KIS photography Reviews

19 | Austin, TX

19 Reviews for KIS photography

Hope · Married on 03/17/2013

Kathryn was very easy to work with and very patient with our infants break in the session for napping and eating. Photos turned out wonderful and the quality was great. I would recommend her to friends and family.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Cassaundra · Married on 02/16/2013

Kathryn did an amazing job photographing me on my special day. The pictures are fantastic! She has an uncanny knack for capturing moments in a natural and beautiful way; both staged and candid. She was also very professional and super easy to get along with. I love Kathryn's work and would highly recommend her to anyone that values brilliant photography and memories that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 03/20/2013

I met with Kathryn after doing a search for photographers online. After meeting with her I knew I didn't want to meet with anyone else. She was at our venue on time and was very professional through the whole event. She had nice spaces picked out for us to have our pictures taken. After the wedding was over, she told me to give her 30 days to have our photos ready. They were available within a week and they were great, I had to choose to delete some because we went over on what we had purchased beforehand. After looking at them, we just paid for the extras. They were all so good we just couldn't delete many of them. Another family member has chosen to hire Kathryn. I will definitely recommend her services to other people.

Sent on 12/20/2012

Sierra · Married on 08/25/2012

Let me just start by saying, Kathryn is an incredible talent and an awesome find. We were searching for someone to photograph our small Burnet, TX wedding and my husband happened upon her website. We were both immediately in love with her photos and her pricing was perfect for our budget. Upon meeting Kathryn we discovered she is one of the sweetest, most genuine people you could ask for her and decided right away she was the one for us.
    Kathryn showed up early on our wedding day to scope out the grounds and spend some time snapping pictures of the girls getting ready. I remember seeing her in the beginning, but not so much there after; she blended right in! Kathryn was always checking in with me to let me know what she was getting shots of or if there were things we really wanted photographed. The wedding day went by so fast we were very anxious to see our pictures. Much to our surprise, Kathryn pulled a couple all nighters and we had our photos in 2 weeks!!!
    Kathryn did an incredible job and I can't say enough to speak for her talent. She captured our day perfectly and I couldn't have asked for anything more from her. Thank you, Kathryn!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Kathryn was great and our pictures are beautiful. She was very easy to work with, kept a clear line of communication, and returned our emails and phone calls promptly. She understood our expectations and she delivered. Her flexibility and professionalism are remarkable. My wife and I had decided to start taking pictures at the reception place instead of the church. I called Kathryn the day of the wedding with such change of plan and she gladly accommodated our request.

Kathryn is very creative. She had nice suggestions on picture portraits and they all came out very nice. She had a way of maneuvering around that allowed her to be unnoticeable to our guests while capturing many pertinent and special details that had escaped our attention on that busy day.

Also, we did shop around for photography deals and Kathryn's packages were very competitive on the market.

Sent on 09/23/2012

Carol · Married on 08/04/2012

We were extremely please with the service and the end product - Kathryn was very professional and easy to work with. We loved the pictures!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Becky · Married on 07/21/2012

My husband and I could not be more thrilled with our wedding photos, and we keep getting so many compliments!! Kathryn was so organized, professional, and easy to work with from the start. We had interviewed two other photographers, and Kathryn was hands-down the best! We had a lot of questions, and she gave us such nice suggestions, that we didn't even feel like we needed a coordinator. She got there early to set up and meet people, which everybody really appreciated, and she was so genuine with our family. Her workflow was nicely balanced too. She did a great job of staying out of sight, but still being there when we needed some guidance. I'm pretty camera shy, but she made me feel so comfortable! I can honestly say that my husband and I look pretty darn good in our photos! :) I spent months planning our perfect wedding, and Kathryn was the perfect photographer! She didn't miss a single detail, and all the photos turned out absolutely beautiful! We can't thank her enough!

Sent on 08/02/2012

k · Married on 03/31/2012

Kathryn is an excellent photographer. I usually feel awkward when being photographed, but Kathryn made me feel comfortable and the pictures were beautiful. She was very professional and easy to work with. I will definitely use her again in the future.

Sent on 04/18/2012

Cristy · Married on 03/24/2012

Kathryn was absolutely fantastic! She was reliable and thorough. We didn't have to worry about a thing with Kathryn as our photographer. Her pictures turned out amazing! She was extremely organized and professional. We truly enjoyed working with her for our wedding.

Sent on 05/06/2012

Kari · Married on 03/10/2012

KIS Photography was wonderful. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great and affordable photographer.

Sent on 03/20/2012

ASHLEY · Married on 03/03/2012

Kathryn was such a joy to work with and she took the most beautiful pictures. We are so thrilled that we used her for or wedding!!!

Sent on 03/27/2012

acellic · Married on 12/18/2011

Kathryn was amazing! She arrived early to set up and was very calm during all the chaos of preparations. She was able to get us some great shots of our special day. The turn around for photos was way quicker that I'd ever imagined...obvious by the date of the event and the date of this review. I highly recommend using KIS-Photography, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/03/2012

Alina · Married on 11/12/2011

I feel so lucky to have found Kathryn to do our wedding pics - I wanted to find someone who takes great pictures but didn't charge an outrageous amount. Kathryn takes beautiful pictures, she's very detail oriented, dedicated, personable, and talented. During the entire planning process Kathryn made us feel comfortable, gave great suggestions, and understood our needs (even when we didn't quite know what we wanted). The day of the wedding she worked nonstop and was very professional working with everyone. She was so dedicated that she edited the pictures soon after the wedding and we received our CD much faster than expected and she even organized all the photos. She did an AMAZING job. Love her!

