Kirkbrides Reviews

77 | Cleveland, OH

77 Reviews for Kirkbrides

Mike · Married on 10/16/2010

Valerie and her staff were outstanding throughout the process, from the initial planning stages to the day of our wedding. I felt as though I had good information from them on a regular basis, their knowledge of and experience with local vendors was timely and very helpful and whenever my wife and I had questions, they were answered quickly and effectively.

The day of the wedding could not have gone better and their team was a big part of that success. The itinerary that they prepared beforehand was very helpful and seemed to keep all parties informed. I did not notice one item that seemed incorrect, out of place, missed, etc. In fact, everything went so smoothly that we got numerous compliments.

I would recommend her service and team to any couple that is planning a wedding and looking for this type of assistance. Great job Valerie, Maura, Michelle and Lyndsey!!!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Lauren · Married on 05/30/2010

Throughout the planning process Valarie was extremely helpful and professional. Her experience and creativity helped us make decisions on wedding details and vendors that were best for our vision and budget. She is extremely patient and thoughtful, helping me focus on each part of the wedding in manageable pieces and always going above and beyond to ease my hesistations or concerns. Our wedding day turned out to be more incredible than I ever could have imagined and I owe that largely to Valarie and the Kirkbrides team. I never thought I could spend the week leading up to my wedding enjoying myself and my family, but Valarie had everything handled behind the scenes and left me free to soak it all in and have the time of my life! Having Valarie guide me through this process was priceless and I know she's the reason we will have such incredible memories of our big day!!

Sent on 06/16/2010

Alice · Married on 05/15/2010

The Kirkbrides team does a great job of planning and are really 'on the ball' at all times! The cost may seem high compared to other planners, but you get what you pay for! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/14/2010

laura · Married on 01/16/2010

Valarie is absolutely the best in Cleveland! She worked with me over 8 months planning our wedding, and it truly was the best day ever. She has great ideas, her knowledge of other vendors in the area is an enormous help - I never had to worry that I was choosing someone that wasn't going to be perfect :) Her organizational skills are insane - my family didn't have to worry about a thing the entire day! Just all around, a super cool, classy wedding planner. Loved every minute of working with Kirkbrides!

Sent on 02/04/2010

Abby · Married on 10/24/2009

In short, Valarie was amazing. She always responded quickly to my emails and phone calls. The day of my wedding I didn't worry about anything. Everything went so smoothly and perfectly. The vendors were all amazing and clearly valued Valarie. It was truly the most wonderful day of my life and almost all of that can be attributed to Valarie.

Sent on 01/20/2010

Emily · Married on 10/10/2009

Valarie at Kirkbrides Wedding Planning and Design was amazing to work with from the moment we met her. She helped us shape the big picture our our wedding and also provided some amazing details such as the menus and place cards. She recommended vendors and went to meetings with us which was helpful because my husband and I were pretty clueless about some things and didn't even know what kinds of questions to ask! She kept us on schedule so that we made sure everything was done on time, both leading up to and on the actual day, and the final result was the most amazing day of my life. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 11/27/2009

Melissa · Married on 09/12/2009

Hiring Valarie was the best choice I made in the planning my wedding.

Sent on 11/30/2009

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2009

Valarie and her team did an absolutely wonderful job for my wedding, and I would highly recommend them to any bride. Valarie is highly responsive and personable and made the planning process a joy. She seems to truly love what she does, which is reflected in the effort and personal details put into each of the weddings she plans.

Sent on 09/04/2009

kara · Married on 05/30/2009

Valarie and her team are essential for any wedding. I was stress free and knew without a doubt that everything was going to be perfect.

Laura · Married on 05/16/2009

My husband and I had the most amazing experience working with Valarie and her team. She provided valuable information, feedback, and guidance, and was extremely responsive with e-mails and phone calls. She was always flexible with meeting times, which was especially important since we live out of state, and could only make it back to Ohio a few times prior to the wedding. The wedding was all we could have dreamed of and more, and we couldn't have done it without Kirkbrides!

Rebecca · Married on 03/28/2009

Valarie was a complete and total delight to work with. She listened to what we wanted and was very patient with us - even when we completely changed direction at the beginning. She had wonderful ideas for special touches that made the day unforgettable, and she incorporated all of the little things that we asked for as well. The vendors she recommended were fabulous (all of them!) and she made our wedding day easy, fun and enjoyable. We are still getting compliments about it, months later.

Kelsey · Married on 03/14/2009

Kirkbrides was a wonderful wedding planning experience. The team members made a ton of suggestions for theme, colors, decor, food, etc so that I knew all the options available to me, but at the same time they let my fiance and I make the decisions that were fitting with our idea of our wedding day. The day of went so smoothly thanks to the team.... I didn't have to worry about a thing and could just enjoy getting ready, smiling for the pictures, and visiting with all my guests. I'm so glad we worked with Kirkbrides and would recommend them to anyone looking for a creative, fun, relaxing wedding.

Kelly · Married on 05/16/2008

Valarie's participation in my wedding planning was unsurpassable. Her value greatly outweighs her planning fees. I'd strongly recommend her to anyone.

Bethany · Married on 05/31/2006

Kirkbride's was the perfect choice for us. Valarie made it easy to plan our wedding in Ohio from the state of Washington. We discussed what we were looking for in our wedding and she provided the perfect vendors for our needs.

