Kirkbrides Reviews

77 | Cleveland, OH

77 Reviews for Kirkbrides

3.2
      2.5

My husband and I originally hired Valarie to help keep things running smoothly the day of our wedding. We wanted to be able to enjoy the day and not have to worry about a thing. During our first meeting, we also decided to get help coordinating the decor for our wedding. The planning process for the decor went well. Valarie was always prompt with replies to emails and phone calls. She set up meetings with our florist, and arranged for lighting, linens, and a photo booth.

Sadly, our wedding day did not run as smoothly. The wedding day was the main reason we hired valarie and the service definitely fell short. I had a large spot on the back of my dress. I asked Valarie if she had anything to remove it. She said yes but never gave me anything to remove the spot. When we arrived at the reception hall early, my bridesmaids noticed that my father and siblings were not going to be seated at a table in the family section. One bridesmaid told Valarie three times and nothing was done to change it. When I mentioned it to Valarie she did fix it minutes before guests arrived. I then asked if there were any other mistakes and if so, we needed to fix them immediately. She said she didn't know because the seating chart was in her car.

Throughout the reception I was repeatedly approached by the staff of the facility to ask different questions. They were all things that we had covered with Valarie and we had to keep directing people to her. When it came time to do the bouquet toss I realized I had no toss bouquet even though it was ordered. When I asked Valarie were it was she just said she didn't know and did nothing to try to remedy the problem. There were several other things throughout the reception like candles that were never lit, a missing centerpiece on a guest table but there was one on the staff table, etc.

Sent on 08/03/2013
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 09/09/2018

2.8
      1.0
      3.0

My planner was very responsive. Lacked in execution.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Kirkbrides's reply:

Hello Erica,

I am very sorry you felt dissatisfied by our coordination services. For our coordination package, we strive to provide our clients organized management of the wedding day to execute the plans made by the bride and groom before our assistance begins.

Our coordination package includes planning of the itinerary, final walk-through at venue, all confirmation calls the week of the wedding and 10 hours of coordination time on the wedding day with a lead coordinator and assistant. I know this wedding had many setup items including centerpieces, putting flowers together with lanterns, a garland on the ceremony wall and so forth. I think a florist or decorator would have been a better match for your needs than a day-of coordination package but regardless, they tried their best to do something that we don't normally do. More items to put together for setup kept arriving during the day which they weren’t aware would be need to be worked on including centerpiece items still in original packaging and boxes, silk flowers to be cut and placed in lanterns, dessert stands to be assembled, garlands to be hung and so forth. This is just not our regular process for coordinating the day since there is always a florist doing these tasks. They both took everything given to them and absolutely tried their best to get it all done and set up for you, which they did. We only want the best for all of our couples!

In regards to specific execution issues mentioned in your survey response which I’ve just responded to within our e-mail chain, we had some feedback on what we saw that occurred which I’ve shared with you and I hope can bring some clarification on the events of the day. Thank you for your time and consideration and congratulations on your wedding!

All my best,