Sent on 12/07/2011
  • Griselda Costilla

Griselda · Married on 10/14/2011

Kathryn was recommended thru a co-worker of my husband’s when we started the planning process for our wedding we told ourselves that we wanted a really good photographer that was gonna be reasonable , paid attention to the gazillion details I had worked my butt planning the whole year like favors, decorations ect. Ect. and be able to capture the right pictures at the right time I didn’t wanted to be posed for those moments that a good photographer should be able to capture without posing the couple. I hate it when photographers pose you for certain posed moments. " You know like kiss here hold each other here" and the pics look too posed we had that issue with a different photographer that did our engagement pics with, I wish we would’ve booked Kathryn then before spending our $. Kathryn is such a planner she always met us on time and was extremely flexible with our schedule. She even kept my sanity at times by reminding me “hey you got any new captured moments you want me to catch or don’t forget to keep me updated on any new news” She even steak’d out the venue a few months before the wedding just to get familiar with the venue and scenery and let me know. The day of the wedding it was like Kathryn and her crew weren’t even there but in a good way cause we went about our wedding day getting ready, doing the ceremony and reception and she and her 2nd photographer which definitely spend the extra $ and get a 2nd photographer with your package well worth the $ plus it helps capture ALL those great moments but they were like little paparazzi taking pics from afar and between the crowd but every pic was an awesome captured moment that I didn’t even know she or her crew had captured there was a very, very special moment that she captured with my grandmother and the crazy thing was that Kathryn didn’t even know the details of the moment but it was a beautiful picture long story short my grandmother and I are estranged so were not very close and she never cries or shows any kind of emotion and it was a miracle that she even came to the wedding. I was so happy that she decided to come and after my ceremony I gave her a huge hug and a kiss and told her how happy I was that she was there and my grandmother hugged me back and she totally melted in tears and told me how beautiful I looked and how my father (her son) would’ve been so happy (he passed away 11 yrs ago) after the moment I was so excited and I told my mom and I was like “no one is gonna believe that I had this moment with her! No one is, and it was so amazing darn!” Well when Kathryn gave me my wedding pics I was in tears that she caught that precise moment! Of us hugging and of her crying I was like I had no clue she even caught that?! She took pics of all my little details all like my shoes, favors, decorations everything and the action shots of all the dancing and Mexican traditions we had at the wedding LOL they were all perfect! I would highly recommend her to anyone! Sorry for the long review but i had so much to be thankful for!Thanks Kathryn!

Sent on 11/14/2011

Meggie · Married on 10/08/2011

Kathryn was very professional from day 1. We met months in advance and kept in contact the entire duration of my engagement. She was very adamant about providing services that reflected what I wanted for my wedding. She responded promptly every time I contacted her and was very flexible and happy to accommodate. My husband and I are very happy with our wedding photos. She did a great job capturing the important moments and emotions of the day. Two thumbs up!!!!! Thank you, Kathryn!

Sent on 10/13/2011
  • Maylon and Paul

Maylon and Paul · Married on 05/30/2011

Kathryn was awesome.
    I was planning my austin wedding while living in Chicago. Luckily she had done many weddings at Green Pastures where my wedding was. So she already knew the layout and where all the good shots would be. I didint have time to meet with her before the wedding, but she saved us so much stress bc she directed us where good shots on the porch and by the trees would be on the day of the wedding. The pictures were awesome. She took great shots of little details like our wedding favors, cake etc, and alot of fun candid shots of all our friends and family. We also got some great family shots, and fun shots of me and my husband. She was so easy to work with and nice. I would definately reccommend her!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Stacy · Married on 04/21/2012

We were truly fortunate that one of our friends recommended Kathryn to us. She did such a fantastic job with the bridal pictures, ceremony, portraits, and reception. She was very organized, professional and prompt. We hardly knew she was at the ceremony and reception (which is a good thing) and yet the pictures she captured were truly amazing. We couldn't be more satisfied and HIGHLY recommend Kathryn to any soon-to-be-brides out there.

Sent on 05/28/2012

3.5

Kathryn was a pleasure to work with and she got some great shots from my wedding! My only critique would be that the family and wedding party portraits taken directly after the wedding were a little too rushed, and there were some spacing and lighting issues in the pictures. However, overall, I was really happy with the service and I would definitely recommend KIS photography to other brides.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Ashia · Married on 06/09/2012

I remember when I first met Kathryn - she brought her presentation to my home and provided an extensive detailed outline of her services. While we were shopping for the perfect vendor we fell in love with her. She is professional, polite, and has a great personality. On the day of the event she captured so many precious moments and made me and my family feel so comfortable, it was simply amazing. I didn't have to worry about one single thing. After my wedding our pictures arrived to us within a week - can we say outstanding service! Thank you so much for making my day so memorable, Ashia

Sent on 07/31/2012