Sent on 03/05/2010

Nikki & Chris · Married on 05/21/2016

We were planning our wedding from out of state and Roxanne went above and beyond to make the process easy for us. We got the partial package as we thought we could do a lot ourselves, but we often turned to Roxanne for advice, opinions and best practices and it was SO helpful to have her mediate with vendors! Highly rrecommend using Kirkbrides!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Gretchen · Married on 07/14/2012

I worked with Allison of Kirkbrides to plan our July wedding. We had a fairly short engagement, and were planning our Ohio wedding (where my husband is from,) from our home in Denver, Colorado. I am not familiar with the area, and found putting the wedding together increasingly difficult. When we hired Allison, it was a HUGE relief. She didn't stress about the lack of time, or the fact that I would not be able to fly in again to go and meet vendors with her. She was flexible, professional, friendly, reassuring - basically everything you want of a planner. And she did it all over of the phone with me. She was able to put together an eco-friendly, romantic and beautiful outdoor wedding that truly reflected our taste, based off of nothing but our conversations and a few pictures I sent her of things we liked. The did an AMAZING job and I highly recommend Kirkbrides to all brides-to-be who need a helping hand in planning the big day.

Sent on 08/22/2012

Jackie · Married on 10/21/2017

Our wedding planner was Allison Miller. She was absolutely amazing. She did both of our daughters weddings (and they were both in 2017). My daughters had very different styles and Allison worked well with both of them. She offered suggestions, was not pushy, but gently guided us to get all the tasks done. One daughter was in California while we planned here in Cleveland. Allison helped her find vendors that she knew were good and reliable. She kept her sense of humor and helped us be organized. As the Mother of the Bride, I knew I did not need to worry about anything the day of the wedding and that was a huge load off my mind.

Sent on 02/06/2018

Tracy · Married on 07/09/2016

Roxanne was professional, fun & easy to work with. We had communication issues with the reception venue and Roxanne did a great job working with them and helping keep everything on task. I had quite a bit of "extras" (Furniture, books, flowers, pashminas, asst. picture frames & decor, etc.) and told her to just do whatever she felt was the best arrangement. The reception venue looked amazing!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Carrie · Married on 05/08/2010

I was incredibly pleased w/ Valarie as our planner. Her attention to detail really made my day more than I ever imagined. I appreciated her ability to handle my last minute changes to my colors yet still make my day amazing. I would definitely recommend her company to a bride looking for organizational help - Kirkbrides will give you that and more. I truly had a stress free day w/ the help of Valarie and her assistants.

Sent on 06/21/2010

David · Married on 07/25/2009

Don't become a wedding planner by planning your own wedding. Take my advice and use the professional expertise of Kirkbrides, the cost was well worth it!

Debbie · Married on 07/17/2010

Val you did a wonderful job with the wedding. We were so please. A little disappointed to not see it in your blog yet, since July. The only improvement I could offer is in flexibility. Given my hectic pace as a business owner, it was difficult at times, to get things done with you.

Sent on 11/07/2010

Kirkbrides's reply:

Thank you for your review Debbie! I greatly apologize for any inconvenience in flexibility. In the past few months, we have now lowered the number of weddings we take in the workload at one time. I just received the wedding photos from the photographer 2 weeks ago, so am working on catching up on posts and it should be up by next week! :)

Alexander · Married on 05/15/2010

It was a pleasure working with Valarie. She is very organized, coordinates the entire planning process, and her wedding day execution was outstanding. She is a tremendous asset to any couple!

Thanks Valarie!

Sent on 06/11/2010

Brittney · Married on 09/06/2009

Valarie was great to work with, always responded promptly to my calls and emails, and made sure I really enjoyed my day.

Michelle · Married on 06/06/2009

3.5

Kirkbrides is definitely worth the investment. Valarie is very creative and well experienced in the field. She is easy to work with and very professional. Whenever we had a question there wasn't a doubt that we would hear back from Valarie either later that day or first thing the next day. Hiring Kirkbrides to coordinate our wedding was the best decision we made. Valarie saved us so much time and effort in the planning process. We couldn't have pulled off such a perfect wedding without her help!

Sent on 11/20/2009

Lee-Anne · Married on 08/27/2011

3.4
      2.5
      3.0
      3.5

We hired Kirkbrides for Day of Wedding Coordination because neither myself nor the groom live in Cleveland. Everything went really well through the planning stages but the execution fell a bit flat. The coordinator assigned to my wedding couldn't make it to my wedding rehearsal, so they had someone else coordinate that instead. On the day of the wedding, the guests were supposed to enter from one door and the other door was meant to be for the bridal party only. When I arrived at the wedding venue, guests were entering from both doors and I had to sit and wait in the limo for 20 minutes because for some reason this couldn't be remedied. People participating in the ceremony didn't seem to be getting any instructions from the coordinators. While I was waiting, a few times they told me that the way was clear for me to go to the bridal prep room but there were still guests milling around. So several guests saw me in my wedding dress before the ceremony even began. They even managed to confuse some of the other vendors in terms of the timeline for photographs and the rest of the day. In the end, I the bride, had to be the one telling everyone what they needed to do and when. The Day of Wedding Coordination fees weren't that high, so I wasn't upset about having paid for this service, but it didn't really add much value to event.

Valerie, the owner of Kirkbrides, got in touch with me regarding this review. She was genuinely upset that I wasn't 100% pleased with my coordination services. She assured me that my feedback was being taken seriously and that she is making changes within her team to ensure that Kirkbrides' reputed high standards remain in tact.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Kirkbrides's reply:

Lee-Anne, Thank you for your valuable feedback. I appreciate the fact that we talked and as you stated, changes within our team have been made immediately in order to avoid such repeat occurrences in the future. We will also use your feedback in our future processes as well as events occurring at your wedding venues.

I take my job and the wedding days to heart and value the opportunity I have to provide service to people like you on the most important days in their family’s lives.

I wish you lots of happiness in the years to come in your new marriage.