she arrived at the wedding because she "had a date at hooters"

4. She arrived 30 early to do my makeup which was not what we discussed. She refused to acknowledge that we did not set that time. She rushed me through my getting easy process and as a result I had no family member with me while I got my hair and makeup done. She kept talking about how she had somewhere to be and how she's was having a girl date at hooters because "this baby wants fried pickles" making my wedding day seem insignificant to get girls date.

5. She arrived at my house and proceeded to talk about how weird the town I live in is. I couldn't tell if she was sayig my home was weird or my town or both. Either way how rude! Even if that's an opinion you have personally, be professional and keep it to yourself until you leave my house. It compleatly made me feel like my home and my wedding was unimportant and petty.

There were many things that I felt should have gone differently on my wedding day. I did not feel special, I did not feel like a priority and I did not even feel like she even cared if she did a good job or not. The end result was unacceptable and I ended up just doing it myself anyway. I'm very disappointed. Not how I wanted to remember my day at all.

Sent on 10/24/2013